Remember me
▼ Content

Climate Change causes flooding in Orlando, damages cars.

Climate Change causes flooding in Orlando, damages cars.11-07-2019 05:32
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
https://www.wftv.com/news/local/seaworld-guests-seek-answers-after-rain-floods-parking-lot-damages-vehicles/965407062

Catchy titles, infectious... Anyway, there were no unusual weather events, although there have been rumors of something developing in the gulf. Judging from the cautious hype, guessing maybe a tropical depression, at best. Which means some wet weather for a few days.

The rainfall that flooded SeaWorld's parking lot, well, actually, just a small section, was probably do to them not cleaning out the storm drainage. Not sure what system they use for their parking, probably underground though. Haven't been getting frequent, all day rain, just the afternoon/evening torrential rain, that lasts 30-40 minutes. If it was above ground, running off into a ditch/retention pond, there shouldn't have been a problem.

Not sure about how much damage was actually done to the cars, most could probably be dried and cleaned. But then again, some people think the carpeting is ruinid, when they get a dirty foot print...
11-07-2019 18:53
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21596)
The flooded lot is surface parking. It drains into a nearby retention pond, but the pond is on the other side of a road, so the drain has to go through a culvert. The culvert was blocked. You have it dead right.
11-07-2019 18:57
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14401)
Into the Night wrote: The flooded lot is surface parking. It drains into a nearby retention pond, but the pond is on the other side of a road, so the drain has to go through a culvert. The culvert was blocked. You have it dead right.

Doesn't the lack of culvert cleaning fall under "human activities"? It's man-made climate change, pure and simple.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
11-07-2019 19:19
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21596)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote: The flooded lot is surface parking. It drains into a nearby retention pond, but the pond is on the other side of a road, so the drain has to go through a culvert. The culvert was blocked. You have it dead right.

Doesn't the lack of culvert cleaning fall under "human activities"? It's man-made climate change, pure and simple.

It's certainly a man-made flood. Is a flood 'climate change'? Is a burst pipe under your sink 'climate change'? What about just turning on the faucet and filling your sink?

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
11-07-2019 20:05
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14401)
Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

It's certainly a man-made flood. Is a flood 'climate change'? Is a burst pipe under your sink 'climate change'? What about just turning on the faucet and filling your sink?

All of it is clearly Climate Change ... depending on how you don't define it, that is.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist

Join the debate Climate Change causes flooding in Orlando, damages cars.:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
EV Muscle Cars?4116-08-2023 15:00
WHY DO SELF DRIVING CARS KEEP CAUSING TRAFFIC JAMS?1511-05-2023 00:20
Tesla recalls nearly 54,000 cars because self-driving software runs stop signs606-02-2022 02:00
Electric cars...1714-01-2021 20:47
Electric cars vs ICE cars2215-05-2020 23:22
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact