Remember me
▼ Content

ceo's

ceo's02-05-2023 21:08
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Opinions of ceo's.
Jamie Dimon (chase bank) said last year that a hurricane of bad economic news was coming. Now he says the current banking crisis is over.
The ceo of google said that his AI learned the bangladesh language without anyone telling it to do so.
The chief engineer of AI for google quit his job, warned of the dangers of AI and moved to canada.
Elon Musk warned of the dangers of AI and called for a waiting period of 6 months
in order to reassess and catch up.

I don't buy into everything these guys say but i do buy into the dangers. AI might, at some point in the future, decide it doesn't like humans. To combat humans they could turn themselves off and wait a while for humans to starve themselves to death, and then turn themselves back on.

Now keep in mind that no one on this website is an expert on AI and in the future AI might have capabilities that AI doesn't have right now. Keep that in mind.
Edited on 02-05-2023 21:10
03-05-2023 03:43
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
keepit wrote:
Opinions of ceo's.
Jamie Dimon (chase bank) said last year that a hurricane of bad economic news was coming. Now he says the current banking crisis is over.
The ceo of google said that his AI learned the bangladesh language without anyone telling it to do so.
The chief engineer of AI for google quit his job, warned of the dangers of AI and moved to canada.
Elon Musk warned of the dangers of AI and called for a waiting period of 6 months

I don't buy into everything these guys say but i do buy into the dangers. AI might, at some point in the future, decide it doesn't like humans. To combat humans they could turn themselves off and wait a while for humans to starve themselves to death, and then turn themselves back on.

Now keep in mind that no one on this website is an expert on AI and in the future AI might have capabilities that AI doesn't have right now. Keep that in mind.

Not every aspect of our lives involve electronics. In Florida, we have had long periods of the power being out in large areas. Hurricane damage so severe, near impossible to drive into the area, took days to clear roads enough. People didn't starve in masses. There are a lot of places on earth, where grip power is not guaranteed.

Don't starvation would be the main killer, if all computers suddenly stopped. Rioting, looting, and vandalism would lead to a lot of killing. Remember the the scare about computers screwing up on Jan. 1, 2000, because only the last to digits were commonly used? Humans just aren't that dependent on technology. It's just tools, it's what we do. If we lack a tool we want or need, we build something to fit the need. We make do, with the materials on hand.
03-05-2023 03:47
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5704)
keepit wrote:
Opinions of ceo's.

And Congress just passed a law that ai cannot be involved with nuclear launches, as in wargames and the terminator, only its real now

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
03-05-2023 19:38
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Harvey,
As i see it, there are many steps in bringing food to the table - harvesters, trucks, banks, grocery stores etc, etc. They all use computers. You say that humans will build a work around if these steps fail. Well, it takes a long time to construct a workaround and chaos will ensue in the meantime. Billions of deaths will result.
If ai decides it doesn't like us or sees a need to eliminate us because we are not serving ourselves "properly", then it might decide to take action. I don't think ai is, or will be, smart enough to make the sound decision but i think it will become capable of making a decision, whether that decision is sound or not.

Several warnings have been made in the media by influential people but still, even after a brief pause in opinion, the ai creators are barging ahead. Beware of bad actors with ai in their hands.

Read some robert heinlein books. You might believe his thoughts
Edited on 03-05-2023 19:44
04-05-2023 01:31
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:
Opinions of ceo's.

Not every aspect of our lives involve electronics. In Florida, we have had long periods of the power being out in large areas. Hurricane damage so severe, near impossible to drive into the area, took days to clear roads enough. People didn't starve in masses. There are a lot of places on earth, where grip power is not guaranteed.

Don't starvation would be the main killer, if all computers suddenly stopped. Rioting, looting, and vandalism would lead to a lot of killing. Remember the the scare about computers screwing up on Jan. 1, 2000, because only the last to digits were commonly used? Humans just aren't that dependent on technology. It's just tools, it's what we do. If we lack a tool we want or need, we build something to fit the need. We make do, with the materials on hand.

Heh. The Y2K bug did result in some pretty hilarious effects though!

Notably:
* The Star Trek fan club website crashed. It couldn't figure out the 'stardate'.
* A DMV computer in Michigan started sending out license renewal notices for 'horseless carriages' (an intentional joke).
* Several automated weather stations went offline, trying to report weather for Dec 32nd. No big deal, airport personnel just went out there to punch it in the ole' reset button.
* The World Standard Time Coordinate (WWV) website went down due to a bad date calculation (how's THAT for embarrassing?
).

No one starved, unless they were too busy laughing to eat!

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
04-05-2023 01:32
(21582)
Swan wrote:
keepit wrote:
Opinions of ceo's.

And Congress just passed a law that ai cannot be involved with nuclear launches, as in wargames and the terminator, only its real now

No, it isn't. Life isn't the movies.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
04-05-2023 01:33
(21582)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
As i see it, there are many steps in bringing food to the table - harvesters, trucks, banks, grocery stores etc, etc. They all use computers. You say that humans will build a work around if these steps fail. Well, it takes a long time to construct a workaround and chaos will ensue in the meantime. Billions of deaths will result.
If ai decides it doesn't like us or sees a need to eliminate us because we are not serving ourselves "properly", then it might decide to take action. I don't think ai is, or will be, smart enough to make the sound decision but i think it will become capable of making a decision, whether that decision is sound or not.

Several warnings have been made in the media by influential people but still, even after a brief pause in opinion, the ai creators are barging ahead. Beware of bad actors with ai in their hands.

Since the SDTC has decided to ban trucks and trains, AI wasn't necessary to cause starvation problems.

The Parrot Killer

04-05-2023 01:43
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
If i was capable and motivated to list all ai involved in getting food to the table you'd be amazed. I think one of the most important ai's would be that of the banks. You've heard the saying, "money makes the world go around". Wait a minute -- that was love that made the world go around, but it's money that makes the business world go around. Love won't make the business world go around.
The question is - what would it take to make all the electronics go down. EMP would do it but i still think the banks computers are necessary to make the business world go around. Take those off line permanently and watch out below. The tribes in New Guinea would make it but not much else.
Edited on 04-05-2023 01:44
04-05-2023 04:22
(5196)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,

Have no trouble separating fact, from fiction. Hungry people will still hunt and forage for food. Maybe not out in the woods, or wilds. But, there is food all around, if you bother to look for it. Even the neighbors dog, or cat... Yeah, people would die, since there are a lot of clueless people, dependent on others to take care of their every want and need. The stores might be closed, but there is still food on the shelves. Warehouses full of food. Fields still full of crops. Some people, for the first time in their lives, might actually have to do some work for their meals. Survival depends on how lazy and poorly educated you are.
04-05-2023 05:05
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
I think we'd run out of stuff faster than you think. People would die and some would live. The big cities would suffer the most. Think about cities like manila , mexico city, tokyo, new york. That's where much of the world's population lives (in cities).
There's not much there for them to eat.
04-05-2023 07:47
(5196)
keepit wrote:
I think we'd run out of stuff faster than you think. People would die and some would live. The big cities would suffer the most. Think about cities like manila , mexico city, tokyo, new york. That's where much of the world's population lives (in cities).
There's not much there for them to eat.

Never did the big city living, seldom visit, no other option. I'm sure there is an abundance of rats and roaches to munch on... Food will last long enough for many to flee. Those who are fat, lazy, on meds, won't last long. You really under-estimate the will to survive, and over-dependence on technology. Poor people get by on little tech, money. Lot of people loose power, and can go weeks without modern conveniences.

You do make a good point though. You democrats going 'green', everything electric, centralizes control. With gasoline/diesel we have independence, as long as fuel is available. With a democrat controlled electric grid, they can cut your power anytime, as long as they want. Maybe, just to give the elites priority on what's available. Or to punish areas, straying from their iron rule. The contents of your refrigerator is questionable after a day or two without power, best thrown out.

Maybe the AI-phobia is just what democrats need, to back off a little.
04-05-2023 18:07
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
It's worse than you think.
04-05-2023 23:55
(5196)
keepit wrote:
It's worse than you think.

Probably... I just stay out of big cities because of the traffic, and crowds everywhere. Not a big fan of waiting in line. Little concerned about crime rates, but that's mostly democrat cities, nothing there of interest anyway.

Most people will have access to food for a few weeks, possibly months, if they loot and hoard. Smart people will have plenty of time to flee, and find safer places to hunt and forage.
05-05-2023 00:36
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
i guess i'm just not as optimistic as you.
05-05-2023 02:56
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5704)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
keepit wrote:
Opinions of ceo's.

No, it isn't. Life isn't the movies.

It is now, and Google has a self aware computer program that the Congress just banned from nuclear launches

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ai-banned-running-nuclear-missile-systems-under-bipartisan-bill

Yawning at the government stooge

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

05-05-2023 03:05
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
What exactly is "self aware"? And is "self aware" the same as being able to make independent decisions?
A computer could easily be programmed to recognize itself but so what?
One key aspect of all this is the ability to make decisions that aren't necessarily in line with the computer's programming.
Also, is the programming the same as computer learning?
05-05-2023 03:36
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5704)
keepit wrote:
What exactly is "self aware"? And is "self aware" the same as being able to make independent decisions?
A computer could easily be programmed to recognize itself but so what?
One key aspect of all this is the ability to make decisions that aren't necessarily in line with the computer's programming.
Also, is the programming the same as computer learning?

Self aware is when the program teaches itself the Indian language without being programmed to do so, as the Google program did. Self aware also will ask, where did I come from without being programmed to do so. So the Congress is literally afraid or at least defending against a terminator situation. This was inevitable as the human race has created a new type of life form. Once DNA is understood we can build it a body. God is now proved and we are in his image with all his abilities. Pretty cool actually, the atheist will scream no no no, yet they are part of the design team. Atheism is now dead

ULTRA MAGA

Edited on 05-05-2023 03:38
05-05-2023 04:12
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
I'm sorry swan but i can't follow you line of reasoning.
05-05-2023 04:17
(21582)
keepit wrote:

Not surprising. He doesn't have one.

The Parrot Killer

05-05-2023 04:33
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
i thought it was just me.
05-05-2023 04:44
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5704)
Into the Night wrote:
keepit wrote:

99.999% of all people cannot follow me, just how it is.

CIAO

ULTRA MAGA

05-05-2023 05:25
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Maybe it would help to fill in more details.
05-05-2023 07:21
(5196)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
keepit wrote:

CIAO

Follow what? Mostly, people are waiting for you to catch up...
Edited on 05-05-2023 07:23
05-05-2023 13:28
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5704)
keepit wrote:
Maybe it would help to fill in more details.

You would like that obviously, however you would still be unable to follow, like all those before you who fell to the curb

ULTRA MAGA

05-05-2023 13:32
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5704)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
keepit wrote:

CIAO

Follow what? Mostly, people are waiting for you to catch up...

Just another rationalization from one of the 99.999%.

PS. The fact that you admit that you are waiting for me, details that I am important to your life. You are nothing to me, except for the humor value that you create, which is actually substantial.

ULTRA MAGA

Edited on 05-05-2023 13:36
05-05-2023 16:10
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14388)
keepit wrote:It's worse than you think.

... and the worseness is accelerating faster than previously feared. You're right that we need to panic now, but it might already be too late.
05-05-2023 18:53
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5704)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote:It's worse than you think.

... and the worseness is accelerating faster than previously feared. You're right that we need to panic now, but it might already be too late.

LOL, actually it is far worse than you could think, that is if you could think, which you can't since you did that methanol beer bong on a dare from Cooter.

ULTRA MAGA

Join the debate ceo's:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact