Remember me
▼ Content

China's clean coal policy does not regulate CO2, because it's not considered a pollutant like in


China's clean coal policy does not regulate CO2, because it's not considered a pollutant like in the U25-02-2019 18:38
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1079)
when Obama added it to the list in 2009, so why should the US waste money controlling CO2 when China won't?

China is largest clean coal power producer

https://www.cips.org/en/supply-management/news/2019/february/china-is-largest-clean-coal-power-producer/
25-02-2019 21:05
Wake
★★★★★
(4031)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
when Obama added it to the list in 2009, so why should the US waste money controlling CO2 when China won't?

China is largest clean coal power producer

https://www.cips.org/en/supply-management/news/2019/february/china-is-largest-clean-coal-power-producer/


This is much easier if you have a lot of Anthracite. This is much more clean burning than Bitumen. The US doesn't have a lot of Anthracite but stack scrubbers and the like can make coal a cheaper and more efficient and relatively clean source of power.

So it is not a good idea for anyone to accept China's NEA as a source of really accurate information on coal power because that can change overnight with the closing of Anthracite mines.
25-02-2019 23:28
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(10166)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
when Obama added it to the list in 2009, so why should the US waste money controlling CO2 when China won't?

China is largest clean coal power producer

https://www.cips.org/en/supply-management/news/2019/february/china-is-largest-clean-coal-power-producer/


There is no need to control CO2. CO2 is a naturally occurring gas in the atmosphere. It is not capable of warming the Earth.


The Parrot Killer
25-02-2019 23:32
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(10166)
Wake wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
when Obama added it to the list in 2009, so why should the US waste money controlling CO2 when China won't?

China is largest clean coal power producer

https://www.cips.org/en/supply-management/news/2019/february/china-is-largest-clean-coal-power-producer/


This is much easier if you have a lot of Anthracite. This is much more clean burning than Bitumen. The US doesn't have a lot of Anthracite but stack scrubbers and the like can make coal a cheaper and more efficient and relatively clean source of power.

Anthracite and Bitumen coal burn the same way, Wake. They are both carbon. They both burn just as cleanly in modern coal burning facilities.
Wake wrote:
So it is not a good idea for anyone to accept China's NEA as a source of really accurate information on coal power
It's not a good idea because it's Chinese government propaganda.
Wake wrote:
because that can change overnight with the closing of Anthracite mines.

No difference, Wake.


The Parrot Killer




Join the debate China's clean coal policy does not regulate CO2, because it's not considered a pollutant like in :

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Why can't you say Venus is hotter than Mercury because Venus got CO2?1307-12-2019 13:04
There is no scientific theory or evidence that suggest CO2 traps heat better than O2 or N221207-12-2019 12:09
Poulation controll revisited - CO2 compensation through population control814-11-2019 23:28
Is it not true that brains shrink due to increase in CO2 displacing O2?208-11-2019 18:45
Next year will the first year since lord knows when CO2 is more than 400 ppm all year at Moana Loa305-11-2019 18:15
Articles
Appendix A - Tracing China's Climate Policy
Analysis - Explaining China's Climate Policy
The Dependent Variable - How Ambitious Is China's Climate Policy
John McCain: Remarks on Climate Change Policy
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2019 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact