Remember me
▼ Content

Climate Change Overview



Page 1 of 212>
Climate Change Overview10-11-2021 19:22
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(10385)
I highly recommend everyone read the following article. You'll be absolutely convinced that I wrote it ... but I didn't. The author, Tim Black, even capitalizes "The Science" as I have done (but he does not write "The Thienth").

https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/11/04/how-the-climate-lobby-crushed-debate/

This article is an excellent overview of the state of the Climate debate and all newbies to the topic should be referred to it first as a primer.

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
10-11-2021 19:49
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
IBdaMann wrote:
I highly recommend everyone read the following article. You'll be absolutely convinced that I wrote it ... but I didn't. The author, Tim Black, even capitalizes "The Science" as I have done (but he does not write "The Thienth").

https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/11/04/how-the-climate-lobby-crushed-debate/

This article is an excellent overview of the state of the Climate debate and all newbies to the topic should be referred to it first as a primer.

.



Such narrow mindedness ignores the fact that both NOx and SOx help to destroy the ozone layer over Antarctica and over the Arctic as well.
Because ozone in the stratosphere likes to fill holes, this depletes the average ozone column in the stratosphere. I think this is the real threat.
And while scientists focused on CO2 since Arrhenius, they might not want to say he was wrong. But then this might be considered correct because they got atmospheric air pressure wrong. That's something I am wanting to correct.
Edited on 10-11-2021 19:50
10-11-2021 22:31
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16460)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
I highly recommend everyone read the following article. You'll be absolutely convinced that I wrote it ... but I didn't. The author, Tim Black, even capitalizes "The Science" as I have done (but he does not write "The Thienth").

https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/11/04/how-the-climate-lobby-crushed-debate/

This article is an excellent overview of the state of the Climate debate and all newbies to the topic should be referred to it first as a primer.

.



Such narrow mindedness ignores the fact that both NOx and SOx help to destroy the ozone layer over Antarctica and over the Arctic as well.
Because ozone in the stratosphere likes to fill holes, this depletes the average ozone column in the stratosphere. I think this is the real threat.
And while scientists focused on CO2 since Arrhenius, they might not want to say he was wrong. But then this might be considered correct because they got atmospheric air pressure wrong. That's something I am wanting to correct.

He was wrong. See the laws of thermodynamics, which falsified Arrhenius' theory about CO2 having magick properties to warm the Earth.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
Edited on 10-11-2021 22:32
10-11-2021 22:43
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
With this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S9cuYascPQ, at the 4:10 mark he shows how to consider the different KE of different molecules. This matters because if when it is 60º F. or 15.6º C., this relates to how fast atmospheric gasses are moving.
And it is a major difference between 14.7 psi or 1.033 kgf/cm^2 and a much lower pressure. With a much lower pressure this would consider how much energy does a gas molecule have? That's getting into atomic physics and how much linear and angular moment an element has.
With atmospheric chemistry, that has pretty much been ignored. Why I say this is because collisions release heat. And faster moving molecules will have more violent collisions than slow moving molecules. And if elements bonding causes them to become more excited, then there will be more collisions. This allows for a "high pressure" according to a barometer.

To simplify, since 3/2kT = 1/2mv^2, if this is at 14.7 psi at 59º F. which seems to be the base value for atmospheric conditions, then if I am right, the 3/2 would need to be changed to a much higher value. Then it would agree with the right side of the = sign. I'd simply be showing that atmospheric gasses have in reality much more kinetic energy.

With an element, if it's not moving, it has no velocity. Yet it has angular velocity because it's spinning in place. And it might be this angular velocity would be the v in 1/2mv^2. This would relate atomic physics with chemistry.
And when an element like oxygen hits another element or molecule, then some of its angular momentum is converted into linear momentum.
Edited on 10-11-2021 23:12
10-11-2021 23:47
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(2621)
IBdaMann wrote:
I highly recommend everyone read the following article. You'll be absolutely convinced that I wrote it ... but I didn't. The author, Tim Black, even capitalizes "The Science" as I have done (but he does not write "The Thienth").

https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/11/04/how-the-climate-lobby-crushed-debate/

This article is an excellent overview of the state of the Climate debate and all newbies to the topic should be referred to it first as a primer.

.

My cousin likes to write it as "The Science™" ... I typically write it as "The Science".
10-11-2021 23:53
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
I highly recommend everyone read the following article. You'll be absolutely convinced that I wrote it ... but I didn't. The author, Tim Black, even capitalizes "The Science" as I have done (but he does not write "The Thienth").

https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/11/04/how-the-climate-lobby-crushed-debate/

This article is an excellent overview of the state of the Climate debate and all newbies to the topic should be referred to it first as a primer.

.

My cousin likes to write it as "The Science™" ... I typically write it as "The Science".



What does Genesis 1:26-28; God instructed humans to 'rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground', and to 'fill the earth and subdue it' mean to you?
I haven't read the Bible and have no idea what something like this means.
I guess what I'm asking is what does it mean to subdue the Earth and all life that abounds within its environments/ecosystems? I'm asking for a friend of mine.
Edited on 11-11-2021 00:23
11-11-2021 00:25
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(2621)
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
I highly recommend everyone read the following article. You'll be absolutely convinced that I wrote it ... but I didn't. The author, Tim Black, even capitalizes "The Science" as I have done (but he does not write "The Thienth").

https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/11/04/how-the-climate-lobby-crushed-debate/

This article is an excellent overview of the state of the Climate debate and all newbies to the topic should be referred to it first as a primer.

.

My cousin likes to write it as "The Science™" ... I typically write it as "The Science".



What does Genesis 1:26-28; God instructed humans to 'rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground', and to 'fill the earth and subdue it' mean to you?
I haven't read the Bible and have no idea what something like this means.

It is explaining the purpose of man and man's unique relation to the rest of creation. Man was created as imagers of God, to have dominion over God's Earthly creation.
11-11-2021 01:37
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
I highly recommend everyone read the following article. You'll be absolutely convinced that I wrote it ... but I didn't. The author, Tim Black, even capitalizes "The Science" as I have done (but he does not write "The Thienth").

https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/11/04/how-the-climate-lobby-crushed-debate/

This article is an excellent overview of the state of the Climate debate and all newbies to the topic should be referred to it first as a primer.

.

My cousin likes to write it as "The Science™" ... I typically write it as "The Science".



What does Genesis 1:26-28; God instructed humans to 'rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground', and to 'fill the earth and subdue it' mean to you?
I haven't read the Bible and have no idea what something like this means.

It is explaining the purpose of man and man's unique relation to the rest of creation. Man was created as imagers of God, to have dominion over God's Earthly creation.



And yet I like science. Go figure.
Attached image:

11-11-2021 02:04
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(2621)
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
I highly recommend everyone read the following article. You'll be absolutely convinced that I wrote it ... but I didn't. The author, Tim Black, even capitalizes "The Science" as I have done (but he does not write "The Thienth").

https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/11/04/how-the-climate-lobby-crushed-debate/

This article is an excellent overview of the state of the Climate debate and all newbies to the topic should be referred to it first as a primer.

.

My cousin likes to write it as "The Science™" ... I typically write it as "The Science".



What does Genesis 1:26-28; God instructed humans to 'rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground', and to 'fill the earth and subdue it' mean to you?
I haven't read the Bible and have no idea what something like this means.

It is explaining the purpose of man and man's unique relation to the rest of creation. Man was created as imagers of God, to have dominion over God's Earthly creation.



And yet I like science. Go figure.

No, you deny science.
11-11-2021 02:29
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
I highly recommend everyone read the following article. You'll be absolutely convinced that I wrote it ... but I didn't. The author, Tim Black, even capitalizes "The Science" as I have done (but he does not write "The Thienth").

https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/11/04/how-the-climate-lobby-crushed-debate/

This article is an excellent overview of the state of the Climate debate and all newbies to the topic should be referred to it first as a primer.

.

My cousin likes to write it as "The Science™" ... I typically write it as "The Science".



What does Genesis 1:26-28; God instructed humans to 'rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground', and to 'fill the earth and subdue it' mean to you?
I haven't read the Bible and have no idea what something like this means.

It is explaining the purpose of man and man's unique relation to the rest of creation. Man was created as imagers of God, to have dominion over God's Earthly creation.



And yet I like science. Go figure.

No, you deny science.



You should've said that I deny Jesus.
John 18:36;
Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place."

These words have nothing to do with physics. Physics it could be said denies Jesus. Maybe his Kingdom is of faith in his Father who sent him and had him crucified?
Again, I like science. Hopefully you notice how science is not based on faith in a God who has his son sacrificed to show his misguided beliefs in absolute power do not make right?

@Harvey55, this is why I need to quit drinking. Could you believe God sacrificed his son because of what he did to people? That is the New Testament but again, have never read the book.
Edited on 11-11-2021 02:55
11-11-2021 05:04
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(2621)
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
I highly recommend everyone read the following article. You'll be absolutely convinced that I wrote it ... but I didn't. The author, Tim Black, even capitalizes "The Science" as I have done (but he does not write "The Thienth").

https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/11/04/how-the-climate-lobby-crushed-debate/

This article is an excellent overview of the state of the Climate debate and all newbies to the topic should be referred to it first as a primer.

.

My cousin likes to write it as "The Science™" ... I typically write it as "The Science".



What does Genesis 1:26-28; God instructed humans to 'rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground', and to 'fill the earth and subdue it' mean to you?
I haven't read the Bible and have no idea what something like this means.

It is explaining the purpose of man and man's unique relation to the rest of creation. Man was created as imagers of God, to have dominion over God's Earthly creation.



And yet I like science. Go figure.

No, you deny science.



You should've said that I deny Jesus.
John 18:36;
Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place."

These words have nothing to do with physics. Physics it could be said denies Jesus. Maybe his Kingdom is of faith in his Father who sent him and had him crucified?
Again, I like science. Hopefully you notice how science is not based on faith in a God who has his son sacrificed to show his misguided beliefs in absolute power do not make right?

@Harvey55, this is why I need to quit drinking. Could you believe God sacrificed his son because of what he did to people? That is the New Testament but again, have never read the book.

You deny both Jesus AND science...

How do you know what the New Testament is about if you've never read it?
11-11-2021 05:29
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
gfm7175 wrote:

You deny both Jesus AND science...

How do you know what the New Testament is about if you've never read it?



Jesus had nothing to do with science. His father who sent him wasn't based on an ideological concept involving math.
For you gfm, Jesus died on the cross because we're not that good to begin with.
Deal with it, okay?

From here gfm, it only gets worse. You would be seen as openly promoting gay marriage while attacking heterosexual relationships. It's your call.
Edited on 11-11-2021 06:04
11-11-2021 06:06
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(10385)
James___ wrote:Jesus had nothing to do with science.

Technically, Jesus could "deny" any science He wanted because, unlike tmiddles, Jesus had a certain level of omniscience and could make any laws of science "not apply", i.e. miracles. gfm7175, am I right? I don't want to speak for you. My comments are non-binding on this matter.

James___ wrote: His father who sent him wasn't based on an ideological concept involving math.

Isn't that because He created the ideological concepts involving math? gfm7175, am I right? I don't want to speak for you. My comments are non-binding on this matter.

James___ wrote: For you gfm, Jesus died on the cross because we're not that good to begin with.

No, just me. I'm the one that needs a crapload of help. If you were Jesus and you were committed to doing everything necessary to save me, well, you can see how that could/would end up killing you. That's why Christians generally badmouth atheists. It's my fault, or at least I'm a major contributor.

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
11-11-2021 06:19
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:Jesus had nothing to do with science.

Technically, Jesus could "deny" any science He wanted because, unlike tmiddles, Jesus had a certain level of omniscience and could make any laws of science "not apply", i.e. miracles. gfm7175, am I right? I don't want to speak for you. My comments are non-binding on this matter.

James___ wrote: His father who sent him wasn't based on an ideological concept involving math.

Isn't that because He created the ideological concepts involving math? gfm7175, am I right? I don't want to speak for you. My comments are non-binding on this matter.

James___ wrote: For you gfm, Jesus died on the cross because we're not that good to begin with.

No, just me. I'm the one that needs a crapload of help. If you were Jesus and you were committed to doing everything necessary to save me, well, you can see how that could/would end up killing you. That's why Christians generally badmouth atheists. It's my fault, or at least I'm a major contributor.

.



Your post is acknowledged. Thank You for your contribution.
11-11-2021 07:40
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(10385)
James___ wrote:Your post is knowledge gold. Thank You for your contribution.

No problem. Don't be afraid to come to me with the hard stuff.

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
11-11-2021 11:10
duncan61
★★★★☆
(1441)
I have watched the alarmists move to a position where emmisions now cause climate change and the warming never gets mentioned.I enjoyed sharing this with a older chap from Cairns which I have been to and it is a tropical paradise.Dont forget you need the warming brother for all the other stuff to work?
11-11-2021 15:29
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:Your post is knowledge gold. Thank You for your contribution.

No problem. Don't be afraid to come to me with the hard stuff.

.



Has gfm been editing my posts again and using me as his parrot? I love Trump. He has shown that immigration, both legal and illegal made America Great but not the people who were already here. Why is this a recurring theme? Why is this a recurring theme? Why is this a recurring theme? Why is this a recurring theme? Why is this a recurring theme?

And if I get lucky I might be able to go back to where my Father came from. You know, Europe. Anything to make ITN happy. It's what Jesus would want me to do. gfm told me to say this. This is because Jesus wants ITN to know that he loves him


p.s., gfm, did I get that right?
11-11-2021 16:10
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(10385)
James___ wrote: Why is this a recurring theme?

... because you keep harping on it.

James___ wrote: Why is this a recurring theme?

... because you keep harping on it.

James___ wrote: Why is this a recurring theme?

... because you keep harping on it.

James___ wrote: Why is this a recurring theme?

... because you keep harping on it.

James___ wrote: And if I get lucky I might be able to go back to where my Father came from.

Remember that Norwegian Jet Stream Airlines requires a facemask to travel and charges 40 Euros/bag of checked luggage.

James___ wrote: It's what Jesus would want me to ddo

More importantly, it's what Jesus would do.

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
11-11-2021 16:22
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote: Why is this a recurring theme?

... because you keep harping on it.

James___ wrote: Why is this a recurring theme?

... because you keep harping on it.

James___ wrote: Why is this a recurring theme?

... because you keep harping on it.

James___ wrote: Why is this a recurring theme?

... because you keep harping on it.

James___ wrote: And if I get lucky I might be able to go back to where my Father came from.

Remember that Norwegian Jet Stream Airlines requires a facemask to travel and charges 40 Euros/bag of checked luggage.

James___ wrote: It's what Jesus would want me to do

More importantly, it's what Jesus would do.

.



It'd be kind of cool to leave the way my ancestors came to America (the U.S. of America actually refers to all lands between the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans). With my father, a steam driven piston engine powered the ship he was on.

p.s., would I be leaving the land of my forefathers? You know, Vinland.
Attached image:


Edited on 11-11-2021 16:24
11-11-2021 16:30
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(2621)
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

You deny both Jesus AND science...

How do you know what the New Testament is about if you've never read it?



Jesus had nothing to do with science. His father who sent him wasn't based on an ideological concept involving math.
For you gfm, Jesus died on the cross because we're not that good to begin with.
Deal with it, okay?

From here gfm, it only gets worse. You would be seen as openly promoting gay marriage while attacking heterosexual relationships. It's your call.

Why am I seen as "openly promoting gay marriage while attacking heterosexual relationships"?
11-11-2021 17:44
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(10385)
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:Jesus had nothing to do with science. His father who sent him wasn't based on an ideological concept involving math.

You would be seen as openly promoting gay marriage while attacking heterosexual relationships.
Why am I seen as "openly promoting gay marriage while attacking heterosexual relationships"?

Because gay marriage isn't based on an ideological concept involving math. Your view on heterosexual relationships does not allow for stratospheric formaldehyde and totally ignores the Van Allen belt.

It's pretty straightforward really.

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
11-11-2021 18:43
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(2621)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:Jesus had nothing to do with science. His father who sent him wasn't based on an ideological concept involving math.

You would be seen as openly promoting gay marriage while attacking heterosexual relationships.
Why am I seen as "openly promoting gay marriage while attacking heterosexual relationships"?

Because gay marriage isn't based on an ideological concept involving math. Your view on heterosexual relationships does not allow for stratospheric formaldehyde and totally ignores the Van Allen belt.

It's pretty straightforward really.

.

Ok, that slightly clears up this matter for me, but why no mention of the Norwegian Jet Stream?
11-11-2021 18:46
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

You deny both Jesus AND science...

How do you know what the New Testament is about if you've never read it?



Jesus had nothing to do with science. His father who sent him wasn't based on an ideological concept involving math.
For you gfm, Jesus died on the cross because we're not that good to begin with.
Deal with it, okay?

From here gfm, it only gets worse. You would be seen as openly promoting gay marriage while attacking heterosexual relationships. It's your call.

Why am I seen as "openly promoting gay marriage while attacking heterosexual relationships"?



One reason why I want to leave the US is so I can have a life. With Christian men, when they want to convert someone is that so that person could be the other woman in their life? That's basically my experience with Christians.
With women, they want another man because one isn't enough. And maybe this is because Christians aren't taught to get along with other people? I think it's funny that if I were a homosexual that Christians would fight for me but because I prefer a woman, they just can't let me have one in my life.
And with Christmas coming up, I'll be wondering if Jesus likes what his church has become. It was never meant to have authority over people.
11-11-2021 18:50
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(10385)
gfm7175 wrote:Ok, that slightly clears up this matter for me, but why no mention of the Norwegian Jet Stream?

James__ alluded to it and to its parent airline about three of my posts up. You know he wants the Norwegian Jet Stream to carry him away to where he can have a life.

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
11-11-2021 19:03
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(2621)
James___ wrote:
One reason why I want to leave the US is so I can have a life.

What are you having right now then? (if not a life)

James___ wrote:
With Christian men, when they want to convert someone is that so that person could be the other woman in their life? That's basically my experience with Christians.

Jamesbabble. Incomprehensible. Please translate to English.

James___ wrote:
With women, they want another man because one isn't enough.

Many women are quite fine with one man.

James___ wrote:
And maybe this is because Christians aren't taught to get along with other people?

I get along with other people just fine.

James___ wrote:
I think it's funny that if I were a homosexual that Christians would fight for me but because I prefer a woman, they just can't let me have one in my life.

More Jamesbabble. Please translate to English. Feel free to have a woman in your life.

James___ wrote:
And with Christmas coming up, I'll be wondering if Jesus likes what his church has become.

What do you mean by "his church"? Do you mean earthly churches (and their practices)? Do you mean "the one true church" (the bride of Jesus)? I can't answer this question until you provide further clarification as to what you are talking about.

James___ wrote:
It was never meant to have authority over people.

See above.
11-11-2021 19:32
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
One reason why I want to leave the US is so I can have a life.

What are you having right now then? (if not a life)

James___ wrote:
With Christian men, when they want to convert someone is that so that person could be the other woman in their life? That's basically my experience with Christians.

Jamesbabble. Incomprehensible. Please translate to English.

James___ wrote:
With women, they want another man because one isn't enough.

Many women are quite fine with one man.

James___ wrote:
And maybe this is because Christians aren't taught to get along with other people?

I get along with other people just fine.

James___ wrote:
I think it's funny that if I were a homosexual that Christians would fight for me but because I prefer a woman, they just can't let me have one in my life.

More Jamesbabble. Please translate to English. Feel free to have a woman in your life.

James___ wrote:
And with Christmas coming up, I'll be wondering if Jesus likes what his church has become.

What do you mean by "his church"? Do you mean earthly churches (and their practices)? Do you mean "the one true church" (the bride of Jesus)? I can't answer this question until you provide further clarification as to what you are talking about.

James___ wrote:
It was never meant to have authority over people.

See above.



What I'm having right now is not a life. I am dealing with problems that came into my as a result of Christians not wanting me to have a family. This includes Christian coworkers (married males) who got me fired because they did not want me to get to know a woman that went to the same church as I did.
To have a life I will need to move to another country. After all, would you trust people who kept you from having a family? Would you trust a healthcare system that covers up malpractice?
I think at the end of the day that disabled Veterans will thank me.

p.s., Christmas is actually about Bishop Nicholas wanting young adults to have a family. The original presents was money he gave to help make that happen. He started the tradition by doing something for others while asking for nothing in return. And what he did was in Jesus' name which is why it's called Christmas.

p.s.s., Since you won't "get it", Santa Claus is what a child says when their parents give them a Christmas present from Saint Nicholas. And so today he is known as Santa Claus.
Edited on 11-11-2021 19:38
11-11-2021 20:51
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16460)
James___ wrote:
With an element, if it's not moving, it has no velocity. Yet it has angular velocity because it's spinning in place. And it might be this angular velocity would be the v in 1/2mv^2. This would relate atomic physics with chemistry.
And when an element like oxygen hits another element or molecule, then some of its angular momentum is converted into linear momentum.


How does any element hit another element to form a molecule, if an element has no velocity?


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
11-11-2021 20:53
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16460)
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
I highly recommend everyone read the following article. You'll be absolutely convinced that I wrote it ... but I didn't. The author, Tim Black, even capitalizes "The Science" as I have done (but he does not write "The Thienth").

https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/11/04/how-the-climate-lobby-crushed-debate/

This article is an excellent overview of the state of the Climate debate and all newbies to the topic should be referred to it first as a primer.

.

My cousin likes to write it as "The Science™" ... I typically write it as "The Science".



What does Genesis 1:26-28; God instructed humans to 'rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground', and to 'fill the earth and subdue it' mean to you?
I haven't read the Bible and have no idea what something like this means.
I guess what I'm asking is what does it mean to subdue the Earth and all life that abounds within its environments/ecosystems? I'm asking for a friend of mine.

Perhaps you should read the Bible.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
11-11-2021 20:54
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16460)
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
I highly recommend everyone read the following article. You'll be absolutely convinced that I wrote it ... but I didn't. The author, Tim Black, even capitalizes "The Science" as I have done (but he does not write "The Thienth").

https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/11/04/how-the-climate-lobby-crushed-debate/

This article is an excellent overview of the state of the Climate debate and all newbies to the topic should be referred to it first as a primer.

.

My cousin likes to write it as "The Science™" ... I typically write it as "The Science".



What does Genesis 1:26-28; God instructed humans to 'rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground', and to 'fill the earth and subdue it' mean to you?
I haven't read the Bible and have no idea what something like this means.

It is explaining the purpose of man and man's unique relation to the rest of creation. Man was created as imagers of God, to have dominion over God's Earthly creation.



And yet I like science. Go figure.

You deny science.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
11-11-2021 20:56
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16460)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:Jesus had nothing to do with science.

Technically, Jesus could "deny" any science He wanted because, unlike tmiddles, Jesus had a certain level of omniscience and could make any laws of science "not apply", i.e. miracles. gfm7175, am I right? I don't want to speak for you. My comments are non-binding on this matter.

James___ wrote: His father who sent him wasn't based on an ideological concept involving math.

Isn't that because He created the ideological concepts involving math? gfm7175, am I right? I don't want to speak for you. My comments are non-binding on this matter.

James___ wrote: For you gfm, Jesus died on the cross because we're not that good to begin with.

No, just me. I'm the one that needs a crapload of help. If you were Jesus and you were committed to doing everything necessary to save me, well, you can see how that could/would end up killing you. That's why Christians generally badmouth atheists. It's my fault, or at least I'm a major contributor.

.


OR...Jesus simply understood science far better than we do, even now, and could perform what seem to be miracles to us.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
11-11-2021 20:57
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16460)
duncan61 wrote:
I have watched the alarmists move to a position where emmisions now cause climate change and the warming never gets mentioned.I enjoyed sharing this with a older chap from Cairns which I have been to and it is a tropical paradise.Dont forget you need the warming brother for all the other stuff to work?


The 'global warming' buzzword was getting long in the tooth. The 'climate change' buzzword was substituted instead. A new one is showing up lately. The 'climate crisis' buzzword.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
11-11-2021 21:41
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(2621)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:Jesus had nothing to do with science.

Technically, Jesus could "deny" any science He wanted because, unlike tmiddles, Jesus had a certain level of omniscience and could make any laws of science "not apply", i.e. miracles. gfm7175, am I right? I don't want to speak for you. My comments are non-binding on this matter.

That's one possible way to look at it... IOW, assuming that God created the heavens and the Earth (and designed Earth in a precise and orderly manner for life to thrive there), he then also possesses the ability to suspend and/or alter such conditions (which would be manifested as "miracles").

Another way to look at it, and this way would more-so be how I tend to look at it, is that "miracles" are instances of natural law coming together in specific ways that mankind lacks understanding of or has otherwise overlooked.
11-11-2021 21:51
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(2621)
James___ wrote:
What I'm having right now is not a life.

Yes it is. You are living and breathing.

James___ wrote:
I am dealing with problems that came into my as a result of Christians not wanting me to have a family. This includes Christian coworkers (married males) who got me fired because they did not want me to get to know a woman that went to the same church as I did.

Obviously, I'm only hearing one side of the story (in very vague terms, at that). Those coworkers of yours are not here to present their side of it.

James___ wrote:
To have a life I will need to move to another country.

You already have a life right here.

James___ wrote:
After all, would you trust people who kept you from having a family?

I don't understand what "keeping you from having a family" means, and those coworkers are not here to present their side of the story.

James___ wrote:
Would you trust a healthcare system that covers up malpractice?

No, and that's why I do not trust the current healthcare system of the States of America.

James___ wrote:
I think at the end of the day that disabled Veterans will thank me.

For what?

James___ wrote:
p.s., Christmas is actually about Bishop Nicholas wanting young adults to have a family. The original presents was money he gave to help make that happen. He started the tradition by doing something for others while asking for nothing in return. And what he did was in Jesus' name which is why it's called Christmas.

p.s.s., Since you won't "get it", Santa Claus is what a child says when their parents give them a Christmas present from Saint Nicholas. And so today he is known as Santa Claus.

Jamesbabble. Please translate to English.
11-11-2021 22:07
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(2621)
James___ wrote:
Has gfm been editing my posts again

No, and even if I wanted to, I don't have the capability to edit your posts.

James___ wrote:
and using me as his parrot?

???

James___ wrote:
I love Trump.

Me too. He was an outstanding President.

James___ wrote:
He has shown that immigration, both legal and illegal made America Great

Legal immigration is fine. Illegal immigration does not make anything great. It is a violation of law and of boundaries, for starters. Capitalism produces an abundance of wealth, eh? Shame we currently have Satanic ****s intentionally destroying what used to be the USA.

James___ wrote:
but not the people who were already here.

Yes, yes the people who were already here.

James___ wrote:
Why is this a recurring theme? Why is this a recurring theme? Why is this a recurring theme? Why is this a recurring theme? Why is this a recurring theme?

Because you won't shut up about it. Because you won't shut up about it. Because you won't shut up about it. Because you won't shut up about it. Because you won't shut up about it.

James___ wrote:
And if I get lucky I might be able to go back to where my Father came from. You know, Europe. Anything to make ITN happy. It's what Jesus would want me to do. gfm told me to say this. This is because Jesus wants ITN to know that he loves him


p.s., gfm, did I get that right?

You're just speaking Jamesbabble again. Feel free to go back to Europe.
11-11-2021 22:30
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
Has gfm been editing my posts again

No, and even if I wanted to, I don't have the capability to edit your posts.

James___ wrote:
and using me as his parrot?

???

James___ wrote:
I love Trump.

Me too. He was an outstanding President.

James___ wrote:
He has shown that immigration, both legal and illegal made America Great

Legal immigration is fine. Illegal immigration does not make anything great. It is a violation of law and of boundaries, for starters. Capitalism produces an abundance of wealth, eh? Shame we currently have Satanic ****s intentionally destroying what used to be the USA.

James___ wrote:
but not the people who were already here.

Yes, yes the people who were already here.

James___ wrote:
Why is this a recurring theme? Why is this a recurring theme? Why is this a recurring theme? Why is this a recurring theme? Why is this a recurring theme?

Because you won't shut up about it. Because you won't shut up about it. Because you won't shut up about it. Because you won't shut up about it. Because you won't shut up about it.

James___ wrote:
And if I get lucky I might be able to go back to where my Father came from. You know, Europe. Anything to make ITN happy. It's what Jesus would want me to do. gfm told me to say this. This is because Jesus wants ITN to know that he loves him


p.s., gfm, did I get that right?

You're just speaking Jamesbabble again. Feel free to go back to Europe.



Trump is the grandson of illegal immigrants. He shows that when people are allowed to come here their children can become rich and president. And yet he and his corporations are being investigated for criminal conduct. And you're okay with that.
Besides, once I can show that I am intelligent, then if I say I think I can create jobs, they'll probably like having me there. With your people, I need to make you feel good/superior/loved when I have my own life to live. Maybe that's why Christians don't like me? I'm willing to work for what I have. I am willing to learn and am willing to work with others. And when Christians see me doing something, they are reminded that they're doing nothing and get jealous.
It's like when Jesus said Why save up treasures for a thief? And if I work for something then how can a Christian feel blessed? They don't. Might be the real problem. Isn't it strange that a disabled Veteran is not allowed to work to change his life because of service connected disabilities or to go to a church they like?
After all, if I never said I was 1/2 Norwegian no one would know it. And it is my service connected disabilities that people discriminate against me for. After all, none of my brothers have been screwed like me and they didn't have a hearing loss like me.
Edited on 11-11-2021 22:34
12-11-2021 00:03
GasGuzzlerProfile picture★★★★★
(2182)
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
I highly recommend everyone read the following article. You'll be absolutely convinced that I wrote it ... but I didn't. The author, Tim Black, even capitalizes "The Science" as I have done (but he does not write "The Thienth").

https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/11/04/how-the-climate-lobby-crushed-debate/

This article is an excellent overview of the state of the Climate debate and all newbies to the topic should be referred to it first as a primer.

.

My cousin likes to write it as "The Science™" ... I typically write it as "The Science".



What does Genesis 1:26-28; God instructed humans to 'rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground', and to 'fill the earth and subdue it' mean to you?
I haven't read the Bible and have no idea what something like this means.

It is explaining the purpose of man and man's unique relation to the rest of creation. Man was created as imagers of God, to have dominion over God's Earthly creation.


So sorry James I'm late to this party.
The answer to your question is simple. This is God's green light for you to eat all the climate you need to. Venison good!


ANY mask is better than no mask, even if you have to resort to putting a tightly fit plastic bag over your head-COVIDEXPERTGFM

I don't have a GoFundMe, but I do have a PO Box (#666)-COVIDEXPERTGFM
Attached image:

12-11-2021 01:06
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(10385)
GasGuzzler wrote: This is God's green light for you to eat all the climate you need to. Venison good!

Mmmmmmmmm! Ivermectin-glazed venison!

.
Attached image:

12-11-2021 01:38
James___
★★★★★
(5343)
GasGuzzler wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
I highly recommend everyone read the following article. You'll be absolutely convinced that I wrote it ... but I didn't. The author, Tim Black, even capitalizes "The Science" as I have done (but he does not write "The Thienth").

https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/11/04/how-the-climate-lobby-crushed-debate/

This article is an excellent overview of the state of the Climate debate and all newbies to the topic should be referred to it first as a primer.

.

My cousin likes to write it as "The Science™" ... I typically write it as "The Science".



What does Genesis 1:26-28; God instructed humans to 'rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground', and to 'fill the earth and subdue it' mean to you?
I haven't read the Bible and have no idea what something like this means.

It is explaining the purpose of man and man's unique relation to the rest of creation. Man was created as imagers of God, to have dominion over God's Earthly creation.


So sorry James I'm late to this party.
The answer to your question is simple. This is God's green light for you to eat all the climate you need to. Venison good!



Kind of why I need surgery. It'd be nice to be able to enjoy eating something like that.
12-11-2021 02:00
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3804)
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
I highly recommend everyone read the following article. You'll be absolutely convinced that I wrote it ... but I didn't. The author, Tim Black, even capitalizes "The Science" as I have done (but he does not write "The Thienth").

https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/11/04/how-the-climate-lobby-crushed-debate/

This article is an excellent overview of the state of the Climate debate and all newbies to the topic should be referred to it first as a primer.

.

My cousin likes to write it as "The Science™" ... I typically write it as "The Science".



What does Genesis 1:26-28; God instructed humans to 'rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground', and to 'fill the earth and subdue it' mean to you?
I haven't read the Bible and have no idea what something like this means.

It is explaining the purpose of man and man's unique relation to the rest of creation. Man was created as imagers of God, to have dominion over God's Earthly creation.



And yet I like science. Go figure.

No, you deny science.



You should've said that I deny Jesus.
John 18:36;
Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place."

These words have nothing to do with physics. Physics it could be said denies Jesus. Maybe his Kingdom is of faith in his Father who sent him and had him crucified?
Again, I like science. Hopefully you notice how science is not based on faith in a God who has his son sacrificed to show his misguided beliefs in absolute power do not make right?

@Harvey55, this is why I need to quit drinking. Could you believe God sacrificed his son because of what he did to people? That is the New Testament but again, have never read the book.


I was under the impression that Jesus was God, or a piece of him anyway, to get the 'human experience'. To better interact, and educated the ignorant beasts he created. God's usual visitations, mostly just elevated those he chatted with to 'holy' status, and they tended to embellish a little, when sharing the experience. Many times, it was just dismissed as the corn whiskey talking.
12-11-2021 03:09
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(10385)
Into the Night wrote:OR...Jesus simply understood science far better than we do, even now, and could perform what seem to be miracles to us.

This was the premise of the movie "The Prince of Darkness."



Satan, who was effectively an "outlaw" escaped to earth to commit his crimes against God's children, and Jesus was sent to earth to save mankind and to apprehend Satan. The temptation in the desert was actually Satan's last stand whereby he was apprehended after 40 days of Jesus laying seige. Both Jesus and Satan had substantially higher understandings of physics than we currently possess.

Jesus imprisoned Satan in a strange type of cell that was/is not really understandable by humans (what is pictured in the image above) but is what was necessary to prevent Satan from effectively doing anything and would keep him trapped. Jesus then turned the imprisoned Satan over to a religious order of monks to "maintain" the cell. Jesus knew that the human monks of that time period could never grasp the mathematics necessary to effect needed maintenance on the cell so he taught them certain "rituals" and "incantations" that they were to perform on a regular basis that appeared to be a bunch of huey but that nonetheless maintained the cell that they didn't understand. Jesus also wrote out a tome of totally bizarre symbols and drawings that supposedly captured all the wisdom needed should they one day reach the point that they could understand it.

The movie opens with a modern day university professor explaining to a diverse group of top PhD grad students from across many different technical fields that they are being given a rare opportunity to achieve a higher level of expertise than with any other program but that they have to act now. The scene changes to that of a religious order in LA (apparently Satan's cell was transferred a lot throughout the millenia) whereby Satan's cell is deteriorating (it seems to be melting ... upward ... and forming pools on the ceiling) because recruitment for religious orders has fallen drastically and the last guy who knew the "rituals" had passed away. The monks felt that desperate times call for desperate measures and so they revealed to the professor that Satan was going to break free if the cell's climate change was not reversed.

The students get right on it and try to decipher the tome. The cryptologist discovers that the tome is full of differential equations, but the math PhD student is having great difficulty making heads or tails of any of it.

Spoiler: They don't fix the cell in time and Satan gets out, boding ill for humanity. The end.

... so yeah, that's one way to look at it.

.
Page 1 of 212>





Join the debate Climate Change Overview:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Climate overview: erratic polar vortex - cold anomalies over the US and Europe video!!!122-04-2021 20:44
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact