Remember me
▼ Content

Climate Change

Climate Change26-03-2018 16:41
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
..The attached image (if it attaches) if not then this Holy Link (https://goo.gl/images/5GN2EX) shows that about every 100,000 years we have an ice age. The graph also shows that at about 250,000 years ago it didn't quite get cold enough to have one. After that cool period the warming was minimal.
..But after accepted ice ages the warming has been greater than what we've experienced to date. Yet ITN will say "Church of Global warming" while Wake says there is no climate change.
..The debate over climate change is whether or not we are influencing natural climate change. Since I am an environmentalist I think we shoud be taking care of our planet anyway.
..I once mentioned that in the early 1990's that Billy Joel performed a concert at the Tacoma Dome in Tacoma, Wa. He asked the audience not to let happen to the Pacific Northwest what happened to the East River in new York city. ITN said that entertainers should keep their mouths shut because people can swim in the East River today. They can because the river was cleaned up. It shows we can improve our environment and still maintain an economy.
..Yet i don't understand there perspective of we don't care and we'll attack anyone who does. Just plain ignorance.
And if we accept less ice as meaning a warmer planet then we've still got some warming to do. This is where we do not know how the composition of our atmosphere effects atmospheric temperature. Wake and ITN will claim that energy cannot be conserved while that is a basic principle of physics.
Attached image:

Edited on 26-03-2018 16:46
26-03-2018 20:41
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
James - I do not say "there is no climate change". I say that since this is a normal cycle of climate you can hardly refer to it as climate change in the manner that infers that there is anything unusual about it. There is no MAN-MADE climate change.

Environmentalism is all well and fine but would you suggest that the Indian Government force a third of a billion people to stop using outhouses because the run-off pollutes the Ganges River? These are people having large problems feeding themselves let alone building sewage treatment plants fast enough to keep up with the better off part of the population.

There is a level of practicality that shows that MOST of the environmentalists do not understand the problems facing the world let alone caring about them.

And you might consider that since there is a large portion of carbon dust being emitted in the upper atmosphere we might just as well be affecting the Earth in the opposite direction of all the nut jobs claims.

Furthermore, past geologic records can distort the time of these occurrences.

I really haven't any clue why you continue along some sort of path in where it someone doesn't agree with you they are insulting you.
26-03-2018 22:01
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Wake,
We all can't be smart like you. I`m still trying to learn the difference between Norwegian and Yiddish. Have nothing to say to you.
Since you're Jewish and ITN is married to a Jew, are you his wife ?
Edited on 26-03-2018 22:38
26-03-2018 23:14
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21596)
James___ wrote:
...deleted Holy Link and redundancy.....But after accepted ice ages the warming has been greater than what we've experienced to date. Yet ITN will say "Church of Global warming" while Wake says there is no climate change.

Stuff from the Orbital Mind Control Lasers again?
Wake claims there is 'climate change'. I call it a buzzword. It has no meaning outside itself.
James___ wrote:
..The debate over climate change is whether or not we are influencing natural climate change.

Does the Earth's temperature change? Most certainly. That is not climate. That is temperature. The output of the Sun has variations. The orbit of Earth has variations. The temperature of the Earth is determine by how much solar radiance is absorbed by the Earth. That is the only factor.
[quote]James___ wrote:
Since I am an environmentalist I think we shoud be taking care of our planet anyway.

Bull. You just want to sit in your chair and whine about it. People like me go out and clean up things like Puget Sound and Lake Washington.
James___ wrote:
..I once mentioned that in the early 1990's that Billy Joel performed a concert at the Tacoma Dome in Tacoma, Wa. He asked the audience not to let happen to the Pacific Northwest what happened to the East River in new York city.

I would have walked out and demanded my money back. It's too bad. I like his music.
James___ wrote:
ITN said that entertainers should keep their mouths shut because people can swim in the East River today.

No, it's because I paid him to entertain, not stand up there and use the stage as a political soapbox.
James___ wrote:
They can because the river was cleaned up. It shows we can improve our environment and still maintain an economy.

Of course we can. Good ole' capitalism strikes again! Good productive people clean up things like the East River, Puget Sound, Lake Washington, the Great Lakes, etc. while YOU sit in your chair and whine about it.
James___ wrote:
..Yet i don't understand there perspective of we don't care and we'll attack anyone who does.
You don't care. You just whine about it and take credit for the work of others.
James___ wrote:
Just plain ignorance.

Nope. Just plain arrogance.
James___ wrote:
And if we accept less ice as meaning a warmer planet then we've still got some warming to do.

How do you figure?
James___ wrote:
This is where we do not know how the composition of our atmosphere effects atmospheric temperature.

It doesn't.
James___ wrote:
Wake and ITN will claim that energy cannot be conserved

WRONG. Neither of us have said that. Detune your mine from the Orbital Mind Control Lasers.
James___ wrote:
while that is a basic principle of physics.

Which I have pointed out many times to you.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
26-03-2018 23:19
(21596)
Wake wrote:
James - I do not say "there is no climate change". I say that since this is a normal cycle of climate you can hardly refer to it as climate change in the manner that infers that there is anything unusual about it. There is no MAN-MADE climate change.

Environmentalism is all well and fine but would you suggest that the Indian Government force a third of a billion people to stop using outhouses because the run-off pollutes the Ganges River? These are people having large problems feeding themselves let alone building sewage treatment plants fast enough to keep up with the better off part of the population.

There is a level of practicality that shows that MOST of the environmentalists do not understand the problems facing the world let alone caring about them.

And you might consider that since there is a large portion of carbon dust being emitted in the upper atmosphere we might just as well be affecting the Earth in the opposite direction of all the nut jobs claims.

Furthermore, past geologic records can distort the time of these occurrences.

I really haven't any clue why you continue along some sort of path in where it someone doesn't agree with you they are insulting you.

What carbon dust?

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
26-03-2018 23:22
(21596)
James___ wrote:
Wake,
We all can't be smart like you. I`m still trying to learn the difference between Norwegian and Yiddish.
They are two different languages. Done.
James___ wrote:
Have nothing to say to you.

Then why are you saying it?
James___ wrote:
Since you're Jewish and ITN is married to a Jew, are you his wife ?

To Wake: I think the Orbital Mind Control Lasers fried his brain.

The Parrot Killer

27-03-2018 05:09
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:

James___ wrote:

..ITN,
. Both you and Wake repeatedly claim that energy cannot be conserved. That is one consideration in "can heat be trapped in our atmosphere ?". You both claim it's not possible yet can't explain what causes an ice age. What happens when our atmosphere is not warm.
. And when Wake said he was Jewish and that Norwegians were ignorant because they did not know the difference between Norwegian and Yiddish, you then posted that you were married to a Jewish woman and you both used copying and pasting facts about what is Yiddish and facts of the Jewish people to show that Norwegians are in fact ignorant.

Bye
27-03-2018 09:44
(21596)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

James___ wrote:

..ITN,
. Both you and Wake repeatedly claim that energy cannot be conserved.

Never have.
James___ wrote:
That is one consideration in "can heat be trapped in our atmosphere ?".

You cannot slow or trap heat.
James___ wrote:
You both claim it's not possible yet can't explain what causes an ice age.

Ice ages occur because the Earth is absorbing less energy from the Sun due to its distance from it.
James___ wrote:
What happens when our atmosphere is not warm.

Not slow or trapped heat.
James___ wrote:
. And when Wake said he was Jewish and that Norwegians were ignorant because they did not know the difference between Norwegian and Yiddish, you then posted that you were married to a Jewish woman and you both used copying and pasting facts about what is Yiddish and facts of the Jewish people to show that Norwegians are in fact ignorant.

You really believe there's a conspiracy out to get you, don't you? The Orbital Mind Control Lasers did a good job on you.
James___ wrote:
Bye

Again?

The Parrot Killer

27-03-2018 20:05
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

James___ wrote:
..ITN,
Into the Night wrote:
Never have.

James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

..the definition of a circular argument.
27-03-2018 20:18
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
James___ wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

James___ wrote:
..ITN,
Into the Night wrote:
Never have.

James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

How in hell do you define a circular argument? I have nightmare on ignore so I don't see his arguments and you make only partial quotes.

But I have never said that energy isn't conserved and I have never said that there isn't a way of slowing the egress of energy and in fact explained how radiated energy is converted to mechanical energy in the atmosphere and hence the only egress for this is via conduction in the troposphere.

I have also explained how that is then converted back into radiated energy in the stratosphere and showed the atmospheric temperature profiles which prove my thesis.

And I have proven that CO2 is having NO effect with its increase of 30% in the last 100 years by those same tropospheric temperature profiles which have remained unchanged over the period of measurements which is most of that 100 years.
27-03-2018 21:38
(21596)
James___ wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

James___ wrote:
..ITN,
Into the Night wrote:
Never have.

James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Nope. Not circular at all.

The Parrot Killer

27-03-2018 21:46
(21596)
Wake wrote:
James___ wrote:
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

James___ wrote:
..ITN,
Into the Night wrote:
Never have.

James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

How in hell do you define a circular argument?

Beats me. I would say he's using it as a buzzword. He doesn't know what a circular argument even is.
Wake wrote:
I have nightmare on ignore so I don't see his arguments and you make only partial quotes.

Your attempt to isolate yourself in the kiddie pool is laughable.
Wake wrote:
But I have never said that energy isn't conserved
True. I really have no idea where he gets that from.
Wake wrote:
and I have never said that there isn't a way of slowing the egress of energy and in fact explained how radiated energy is converted to mechanical energy in the atmosphere and hence the only egress for this is via conduction in the troposphere.

It is not the only egress. Most radiance into space comes directly from the surface.
Wake wrote:
I have also explained how that is then converted back into radiated energy in the stratosphere and showed the atmospheric temperature profiles which prove my thesis.

Not what causes the temperature inversion in the stratosphere. See the Chapman cycle.
Wake wrote:
And I have proven that CO2 is having NO effect with its increase of 30% in the last 100 years by those same tropospheric temperature profiles which have remained unchanged over the period of measurements which is most of that 100 years.

The temperature profile in a column of air in the troposphere is dependent on the weather at the time. All of them are different.

The Parrot Killer

Join the debate Climate Change:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact