Remember me
▼ Content

Climate Change caused Covid-19?



Page 1 of 4123>>>
Climate Change caused Covid-19?09-04-2020 05:23
HarveyH55
★★★★☆
(1953)
It's really odd that Climatologist aren't jumping on this global catastrophe. Although showing some restraint, even the democrats or leveraging some political use of the pandemics path of death, and economic destruction. Every year, we have hurricanes, nothing new, and the destruction is pretty much the same, just different hosts. Some, better prepared than others.

Certainly, the warmer climate, must have had some impact on the Wuhan bat. The Chinese have been enjoying their traditional Wuhan Bat soup, for literally centuries. Something had to foul up a perfectly appetizing staple.

Maybe they are waiting until it blows over, make it look like they studied this crisis thoroughly, before attempting to sell it as a sign of the apocalypse. Why let all this fear and despair go to waste? Seems to perfectly fit the agenda, and as we are rebuilding our lives, our economies, wouldn't be a perfect time to push some 'green' jobs opportunities. Millions of people out of work, many millions more too far and debt, and spent savings, won't be much demand for goods and services, other than what the government is willing to pick up the tab for. Where's my $1,200? I need a new set of tires, before the rainy season...
09-04-2020 07:00
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(2934)
HarveyH55 wrote:....Wuhan Bat soup, ...


Do you really not take this seriously?

If you think it's hoax you should be outraged that the global economy has suffered for nothing.
09-04-2020 07:10
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
He just wants as many people to die as possible as is doing everything in his power to make that happen, by spreading disinformation on the Internet.


IBdaMann wrote:
"Air" is not a body in and of itself. Ergo it is not a blackbody.


Planck's law describes the spectral density of electromagnetic radiation emitted by a black body in thermal equilibrium at a given temperature T.
09-04-2020 07:21
HarveyH55
★★★★☆
(1953)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:....Wuhan Bat soup, ...


Do you really not take this seriously?

If you think it's hoax you should be outraged that the global economy has suffered for nothing.


That's the second time you accused me of think it's a hoax. Why do you keep pushing a lie? It's not a plague virus, in which anyone infected, has a slim chance of surviving. Less than 20% of the people infected, and testing positive, actually need hospitalization. It doesn't scare me to death, and should be scaring the vast majority of the population. We have no choice about the economy, or staying at home, right now. What good would it do to worry, we have no control over any of it.

You can worry, panic, piss and complain, fear for your life, it's your life. I don't feel threaten by any of it, I'll get through it just fine. Been through rough times, can get by on little to nothing, if I have to, very resourceful and creative. I have every confidence I'll live through this, and survive the economic impact. I don't worry about, and will figure it out, as needed.
09-04-2020 07:22
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(2934)
spot wrote:
He just wants as many people to die as possible as is doing everything in his power to make that happen, by spreading disinformation on the Internet.


Yeah it's pretty disturbing to be honest.

It's very much like insisting a building is not on fire when it is.

IBD has mentioned he considers INFOWARS to be a reputable source, link, so all bets are off with this gang.

ITN seems to thing McVey was justified in blowing up the federal building, link: "An abusive federal government was...".

But what amazes me is the ability to look right at something and deny it exists. It's like a magritte painting without of the beauty or the humor.

This is not a pipe.


This is not a crisis.


"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is valid for IBD or ITN
Edited on 09-04-2020 07:29
09-04-2020 16:18
James___
★★★★★
(2636)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Where's my $1,200? I need a new set of tires, before the rainy season...


Within the next 2 weeks you should have it.


HarveyH55 wrote:
The Chinese have been enjoying their traditional Wuhan Bat soup, for literally centuries.


Why do they say too cook chicken until it's 165º F. inside of the chicken as measured by a thermometer? To kill disease.

Do you know what the difference between RNA and DNA is in a virus? If so then you could consider the answer to your own question.
And as you say, you are against preventative measures because those are all about getting your tax dollars like this bailout is doing.
And now we're back to why didn't doctors tell people to use preventative measures when they are around those who are most at risk of developing a severe case of Covid 19? As you say, why should people have to understand when something is a threat? This is not the same as climate change. They are 2 different things but if something isn't proven to you, why should you care? Too many people are that way. So things have to be done as expensively as possible.
And what everyone badly misses Harvey is that innovation is supposed to create opportunities and jobs. But people like you don't know how a capitalist economy works except for buying Made In China because capitalism is exploitation.

You use climate change as a crutch for all of your arguments. You're just like those who say the world is going to end because it's getting warmer. It's sad that most people can't read a graph.
This is where the debate over climate change doesn't allow for threat assessment and what actions need to be taken over time to minimize other threats.
Attached image:

09-04-2020 16:29
gfm7175Profile picture★★★☆☆
(670)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:....Wuhan Bat soup, ...


Do you really not take this seriously?

If you think it's hoax you should be outraged that the global economy has suffered for nothing.

Yes, the global economy has unnecessarily suffered over a mild flu virus.
Edited on 09-04-2020 17:01
09-04-2020 16:30
gfm7175Profile picture★★★☆☆
(670)
spot wrote:
He just wants as many people to die as possible as is doing everything in his power to make that happen, by spreading disinformation on the Internet.

Meh... You seem to have that pretty well covered already.
09-04-2020 16:58
gfm7175Profile picture★★★☆☆
(670)
tmiddles wrote:
spot wrote:
He just wants as many people to die as possible as is doing everything in his power to make that happen, by spreading disinformation on the Internet.


Yeah it's pretty disturbing to be honest.

It's very much like insisting a building is not on fire when it is.

IBD has mentioned he considers INFOWARS to be a reputable source, link, so all bets are off with this gang.

I am very familiar with this discussion and IBD said no such thing. Talk about "spreading disinformation on the internet"...

You mentioned that the right wing should start up a news site. IBD responded by listing several examples, Infowars being one such example. He never said that he considered it to be a reputable source. You're just adding that little tidbit and falsely attributing it to him. Liar.

tmiddles wrote:
ITN seems to thing McVey was justified in blowing up the federal building, link: "An abusive federal government was...".

I wasn't involved in this discussion. I wouldn't be surprised if you are lying about this as well.

tmiddles wrote:
But what amazes me is the ability to look right at something and deny it exists.

You don't understand what reality is, do you? ...

tmiddles wrote:
It's like a magritte painting without of the beauty or the humor.

This is not a pipe.

It is a pipe, by definition. There are numerous different types of pipes.

tmiddles wrote:
This is not a crisis.

Not a crisis. Looks very well under control to me.
09-04-2020 21:30
HarveyH55
★★★★☆
(1953)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Where's my $1,200? I need a new set of tires, before the rainy season...


Within the next 2 weeks you should have it.


HarveyH55 wrote:
The Chinese have been enjoying their traditional Wuhan Bat soup, for literally centuries.


Why do they say too cook chicken until it's 165º F. inside of the chicken as measured by a thermometer? To kill disease.

Do you know what the difference between RNA and DNA is in a virus? If so then you could consider the answer to your own question.
And as you say, you are against preventative measures because those are all about getting your tax dollars like this bailout is doing.
And now we're back to why didn't doctors tell people to use preventative measures when they are around those who are most at risk of developing a severe case of Covid 19? As you say, why should people have to understand when something is a threat? This is not the same as climate change. They are 2 different things but if something isn't proven to you, why should you care? Too many people are that way. So things have to be done as expensively as possible.
And what everyone badly misses Harvey is that innovation is supposed to create opportunities and jobs. But people like you don't know how a capitalist economy works except for buying Made In China because capitalism is exploitation.

You use climate change as a crutch for all of your arguments. You're just like those who say the world is going to end because it's getting warmer. It's sad that most people can't read a graph.
This is where the debate over climate change doesn't allow for threat assessment and what actions need to be taken over time to minimize other threats.


Graph doesn't look much like a Hockey-stick... Are you sure that's an official global warming graph? You know that those 'deniers' put up 'fake' charts and graphs all the time. Sometimes the put up photoshopped satellite images of Norway covered in ice. Obviously, all that ice melted last summer.

How come there is only one ozone hole, at it stays at the south pole? Is it the powerful Norwegian Jetstream?

Well, enough insane wandering away from the topic at hand...

Why hasn't the IPCC seize this glorious crisis, and used the panic an fear, to further 'greening' efforts, so vitally important to our salvation? Obviously, the virus is going to hurt their funding quite a bit. Might be years, before they can con countries into paying the generously again. It would make sense to try and stay important enough to be throw pocket change, at the very least.
09-04-2020 21:52
James___
★★★★★
(2636)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Where's my $1,200? I need a new set of tires, before the rainy season...


Within the next 2 weeks you should have it.


HarveyH55 wrote:
The Chinese have been enjoying their traditional Wuhan Bat soup, for literally centuries.


Why do they say too cook chicken until it's 165º F. inside of the chicken as measured by a thermometer? To kill disease.

Do you know what the difference between RNA and DNA is in a virus? If so then you could consider the answer to your own question.
And as you say, you are against preventative measures because those are all about getting your tax dollars like this bailout is doing.
And now we're back to why didn't doctors tell people to use preventative measures when they are around those who are most at risk of developing a severe case of Covid 19? As you say, why should people have to understand when something is a threat? This is not the same as climate change. They are 2 different things but if something isn't proven to you, why should you care? Too many people are that way. So things have to be done as expensively as possible.
And what everyone badly misses Harvey is that innovation is supposed to create opportunities and jobs. But people like you don't know how a capitalist economy works except for buying Made In China because capitalism is exploitation.

You use climate change as a crutch for all of your arguments. You're just like those who say the world is going to end because it's getting warmer. It's sad that most people can't read a graph.
This is where the debate over climate change doesn't allow for threat assessment and what actions need to be taken over time to minimize other threats.


Graph doesn't look much like a Hockey-stick... Are you sure that's an official global warming graph? You know that those 'deniers' put up 'fake' charts and graphs all the time. Sometimes the put up photoshopped satellite images of Norway covered in ice. Obviously, all that ice melted last summer.

How come there is only one ozone hole, at it stays at the south pole? Is it the powerful Norwegian Jetstream?

Well, enough insane wandering away from the topic at hand...

Why hasn't the IPCC seize this glorious crisis, and used the panic an fear, to further 'greening' efforts, so vitally important to our salvation? Obviously, the virus is going to hurt their funding quite a bit. Might be years, before they can con countries into paying the generously again. It would make sense to try and stay important enough to be throw pocket change, at the very least.



Harvey, I promote the concept that capitalism will prevail. How can we create value in reducing CO2 levels while increasing the total columnar value of ozone?
That basic idea is what gives capitalism it's value. It allows for a solution that encourages economic growth. It's basically an investment in the economy. Kind of why an economy grows. People invest in it.
And for your kind Harvey, the government isn't necessary. Even Mexico has a government like ours.
Edited on 09-04-2020 21:59
11-04-2020 02:06
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(2934)
gfm7175 wrote:...a mild flu virus.
You have looked at something and determined to use the word "mild" to describe Covid-19. What is that conclusion based on? Why do you believe that?

gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
IBD has mentioned he considers INFOWARS to be a reputable source, link, ...
...IBD said no such thing.
I linked to it. Here it is:
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:...if you're right wing. Start up a news site.
InfoWars - founded 1999...
And true IBD refused to answer if he trusted InfoWars as a source though I asked him repeatedly. I didn't bring it up he did. Do you consider InforWars to be a good source?

Oh and the topic this was discussed in was if Wikipedia was a good source. IBD has no problem answering that one.

He is "selective" in being coherent, as are you.

However it is true and correct that in the topic on the inaccuracy of Wikipedia IBD present InfoWars as an alternative.

gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
ITN seems to thing McVey was justified in blowing up the federal building, link: "An abusive federal government was...".

I wasn't involved in this discussion. I wouldn't be surprised if you are lying about this as well.
The links right there. Keep your head in the sand as you please. ITN is a nut.

gfm7175 wrote:
Not a crisis.
Reality by fiat. Trump truly is your leader.

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is valid for IBD or ITN
11-04-2020 09:16
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(12393)
tmiddles wrote:
...deleted Mantras 29...4b...4c...29...4b...4c...30...1...1...30...30...lie...30...4c...1...8...10d...

No argument presented. RQAA.


The Parrot Killer
11-04-2020 17:20
HarveyH55
★★★★☆
(1953)
Mr. Twiddles, for you, and weak/frail people like you, with serious health problems already, all respiratory infections are equally life threatening. For normal, health people, Covid-19 is MILD, same as any other cold or flu. A virus that hospitalizes a the majority of people infected, is serious. Worldwide, there are are just over a million confirmed cases of Covid-19, and around 100,000 dead, 1%... Not everybody on the planet has been tested. Testing in Florida is very restricted. They don't test, unless there are specific symptoms, and still limit by age or occupation. If your young, healthy, and ordered to stay home, you won't get tested, even if you are clearly sick with something. Confirmed cases, are only those who actually got tested, and showed positive. It's quite likely there were/are a lot more people cases, than being report, since it is a MILD infection for the vast majority. Less than 5% of the people hospitalized, need a tube shoved down their throat, so they can breath, with help of a machine. Sucks, but the regular seasonal respiratory infections have about the same rate.
12-04-2020 04:53
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(2934)
HarveyH55 wrote:...weak/frail people like you, with serious health problems already, all respiratory infections are equally life threatening.

Yes that's right Harvey. This is why you're a bad citizen for being dismissive of this issue and not caring if you get sick. You'll get the virus and recover. But not before you spread it. You will personally be the reason it spreads and eventually it will reach someone with serious health problems and they will die. It will be your fault.

HarveyH55 wrote:For normal, health people, Covid-19 is MILD,
This is false information you have manufactured. Normal healthy people have died from the virus. While most people have mild or no symptoms it's russian roulette not a predictable outcome.

HarveyH55 wrote:...same as any other cold or flu.
Again you are making things up and that it totally false. This virus has demonstrated it is far more dangerous than the average cold or flue.

HarveyH55 wrote:It's quite likely there were/are a lot more people cases, than being report, ...
Yes and there are a lot of deaths from Covid19 that are not being counted as well:
https://nypost.com/2020/04/07/scores-of-probable-coronavirus-deaths-are-not-being-counted-by-the-city/

But of course no one can stop you, Trump or anyone out there from manufacturing your own reality and pretending things are the way you'd like them to be. It's just unfortunate you're in a position to kill others with your negligence.

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is valid for IBD or ITN
12-04-2020 05:32
HarveyH55
★★★★☆
(1953)
Sorry you live what little of a life you have left, if fear and paranoia. Your lies an delusions are getting to be a real problem.

If you had bothered to ready me previous posts, you would have notice, the part where I stated clearly, I'd be staying home, if I got ill. Plenty of paid sick time, unused vacation time. Not sure why you would think I'd be visiting, paranoid, depressing shut-ins, sick or not.
12-04-2020 05:50
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(2934)
HarveyH55 wrote:...I'd be staying home, if I got ill.....
And you've already discussed that you understand many people are asymptomatic. You can still get someone else sick if you don't feel sick.

Florida was very late in getting a clue on this one. You really need a better Governor.

His exception for church services shows how stupid the man is.
12-04-2020 05:53
keepit
★★★★☆
(1389)
I'm pretty sure God will understand if people don't go to Church in order to safeguard the lives of other people.
12-04-2020 06:13
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(2934)
keepit wrote:
I'm pretty sure God will understand if people don't go to Church in order to safeguard the lives of other people.


I like the joke about the person who is in a flood and drowns after a truck, boat and finally a helicopter are sent to save them, each time saying they have trust in the lord and sending the rescuer away. Upon getting to heaven they ask why god didn't save them only to be told a truck, boat and helicopter were all sent and why did they refuse them.

Many a snake handler has been let down by God in a similar fashion.

We need some serious jail time for some of these church leaders.
Edited on 12-04-2020 06:19
12-04-2020 18:28
HarveyH55
★★★★☆
(1953)
So, what your say is that most people are dumber than you, so they need 'experts' like you, and the government, to make all their decisions, tell them how to live their lives. You don't believe people are able to make intelligent choices? You don't believe people are smart enough to stay away from sick people, or the old and frail, without being threatened with fines and jail time?

Certainly, an 'expert' like you, must admit, this isn't going to end this year, and probably not next year either. Like any other pandemic, it'll take 2-3 years to normalize, for enough of the world population to gain immunity, that the virus doesn't spread so easily. It won't go away, it'll still be around.

You do realize that antibodies aren't bug repellents, right? Immunity is sort of misleading, since an individual still gets infected, before the antibodies can go to work. Antibodies on flag the infection, so your immune system knows exactly where to work, and what the problem is. The virus still needs to get in the bloodstream, mean cells would already have been converted to virus factories. Still takes a day or two to clear out the infection, but it's not a big enough problem to produce symptoms, most of the time. Viruses themselves, don't cause the symptoms, that's your body's immune response to an infection. Symptoms are a broad attempt to create a hostile living environment, and drive out the infection, while the immune system locates and identifies the specific infection. Antibodies, allow the immune system to go directly to killing and removing the infection, without creating the hostile environment, the fever, coughing, sweating, and puking.

We actually do briefly feel a little off, like we caught something. We feel a cold coming on, but the next day, we feel fine, got lucky. You probably get your flu shot, religiously. Certainly, you've felt a little ill within the first few days after.

Come the next Fall, we are still going to have a huge percentage of the population, who dodged infection this time around. It's guarantied that there will be a second round, either right after they remove restrictions, or in the Fall. No vaccine, and few people who gain immunity, naturally, from the first round. Will we go the isolation route a second time? There is still going to be a lot of hospitalizations, and deaths, the second time around. Most people don't like being caged up. That's why we put people in prison. Some don't seem to mind, since the keep going back for more. It's unlikely the vast majority of the population is going to keep allowing the government locking them in their homes, shutting down the economy. Cabin fever, is a very real thing, and just as deadly as any virus. This is hard on a lot of people, who didn't get sick, and know they are unlikely to be severe cases, when they do. It's going to be hard for a few months, for many, to get back to normal living. They arent going to want to go through isolation again, and again.
12-04-2020 22:05
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(12393)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:...weak/frail people like you, with serious health problems already, all respiratory infections are equally life threatening.

Yes that's right Harvey. This is why you're a bad citizen for being dismissive of this issue and not caring if you get sick. You'll get the virus and recover. But not before you spread it. You will personally be the reason it spreads and eventually it will reach someone with serious health problems and they will die. It will be your fault.

Why would he spread it? Why would he get sick? Why would he personally be responsible for killing someone with serious health problems?
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:For normal, health people, Covid-19 is MILD,
This is false information you have manufactured.

WRONG. Covid-19 is infecting far less and killing far less than most other flu.
tmiddles wrote:
Normal healthy people have died from the virus.

WRONG. There has always been some underlying condition.
tmiddles wrote:
While most people have mild or no symptoms it's russian roulette not a predictable outcome.

Only 0.00135% of the population is infected. That means 99.99875% of the population is NOT infected. That's pretty good odds, dude.

But you deny math.
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:...same as any other cold or flu.
Again you are making things up and that it totally false.
This virus has demonstrated it is far more dangerous than the average cold or flue.

WRONG. It has demonstrated that it is far less dangerous than most flu.
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:It's quite likely there were/are a lot more people cases, than being report, ...
Yes and there are a lot of deaths from Covid19 that are not being counted as well:
...deleted random number graph...
But of course no one can stop you, Trump or anyone out there from manufacturing your own reality and pretending things are the way you'd like them to be. It's just unfortunate you're in a position to kill others with your negligence.

Argument from randU fallacy. TDS. Fear mongering.


The Parrot Killer
12-04-2020 22:06
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(12393)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:...I'd be staying home, if I got ill.....
And you've already discussed that you understand many people are asymptomatic. You can still get someone else sick if you don't feel sick.

Florida was very late in getting a clue on this one. You really need a better Governor.

His exception for church services shows how stupid the man is.


Florida is doing fine.


The Parrot Killer
12-04-2020 22:07
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(12393)
keepit wrote:
I'm pretty sure God will understand if people don't go to Church in order to safeguard the lives of other people.


So you think God has no power to eradicate this virus??!?


The Parrot Killer
12-04-2020 22:08
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(12393)
tmiddles wrote:
keepit wrote:
I'm pretty sure God will understand if people don't go to Church in order to safeguard the lives of other people.


I like the joke about the person who is in a flood and drowns after a truck, boat and finally a helicopter are sent to save them, each time saying they have trust in the lord and sending the rescuer away. Upon getting to heaven they ask why god didn't save them only to be told a truck, boat and helicopter were all sent and why did they refuse them.

Many a snake handler has been let down by God in a similar fashion.

We need some serious jail time for some of these church leaders.


False equivalence fallacy. The virus is not a flood or a snake.


The Parrot Killer
12-04-2020 23:27
James___
★★★★★
(2636)
tmiddles wrote:
keepit wrote:
I'm pretty sure God will understand if people don't go to Church in order to safeguard the lives of other people.


I like the joke about the person who is in a flood and drowns after a truck, boat and finally a helicopter are sent to save them, each time saying they have trust in the lord and sending the rescuer away. Upon getting to heaven they ask why god didn't save them only to be told a truck, boat and helicopter were all sent and why did they refuse them.

Many a snake handler has been let down by God in a similar fashion.

We need some serious jail time for some of these church leaders.



Kind of have to think that translation might not be entirely correct. When the Bible says that in the Exodus, the Jews went through Yum Suph which means Sea of Reeds and not the Red Sea. Yet for some reason the correct translation is considered wrong.

Mark 16:18 from the King James Bible;
They shall take up serpents and if they drink any deadly thing

A serpent might just be someone or something that tempts you and in those times drinking water might not have been safe. Most people don't understand that Jerusalem was a very dirty city. And if an animal died in a well, then something like typhoid fever is possible.
I guess it's like some people think global warming won't end but in another 50 years or so, it'll probably start cooling again. That'd allow for about a 450 year Industrial Warm Period. People just kind of learned nothing from history like the Spanish Flu or the Swine Flu.
Edited on 12-04-2020 23:28
12-04-2020 23:53
keepit
★★★★☆
(1389)
ITN,
You ask, "Do you think God has the power to cure this?"
Too hard a question ITN, too hard a question.
13-04-2020 01:57
GasGuzzlerProfile picture★★★★☆
(1695)
tmiddles wrote:
Florida was very late in getting a clue on this one. You really need a better Governor.


What makes you say such stupid shit?!

Florida is the 3rd largest population in the country.
Florida is the 24th smallest state.
Florida is #2 on international INBOUND travel list.
Florida is only 9th in the Covid19 infection list.
Florida is only 11th on total Covid19 deaths list.(461, while New York has 9,385)

Does Gov Cuomo need to get a clue too? Any reason he gets a pass?

Bingo ITN. Florida is doing just fine.
Edited on 13-04-2020 02:12
13-04-2020 06:12
James___
★★★★★
(2636)
GasGuzzler wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
Florida was very late in getting a clue on this one. You really need a better Governor.


What makes you say such stupid shit?!

Florida is the 3rd largest population in the country.
Florida is the 24th smallest state.
Florida is #2 on international INBOUND travel list.
Florida is only 9th in the Covid19 infection list.
Florida is only 11th on total Covid19 deaths list.(461, while New York has 9,385)

Does Gov Cuomo need to get a clue too? Any reason he gets a pass?

Bingo ITN. Florida is doing just fine.



He's talking about social distancing. Just because their governor ignored such guidelines doesn't mean that all Floridians did. What if the people there listened for the most part when their governor didn't?
That would show as positive results attributed to the people and not their leadership. Kentucky is one of the worst states to live in but is in the top 5 of flattening the curve. And flattening the curve is what everything is about.
Please remember is that Spring Break usually involves people from other states and not Florida. Florida could've been a spreader of coronavirus to other states by creating a breeding ground on it's beaches.
Edited on 13-04-2020 06:16
13-04-2020 07:37
keepit
★★★★☆
(1389)
James,
Well said. A grass roots movement. I really like that.
13-04-2020 07:44
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(6666)
keepit wrote: I'm pretty sure God will understand if people don't go to Church in order to safeguard the lives of other people.

I'm sure God will protect the people who go to church so that they can do His will. Just watch. Let's find a church service that has happened and we can see if I am right and you are egregiously mistaken.


.


Sea level varies from place to place in the world - keepit

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
13-04-2020 07:57
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(2934)
HarveyH55 wrote:
... your say...they need 'experts' like you, .
like me? Never said I was an expert and if you need that clarified:
I am not, even remotely, an expert on viruses, pandemics or anything medical.
I trust and believe the professional recomendations in this area, absent a compelling counter argument, because there is a stellar track record there of success and results.

You seem to make an argument for "common sense" over "expert advice" in all areas Harvey. I have higher standards.

Into the Night wrote:
Why would he spread it?
because it is contageous.

Into the Night wrote:
Covid-19 is infecting far less ... There has always been some underlying condition.

You love making things up ITN.
vivacious Florida DJ, who also died after having coronavirus despite having no underlying conditions, according to his wife....

And by your logic plutonium is safe. You're a lost cause ITN.

So GasGuzzler what should New York do? What if you were Govenor?
Edited on 13-04-2020 08:00
13-04-2020 08:39
James___
★★★★★
(2636)
keepit wrote:
James,
Well said. A grass roots movement. I really like that.



Thank You. It does happen.
13-04-2020 09:05
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(6666)
James___ wrote:
keepit wrote:
James,
Well said. A grass roots movement. I really like that.



Thank You. It does happen.


Like Trump getting elected, or the Bernie Sanders' movement that was crushed by the DNC. Yep, they happen.


.


Sea level varies from place to place in the world - keepit

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
13-04-2020 09:16
James___
★★★★★
(2636)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:
keepit wrote:
James,
Well said. A grass roots movement. I really like that.



Thank You. It does happen.


Like Trump getting elected, or the Bernie Sanders' movement that was crushed by the DNC. Yep, they happen.


.



Со мной, Я хочу знать где ты живёшь. Ты не Америки.
You're a strange one товарищ.
14-04-2020 00:23
gfm7175Profile picture★★★☆☆
(670)
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:...a mild flu virus.
You have looked at something and determined to use the word "mild" to describe Covid-19.

Yes, it is rather mild.

tmiddles wrote:
What is that conclusion based on?

CDC reported numbers.

tmiddles wrote:
Why do you believe that?

Because, even ignoring the various issues with the "corona death" tally, and what constitutes a "corona death" to begin with, there are still plenty LESS "corona deaths" than other flu deaths. This flu season has been rather mild comparatively.

tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
IBD has mentioned he considers INFOWARS to be a reputable source, link, ...
...IBD said no such thing.
I linked to it. Here it is:

He never said that he considered it to be reputable. He merely listed it as one of numerous examples of right wing news sites.

tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
...if you're right wing. Start up a news site.
InfoWars - founded 1999...
And true IBD refused to answer if he trusted InfoWars as a source though I asked him repeatedly.

PARADOX.

[1] IBD has mentioned he considers INFOWARS to be a reputable source.
[2] IBD refused to answer if he trusted InfoWars as a source.

Which is it?? You can't even keep track of your lies anymore, dude...

tmiddles wrote:
I didn't bring it up he did.

LIE. He just answered your question. YOU brought it up.

tmiddles wrote:
Do you consider InforWars to be a good source?

I've never heard of InforWars...

tmiddles wrote:
Oh and the topic this was discussed in was if Wikipedia was a good source. IBD has no problem answering that one.

I'm quite familiar with what was said in that thread.

tmiddles wrote:
He is "selective" in being coherent, as are you.

"okay then".

tmiddles wrote:
However it is true and correct that in the topic on the inaccuracy of Wikipedia IBD present InfoWars as an alternative.

Irrational reasoning. You have not cleared your paradox. That is what happens when one lies as often as you do, as you did again just here... Oh, a tangled web we weave!!


tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
ITN seems to thing McVey was justified in blowing up the federal building, link: "An abusive federal government was...".

I wasn't involved in this discussion. I wouldn't be surprised if you are lying about this as well.
The links right there. Keep your head in the sand as you please. ITN is a nut.

I'm not wasting my time reading through that thread. I commented on the one that I remembered what was said in it.

tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Not a crisis.
Reality by fiat. Trump truly is your leader.

Define "reality". I bet you have no clue what reality even is...
Edited on 14-04-2020 00:53
14-04-2020 01:51
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(12393)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
... your say...they need 'experts' like you, .
like me? Never said I was an expert

Lie. You often make statements like you're an expert, even though we know you are not.
tmiddles wrote:
and if you need that clarified:
I am not, even remotely, an expert on viruses, pandemics or anything medical.

We know. Indeed, you seem to know absolutely nothing about them at all.
tmiddles wrote:
I trust and believe the professional recomendations in this area,

Who's 'professional recommendations'? They differ.
tmiddles wrote:
absent a compelling counter argument, because there is a stellar track record there of success and results.

Who's 'track record'? They differ.
tmiddles wrote:
You seem to make an argument for "common sense" over "expert advice" in all areas Harvey. I have higher standards.

Lie. You can't even define 'expert advice' or 'common sense'.
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Why would he spread it?
because it is contageous.

Non-sequitur fallacy. That does not mean he is going to spread it.
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Covid-19 is infecting far less ... There has always been some underlying condition.

You love making things up ITN.

No, that would be you. Inversion fallacy.
tmiddles wrote:
vivacious Florida DJ, who also died after having coronavirus despite having no underlying conditions, according to his wife....

CNN is not a valid source. Summarily discarded.
tmiddles wrote:
And by your logic plutonium is safe.

It is if you handle it properly.
tmiddles wrote:
You're a lost cause ITN.

No, that would be you again.
tmiddles wrote:
So GasGuzzler what should New York do? What if you were Govenor?

Business as usual. There really is nothing to worry about. Legally, the governor of New York has no other recourse.


The Parrot Killer
Edited on 14-04-2020 01:53
14-04-2020 04:02
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(6666)
James___ wrote: Со мной, Я хочу знать где ты живёшь. Ты не Америки.

Я не Америка и я не винтик в колесе. IBDeMann.

James___ wrote: You're a strange one товарищ.

Elsewhere I am known as the Inverse Observer. It gives me license. Divide me by Distance-squared if you must.


.


Sea level varies from place to place in the world - keepit

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
14-04-2020 21:45
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(2934)
gfm7175 wrote:
Yes, it is rather mild....CDC reported numbers....still plenty LESS "corona deaths" than other flu deaths. This flu season has been rather mild comparatively.


Just to clarify before I respond (so I know what I'm responding to) are you saying that Covid-19 is "mild" because of it's effect globally to date as compared with the global effect of all other flu illness for the entire flu season?

You're using the entire planet Earth's population to compare against and your time frame is the entire flu season?

You mentioned CDC numbers and there are quite a few of those so I'd like to know your frame of reference here.

Please clarify what you mean I'm not attempting to frame your argument in any way.

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is valid for IBD or ITN
14-04-2020 22:16
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(12393)
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Yes, it is rather mild....CDC reported numbers....still plenty LESS "corona deaths" than other flu deaths. This flu season has been rather mild comparatively.


Just to clarify before I respond (so I know what I'm responding to) are you saying that Covid-19 is "mild" because of it's effect globally to date as compared with the global effect of all other flu illness for the entire flu season?

RQAA. You have already asked this question, and it has already been answered.
tmiddles wrote:
You're using the entire planet Earth's population to compare against and your time frame is the entire flu season?

RQAA. You have already asked this question, and it has already been answered.
tmiddles wrote:
You mentioned CDC numbers and there are quite a few of those so I'd like to know your frame of reference here.

RQAA.
tmiddles wrote:
Please clarify what you mean I'm not attempting to frame your argument in any way.

Lie.


The Parrot Killer
14-04-2020 22:19
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(2934)
Into the Night wrote:...it has already been answered....
You're just a liar ITN. It's not remotely plausible you would blather on so on this board and not fit in proof I was wrong.

I have never asked GFM that question before.
Page 1 of 4123>>>





Join the debate Climate Change caused Covid-19?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
2020.05.17 COVID 19 UPDATE2621-05-2020 08:28
Is Covid-19 killing climate activists?109-05-2020 05:28
Global Warming (not necessarily caused by people) will release nasty extinct viruses from tens of thousan101-05-2020 05:04
Covid-19 loss221-04-2020 09:59
covid battle409-04-2020 04:38
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact