Remember me
▼ Content

Climate Change Is Driving Marine Species North, Changing California's Coast

Climate Change Is Driving Marine Species North, Changing California's Coast13-03-2019 03:51
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/d-brief/2019/03/12/climate-change-is-driving-marine-species-north-changing-californias-coast/#.XIhhuoUpB-k
13-03-2019 16:00
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
Climate Change drove the marine life north? You mean the fish didn't just swim themselves? Fish are certainly letting this Climate Change make them lazy.
13-03-2019 16:27
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
Climate Change drove the marine life north? You mean the fish didn't just swim themselves? Fish are certainly letting this Climate Change make them lazy.

Wow, they sure are lazy fish, by the sounds of it... It won't be any fun catching them anymore if they make it too easy on us...
13-03-2019 21:27
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
Bottlenose dolphins have a range? What about the ones in the waters of the Caribbean? What about the ones along the coasts of Mexico? What about the ones in Hawaii. Tourists go to see these creatures every day. They still ride the bow waves of boats in all these waters.

Which way would a bottlenose dolphin that frequents the waters near the equator go? North or south?

I think Eric Sanford is full of BS.

So is Discovery Magazine.
14-03-2019 01:49
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/d-brief/2019/03/12/climate-change-is-driving-marine-species-north-changing-californias-coast/#.XIhhuoUpB-k

The warmer waters around Monterey are home to sea otters. These animals need warm water and seaweed beds. The harvesting of the Sea Otters led to the dying off of much of the sea weed that were allowed to grow because the Otters keep certain kinds of shell fish in check. Some of these shell fish take up the same spots in the rocks that kelp root in and others eat various fauna that increase the health of kelp. These shell fish aren't as numerous in colder water.

So if this "record warm water" was indeed anything permenent the Sea Otters would have moved further north and they did not.
14-03-2019 03:47
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
Wake wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

The warmer waters around Monterey are home to sea otters. These animals need warm water and seaweed beds. The harvesting of the Sea Otters led to the dying off of much of the sea weed that were allowed to grow because the Otters keep certain kinds of shell fish in check. Some of these shell fish take up the same spots in the rocks that kelp root in and others eat various fauna that increase the health of kelp. These shell fish aren't as numerous in colder water.

So if this "record warm water" was indeed anything permenent the Sea Otters would have moved further north and they did not.

The water never changed in temperature outside of normal seasonal changes. What happened was just natural ecological change that occurs by living things living. There's no reason to try to force a Global Warming explanation onto everything.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist

Join the debate Climate Change Is Driving Marine Species North, Changing California's Coast:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
It is not if, but when will North become South and the Geese will fly the wrong way7824-11-2023 03:35
Training Course on climate change adaptation in a changing environment3516-06-2023 15:26
WHY DO SELF DRIVING CARS KEEP CAUSING TRAFFIC JAMS?1511-05-2023 00:20
Biden frees America hating dyke b ball player and says f-ck you to the Marine Corps410-12-2022 22:36
Idiot who followed computer GPS instructions dead after driving off collapsed bridge.009-10-2022 01:21
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact