▼ Content

Climate Change And Covid19

Page 3 of 3<123
30-04-2020 22:45
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
Nobi wrote:
I think he did.

Into the Night wrote:Weather is simply the combination of temperature, humidity, cloud cover, wind speed and direction, precipitation, and barometric pressure at a particular moment and in a particular location. Weather is not quantifiable, but it is made up of quantifiable elements.

Thank you Nobi!

I think my confusion here is understandable as I just gave the definition:
tmiddles wrote:
https://www.yourdictionary.com/weather
"Weather is described in terms of variable conditions such as temperature, humidity, wind velocity, precipitation, and barometric pressure. ... in the troposphere, or lower atmosphere"

Someone care to venture an opinion as to what difference between the two definitions ITN sees since he's not sharing?

To essentially give the same definition but have ITN say "NO"! is a bit odd:
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:Weather includes temperature, humidity/precipitation, wind speed and air pressure.

These are not weather. They are temperature, humidity, precipitation (which is not humidity), wind speed, and air pressure. Weather is a subjective term describing combinations of phenomena.

Edited on 30-04-2020 22:52
01-05-2020 03:00
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
tmiddles wrote:
Nobi wrote:
I think he did.

Into the Night wrote:Weather is simply the combination of temperature, humidity, cloud cover, wind speed and direction, precipitation, and barometric pressure at a particular moment and in a particular location. Weather is not quantifiable, but it is made up of quantifiable elements.

Thank you Nobi!

I think my confusion here is understandable as I just gave the definition:
tmiddles wrote:
https://www.yourdictionary.com/weather
"Weather is described in terms of variable conditions such as temperature, humidity, wind velocity, precipitation, and barometric pressure. ... in the troposphere, or lower atmosphere"

Someone care to venture an opinion as to what difference between the two definitions ITN sees since he's not sharing?

To essentially give the same definition but have ITN say "NO"! is a bit odd:
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:Weather includes temperature, humidity/precipitation, wind speed and air pressure.

These are not weather. They are temperature, humidity, precipitation (which is not humidity), wind speed, and air pressure. Weather is a subjective term describing combinations of phenomena.

False equivalence fallacy. You described weather as a quantitative thing. It isn't. Picking out similar words does not make it the same definition.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
01-05-2020 03:17
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:
False equivalence fallacy. You described weather as a quantitative thing. It isn't. Picking out similar words does not make it the same definition.

What is your point? "Weather" includes temperature and other quantitative dimensions. Maybe you don't have a point but is you do share it.
Edited on 01-05-2020 03:17
01-05-2020 03:33
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

What is your point? "Weather" includes temperature and other quantitative dimensions. Maybe you don't have a point but is you do share it.

RQAA

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Page 3 of 3<123

Join the debate Climate Change And Covid19:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Cell phones are now blamed for covid19?1913-11-2021 22:41
covid19 prevalence3427-11-2020 03:20
Covid1922818-11-2020 01:50
Covid19's future1310-07-2020 02:08
Covid19 "modeling"3004-04-2020 00:07
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact