Remember me
▼ Content

Capture and Sequester

Capture and Sequester11-06-2020 02:31
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
A while back, CO2 capture and Sequestering was being promoted as a milestone tool in saving the planet. With solar and wind farms not being the answer to all of our green energy need, the planet warming, at an alarming rate... So, what happened? I was a little curious to see if the planet would soon be saved from the 'evil' CO2, and it was be safely being sequestered, in bowels of hell, from which it escaped. I was a little disappointed to see that not much has changed in the 4-5 years, the brilliant idea sort of fizzled, we're all going to die, a fiery death. Thankfully, I don't live anywhere near California, Minneapolis, or Norway...
11-06-2020 05:26
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14394)
HarveyH55 wrote:
A while back, CO2 capture and Sequestering was being promoted as a milestone tool in saving the planet. With solar and wind farms not being the answer to all of our green energy need, the planet warming, at an alarming rate... So, what happened? I was a little curious to see if the planet would soon be saved from the 'evil' CO2, and it was be safely being sequestered, in bowels of hell, from which it escaped. I was a little disappointed to see that not much has changed in the 4-5 years, the brilliant idea sort of fizzled, we're all going to die, a fiery death. Thankfully, I don't live anywhere near California, Minneapolis, or Norway...

As long as we are reminiscing about recent times, I believe that you arrived just a little too late to Climate-Debate to have experienced trafn, the first and only moderator who wigged out and became the first person banned from this site.

This is how it all started. You haven't experienced fanatical lunacy until you read this:

trafn wrote:
Hi,

I'm glad to being joining this forum, and I look forward to exchanging ideas.

Back in 2014, I wrote a book titled "Bursting the Atmosphere: what happens when rain falls up" (free PDF below, and available on Amazon). Using the Ideal Gas Law and thermodynamics, this book explains how climate change will progress due to the continued increase of man-made greenhouse gases, yet there will be no major increase in global temperatures: some fluctuations, but no major increases. At first (i.e. - now), the temperature will be moderated by the melting of the polar ice caps, sea ice, and other major ice formations like Greenland, glaciers and mountain range snow caps. Next, once the majority of these frozen water resources have melted, global temperature will continue to be moderated by the evaporation of planetary surface water from our oceans, seas, lakes, rivers, ponds, streams, etc., much in the same way as we sweat to stay cool when exercising. As our planet's atmosphere is not restrained by a hard outer shell, this mass-scale surface evaporation will lead to atmospheric expansion which, in turn, will raise all layers of our atmosphere above their current heights. Through this expansion, the tropopause - the highest elevation water vapor usually rises in the atmosphere before condensing and returning to the planet's surface as rain, snow, hail, etc. - will rise to levels where the sun's solar winds can knock water molecules en-masse into outer space, leading to a complete exodus of all planetary water, the total dehydration of Earth, and the extinction of all life on this planet.

While this is far from a cheery scenario, I am fascinated by the fact that for the first time in history, we can talk of "End of the Earth" in real-time scientific terms instead of biblical dogma.

I'm preparing to write the 2nd edition of this book, and I'd like to hear your thoughts. I've attached a free PDF of the book which you can share with others (BurstingTheAtmosphere_1stEdition2014.pdf).

PS - If you read the book, please let me know if you find any typos. I already know about "Steven Hawkins" (oops - sorry Steve) and that I got Mars and Venus backwards (what can I say, it's not easy juggling planets). But seriously, I highly value your input, corrections, and any additions you share. My contact info is on the second page of the PDF.

By the way, he did NOT appreciate my input ... or Into the Night's input. Check out his signature.

The 2015 M2C2 (Global 9/11) Denialist Troll Awards

1st Place - Jep Branner - Our Stupid Administrator!
2nd Place - IBdaMann - Science IS cherry picking!
3rd Place - Into the Night - Mr. Nonsense numbers!
4th Place - Tim the plumber - The Drivel Queen!

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
11-06-2020 05:32
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:

Thankfully you are still suckling your mums teet. After that, I can't make sense of what you are saying. Am suckling mums teet and life as a calf is good. I won't have to join the herd because that is for calves that have left the teet.
11-06-2020 05:40
(14394)
James___ wrote:Am suckling mums teet and life as a calf is good. I won't have to join the herd because that is for calves that have left the teet.

... and you don't remember trafn either. gaaaaaah. He makes tmiddles seem rational and honest.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
11-06-2020 05:44
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:Am suckling mums teet and life as a calf is good. I won't have to join the herd because that is for calves that have left the teet.

... and you don't remember trafn either. gaaaaaah. He makes tmiddles seem rational and honest.

Sadly, we're talking about calving here. The past really doesn't matter. It's if today's herd has any bulls. If not, then it's just another herd.
11-06-2020 05:57
(14394)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Sadly, we're talking about calving here. The past really doesn't matter. It's if today's herd has any bulls. If not, then it's just another herd.

Of course the past matters. You should be lamenting the departure of trafn ... he would be making you look like a genius. And then there was Ceist. I don't think he ever made a contribution. He posted a lot but only to insult people.

Good times!

So what's all this about calving?

11-06-2020 06:18
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Of course the past matters. You should be lamenting the departure of trafn ... he would be making you look like a genius. And then there was Ceist. I don't think he ever made a contribution. He posted a lot but only to insult people.

Good times!

So what's all this about calving?

I am actually congratulating you for thinking. People don't do that. But what you posted was your own thought. I absolutely love it. You understand that herds are not about bulls and calving.
As for me, that you had your own thought, I loved it. You see, people can follow an ideal but they can't say that something isn't quite right. You knew something was off and I can't repeat that. If I did, you might not post your own thought again.
For me, I simply love it.
Edited on 11-06-2020 06:19
11-06-2020 06:26
(14394)
James___ wrote: I am actually congratulating you for thinking. People don't do that. But what you posted was your own thought. I absolutely love it. You understand that herds are not about bulls and calving.
As for me, that you had your own thought, I loved it. You see, people can follow an ideal but they can't say that something isn't quite right. You knew something was off and I can't repeat that. If I did, you might not post your own thought again.

I have to ask, is this your first compliment on Climate-Debate? Have I earned a bonus-point? I've never earned one before. This would be my first.

11-06-2020 06:42
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote: I am actually congratulating you for thinking. People don't do that. But what you posted was your own thought. I absolutely love it. You understand that herds are not about bulls and calving.

I have to ask, is this your first compliment on Climate-Debate? Have I earned a bonus-point? I've never earned one before. This would be my first.

This isn't a bonus point. It's an I Thank You.
11-06-2020 16:26
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to you too, James...
11-06-2020 16:35
(14394)
James___ wrote: This isn't a bonus point. It's an I Thank You.

I will annotate that. Thank you. Have a great day.

Join the debate Capture and Sequester:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Biden wants to force 'carbon capture'821-06-2023 12:55
Geneticaly modifying plants and trees for carbon capture?411-06-2022 09:21
CREATING METHANE FROM CAPTURED CARBON DIOXIDE AND THE FUTURE OF CARBON CAPTURE210-10-2021 07:04
Can CO2 capture be a starter for geothermal energy?2017-02-2021 01:49
The Savior Reveal The Best Solution For World CO2 Carbon Capture To Combat Global Warming124-01-2021 16:15
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact