Remember me
▼ Content

CDC Director

CDC Director17-08-2020 05:59
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
According to CDC Director Redfield there may be trouble coming down the pike. In his words, "This fall could be the worst we have ever seen."
17-08-2020 06:57
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:
According to CDC Director Redfield there may be trouble coming down the pike. In his words, "This fall could be the worst we have ever seen."

It's not the job of a person in such a position to say "The End Is Coming". So far the pandemic has made media idols out of medical professionals. Can you give us a high death toll says the media. And the answer is "what do you want to hear".
It's not for a public official to say we'll have over 200,00 deaths by this date. And yet public officials are predicting deaths. They are not saying that safe practices will prevent deaths. Nope, they are saying this many people will die and we can't prevent it.
Banana Republic comes to mind. Since I'm a nice guy, I would only shoot any public official that is predicting a death toll. I'd start with them and go from there.
They should be saying that so many deaths could be prevented if people masked up and washed their hands. But they're not saying that. Is that because "safe" practices don't work?
17-08-2020 07:03
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
James,
The officials are saying a lot of things, among them, "Mask up and wash your hands."
17-08-2020 07:12
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:
James,
The officials are saying a lot of things, among them, "Mask up and wash your hands."

Dr. Fauci also said, don't wear masks, we have a pandemic coming. He is the country's leading expert. And that was his advice. Am I wrong if I disagree with him?

had to edit. accidentally mixed up the possessive with the plural of the noun "country". It describes a person, place or thing. I did learn Engleske en l'ecole. Il est vrais. J'etude beucoup.

Edited on 17-08-2020 07:28
17-08-2020 07:27
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
That's not what he's saying now. I guess he made a mistake early. I've heard it was because he wanted to save the masks for health care workers. I'm not sure that was the correct thing to say but he definitely regrets it.

As i understand it, a medical grade N95 mask helps. There are some industrial grade (model 8210 , i think) that are out there but aren't as effective.
Edited on 17-08-2020 07:32
17-08-2020 07:44
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:
That's not what he's saying now. I guess he made a mistake early. I've heard it was because he wanted to save the masks for health care workers. I'm not sure that was the correct thing to say but he definitely regrets it.

Fauci should be fired. He made jokes about the virus. As the nation's leading expert on such diseases, he should never be laughing at how we can do nothing when he is the #1 expert on infectious diseases in the country.
I saw the video clip on YouTube. It seems he loves being Rock Star. And the worse Covid 19 becomes in the US, the bigger he becomes. He was no one before this.
https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/06/22/united-states-europe-coronavirus-covid-19-pandemic-comparison-sanjay-gupta-ldn-vpx.cnn

And not CNN;

There are now about 30,000 new cases per day in the United States, about 10 times higher than the roughly 3,000 new cases per day in the European Union, according to data compiled by Our World in Data.
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/503946-us-covid-19-cases-rise-marking-ugly-contrast-with-europe

And in the US, Fauci alone seems to determine what we do. He is King.

p.s., the EU has about 33% more people than the US.
Edited on 17-08-2020 08:00
17-08-2020 10:39
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
keepit wrote:

I've been saying that for months, and I'm no expert. There is no quick, simple, or cheap way to separate one respiratory infection, from another. They all have very similar symptoms, initially, which means they all will be considered covid-19. Likely the same as they are doing now, except it'll be cold an flu season. Pretty much every school will be shutdown, many business. We all will like be herded back into hiding in the basement, waiting for the miracle vaccine.

In our focus on avoiding infection to covid-19, we are also avoiding the usual number of people getting infected with the more common cold and flu viruses. All of which were pandemic viruses, when new to the human population, just like covid-19. A majority of the population had gotten infected, and gain immunity. They became common, but there is still enough people who were never infected to keep them spreading around. Kids, of course don't start off immune to much of anything. The common viruses don't spread as quickly, because of the herd immunity, which depends on maintaining a certain majority of the population, having been infected sometime in the past. We aren't maintaining our herd immunity. A lot of the common viruses, will rise to epidemic levels, the more we avoid exposure. We aren't even half way through this pandemic. 2-3 years is normal for most, but we've never tried a hide in the basement response before. 2021 will be a bad year all around, even with the vaccines starting to be administered. The vaccines aren't likely to be as effective as a flu shot, which is averaging about 60%. It's unlikely there will be enough people vaccinated, to see a huge improvement by the end of 2021. There will still be the common cold and flu season, which is going to get worse each year, we wear masks, and hide in the basement. No real good way to test for which specific virus, is causing the respiratory infection. No way of knowing how effective the vaccine was for covid-19. Basically, this could go on for a very long time, or they can just let nature take it's course. Comes down to politics.
17-08-2020 16:32
DRKTS
★★☆☆☆
(305)
James___ wrote:

Fauci should be fired. He made jokes about the virus.

Trump should be fired, he made jokes about the virus. The vast number of stupid things he said, misinformation he spread, and lies he told which were later referred to as jokes by the WH.
17-08-2020 17:12
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21597)
keepit wrote:

Already fanning the flames for paranoia is he?
You fear mongering is all alike.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
17-08-2020 17:13
(21597)
keepit wrote:

As i understand it, a medical grade N95 mask helps. There are some industrial grade (model 8210 , i think) that are out there but aren't as effective.

Masks do absolutely nothing. They do not stop a virus. You might as well wear a tea strainer on your face.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
17-08-2020 17:16
(21597)
DRKTS wrote:
James___ wrote:

Fauci should be fired. He made jokes about the virus.

Trump should be fired, he made jokes about the virus. The vast number of stupid things he said, misinformation he spread, and lies he told which were later referred to as jokes by the WH.

Then fire Fauci, CNN, Pelosi, AOC, the Democrat Party, the Associated Press, the New York Times, the LA Times, and MSNBC as well.

The Parrot Killer

17-08-2020 22:23
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
James,
If you've become alienated by Dr. Fauci, try listening or read Dr. Scott Gottlieb. He's a former chief of the FDA and currently doesn't seem to me to be politically influenced. He seems to be most interested in medical science.

ITN,
I think you're overly concerned about "fear mongering" about covid19. Keep in mind that any pandemic starts with low percentages. It may be that the numbers will grow to very alarming percentages (they already are).
Do you consider precautions taken in aviation to be fear mongering? Most of them pertain to events that only happen rarely.
17-08-2020 22:57
(5197)
One the sixth day of infection, many patients felt a splitting, mind numbing headache. Their blood began to boil, organs melting. On the seventh day, abdomens literally exploded, flinging blood parts of entrails to every corner of the room. Shower on person present with a foul smelling, viscous fluid, sort of a dark blue-green color. Many of those who witness the horror, gagged and vomited in their holy protective masks. Several, choked to death on their stomach contents, unable to remove the masks quickly enough, to clear their airway.
18-08-2020 07:59
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14406)
James___ wrote: Fauci should be fired. He made jokes about the virus.

Too funny! Did you just imply that jokes are fireable offenses?
------------

[microphone feedback] Is this thing on? Hello?

I'm thinking of starting a support group with Harvey called the "Branch Covidians." We'll make basement calls!

The Olympic committee is considering adding an event: Synchronized Social Distancing. Judges deduct points if athletes get too close or masks drop below the nose.

Young Guns III: "VENTILATORS!"

Attached image:

18-08-2020 08:03
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14406)
HarveyH55 wrote:
One the sixth day of infection, many patients felt a splitting, mind numbing headache. Their blood began to boil, organs melting. On the seventh day, abdomens literally exploded, flinging blood parts of entrails to every corner of the room. Shower on person present with a foul smelling, viscous fluid, sort of a dark blue-green color. Many of those who witness the horror, gagged and vomited in their holy protective masks. Several, choked to death on their stomach contents, unable to remove the masks quickly enough, to clear their airway.

Harvey, help me out here. I just tuned in and I'm reading your post and I'm not getting it. What am I missing?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
18-08-2020 20:24
(21597)
keepit wrote:
James,
If you've become alienated by Dr. Fauci,

I really don't blame him.
keepit wrote:
try listening or read Dr. Scott Gottlieb. He's a former chief of the FDA and currently doesn't seem to me to be politically influenced. He seems to be most interested in medical science.

Everyone is politically influenced. Science isn't a scientist or a doctor. Science is a set of falsifiable theories.
keepit wrote:
ITN,
I think you're overly concerned about "fear mongering" about covid19.

Not a bit of it. You are fear mongering.
keepit wrote:
Keep in mind that any pandemic starts with low percentages.

Not true.
keepit wrote:
It may be that the numbers will grow to very alarming percentages

There are none with Covid19.
keepit wrote:
(they already are).

Lie. Fear mongering. Argument from randU fallacy.
keepit wrote:
Do you consider precautions taken in aviation to be fear mongering?

Such as?
keepit wrote:
Most of them pertain to events that only happen rarely.

Most of what? Void argument fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

19-08-2020 10:51
(5197)
IBdaMann wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Harvey, help me out here. I just tuned in and I'm reading your post and I'm not getting it. What am I missing?

I was getting through one way, so figure I'd try the Keepit language for a while. Maybe if I can out fear monger him, covid won't look like it's actually worse than a common cold.

It's really amazing how they haven't deployed the National Guard, to help deal with the massive numbers of people being quarantined. Armed men ate every plague house, and business closed down do to fatalities. There are just too many people escaping quarantine, or illegally entering contaminated areas, that haven't been thoroughly sanitized. Walmart must have dozens of people fall down, coughing up blooded chunks of lung tissue. Often dying right there in the toilet paper isle, before a containment crew can arrive. They don't even seem to shutdown to haul out the dead bodies either, just business as usually. No telling if the mop dude is cleaning up body fluids, or a broke glass jug of tomato juice. Judging from the variety of shoe prints, tracking the mess, many shoppers didn't notice, or care what they were stepping in. And obviously, must have taken a while to get around to cleaning it up. Seems like they should be doing more than throwing down a single yellow caution cone.

How come they aren't passing out free masks, and sanitary body bags? It can't be healthy, just leaving dead body out at the curb, for pick up, in a day or two (depending on how daily fatalities). There is a serious shortage of body bags, people must be really hoarding those things. Can't recall the last time seeing any on the shelves, at any store. Plenty of masks and toilet paper, no body bags.

Join the debate CDC Director:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
CDC Data Reveals. Majority of COVID-19 Deaths in America Occur Among the Vaccinated & Boosted030-11-2022 20:38
Remember when the CDC experimented on 400 black men by giving them syphilis5524-11-2022 21:01
CDC admits that everything they said about covid-19 was f-cked up bull crock218-08-2022 19:50
IF the CDC announced tomorrow...520-03-2021 21:15
Climate change is costing Hydro-Québec millions, director-general says123-04-2019 19:49
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact