Page 2 of 3<123>
17-09-2020 20:25
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
gfm7175 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

If true, so?

From now on, if you continue to ignore what I type to you in favor of repetitious argumentation and buzzwords, I am going to begin responding to you using ITN's Mantra List...

I have responded by pointing out weather events that qualify as severe, beyond typical weather conditions, within a historical time range, in the place where the severe weather events occured.

... so?

I'm failing to grasp what the big deal is... You are claiming that weather you perceive as "severe" and "beyond typical" is due to something called "climate change". WTF is "climate change"?? How does an unquantifiable thing such as climate "change"?

We currently have 5 named storms in the tropics. Last time this happened, was 2005. In 2005 the climate cult prophesied it was a sign, that the end was near, proof the carbon god was angry, and global warming was going to continue to produce stronger storms, more frequently... After 2005, we had it kind of mild for 15 years. Instead of the usual 3 major hurricanes hit Florida, we get maybe one, that weakens considerably after making landfall, usually down to a tropical storm, within hours. A tropical storm is still badass, but not like a Cat 3 hurricane from the past, which would keep up the speed, about halfway through Florida, before dropping down some.

I grew up on the west coast, and California wildfires were in the news, pretty much the same then, as they are now. Not sure what's really changed...
17-09-2020 20:33
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14411)
HarveyH55 wrote:I grew up on the west coast, and California wildfires were in the news, pretty much the same then, as they are now. Not sure what's really changed...

Nothing has changed; California has its annual fire season.

What surprisingly has never changed is how the rest of the country keeps hearing about California's fires each year and is aghast, completely shocked to hear about them, like each one is so totally unexpected. Someone asked me just two days ago if I had heard about the wildfire out in California. I so wanted to ask "Did you not hear about ALL the others?"

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
17-09-2020 21:33
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21598)
IBdaMann wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:I grew up on the west coast, and California wildfires were in the news, pretty much the same then, as they are now. Not sure what's really changed...

Nothing has changed; California has its annual fire season.

What surprisingly has never changed is how the rest of the country keeps hearing about California's fires each year and is aghast, completely shocked to hear about them, like each one is so totally unexpected. Someone asked me just two days ago if I had heard about the wildfire out in California. I so wanted to ask "Did you not hear about ALL the others?"

Of course the arsonists running around the SOTC right now doesn't help.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
17-09-2020 23:14
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1643)
HarveyH55 wrote:

Doesn't wildfires produce a huge volume of CO2? What's California's carbon-footprint, when they fail to manage their natural resources? Who gets the carbon tax bill, for this planet-killing, carbon blunder?

11,000 lightning strikes? Wimps... Florida gets over 2 million a year, would doubt we get that in a single storm, several times a year. Strange, that we don't see the huge wildfire damage of California.

Chemical table and explanation of wood smoke. Yes it contains CO2.

https://www.thoughtco.com/smoke-chemistry-607309#:~:text=Chemicals%20in%20Smoke,-In%20addition%20to&text=Aldehydes%20found%20in%20wood%20smoke,%2C%20phenol%2C%20syringol%20and%20catechol.

Some wildfires PG&E claims responsibility for and the corporation has pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter. Others are accidents which some people get caught and fined for. Some speculate arsonists start fires, but what interest does an arsonist have to burn deadwood in remote or very uninhabited areas? And others are qualified as natural disasters or acts of God.

I'm not aware of a carbon tax that has passed as law yet... Are you?

Florida gets almost 4 times as much rainfall as California.
17-09-2020 23:17
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Canada has a carbon tax
17-09-2020 23:37
(1643)
gfm7175 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

They aren't, as the "average" that you are using to base this off of is likewise insignificant.

Oh no!! That CO2 has nowhere to go once it runs into the Rocky Mountains!! IT'S TRAPPED! TRAPPED I TELL YA!!!

Is THIS the Mother Nature that you are referencing by any chance?

[QUOTE]Climate: proper noun
The heroine of the Global Warming mythology, Climate is the Democratic People's Goddess. Born out of the Scientific Consensus, She oversees the central planning and administration of all weather, ecosystems, and local climates across the globe, as well as all interactions thereof. Climate is responsible for the care and well-being of all life on earth. In other faiths She is called Gaia, Durga, Mother Nature, et. al.

Note: Climate, by her nature, never changes but she is believed to be constantly changing, thus forming the grand mystery of the Global Warming faith. This is a core tenet of Settled Science.

Global Warming Mythology Reference Manual

No the averages I'm looking at are considerable time.

Dude obviously 3.5 million acres burned in 1 month in CA is way above the average of 600,000 acres per year for the past 30+ years. It's statistically significant. 10 years of drought is also statistically significant.

If you believe Earth is NOT in a closed system, I could see why you might not consider climate change to be alarming. But I don't believe that and thus do consider climate change to be alarming.

If you want to keep ignoring the signs, go ahead.
Edited on 17-09-2020 23:39
17-09-2020 23:46
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Spongy are you making the data fit the event.Have a good look at a picture of the planet from space then consider how a tiny increase of a trace element that may possibly be able to reflect light can alter weather patterns.
17-09-2020 23:58
(1643)
duncan61 wrote:

You raise interesting points that I would like to share my veiws on.CO2 does not stack up it dissolves in the atmosphere very well.I am taking readings and it is consistant where I am.Wind is created when hot air rizes and draws cold air in and is totaly unpredictable.I have to go more later

I'm not sure CO2 is dissolved much in the atmosphere , but binds to soils, rocks and dissolves in oceans, and bodies of water, and is used by plants to make oxygen.

Wind at least looks predictable in that it will prevail in moving west in the tropics and east in the rest of the world.

High pressure air can block wind too.

But the more local whirlwinds patterns in the wind seem unpredictable.
18-09-2020 00:09
(1643)
James___ wrote:

It would have to do with the ceiling height rising more at the equator. It chases the Sun. With the experiment that you mentioned, the Foucault pendulum and it's swing might show a distortion in the curvature of the Earth.

I don't know what you're talking about...

I thought hot air moves to cold air? Why would it chase the sun?
18-09-2020 00:21
(1643)
Into the Night wrote:

This comment is just as speculative mine are...
18-09-2020 00:31
(1643)
duncan61 wrote:
Spongy are you making the data fit the event.Have a good look at a picture of the planet from space then consider how a tiny increase of a trace element that may possibly be able to reflect light can alter weather patterns.

I never said CO2 could alter wind patterns, did I?

An item of interest mentioned was 10 years of drought in California.

That drought seems to have been the result of westerly winds being blocked by high air pressure called the, "ridiculously resilient ridge." Not sure what caused that, but it sure seems like it was significant doesn't it?
18-09-2020 00:32
(1643)
duncan61 wrote:
Canada has a carbon tax

Oh I see. Looks like people pay for it at the pump.
18-09-2020 00:48
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
Spongy Iris wrote: ... continued fear mongering about "climate change" while refusing to define it...

Summarily dismissed.
18-09-2020 00:50
(3314)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

No, it is known that arsonists are running around... It is known that arsonists have started some of these fires... This is not speculation.
Edited on 18-09-2020 00:50
18-09-2020 00:54
(1643)
gfm7175 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

No, it is known that arsonists are running around... It is known that arsonists have started some of these fires... This is not speculation.

I must have missed them being arrested. Got any articles to share about their arrests?
18-09-2020 00:59
(1643)
gfm7175 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote: ... continued fear mongering about "climate change" while refusing to define it...

Summarily dismissed.

No Spongy Iris did not write what you have quoted.

I have defined it. Measurements of weather events that fall outside of average historical measurements. And I have cited 3 examples.

Like I said, if you want to ignore the signs, go ahead. Maybe I'm being too sensitive to them or maybe not.
18-09-2020 01:18
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
Is there any actual evidence arsonists are starting the fires on the west coast and if so, who are they, and what is their motive?
18-09-2020 01:54
(21598)
Spongy Iris wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

They aren't, as the "average" that you are using to base this off of is likewise insignificant.

Oh no!! That CO2 has nowhere to go once it runs into the Rocky Mountains!! IT'S TRAPPED! TRAPPED I TELL YA!!!

Is THIS the Mother Nature that you are referencing by any chance?

[QUOTE]Climate: proper noun
The heroine of the Global Warming mythology, Climate is the Democratic People's Goddess. Born out of the Scientific Consensus, She oversees the central planning and administration of all weather, ecosystems, and local climates across the globe, as well as all interactions thereof. Climate is responsible for the care and well-being of all life on earth. In other faiths She is called Gaia, Durga, Mother Nature, et. al.

Note: Climate, by her nature, never changes but she is believed to be constantly changing, thus forming the grand mystery of the Global Warming faith. This is a core tenet of Settled Science.

Global Warming Mythology Reference Manual

No the averages I'm looking at are considerable time.

Dude obviously 3.5 million acres burned in 1 month in CA is way above the average of 600,000 acres per year for the past 30+ years. It's statistically significant. 10 years of drought is also statistically significant.

If you believe Earth is NOT in a closed system, I could see why you might not consider climate change to be alarming. But I don't believe that and thus do consider climate change to be alarming.

If you want to keep ignoring the signs, go ahead.

Define 'climate change'.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
18-09-2020 01:55
(21598)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Nope. Arsonists are running around the SOTC and starting fires. Some of them have already been arrested.

The Parrot Killer

18-09-2020 01:56
(21598)
Spongy Iris wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

I must have missed them being arrested. Got any articles to share about their arrests?

Playing dumb, are you? Fine. You must be one of those that deny riots are occurring in Portland, OR and Seattle, WA.

In other words, an idiot.

The Parrot Killer

18-09-2020 01:57
(21598)
Spongy Iris wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Summarily dismissed.

I have defined it. Measurements of weather events that fall outside of average historical measurements. And I have cited 3 examples.

Like I said, if you want to ignore the signs, go ahead. Maybe I'm being too sensitive to them or maybe not.

Define 'average historical measurements'. Measurements of what?

The Parrot Killer

18-09-2020 01:58
(21598)
keepit wrote:
Is there any actual evidence arsonists are starting the fires on the west coast and if so, who are they, and what is their motive?

Yes. Play dumb, like a good Democrat moron.

The Parrot Killer

18-09-2020 03:59
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
In summer on the West Coast we have Easterlies in the mornings as the cold air is drawn to the ocean and it usually dies down around midday then early afternoon the howling South Westerlies kick in as the deserts and the north heat up again and the hot air rises and draws the cold air from the south up the coast.This is not a theory it is what happens.We do get a few days when it is calm but it is not called Blovember for nothing.Boaties trying to go fishing will wait it out in the harbour and as soon as it dies down they will head out and have a fish before the S/W kicks in.I have been in some ordinary weather on the ocean and you do wonder why we do it.The BOM try to predict it but are usually miles out.The chart shows the prediction and what it actually is and they cross a bit but not together very often
18-09-2020 04:18
(1643)
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Nope. Arsonists are running around the SOTC and starting fires. Some of them have already been arrested.

Please send some support for your claim.
18-09-2020 04:20
(1643)
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Summarily dismissed.

I have! For CA.

Rainfall per year
Lightning in August
Acres burned per year
18-09-2020 05:00
(1643)
GasGuzzler wrote:
[quote]Spongy Iris wrote:]
Winds usually prevail in moving weather eastward around the world; thus, in North America, a heavy population west of the Rocky mountains could be a risk, because their CO2 emissions being blown eastward would hit a wall at the Rocky mountains, and start piling up.

This is GREAT news for gardeners! I'm thinking a north/south wall built on the east end of a garden and wow, the fruits and veggies will be HUGE!

You just described Saskatchewan to Texas!
18-09-2020 06:10
(1643)
duncan61 wrote:
In summer on the West Coast we have Easterlies in the mornings as the cold air is drawn to the ocean and it usually dies down around midday then early afternoon the howling South Westerlies kick in as the deserts and the north heat up again and the hot air rises and draws the cold air from the south up the coast.This is not a theory it is what happens.We do get a few days when it is calm but it is not called Blovember for nothing.Boaties trying to go fishing will wait it out in the harbour and as soon as it dies down they will head out and have a fish before the S/W kicks in.I have been in some ordinary weather on the ocean and you do wonder why we do it.The BOM try to predict it but are usually miles out.The chart shows the prediction and what it actually is and they cross a bit but not together very often

Where on west coast?
18-09-2020 06:40
(1643)
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Playing dumb, are you? Fine. You must be one of those that deny riots are occurring in Portland, OR and Seattle, WA.

There's nothing more annoying at a party than some know it all conspiracy theorist who pretends to be intellectually superior than everybody else
Edited on 18-09-2020 06:42
18-09-2020 11:09
(5197)
Why would measurements above a historic average be so alarming? The average of anything, is going to be much lower than the highest readings in the past. Doesn't mean the current readings are any worse than some in the past. It's a deliberate misrepresentation, a deception. Certainly, there are plenty if uninformed, poorly educated, gullible people out there, mostly democrats. What's annoying, is self-important people, who should know better, or claim to be better educated, continue to push the same lies, even when they gotta know they are caught in them.
18-09-2020 11:38
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Spongy Iris wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

Where on west coast?

Perth.Western Australia

duncan61
18-09-2020 17:27
(5197)
Web page with some Oregon wildfire updates, with several arson arrest.
https://thatoregonlife.com/2020/09/arson-suspected-in-several-wildfires-raging-across-oregon/

[quote]Man faces arson charge in connection with Sweet Creek Fires
18-09-2020 19:50
(21598)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Summarily dismissed.

I have! For CA.

Rainfall per year
Lightning in August
Acres burned per year

The SOTC is not the world, dumbass. False equivalence fallacy.
How does any of this change what a desert climate is? How does it change what a marine climate is? How is climate 'changing'?

The Parrot Killer

18-09-2020 19:52
(21598)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

There's nothing more annoying at a party than some know it all conspiracy theorist who pretends to be intellectually superior than everybody else

What conspiracy? Void argument fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

18-09-2020 23:02
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
duncan61 wrote:

And it might only be the ceiling height is changing. As you said, early afternoon, the winds change and come from the southwest. In the morning the desert would probably be cooler than the ocean. Deserts can get real cool at night.
For what you're talking about, you complain about them being off by a few miles/kilometers? All it takes is whatever weather system southwest of Perth to move and the winds move with it. And it's possible how strong the winds around northwest Australia are that affects Perth. In the morning, the winds closer to the equator might be stronger.

https://images.app.goo.gl/hzjuz6D8T5LJZaCx9
18-09-2020 23:07
(1643)
duncan61 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

Where on west coast?

Perth.Western Australia

In the Indian Ocean , around the latitude of Perth, winds prevail easterly.

In the Indian ocean, around the latitude of Darwin, winds prevail westerly.

In the ocean, I don't think there is much difference in temperature or air pressure moving west or east. So why does wind prevail more in the west or east direction than in the north or south direction?
18-09-2020 23:27
(1643)
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Summarily dismissed.

I have! For CA.

Rainfall per year
Lightning in August
Acres burned per year

How does any of this change what a desert climate is? How does it change what a marine climate is? How is climate 'changing'?

As I already stated, CA in particular, seems to be a high risk zone.

The risk being a high pile up of CO2 emissions at the rocky mountains puts pressure on the ceiling of our enclosed system called Earth.

A statistically significant increase in droughts and fires in recent years, seems to be another indication I notice, which makes me think this risk is real.
19-09-2020 00:41
(3314)
Your repeating of the same BS over and over and over again is not changing your BS into a valid argument...
Edited on 19-09-2020 00:41
19-09-2020 01:21
(5197)
Spongy Iris wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
duncan61 wrote:

Where on west coast?

Perth.Western Australia

In the Indian Ocean , around the latitude of Perth, winds prevail easterly.

In the Indian ocean, around the latitude of Darwin, winds prevail westerly.

In the ocean, I don't think there is much difference in temperature or air pressure moving west or east. So why does wind prevail more in the west or east direction than in the north or south direction?

The Norwegian Jet Stream?
19-09-2020 01:34
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Summarily dismissed.

I have! For CA.

Rainfall per year
Lightning in August
Acres burned per year

The risk being a high pile up of CO2 emissions at the rocky mountains puts pressure on the ceiling of our enclosed system called Earth.

A statistically significant increase in droughts and fires in recent years, seems to be another indication I notice, which makes me think this risk is real.

I'll use an empty meaningless buzzword and/or catch phrase here. And I'll never hear the end of it from the parrot killer. Ground water depletion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MIoXh_ORMw
See? Now we know that drummers are parrots
19-09-2020 01:40
(5197)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:

Summarily dismissed.

I have! For CA.

Rainfall per year
Lightning in August
Acres burned per year

Apparently, any democrat run city, is at high risk, of all bad things. Which cities were looted and burned most? Which cities, are still being looted and burned, over one hundred days, so far... States with the biggest wildfire problems, blue states. Fires starting in or near democrat run cities. Cities with the worst flooding from Hurricanes Sally, democrat run... Cities with the most covid-19 fatalities, democrat run. Cities with highest number of gun violence incidents, democrat. Cities with the highest property tax... Should probably start as separate thread for democrat, award winning blunders...

California wildfires were legendary. It took the gold rush, to get people excited about moving there. What good is farm land, if your crops are going to burn up before the harvest? How many times did San Francisco burn to the ground? The only climate that changed in California, is the political climate, changing from the Reagan area responsible management, to the democrat take over, where spending tens of millions of tax dollars to save the spotted-snail's only known nature habitat in California. Even though most of the state, country, consider them a pest, and spend tens of millions a dollars to keep them out of their gardens and farms. You'd think fire prevention would do more to save wildlife, than to just let it alone, and let the snails fry.
Page 2 of 3<123>

Join the debate California Wildfires, Trumps Fault?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
California Reservoirs Are Filled!!711-04-2024 23:19
Illegal Chinese-linked biolab filled with mice, medical waste discovered in California002-08-2023 01:57
17 year old cyclist murdered, do not expect the law to investigate, as the cyclist is always at fault031-07-2023 22:23
"Unprecedented" Wildfires TODAY. Thanks to Global Warming.14815-07-2023 20:17
Climate change keeps making wildfires and smoke worse503-07-2023 03:40
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact