▼ Content

Citizens Climate Lobby Australia

Page 2 of 2<12
13-07-2020 23:13
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
keepit wrote:
ITN,
Your post isn't an explanation of how GHG's violate 1st,2nd, or sb law. It is just a reiteration of your claim. Noone else claims this denial of science. Why do you?

You have already asked this question, and I have already answered. it.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
14-07-2020 04:13
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
The technology has come a long way.Here in West Australia we have stuff all charging places but it is coming along.One member who has a Nissan leaf has a routine of using a timer and it starts charging at 1100 PM When the rate drops to 18 cents KW/H and it works for him they are a suburban vehicle.It cost him over $50,000 but good on him for doing it.I logged in early with no video and a young man came on first so we had a good chat however it is not a debate club it is a campaign to get politicians to change stuff organisation.Good news they have no chance
26-07-2020 04:15
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I have decided to not be a part of the Climate change lobby anymore.It is not open to debate it is a place to go to worship the CO2 gods
26-07-2020 04:47
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
duncan61 wrote:
The technology has come a long way.Here in West Australia we have stuff all charging places but it is coming along.One member who has a Nissan leaf has a routine of using a timer and it starts charging at 1100 PM When the rate drops to 18 cents KW/H and it works for him they are a suburban vehicle.It cost him over $50,000 but good on him for doing it.I logged in early with no video and a young man came on first so we had a good chat however it is not a debate club it is a campaign to get politicians to change stuff organisation.Good news they have no chance

Bugger on mate. you're stuffed. You want those American blokes to like you?
Edited on 26-07-2020 04:58
26-07-2020 06:50
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
duncan61 wrote: I have decided to not be a part of the Climate change lobby anymore.It is not open to debate it is a place to go to worship the CO2 gods

Well, you had to find out and you did the right thing by participating to the extent that you could.

Just realize that they are a desperate group trying to huddle/scrum together to tell themselves that they are superheroes who are better than everyone else.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
26-07-2020 11:11
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
One pleasant young man had his moment and declared that he and his partner were wishing to start a family but will not as the Children will have climate anxiety.
26-07-2020 18:23
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
duncan61 wrote:
One pleasant young man had his moment and declared that he and his partner were wishing to start a family but will not as the Children will have climate anxiety.

I warned you from the start, they would be a tough group to talk to. Would completely abandon them. They'll have their slow periods, where they are a little more open to discuss anything. They probably have people dropping out all the time, since it's not very cheery, and one sided. You probably noticed that it's not always all the same people, everytime. Even the more regular members miss a few meetings. You want to get involved in their discussions, you have to be really subtle about how you go about it. Like you mentioned the electric car movement, and how that one guy waits until rates are low, to charge his car. They want everyone to go electric cars, right? When a lot of people start charging when rates are low, rates won't stay low for long. Solar panels don't produce at night either... Power walls are getting to be a popular thing. Sort of like charging the car at low rate time. These are battery banks for the home. Most people aren't aware, or ignore, that charging batteries, wastes electricity, there is always some self-discharge with batteries. When the demand for electricity comes close to the limit of whats being produced, you will get charged peak rates. Part, is for profit, but it also discourages people from using more than they need, so they don't have to blackout any customers, to prevent the grid from crashing.

There is always a way to slip into a discussion, a steer it toward a more reality based topic.
27-07-2020 02:22
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Thanks Harvey.I am not going to sit in on any more Zoom meetings and probably will not go to actual gatherings when they start happening again.I was looking for social contact as well but will get sent packing so its over
27-07-2020 04:33
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
duncan61 wrote:
Thanks Harvey.I am not going to sit in on any more Zoom meetings and probably will not go to actual gatherings when they start happening again.I was looking for social contact as well but will get sent packing so its over

Better things to do, and a new toy on the way...
Page 2 of 2<12

Join the debate Citizens Climate Lobby Australia:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Citizens Climate Lobby Australia1717-01-2022 22:01
Citizen's Climate Lobby Australia (CCLA)1904-08-2020 16:25
Climate change an 'existential security risk' to Australia, Senate inquiry says119-05-2018 23:35
Australia looks set for drought013-11-2014 18:46
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact