Remember me
▼ Content

Climate change and the struggle against capitalism

Climate change and the struggle against capitalism30-11-2017 22:25
moncktonProfile picture★★★☆☆
(436)
"...Two events this week have focused renewed popular attention on the dangers inherent in global warming and climate change. The first was the report published Monday in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (PNAS) warning that human activity is precipitating "biological annihilation" and a mass extinction event, the sixth such phenomenon in the evolution of life on planet Earth...

...The second event was the collapse Wednesday of a portion of Antarctica's Larsen C ice shelf, with the formation of a massive iceberg, estimated at one trillion tons of ice, equivalent to twice the fresh water in Lake Erie. The iceberg has the same land area as the US state of Delaware (or, to compare it to some of the world's best-known islands, it is larger than Bali, Trinidad or Canada's Prince Edward Island, but slightly smaller than Corsica, Cyprus or Puerto Rico)..."
https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2017/07/14/pers-j14.html
30-11-2017 22:50
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
monckton wrote:
"...Two events this week have focused renewed popular attention on the dangers inherent in global warming and climate change. The first was the report published Monday in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (PNAS) warning that human activity is precipitating "biological annihilation" and a mass extinction event, the sixth such phenomenon in the evolution of life on planet Earth...

Define 'global warming' or 'climate change' without using circular definitions.

It is not possible to determine the temperature of the Earth.

Nothing is being annihilated. Our population is increasing, not decreasing.

monckton wrote:
...The second event was the collapse Wednesday of a portion of Antarctica's Larsen C ice shelf, with the formation of a massive iceberg, estimated at one trillion tons of ice, equivalent to twice the fresh water in Lake Erie. The iceberg has the same land area as the US state of Delaware (or, to compare it to some of the world's best-known islands, it is larger than Bali, Trinidad or Canada's Prince Edward Island, but slightly smaller than Corsica, Cyprus or Puerto Rico)..."
...deleted Holy Link...

This 'collapse' is part of the usual summer in Antarctica. The 'iceberg' won't go anywhere. It will refreeze to the main sheet (like it does every year) when winter comes.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
01-12-2017 00:10
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
monckton wrote:

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2017/07/14/pers-j14.html

NASA tells us that the Antarctic ice sheet is larger than it has been within measurement history. They are also telling us that there is more ice in northern hemisphere glaciers than at any time in measuring history.

Where do you suppose water would be coming from to "raise sea levels"?

"When NASA first photographed the Larsen Ice Shelf in the 1960s, the fatal rift that separated this iceberg from Larsen C was already visible."

Gee, so during the famous first pause this breakaway was already noted.

Doesn't everyone find it interesting that morons like Spot try to make this an object of man-made global warming?

The warming STARTED in 1880 (until NASA changed the books. Now it's 1886.) The warming was active until circa 1930 and then paused even though the amount of CO2 being dumped into the atmosphere during WWII was larger than anything until 1980 or so.

So during the pause they could already see the breakaway. It is totally unknown HOW LONG before that the calving was beginning because there wasn't any satellite data.

There isn't one single lie that the "environmentalists" won't stoop to to make man the enemy of man.

And just so we're clear on the matter - this presently calved iceberg isn't as large as the one that broke away in 1995.
Edited on 01-12-2017 00:12
01-12-2017 03:32
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy slimebag steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time (plus 1) threatener wake-me-up" wiffed:...NASA tells us that the Antarctic ice sheet is larger than it has been within measurement history.... in the 1960s, the fatal rift that separated this iceberg from Larsen C was already visible...... this presently calved iceberg isn't as large as the one that broke away in 1995.
"many time (plus 1) threatener wake-me-up" mentions the one Zwally paper that was immediately attacked for error....AGW denier liar whiners said the rift would "heal". There was a 1000 billion ton "healing" in July....this 1000 billion ton iceberg occurred in a much less AGW climate susceptible region than the iceberg of 1995.
Edited on 01-12-2017 03:33
01-12-2017 17:22
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
litesong wrote:
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy slimebag steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time (plus 1) threatener wake-me-up" wiffed:...NASA tells us that the Antarctic ice sheet is larger than it has been within measurement history.... in the 1960s, the fatal rift that separated this iceberg from Larsen C was already visible...... this presently calved iceberg isn't as large as the one that broke away in 1995.
"many time (plus 1) threatener wake-me-up" mentions the one Zwally paper that was immediately attacked for error....AGW denier liar whiners said the rift would "heal". There was a 1000 billion ton "healing" in July....this 1000 billion ton iceberg occurred in a much less AGW climate susceptible region than the iceberg of 1995.

Well I'm sure that everyone here is willing to take your word for it because after all - you are so reliable and honest.
01-12-2017 17:26
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy slimebag steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time (plus 1) threatener wake-me-up" wiffed:...you are so reliable and honest.
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy slimebag steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time (plus 1) threatener wake-me-up" is reliably an old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy slimebag steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier LIAR whiner & many time (plus 1) threatener.
01-12-2017 18:16
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
litesong wrote:
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy slimebag steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time (plus 1) threatener wake-me-up" wiffed:...you are so reliable and honest.
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy slimebag steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time (plus 1) threatener wake-me-up" is reliably an old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy slimebag steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier LIAR whiner & many time (plus 1) threatener.

There's no need to threaten - just tell me where you live.
01-12-2017 21:54
(21559)
Wake wrote:
litesong wrote:

There's no need to threaten - just tell me where you live.

Welcome to your new paradox.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
02-12-2017 02:07
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy slimebag steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time (plus 1) threatener wake-me-up" wiffed:... just tell me where you live.

The math of "old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy slimebag steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time (plus 1) threatener wake-me-up" is so bad, given the correct address, it would show up 10 years after I died.... & then, two doors down.
This is my 1979th post. Ah, sumpun importat hapened dat year.
Edited on 02-12-2017 02:14
02-12-2017 03:10
(21559)
Wake wrote:
Well I'm sure that everyone here is willing to take your word for it because after all - you are so reliable and honest.

I'm going to have to call this one an inversion fallacy anymore. You are lying far more than anyone lately. Your violent tendencies are getting more visible too.

The Parrot Killer

02-12-2017 06:23
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy slimebag steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time (plus 1) THREATENER wake-me-up" wiffed: There's no need to threaten.....
I never threaten when I accurately describe "old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy slimebag steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time (plus 1) THREATENER wake-me-up" as an old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy slimebag steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier LIAR whiner & many time (plus 1) THREATENER.
Edited on 02-12-2017 06:29

Join the debate Climate change and the struggle against capitalism:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
USA - Attack on Capitalism - Attack on Corporations225-06-2021 16:40
Ending climate change requires the end of capitalism1519-03-2019 04:56
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact