Remember me
▼ Content

Challenges with making carbon emitting sustainable?

Challenges with making carbon emitting sustainable?24-12-2019 12:43
stevew87
☆☆☆☆☆
(2)
What do you guys think are the main challenges and solutions in making our carbon emitting use sustainable? In a global context but also in regional areas such as the UK.

France seem to be doing pretty well with the nuclear plants they currently have, although I've heard they use coal i think over winter months when energy demand increases. UK i think is still relying on gas a lot.
Another challenge i guess would be making transport electric.
24-12-2019 12:48
Amanbir GrewalProfile picture★☆☆☆☆
(123)
stevew87 wrote:
What do you guys think are the main challenges and solutions in making our carbon emitting use sustainable? In a global context but also in regional areas such as the UK.

France seem to be doing pretty well with the nuclear plants they currently have, although I've heard they use coal i think over winter months when energy demand increases. UK i think is still relying on gas a lot.

RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT DUDE!

i mean, that was a Knowledge question and this bruh kinda nailed that yeaaa!!!

whadda lamarr say at 6 points on the break, to, to, to the coach bruh.

i'm gonna go for it! No.

why don't you just sit out the rest of this? No.

it comes down to this, and you're out forever? No.

you're the coach, and this is yours. YES.
24-12-2019 19:21
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21597)
stevew87 wrote:
What do you guys think are the main challenges and solutions in making our carbon emitting use sustainable?

It already is. The current energy markets show that it is.
stevew87 wrote:
In a global context but also in regional areas such as the UK.

Since you are in the UK, you are not used to free markets. They are there, though.
stevew87 wrote:
France seem to be doing pretty well with the nuclear plants they currently have, although I've heard they use coal i think over winter months when energy demand increases.

They do, just like Germany and just like the UK.
stevew87 wrote:
UK i think is still relying on gas a lot.

It is.
stevew87 wrote:

Electric is not an energy source. Those electric vehicles need to be charged from something. That recharging time will always be considerable. I consider them coal powered cars. You are just using the local power station instead of the local gas station.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
26-12-2019 00:29
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
stevew87 wrote:

I'd say stop deforestation and greatly reduce ODSs (ozone depleting substances).
CO2 might not be a problem.

The story observed – accurately – that there had been a gradual decrease in global average temperatures from about 1940, now believed to be a consequence of soot and aerosols that offered a partial shield to the earth as well as the gradual retreat of an abnormally warm interlude.

Some climatologists predicted the trend would continue, inching the earth toward the colder averages of the "Little Ice Age" from the 16th to 19th centuries.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-the-global-cooling-story-came-to-be/

They had 40 years of science then. And then in the late 1970's the ozone layer became depleted and then global warming started. If you notice, stratospheric depletion started at the end of the 1970's http://www.cabrillo.edu/~rnolthenius/climate/KeyEvidence/globalO3.jpg
And warming started at the same time;
https://binged.it/34YV8AC
The best part is, the warming from before 1945 and the rate at which it warmed does not fit the pattern after 1978 while ozone depletion does. CO2 levels are 3 times as much after 1978. And the increase in CO2 levels between 1945 to 1978 produced global cooling because of ash from burning things and aerosols.
This is basically a circular argument because no scientist will let air with extra CO2 in it be warmed by the Sun. That would be the only real proof.
Also, O2 removes heat from the atmosphere because of convection. Less O2, more water vapor.

https://phys.org/news/2015-06-variations-atmospheric-oxygen-earth-climate.html
This last bit is about deforestation decreasing the amount of O2 in the atmosphere. Of course, burning things that release CO2 is also decreasing the amount of O2. But we have to focus on 1 thing and ignore everything else.
Edited on 26-12-2019 00:31
26-12-2019 09:54
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14411)
James___ wrote: I'd say stop deforestation and greatly reduce ODSs (ozone depleting substances). CO2 might not be a problem.

What substances deplete ozone?

James___ wrote: Some climatologists predicted the trend would continue,

What does one have to believe in order to become a "climatologist"?

James___ wrote: And then in the late 1970's the ozone layer became depleted and then global warming started.

We have always had the same amount of ozone. The sun makes it from atmospheric O2 through photolysis.

James___ wrote: Also, O2 removes heat from the atmosphere because of convection.

Convection implies that it remains within the atmosphere. Convection is an intra-atmosphere occurrence.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
26-12-2019 18:14
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote: I'd say stop deforestation and greatly reduce ODSs (ozone depleting substances). CO2 might not be a problem.

James___ wrote: And then in the late 1970's the ozone layer became depleted and then global warming started.

We have always had the same amount of ozone. The sun makes it from atmospheric O2 through photolysis.

James___ wrote: Also, O2 removes heat from the atmosphere because of convection.

Convection implies that it remains within the atmosphere. Convection is an intra-atmosphere occurrence.

You should stick with your philosophy. It's funny how people think that when you and itn explain how irrational science is, some people actually believe you. It is funny that you and itn don't think that people are responsible for learning what they want to know. That's called free will. Saying someone else didn't take the time to teach them what they want to know is the basis of communism.
The government or agents of change like you and itn will be responsible for teaching people how to think in the right way.
After all, if the current government failed them, you can lead them in the right way. People just need to understand why the two of you are right and that you are helping them to understand a better way, the right way to think.
The basis of communism.
26-12-2019 21:59
(21597)
James___ wrote:
stevew87 wrote:

I'd say stop deforestation
What deforestation? There are more trees than ever in the U.S.
James___ wrote:
and greatly reduce ODSs (ozone depleting substances).
The ozone isn't being depleted. We couldn't destroy the ozone layer even if we wanted to. RDCF.
James___ wrote:
CO2 might not be a problem.

CO2 is not a problem at all. Why do you consider it one?
James___ wrote:
The story observed – accurately – that there had been a gradual decrease in global average temperatures from about 1940,

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
26-12-2019 22:04
(21597)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

You should stick with your philosophy. It's funny how people think that when you and itn explain how irrational science is, some people actually believe you.
Lie. Neither of us has ever tried to say science is irrational.
James___ wrote:
It is funny that you and itn don't think that people are responsible for learning what they want to know.
Lie. We have both said just the opposite.
James___ wrote:
That's called free will. Saying someone else didn't take the time to teach them what they want to know is the basis of communism.
Not the definition of communism. Try again?
James___ wrote:
The government or agents of change like you and itn will be responsible for teaching people how to think in the right way.
I don't work for the government. I don't think IBDaMann does either.
James___ wrote:
After all, if the current government failed them, you can lead them in the right way. People just need to understand why the two of you are right and that you are helping them to understand a better way, the right way to think.
The Constitution of the United States hasn't failed anybody. It DOES get in the way of the Democrats and other liberals though.
James___ wrote:
The basis of communism.

Not the definition of communism. Try again.

The Parrot Killer

27-12-2019 00:30
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Could have sworn that ozone depletion was debunked back in the 70's, and there was no ice age threat. It was an early version of climate change BS. I'm guessing, that they hadn't expected swift global compliance with their silly demands, didn't get to milk the grant money as long as they would have hoped, so they created global warming. They left it more questionable, and ambiguous, so people would argue and debate for decades, while the harvested the research cash. Church donations started to decline, afte Al Gore's prophecy constantly failed to materialize, as predicted, by 'settle-science', so the re-branded, to climate change. The new target dates were just past the life expectancy of most of the people who rejected global warming, and every weather event can be considered a sign of the apocalypse.
27-12-2019 06:58
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14411)
James___ wrote: You should stick with your philosophy.

I would if I knew what it was.

James___ wrote:It's funny how people think that when you and itn explain how irrational science is, some people actually believe you.

Is that because you believe me and you found it funny?

By the way, science is, by definition, a rational basis for beliefs, not an irrational basis. Global Warming is an example of an irrational basis, due to it's inherent unfalsifiability.

James___ wrote: It is funny that you and itn don't think that people are responsible for learning what they want to know.

I don't want to speak for Into the Night but my perception is that most people on the political left simply aren't responsible, period.

James___ wrote: That's called free will.

Yeah, on this matter you really don't want to lump Into the Night and me together. He'll grant you your concept of "free will." I will not. If you'd like to roll up your sleeves and debate the point, I'm ready to go. Drink in hand, check. Rammstein cued up, check. Bring it on, baby!

James___ wrote: Saying someone else didn't take the time to teach them what they want to know is the basis of communism.

That's not the definnition of communism. I was thinking more along the lines of it being the reason you cling to this silly notion of ozone depletion. There is no amount of sanity that can penetrate your stupor on this issue and get you to accept physics. There is no ozone depletion anywhere on the planet. There never was, there isn't any at present, and as long as the sun keeps doing its solar thing, there won't be any in our future. Unfortunately you have so much of your ego, your identity and your personal self worth invested in a belief of some other reality that this topic can no longer effectively be discussed with you.

The least you could do is explain what you believe are these sinister magickal ozone-depleting "chemicals" and how we are supposed to presume that they deplete the ozone so we can at least follow along when you post.

James___ wrote: The government or agents of change like you and itn will be responsible for teaching people how to think in the right way.

The right way to think is called the scientific method and yes, I want that job. Where do I apply. I'm expensive, but I'm worth it.

James___ wrote: People just need to understand why the two of you are right and that you are helping them to understand a better way, the right way to think.

Maybe we can rent some billboards, maybe take out some full-page ads. We have options.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist

Join the debate Challenges with making carbon emitting sustainable?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Maximizing Carbon Sequestration in Terrestrial Agroecosystems83525-04-2024 09:20
Sustainable drink alternatives to coffee and tea524-04-2024 15:34
Happy fourth of July. I wonder how many liberals are eating carbon cooked burgers106-07-2023 23:52
Uses for solid carbon3006-07-2023 23:51
Climate change keeps making wildfires and smoke worse503-07-2023 03:40
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact