16-11-2019 09:51
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
LynLove wrote:
What is the causes of climate change?

Define 'climate change'.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
16-11-2019 10:06
LynLove
☆☆☆☆☆
(4)
Climate change is any significant long-term change in the expected patterns of average weather of a region or the whole Earth over a significant period of time. Climate change is about abnormal variation to the climate and the effects of these variations on other parts of the Earth.
16-11-2019 12:18
(21582)
LynLove wrote:
Climate change is any significant long-term change in the expected patterns of average weather of a region or the whole Earth over a significant period of time.
Define 'long term'. Millennia? Centuries? Years? Days? Hours? Minutes? Seconds? Define what the 'expected patterns of weather' is. Define what you consider to be 'significant'. You cannot define 'climate change' as 'climate change'. You cannot define any word or phrase with itself or any other undefined word or phrase.
LynLove wrote:
Climate change is about abnormal variation to the climate
Define 'abnormal'. Climate has no quantitative value and is not made of of any quantitative values. Things like 'desert climate', 'marine climate', 'arable climate', etc. have no quantitative values. What is changing? What 'variation' do you speak of? A variation by it's nature is quantifiable, yet climate itself is not quantifiable nor is made up of any quantifiable thing.
LynLove wrote:
and the effects of these variations on other parts of the Earth.

What 'effects'? What 'variations'? Define 'climate change'. You cannot define it with itself. Circular definitions don't work.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 16-11-2019 12:21
16-11-2019 16:49
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
LynLove wrote:

The solar minimum and maximum vary naturally. The cause of these cycles haven't been identified IMHO. It is IMHO possible that the earth's orbit changes slightly. If so then these changes in its orbit can be known.
Aquifer and water table depletion are another form of climate change. So is ozone depletion. Scientists have yet to verify the specific amount of change in the energy in our atmosphere as a result of ozone depletion or increased levels of CO2.
A somewhat technical aspect of this is how much more water vapor is in the atmosphere as a result of more CO2 being in our atmosphere? This might be the real issue with the amount of CO2 in our atmosphere.
Oceans are warmer than the air above the land is. Is this because of water vapor or?
16-11-2019 20:26
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
LynLove wrote:
Climate change is any significant long-term change in the expected patterns of average weather of a region or the whole Earth over a significant period of time. Climate change is about abnormal variation to the climate and the effects of these variations on other parts of the Earth.

We really don't what is normal, since this is our first inter-glacial period, as a semi-civilized society. We really haven't had the tools to make the needed measurements, and observations very long, in the context of this inter-glacier period. A standardized method for measuring temperature, was started in 1886, and new monitoring stations have been added every year. The data is useful for some things, in areas, but not as a global indication, over time, since the data source quantity, and quality keep changing. CO2 monitoring only started in 1960, and new stations have been added over the years. CO2 is only about 0.04% of the total atmospheric volume of the planet. Not all of which is in the atmosphere either, so we really don't know how much is actually out there. The 'catastrophic' increases in CO2 and temperature, globally, are really tiny numbers, with respect to the entire planet.

Mostly, I believe that Climate Change was based on a flawed observation, and computational errors, based on faulty data. Rather than admit the mistake, some people thought it a great source of research grants, that could fund many related fields. The money aspect just kept growing, and other people wanted in on some easy money. All that money, political, economic power, hard to resist making use of it. It stop being about a mistaken observation, a long time ago. We have a couple hundred years worth of mostly reliable weather observations to look through, and it really doesn't show we are trending worst weather, or changing patterns. The crisis is entirely political and economic control. The scariest part is that plant life dies off, when CO2 levels drop below 150 ppm. the IPCC goal, is to reduce atmospheric levels to 280 ppm, or less. Plants are the only food source, that takes carbon out of the environment, solely from CO2. All life is made up of carbon-based molecules. No plants, no life on earth. We can live with/adapt to any weather conditions, but we can't survive without food containing organic, carbon-based molecules. Really cutting our prospects of living kind of close. the ideal CO2 level for plant growth is actually in the 700-1200 ppm range. They do their best in that range for a reason, it's genetic, and goes back long before we walked the earth.
16-11-2019 20:38
olyz
★☆☆☆☆
(87)
N and S America were once joined to Europe and Africa. The crust of the earth is floating on a sea of liquid iron.
If weight decreases in one place and increases somewhere else, land and sea masses rise and fall.
Is that "Climate change?"
Edited on 16-11-2019 20:42
16-11-2019 22:36
(21582)
James___ wrote:
LynLove wrote:

The solar minimum and maximum vary naturally. The cause of these cycles haven't been identified IMHO. It is IMHO possible that the earth's orbit changes slightly. If so then these changes in its orbit can be known.
Aquifer and water table depletion are another form of climate change. So is ozone depletion. Scientists have yet to verify the specific amount of change in the energy in our atmosphere as a result of ozone depletion or increased levels of CO2.
A somewhat technical aspect of this is how much more water vapor is in the atmosphere as a result of more CO2 being in our atmosphere? This might be the real issue with the amount of CO2 in our atmosphere.
Oceans are warmer than the air above the land is. Is this because of water vapor or?

CO2 is not capable of warming the Earth. You can't create energy out of nothing.

The Parrot Killer

16-11-2019 22:37
(21582)
olyz wrote:
N and S America were once joined to Europe and Africa. The crust of the earth is floating on a sea of liquid iron.
If weight decreases in one place and increases somewhere else, land and sea masses rise and fall.
Is that "Climate change?"

No.

The Parrot Killer

Join the debate Causes of climate changes:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact