Remember me
▼ Content

Climate Change in Canada

Climate Change in Canada11-03-2020 08:24
allecnarf
☆☆☆☆☆
(5)
I have long had my doubts about the connection between CO2 and climate change, but it wasn't until climate alarmists convinced some of our bureaucrats that we had to prepare for the worst that I decided to find out if there was any evidence to verify these predictions. To accomplish that I needed to examine data that had not been massaged, and I found that with Environment Canada. To see what the effect was, I took the the 20 year hourly temperature data for various locations in Canada and plotted them along with the best bit trend line. A sample is attached, and the full plots by province is available here. http://www.yellowhead.com/CA_Mean.htm

J.A. Coutts
Attached image:

11-03-2020 08:48
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
allecnarf wrote:
I have long had my doubts...

allecnart to make a link there is a "url" button. Here's your link:
http://www.yellowhead.com/CA_Mean.htm

It seems to match what I found here:
https://ottawa.weatherstats.ca/charts/temperature-wyearly.html

So if the theory is that they are changing numbers that should be pretty easy to expose right?
11-03-2020 17:07
allecnarf
☆☆☆☆☆
(5)
There is a difference in trying to calculate a mean for a whole country and just one weather station. To calculate the mean for a whole country you have to use data that is representative of the entire country, and that requires some kind of weighted averaging. We cannot tell if organizations like NOAA has done this correctly or not. I simply plotted the averages for a number of locations in Canada to try and verify the predictions that have been made. If you take all the charts I produced in total, it would appear that in the past 20 years, there is no warming trend in populated Canada at all. You could even say that it appears to be cooling off.

J.A. Coutts
Edited on 11-03-2020 17:17
11-03-2020 20:08
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
allecnarf wrote:
I have long had my doubts about the connection between CO2 and climate change, but it wasn't until climate alarmists convinced some of our bureaucrats that we had to prepare for the worst that I decided to find out if there was any evidence to verify these predictions. To accomplish that I needed to examine data that had not been massaged, and I found that with Environment Canada. To see what the effect was, I took the the 20 year hourly temperature data for various locations in Canada and plotted them along with the best bit trend line. A sample is attached, and the full plots by province is available here. http://www.yellowhead.com/CA_Mean.htm

J.A. Coutts

There used to be individual station logs like this in the United States too (they indicated the same kind of thing), until NOAA took then offline so they could push their 'composite' fake data without trying to massage and control each station log.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
11-03-2020 20:09
(21599)
tmiddles wrote:
allecnarf wrote:
I have long had my doubts...

allecnart to make a link there is a "url" button. Here's your link:
http://www.yellowhead.com/CA_Mean.htm

It seems to match what I found here:
https://ottawa.weatherstats.ca/charts/temperature-wyearly.html

So if the theory is that they are changing numbers that should be pretty easy to expose right?

Yup. And NOAA has been exposed already.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
11-03-2020 20:10
(21599)
allecnarf wrote:
There is a difference in trying to calculate a mean for a whole country and just one weather station. To calculate the mean for a whole country you have to use data that is representative of the entire country, and that requires some kind of weighted averaging. We cannot tell if organizations like NOAA has done this correctly or not. I simply plotted the averages for a number of locations in Canada to try and verify the predictions that have been made. If you take all the charts I produced in total, it would appear that in the past 20 years, there is no warming trend in populated Canada at all. You could even say that it appears to be cooling off.

J.A. Coutts

You cannot use weighted averaging in statistical math. You MUST use the raw data. That data must also be available. Attempting to cook the numbers in any way invalidates the 'data' for use in statistical math.

The Parrot Killer

11-03-2020 20:14
allecnarf
☆☆☆☆☆
(5)
I should also point out that trending other data such as the maximum daily temperature does not correlate with the hourly mean. I did observe that there appeared to be an upward trend in temperature extremes, both hot and cold. There also appeared to be a very strong upward warming trend in the Western Canadian Arctic.

J.A. Coutts

Join the debate Climate Change in Canada:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Paul Pelosi's butt buddy to be deported back to Canada when released from custody.817-04-2023 13:57
Canada's climate change sideshow029-04-2019 18:47
'100-year floods' are increasing in Canada due to climate change, officials say — is this t327-04-2019 22:56
Why isn't the Bank of Canada talking about climate change?027-03-2019 15:46
So what if Canada abolishes its auto industry? Canada has 30 million people. India + China + Bangladesh +516-03-2019 22:19
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact