Remember me
▼ Content

Climate Change in Wisconsin

Climate Change in Wisconsin16-12-2021 05:24
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
Unprecedented weather conditions found their way into Wisconsin today. According to a local weather report in Madison, the high temperature hit 68 degrees Fahrenheit which completely shattered the previous daily record of 52 (which occurred in 2011) and is now a record high for the whole month of December.

Don't fret though, because the local weather report immediately made sure to inform all of their anti-thinker viewers that the conditions they witnessed today are directly attributable to climate change and then provided a short blurb about Wisconsin's ever changing climate, so now I'm all pumped up to take immediate action against climate change and I will not relent until climate justice is served and we defeat global warming once and for all.
16-12-2021 07:02
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14373)
gfm7175 wrote:
Unprecedented weather conditions found their way into Wisconsin today. According to a local weather report in Madison, the high temperature hit 68 degrees Fahrenheit which completely shattered the previous daily record of 52 (which occurred in 2011) and is now a record high for the whole month of December.

Don't fret though, because the local weather report immediately made sure to inform all of their anti-thinker viewers that the conditions they witnessed today are directly attributable to climate change and then provided a short blurb about Wisconsin's ever changing climate, so now I'm all pumped up to take immediate action against climate change and I will not relent until climate justice is served and we defeat global warming once and for all.

The local weather report was totally negligent. It would appear that the true existential threat was not mentioned, probably deliberately.

What is going to kill us all is not Climate Change per se but the ever accelerating rate of Climate Change for which we are ill-prepared and unable to adapt. One we allow the heat to accelerate, there's no getting out of this frying pan.
16-12-2021 16:15
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

The local weather report was totally negligent. It would appear that the true existential threat was not mentioned, probably deliberately.

What is going to kill us all is not Climate Change per se but the ever accelerating rate of Climate Change for which we are ill-prepared and unable to adapt. One we allow the heat to accelerate, there's no getting out of this frying pan.

Oh...... now I'm super depressed... what a buzzkill... I was all ready to fight and save our planet, but now I just want to drink myself into a drunken stupor. Would you pass me that beyond edible... I mean... beyond beef burger please??
16-12-2021 17:53
(14373)
gfm7175 wrote:Oh...... now I'm super depressed...

Excellent! Remember, we're not happy until you're not happy!

gfm7175 wrote:what a buzzkill...

Well done. You are to be congratulated.

gfm7175 wrote:I was all ready to fight and save our planet, but now I just want to drink myself into a drunken stupor.

Realizing that it might already be too late is probably the biggest hurdle. Just repeat over and over in your mind:

The end draweth nigh. Nary can be done.
Rage against those who continue to have fun.

Soon you will unleash your inner superpowers that will transform you into a Climate Justice superhero and join the others on Team Raging Planet Savers.

... but you are obviously taking the correct first step. You never want to attempt to save the planet from a sober, lucid and analytical state of mind. A drunken stupor unlocks up to 87% more superpower than straight cold turkey heroism.

The IPCC recommends heavy consumption of Kentuck corn whiskey before attempting anything involving science, math, logic or economics.
Attached image:

Edited on 16-12-2021 17:54
16-12-2021 17:55
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Temperature in Eastern Iowa yesterday was a blissful 73 with dew points in the low 60s. I did not get to enjoy it though, I hid in my basement all day stricken with fear of instant incineration.

Winds were sustained from the south at 30 and gusting to 45. I can only imagine how thick with Omicron the atmosphere was, only adding to my fear of instant death.

Around 8:50 PM the storms rolled through. Forward motion of the squall line was a climate enhanced 80-90 mph! I knew I was going to die. After 5 or 10 minutes of clinging to survival, I realized I still had chance to see the next sunrise.

As the storms passed and the winds settled to 55 mph, I fell on my knees thanking and praising God for blessing us with Joe Biden. I shuddered at the thought of how much worse this day would have been if the Keystone Pipeline was still operational.

Today, all is well again. It's colder than a witch's tit in a brass bra. Praise be to Biden!
Edited on 16-12-2021 18:01
16-12-2021 18:01
(14373)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Temperature in Eastern Iowa yesterday was a blissful 73 with dew points in the low 60s. I did not get to enjoy it though, I hid in my basement all day stricken with fear of instant incineration.

Winds were sustained from the sourh at 30 and gusting to 45. I can only imagine how thick with Omicron the atmosphere was, only adding to my fear of instant death.

Around 8:50 PM the storms rolled through. Forward motion of the squall line was a climate enhanced 80-90 mph! I knew I was going to die. After 5 or 10 minutes of clinging to survival, I realized I still had chance to see the next sunrise.

As the storms passed and the winds settled to 55 mph, I fell on my knees thanking and praising God for blessing us with Joe Biden. I shuddered at the thought of how much worse this day would have been if the Keystone Pipeline was still operational.

All is well again today. It's colder than a witch's tit in a brass bra. Praise be to Biden!

Snark Trophy
Attached image:

16-12-2021 18:37
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
Soon you will unleash your inner superpowers that will transform you into a Climate Justice superhero and join the others on Team Raging Planet Savers.

I thought that the "superheroes" were all of the kids getting the COVID jab?? The TV told me that superpowers are granted to them upon jabbing.
16-12-2021 18:57
(3314)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Temperature in Eastern Iowa yesterday was a blissful 73 with dew points in the low 60s.

Your situation sounds much more dire than mine... It only reached upper 60s in my neck of the woods.

GasGuzzler wrote:
I did not get to enjoy it though, I hid in my basement all day stricken with fear of instant incineration.

Smart man!

GasGuzzler wrote:
Winds were sustained from the south at 30 and gusting to 45.

Idk what our wind speeds were, but either that or a lightning strike was enough to make one of my large pine trees snap at the base and fall over. Now there's just a pointy trunk remaining (akin to the final scene of the 2nd Conjuring movie), a slightly more damaged old already broken down building that the large fallen tree made some contact with that basically only gets used to store wood for winter heating, and a huge pine tree mess to clean up in addition to the limbing, bucking, and splitting work that I've been doing at my granny's to replenish firewood stores.

GasGuzzler wrote:
I can only imagine how thick with Omicron the atmosphere was, only adding to my fear of instant death.

Damn, now I'm REALLY REALLY scared. Thanks!

GasGuzzler wrote:

Today, all is well again. It's colder than a witch's tit in a brass bra. Praise be to Biden!

I'd also like to praise Biden for his Christmas gift of massive "transitory" inflation, which my TV tells me is a good thing.
16-12-2021 20:36
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
gfm7175 wrote:
..... either that or a lightning strike was enough to make one of my large pine trees snap at the base and fall over. Now there's just a pointy trunk remaining (akin to the final scene of the 2nd Conjuring movie), a slightly more damaged old already broken down building that the large fallen tree made some contact with that basically only gets used to store wood for winter heating, and a huge pine tree mess to clean up....

I am truly sorry to hear of the damages. However, you have brought this on yourself. Obvious to me is the fact that you have pissed off the goddess Climate, and she has rained down her anger upon you.

You are receiving punishment for your unrepentant heart and long list of carbon sins. In the rare case you don't know what's next for you, I will tell you now.

The only option is to clean and hide all evidence of Climate inflicted damage and then sell the place to the first unsuspecting fool. After loosing your best carbon sink, the runaway warming in the coming months will be akin to the gates of hell being unleashed upon all your land.

Recap nutshell.....

1. Clean
2. Sell
3. Run
4. Repent

Good luck, and don't run to Iowa. We don't need that shit here.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
16-12-2021 23:53
(14373)
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
I thought that the "superheroes" were all of the kids getting the COVID jab?? The TV told me that superpowers are granted to them upon jabbing.

No, no, no ... for the millionth time, those getting the vaccinations are the true heroes while you are a true Climate Justice superhero.

This isn't rocket science. How do you not know this? If my project works out, I'll be able to have a life despite not being a Christian immigrant.
16-12-2021 23:58
(3314)
GasGuzzler wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
..... either that or a lightning strike was enough to make one of my large pine trees snap at the base and fall over. Now there's just a pointy trunk remaining (akin to the final scene of the 2nd Conjuring movie), a slightly more damaged old already broken down building that the large fallen tree made some contact with that basically only gets used to store wood for winter heating, and a huge pine tree mess to clean up....

I am truly sorry to hear of the damages. However, you have brought this on yourself. Obvious to me is the fact that you have pissed off the goddess Climate, and she has rained down her anger upon you.

You are receiving punishment for your unrepentant heart and long list of carbon sins. In the rare case you don't know what's next for you, I will tell you now.

The only option is to clean and hide all evidence of Climate inflicted damage and then sell the place to the first unsuspecting fool. After loosing your best carbon sink, the runaway warming in the coming months will be akin to the gates of hell being unleashed upon all your land.

Recap nutshell.....

1. Clean
2. Sell
3. Run
4. Repent

Brilliant! Five Christocoins for you!

Edited on 17-12-2021 00:00
16-12-2021 23:59
(14373)
GasGuzzler wrote:Recap nutshell.....

1. Clean
2. Sell
3. Run
4. Repent

... and when the Vegan Climate Justice Posse asks you where you all should catch dinner, you tell them that you have been wanting to try that new place that opened up: Venice-N.
17-12-2021 05:12
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:Recap nutshell.....

1. Clean
2. Sell
3. Run
4. Repent

... and when the Vegan Climate Justice Posse asks you where you all should catch dinner, you tell them that you have been wanting to try that new place that opened up: Venice-N.

I don't know what Venice-N even is. Stay tuned, I'm checking with Google.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
17-12-2021 07:03
(14373)
GasGuzzler wrote:I don't know what Venice-N even is. Stay tuned, I'm checking with Google.

Be careful. Don't get it confused with that Swedish dude Sven Issen.
17-12-2021 16:39
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:I don't know what Venice-N even is. Stay tuned, I'm checking with Google.

Bravo!

18-12-2021 04:21
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
gfm7175 wrote:

This might be why it's warmer where you live. Warn air currents are being pulled north because the air (in the stratosphere) is cooler. This in in turn draws warm southern air into the northern Pacific Ocean region.

https://ozonewatch.gsfc.nasa.gov/Scripts/big_image.php?date=2021-12-11&hem=N

Might be why there were tornadoes in the Midwest in December. And to think you are a Christian. And what matters to you is you. And you are well supported here because nothing happened in Seattle, Iowa or Florida. Enjoy Christmas.
Edited on 18-12-2021 04:24
18-12-2021 04:30
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Bravo!

Bravo? You don't support what he taught. I could quote scripture to you but you would say "I am a Christian". It's sad that with Christmas so close you don't understand what he taught.
You should consider other people like those who survived tornadoes in December rather than saying "I'm a Christian". You simply don't care.
18-12-2021 09:56
(14373)
James___ wrote:Bravo? You don't support what he taught. I could quote scripture to you but you would say "I am a Christian". It's sad that with Christmas so close you don't understand what he taught.
You should consider other people like those who survived tornadoes in December rather than saying "I'm a Christian". You simply don't care.

To the contrary, most Christians faithfully observe Jesus' wishes, which didn't make the final cut for the Bible but is nonetheless what Jesus taught and falls under the category of "What Would Jesus Do?"

The teaching centers around one of Jesus' conversations with the apostles at a rather boring party when Jesus turned to his disciples and said "I really want to do something big for my birthday." Peter was quick to agree and recommended something with a tree so it wouldn't appear so "desert-ish." It was Judas who initially floated the idea of everyone getting gifts instead of just the birthday boy, and others proposed maybe working it into a "Secret Santa" format. Paul wanted Jesus to just make all the wine for the shin-dig but Jesus shot that idea down citing that miracle's reserved nature for weddings.

All in all, Christians do a pretty good job of maintaining the tradition. I don't know what you're missing exactly.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
18-12-2021 16:15
(3314)
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

This might be why it's warmer where you live. Warn air currents are being pulled north because the air (in the stratosphere) is cooler. This in in turn draws warm southern air into the northern Pacific Ocean region.

https://ozonewatch.gsfc.nasa.gov/Scripts/big_image.php?date=2021-12-11&hem=N

Might be why there were tornadoes in the Midwest in December. And to think you are a Christian. And what matters to you is you. And you are well supported here because nothing happened in Seattle, Iowa or Florida. Enjoy Christmas.

Tornadoes in Wisconsin in December happen from time to time.
18-12-2021 16:26
(3314)
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Bravo!

Bravo? You don't support what he taught. I could quote scripture to you but you would say "I am a Christian". It's sad that with Christmas so close you don't understand what he taught.

Bravo! You don't know what he taught. I could quote scripture to you but you would say "I am a Jamesbabbler". It's sad that with Christmas so close you don't understand English. You should consider other people like those who learned English rather than saying "I am a Jamesbabbler". You simply remain illiterate.
18-12-2021 18:19
(14373)
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote: Bravo? You don't support what he taught. I could quote scripture to you but you would say "I am a Christian". It's sad that with Christmas so close you don't understand what he taught.

Bravo! You don't know what he taught. I could quote scripture to you but you would say "I am a Jamesbabbler". It's sad that with Christmas so close you don't understand English. You should consider other people like those who learned English rather than saying "I am a Jamesbabbler". You simply remain illiterate.

gfm7175, your level of snark has grown immensely. I have foreseen it. Your faith in the snark side of the Force has given you great power ... but you are not a Jedi yet.

... or maybe you are. Well done.

21-12-2021 17:20
(14373)
It is now official. Safemoon, as it was, has been discarded/abandoned. The new V2 has eliminated three zeroes, meaning once Xadoman gets FLEECED converting his tokens, he will no longer have one billion worthless tokens. He'll only have one million of the worthless new tokens.

Please see the attached watchlist below. Look at the new V2 Safemoon at the bottom of the list. The 1K token merge just happened, which is why the all-time-low (ATL) still has the five zeroes. Also notice that the previous Safemoon has been abandoned and is effectively "delisted" although it is still there to allow HODLers a grace period to be fleeced, I mean to convert their tokens.
Attached image:

21-12-2021 19:09
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
It is now official. Safemoon, as it was, has been discarded/abandoned. The new V2 has eliminated three zeroes, meaning once Xadoman gets FLEECED converting his tokens, he will no longer have one billion worthless tokens. He'll only have one million of the worthless new tokens.

Please see the attached watchlist below. Look at the new V2 Safemoon at the bottom of the list. The 1K token merge just happened, which is why the all-time-low (ATL) still has the five zeroes. Also notice that the previous Safemoon has been abandoned and is effectively "delisted" although it is still there to allow HODLers a grace period to be fleeced, I mean to convert their tokens.

Oh wow... not looking good for Safemoon HODLers... I think you meant this for your crypto climate thread rather than my Climate Change in Wisconsin thread though. Whoops.
21-12-2021 19:39
(14373)
gfm7175 wrote:I think you meant this for your crypto climate thread rather than my Climate Change in Wisconsin thread though. Whoops.

Was I mistaken in presuming there is Safemoon in Wisconsin?
21-12-2021 19:49
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:I think you meant this for your crypto climate thread rather than my Climate Change in Wisconsin thread though. Whoops.

Was I mistaken in presuming there is Safemoon in Wisconsin?

Completely mistaken. No Safemoon here.

Only guns, bows/crossbows, venison, beef, farms (and the associated animals and crops), beer, cheese, unincorporated communities consisting of multiple bars and a church or two, and cheeseheads.
Edited on 21-12-2021 19:53
21-12-2021 19:57
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
gfm7175 wrote:

It works quite simple.If it is a little warmer than usual it is manmade climate change and if it is cooler than usual it is weather.Apparently it snowed in Fiji on the mountains.Thats fine.You are now a climate champion and women will want you and men will want to be you.Well done

duncan61
21-12-2021 21:06
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Bravo!

Ephesians 5:4; Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving.

How would you consider your post? Or did I post more "jamesbabble"? It's basically people like you who got me to quit going to church.

Of course, I could say that you are attacking me because I am a disabled Veteran who is handicapped;
Proverbs 17:5; Whoever mocks the poor insults his Maker; he who is glad at calamity will not go unpunished.

And what did Jesus say to the paralytic? This is because I have a disability that prevents me from being able to work, I have asked a German Rock band to consider this;
Luke 5:18 Some men came carrying a paralyzed man on a mat and tried to take him into the house to lay him before Jesus. 19 When they could not find a way to do this because of the crowd, they went up on the roof and lowered him on his mat through the tiles into the middle of the crowd, right in front of Jesus.

20 When Jesus saw their faith, he said, "Friend, your sins are forgiven."

The German Rock band would be helping Christians to remember that Jesus said that it is okay to have a life. Of course there is more than just this but for now this will do.
Edited on 21-12-2021 21:08
21-12-2021 21:12
(3314)
duncan61 wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

It works quite simple.

Indeed it does.

duncan61 wrote:
If it is a little warmer than usual it is manmade climate change

Correct.

duncan61 wrote:
and if it is cooler than usual it is weather.

Nope. It is also manmade climate change.

That's why that particular terminology is used (so that it can be applied to any sort of "unprecedented" or "abnormal" weather event).

duncan61 wrote:
Apparently it snowed in Fiji on the mountains.

... and that's due to manmade climate change.

duncan61 wrote:
Thats fine.

No, it's not. We are all going to die. Scratch that... We are all dying right now. People are even being diagnosed with climate change as we speak (yes, climate change is now a disease).

duncan61 wrote:
You are now a climate champion and women will want you and men will want to be you.Well done

It's too late. We are all dying as I type this response to you. If climate change (the event) doesn't kill us, then climate change (the disease) most certainly will. We are all fugged.
22-12-2021 00:37
(14373)
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:Was I mistaken in presuming there is Safemoon in Wisconsin?

Aaahh yes, now I remember, Wisconsin opted out of becoming a DeFi state under the Binance Smartcontract. Thanks for the refresher.

gfm7175 wrote:Only guns, bows/crossbows, Sven Issen, beef, farms (and the associated animals and crops), beer, cheese, unincorporated communities consisting of multiple bars and a church or two, and cheeseheads.

... and gluten. And tell Sven that he needs to rush back here and start cooking supper.
22-12-2021 16:44
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:Was I mistaken in presuming there is Safemoon in Wisconsin?

Aaahh yes, now I remember, Wisconsin opted out of becoming a DeFi state under the Binance Smartcontract. Thanks for the refresher.

gfm7175 wrote:Only guns, bows/crossbows, Sven Issen, beef, farms (and the associated animals and crops), beer, cheese, unincorporated communities consisting of multiple bars and a church or two, and cheeseheads.

... and gluten. And tell Sven that he needs to rush back here and start cooking supper.

Sven is the bestest!

Join the debate Climate Change in Wisconsin:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Ultra Vires - Latin for "Wisconsin will Flip for Trump"5611-12-2020 23:06
Wisconsin DNR secretary: Climate change an environmental justice issue124-04-2019 23:34
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact