Remember me
▼ Content

Carnot

Carnot12-02-2020 20:45
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Carnot invented the 2nd law (entropy) even though he didn't know what entropy was. A good example of someone's formula being smarter than they were.
Some here don't know what climate or climate change is. Some do however.
12-02-2020 21:51
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14403)
keepit wrote:Carnot invented the 2nd law (entropy) even though he didn't know what entropy was.

You are becoming more efficient. You are finding ways to express multiple errors in each sentence.

1) Carnot did not invent the second law of thermodynamics; he PRESUMED it to be true
2) Carnot used the second law of thermodynamics in a mathematical proof of heat engines which is why it is not really called a law but rather a "theorem," "principle" or "rule."
3) The second law of thermodynamics does not focus on entropy but on usable energy, especially when usable energy reaches zero.

Ya' dun perrty good f'r only fourteen words. I've only seen professional-grade random word generators outdo you.

keepit wrote: A good example of someone's formula being smarter than they were.

1. Carnot's theorem was not smarter than he was
2. "Someone" is singular and "they" is plural. There needs to be agreement between those two words ... unless, of course, you are competing with professional-grade random word generators.

keepit wrote: Some here don't know what climate or climate change is. Some do however.

So why don't you know? Are you merely coming clean?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
12-02-2020 21:56
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Listen to yourself IBDM. It's just a mass of semantics and not constructive.
12-02-2020 22:46
(14403)
keepit wrote: Listen to yourself IBDM. It's just a mass of semantics ...

Semantics? Yes. This is a message board. Semantics is what I post because I'm not posting random words. I take it you don't quite grasp how message boards work.

keepit wrote: ... and not constructive.

How constructive can I possibly be if I'm not recommending that you just not post?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
12-02-2020 23:58
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
keepit wrote:

They listen to yous keepit. Yous just didn't like they response.
13-02-2020 00:16
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
keepit wrote:
Carnot invented the 2nd law (entropy) even though he didn't know what entropy was. A good example of someone's formula being smarter than they were.
Some here don't know what climate or climate change is. Some do however.

Good example keepit. I didn't know about Carnot.

I tried to talk about Pierre Provost the first scientist to describe net thermal radiation but as you know these guys ran for the hills at the site of that thread:
https://www.climate-debate.com/forum/max-planck-and-pierre-prevost-on-net-thermal-radiation-and-net-heat-d10-e2793.php

What did IBD say? OH yeah, nothing at all:
IBdaMann wrote:
The race has started. You gate has opened but you won't come out. You've got people outside encouraging you to come on out and start running, but you cling to the back of the stall like you are spooked by something.

And then he gave up instantly, after saying nothing at all:
IBdaMann wrote:
There have been too many responses, all ignored by you, for me to continue.

And ITN?:
Into the Night wrote:
Contextomy fallacy.
Yeah, illuminating.

When you see someone run and hide it's beyond suspicious.
13-02-2020 00:24
(3314)
LIE.

You've been directly responded to about that topic numerous times.
13-02-2020 00:45
(3979)
gfm7175 wrote:
LIE.

Prove it.
13-02-2020 03:33
(14403)
tmiddles wrote:And then he gave up instantly, after saying nothing at all

When you see someone run and hide it's beyond suspicious.

SZ2, SZ2, ... Subduction Zone all over again.

13-02-2020 03:36
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
You do realize your post is meaningless to me and most people who read it.

Use a private language in a private place.
13-02-2020 04:08
(14403)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
You do realize your post is meaningless to me ...

How would it be any different if I had posted anything else?

13-02-2020 04:43
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

You're abusing the board by posting nonsense. Please refrain from doing so.
13-02-2020 05:07
(14403)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

You're abusing the board by bullying posters as though you were the moderator. Please refrain from doing so.

13-02-2020 05:20
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:...bullying posters ...

Awe IBD do you you feel bullied? I did say please.

I'm sorry if I made you feel threatened in any way. Don't worry you're in a safe place. I can only post my request that you be understandable, I can't force it on you.
13-02-2020 18:13
(14403)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

You're abusing the board by bullying posters as though you were the moderator. Please refrain from doing so.

Good catch. I meant to write "attempting to bully posters." My bad. I did not mean to imply that you were succeeding.

14-02-2020 00:15
(3314)
14-02-2020 00:16
(3314)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Prove it.
14-02-2020 00:42
(3979)
gfm7175 wrote:
Prove it.

IBdaMann wrote:
This is meaningless to anyone just coming to the board and certainly to me. As such it is just random characters to others, possibly a private language for some. IBD could be posting in German and it would be more useable as communication.
14-02-2020 01:13
(14403)
tmiddles wrote: IBD could be posting in German and it would be more useable as communication.

Darum geht es also? Du willst nur, dass ich auf Deutsch poste? Warum hast du das vorher nicht gesagt?

14-02-2020 01:48
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:Darum ...
You disrespect the board IBD.
14-02-2020 02:20
(14403)
tmiddles wrote:

Sie sprechen immer noch nicht für die Tafel. Mir ist klar, dass du mir nicht glaubst.

Auf der anderen Seite beleidigen Sie die Intelligenz aller.

20-02-2020 19:00
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21596)
keepit wrote:

Your typical cop-out. Mantra 15. IBDM is correct. Carnot did not invent the 2nd law of thermodynamics. He simply assumed it to be true.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
20-02-2020 19:05
(21596)
tmiddles wrote:
...deleted parroting...Mantras 4...15...33...22...20a2...29...30...16...30...8...attempted force of negative proof fallacy...

No argument presented. RQAA.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
20-02-2020 19:06
(21596)
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
LIE.

Prove it.

Mantra 7

The Parrot Killer

20-02-2020 19:08
(21596)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
You do realize your post is meaningless to me and most people who read it.

Use a private language in a private place.

Mantra 21...23...29

SZ2 has already been explained to you.

The Parrot Killer

20-02-2020 19:09
(21596)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Mantra 17.

The Parrot Killer

20-02-2020 19:10
(21596)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:...bullying posters ...

I'm sorry if I made you feel threatened in any way. Don't worry you're in a safe place. I can only post my request that you be understandable, I can't force it on you.

Mantra 3...29

The Parrot Killer

20-02-2020 19:13
(21596)
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Prove it.

IBdaMann wrote:
This is meaningless to anyone just coming to the board and certainly to me. As such it is just random characters to others, possibly a private language for some. IBD could be posting in German and it would be more useable as communication.

Seika 29...15...30...

The Parrot Killer

20-02-2020 19:14
(21596)
tmiddles wrote:

Seika 17.

The Parrot Killer

Join the debate Carnot:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact