Remember me
▼ Content

But Global Warming is Good for Us, isn't it?

Page 1 of 212>
But Global Warming is Good for Us, isn't it?19-02-2016 03:54
DRKTS
★★☆☆☆
(305)
Please watch my latest video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyQAmJpxsfY
19-02-2016 04:54
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
A few notes about your video:

All plants that use photosynthesis (basically, all plants) DO use carbon dioxide to fixate the sugars they need. Carbon dioxide is essential to the health of a plant.

Your claim to changing precip patterns doesn't hold up the the NOAA weather station data, which shows no change outside of normal variation since 1890. (hint: the drought in California is not unusual. What IS unusual is their misuse of water combined with drought.)

Love your picture of Kudzu as a 'weed'. It was specifically imported by man as a fast growing groundcover to handle the aftermath of another drought in the southeastern states (again, not unusual). It just got out of control from that, having been removed from it''s usual predators and limits. (I don't know of any faster growing plant!)

Oceans are not becoming acidified. You should learn the meaning of 'acidified'. (BTW, the increasing pH you mention in your video causing shell damage is becoming more alkaline. I will consider that a sloppy wording on your part at this time).

If krill is becoming stressed, then why is the whale population (which eats them) INCREASING?

Soils in Canada are as rich as that of the United States. The shorter growing season you mention is solved by the global warming you claim.

The Northwest Passage has been open before. The tundra is still there.

There is no comprehensive glacier database in existence anywhere in the world. Your claim of 90% is pure BS. It is not possible to claim any percentage.

You claims of various percentages of plants and animals going extinct is similar BS. We don't even know how many species there are, much less how many are moving towards extinction. Where did you get your numbers?

Moving private industry jobs to government programs is not healthy for the economy. Closing coal mines in favor of government sponsored wind farms and solar power is not good for the economy.

Your graph of increased storm activity is total BS. There is no comprehensive database of storm activity. For hurricane activity, there is no correlation of hurricanes and CO2 content since 1942, when we first began obtaining detailed data for hurricanes.

There is more oxygen in the atmosphere than 400ppm. Claiming we have less O2 in the air because of rising CO2 is a meh.

Your conclusion, that there is more harm in CO2 than benefit, is rife with falsehoods, manipulated and fabricated data, a misunderstanding of how plants work, and a misunderstanding of how economies work.

This is the first I've watched one of your videos. Is this normally the kind of tripe you produce?
Edited on 19-02-2016 04:55
19-02-2016 05:09
DRKTS
★★☆☆☆
(305)
Into the Night wrote:

?

I don't have time to answer all your points this evening especially as none of them have references. But they are all wrong or at least very misleading.

I can source all my statements. Lets see your sources.
19-02-2016 06:53
(21559)
DRKTS wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

?

I don't have time to answer all your points this evening especially as none of them have references. But they are all wrong or at least very misleading.

I don't play link games. I do not provide links. I expect you to do your own research. I will not do that footwork for you.

Concerning the workings of plants, may I suggest a good book on biology? Specifically plant biology? A good book in chemistry might help as well.

Concerning the data of NOAA, may I suggest the individual logs kept by hundreds of NOAA stations around the lower 48 of the United States, which I have already provided on this forum numerous times, and not the central NOAA site or GISS?

Concerning economics, may I suggest the writings of somebody other than Marx on the subject?

Concerning Canada soils, may I suggest the Canadian Soil Information Service?

Concerning the Northwest Passage, may I suggest a trip to Bygdøy, Norway, where you can see the first ship to successfully navigate it? They have a wonderful museum there that has managed to complete restore the ship. You can also visit the museum in Vancouver, B.C. that has a wonderful display on the first Canadian ship to make the crossing.

Concerning hurricane records, may I suggest the National Hurricane Prediction Center?

Concerning your fabricated data, may I suggest you provide a source of your numbers and the instrumentation and methods used to gather them? Numbers without this information are effectively random numbers. Anyone can quote a number.

I raise your bluff. Call, raise, or fold.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
19-02-2016 12:04
DRKTS
★★☆☆☆
(305)
Into the Night wrote:
DRKTS wrote:

I don't play link games. I do not provide links. I expect you to do your own research. I will not do that footwork for you. ...

I thought you had nothing, this proves it.
19-02-2016 13:49
EarthlingProfile picture★☆☆☆☆
(107)
DRKTS wrote:I thought you had nothing, this proves it.
That is his and IBduMb's modus operandi.

"We have a vested interest in creating panic, because then money will flow to climate science." John Christy
19-02-2016 16:01
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14378)
DRKTS wrote: Please watch my latest video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyQAmJpxsfY

OK, but you didn't do a very good job of addressing the few glaring errors I noted in your previous video.

Into the Night wrote: A few notes about your video:

Great write-up. Thanks. I'll keep these points in mind as I watch the video.

DRKTS wrote: I don't have time to answer all your points this evening especially as none of them have references.

What is it with warmizombies believing that a URL is what creates truth? You are in the wrong. All people are free to observe errors and to point them out. Since its your video, you are required to address every single one of your errors, independent of who observes it and whether or not any URL is provided you.

See your next point:

DRKTS wrote:I can source all my statements. Lets see your sources.

As it should be. You are the one who made the video. The sources that you insist you have are from where you are to draw your answers/responses to all observations and critiques of your video. You had better hope that your sources do not include Wikipedia.

You don't get to shift your burden of proof onto those who are making the observations of your video. I fully realize that, as a warmizombie, you have been taught that attempting to shift the burden of proof is acceptable, even admirable. You are mistaken, however. You really should stop doing that. It is an invalid rhetorical tactic.

I'm about to watch your video. It can't help but think how much more productive it would be if I would have had your appropriate responses to Into the Night's comments.

DRKTS wrote: But they are all wrong or at least very misleading.

Well, I just finished watching the video and here are the facts of the matter:

1. Everything observed/noted by Into the Night is accurate. Things don't look good for your video, especially in light of the fact that you don't seem to have any response.

2. Recalling that you have a penchant for fear-mongering, I was a bit turned off by your opening, i.e. asking us to focus on some historical misinformation about smoking being good for one's health. Since your video's title is "BUT CO2 IS GOOD FOR YOU" I couldn't help but wonder if this was going to be just another unsupported conclusion I was being asked to BELIEVE based on the fact that there have been other mistakes in the past. Into the Night's comments came to mind, as did your lack of response. I still had not finished the first minute of the video and I was already dubious.

3. In line with point 2 above, you then immediately transitioned to (sigh) fossil fuel companies. I wish you had more appropriately titled this video "Welcome to today's gathering of the local chapter of the Marxist Society."

4. While characterizing fossil fuel companies as an insidious misinformation illuminati, you required of me (the viewer) to BELIEVE in some undefined and unfalsifiable "climate" deity, that CO2 somehow changes "climate" in some undefined and unfalsifiable way, that fossil fuel companies somehow knew this (confirming your religion to be true) and that they spread unspecified "disinformation" to undermine the dogma "The Science."

Since you also have a penchant for making videos that rely solely on prior BELIEF in unsupported conclusions, I had to wonder if I should bother watching the rest of the video. After all, I didn't already BELIEVE your religion so would everything else require complete, unquestioning faith as well? I hadn't even arrived at the 1:30 mark.

5. You then transition to showing clips of people expressing disbelief in your religion. That's fair, isn't it? I'm one of those who isn't a Global Warming believer, primarily because I am an atheist and religion isn't my thing. I stick with science.

The problem is that you then claim that people like me, who understand the myriad of violations of physics involved in Global Warming dogma, have no examples of science that run counter to Global Warming dogma. You essentially pretend to speak for me and others in the "science community" and you completely misrepresent while doing so.

This is a very big problem that I don't believe your video can overcome.

6. Your "Send in the Clowns" slide confirmed for me that you have no intention of supporting your case, that you simply plan to attempt to discredit those who might very well have completely valid arguments. You don't mention what their all their arguments are nor do you explain why their arguments amount to "disinformation."

Coincidentally, I am familiar with some of the completely valid arguments of some of those you pictured. Those arguments immediately came to my mind but of course you didn't provide any rebuttal.

7. You tried to make the "CO2 is a pollutant" argument. As obviously bogus as this argument is, it has nonetheless been debated and debunked long since. The fact that you would stilltry to present it, without any new supporting data, tells me this video is targeted for the scientifically illiterate, as one would imagine.

8. You showed that many plants benefit from additional CO2. You then tried to make this a "negative" by (correctly) asserting that there are some plants that do not really benefit much from additional CO2. You lost me on that one.

You then tried to create another CO2 "negative" by describing how there are other factors that influence a plant's health, e.g. soil, water, sunlight, etc.. You lost me on this one as well.

9. Your following assertions depend entirely on my (the viewer's) prior BELIEF that Global Warming is occurring and that we are experiencing warmer and warmer temperatures even though the earth is probably cooling right now due to reduced solar activity, a point you refuse to discuss. I'll skip to the next subject.

10. Does Global Warming increase precipitation or does it decrease precipitation?
*OR* does "climate" decide in each case what would be simply bad for humanity is a "case by case" sort of basis, deciding whether to inflict drought or floods in an effort to punish humanity rather than increase precipitation in arid regions and decrease flooding as a beneficial god would do?

What is "climate's" basis for making decisions with regard to precipitation? What you describe is preposterous fear-mongering. You confirm that your video is aimed at the severely gullible. I am certainly not your target audience.

11. So Global Warming is killing off the pollinators? You've got to be kidding me! The last I checked, pollinators were doing fine and I still don't BELIEVE in Global Warming. Were you going to, at some point, offer up a reason to believe there is Global Warming? Wait! You then claim that CO2 is killing the pollinators. I thought it was Global Warming that was killing them. OK, this goes back to one needing to believe CO2 causes Global Warming. Got it. Actually, I don't get it.

12. Around the 6:30 mark I realized that this story seems familiar, but where? In the Bible! Yes, you are telling us that CO2 is bringing about the plagues of Egypt. I'll keep watching and see if you get to the point where you cry "Let my people go!"

13. Ocean acidification. The standard fear mongering aimed at gullible people with no chemistry acumen. You add a new twist, however, by preaching that CO2 brings the plagues of Egypt to the ocean. "Let my coral go!" I have to hand it to you. You are managing to cover the big-ticket items in short time.

14. Aaaah, no Marxist video would be complete without an anti-military message. Well done! "Swords into plowshares!"

15. Does the list of all the growing glaciers throw a wrench in the Global Warming intake? Does the ice accumulation of the Greenland Ice Sheet and Antarctica steal some of the thunder?

16. Extinctions. How do your percentages of "those at risk" (whatever that is supposed to mean) compare to the percentages, say, 10,000 years ago? Just to put things into perspective, how many species have become extinct throughout the history of life on the planet?

17. The Economy. You run through a few standard examples of failed Marxist arguments that eventually turned to Global Warming and its associated fear-mongering to provide proper "motivation" for people to BELIEVE their WACKY ideas.

Watch me present no links for any of my issues with your video. If you are happy with your video as it is then that's all that matters.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
19-02-2016 18:32
DRKTS
★★☆☆☆
(305)
IBdaMann wrote:

..... You lost me on that one ....

Apparently it is very easy to lose you
19-02-2016 18:32
(14378)
DRKTS wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

..... You lost me on that one ....

Apparently it is very easy to lose you

...when it's you gibbering.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
19-02-2016 21:34
(21559)
DRKTS wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
DRKTS wrote:

I don't play link games. I do not provide links. I expect you to do your own research. I will not do that footwork for you. ...

Ok, since you refuse to even start your own research in these areas I suggested, I must conclude that you are only making these videos out of a religious background. You didn't even address the sources I gave you.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
19-02-2016 21:35
(21559)
Earthling wrote:

YOUR modus operandi is simply to insult people lately. You contribute nothing.

The Parrot Killer

19-02-2016 22:47
DRKTS
★★☆☆☆
(305)
Into the Night wrote:
Ok, since you refuse to even start your own research in these areas I suggested, I must conclude that you are only making these videos out of a religious background. You didn't even address the sources I gave you.

Who said I don't do research in this area? I have been doing research into the climate since 2002 (professionally). I am just submitting another paper to BAMS (Bulletins of the American Meteorological Society - the world's leading climate journal) on the effects of space weather on the Earth and rest of the solar system.
19-02-2016 23:02
(21559)
DRKTS wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Who said I don't do research in this area? I have been doing research into the climate since 2002 (professionally). I am just submitting another paper to BAMS (Bulletins of the American Meteorological Society - the world's leading climate journal) on the effects of space weather on the Earth and rest of the solar system.

Read my post again. I am not talking about researching your Religion, however 'professional' you may call it.

The Parrot Killer

RE: please come back16-03-2022 06:14
sealover
★★★★☆
(1235)
I hope you will receive notification that one of your posts at climate-debate.com got a response.

Please come back.

You will be surprised how much it has improved.

Just take a quick peek and I think you will agree that it's a whole new ball game.

Sincerely,

"sea lover", PhD biogeochemist

---------------------------------------------------------

Earthling wrote:
25-05-2022 00:54
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
DRKTS wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
DRKTS wrote:

He is a schitzo which means that he is 12 famous nobel prize winning scientist all in one so he knows everything and needs no sources. He is not so bad when he actually takes his abilify
25-05-2022 08:09
(14378)
Swan wrote:He is a schitzo which means that he is 12 famous nobel prize winning scientist all in one so he knows everything and needs no sources. He is not so bad when he actually takes his abilify

Swan, DRKTS is a loon. Yes, he's crazier than you are, whether or not you believe that's even possible. He came to this site back in 2015 to push his YouTube videos on his Climate channel. If you're a big Climate Change worshiper then you'll enjoy them.

Unfortunately, everything he has to say is totally absurd. It's hard to think that he actually believes the crap he dribbles. However, you should at least give his videos a try to be fair. You might like them.

Also, he likes to write articles full of gibber-babble, lots of them. Feel free to peruse.

25-05-2022 09:08
(21559)
Swan wrote:
DRKTS wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
DRKTS wrote:

He is a schitzo which means that he is 12 famous nobel prize winning scientist all in one so he knows everything and needs no sources. He is not so bad when he actually takes his abilify

Science is not a prize or an award. I have already given you my sources. RQAA.
Quackery.

The Parrot Killer

25-05-2022 16:38
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:He is a schitzo which means that he is 12 famous nobel prize winning scientist all in one so he knows everything and needs no sources. He is not so bad when he actually takes his abilify

Swan, DRKTS is a loon. Yes, he's crazier than you are, whether or not you believe that's even possible. He came to this site back in 2015 to push his YouTube videos on his Climate channel. If you're a big Climate Change worshiper then you'll enjoy them.

Unfortunately, everything he has to say is totally absurd. It's hard to think that he actually believes the crap he dribbles. However, you should at least give his videos a try to be fair. You might like them.

Also, he likes to write articles full of gibber-babble, lots of them. Feel free to peruse.

In other words he is totally credible
25-05-2022 17:28
(14378)
Swan wrote:In other words he is totally credible

Well, if you think so. It's just that now when you a raving in your cell, we'll listen for DRKTS' ramblings to see what else you have gullibly absorbed.

So ... enjoy!
25-05-2022 20:09
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
IBdaMann wrote:

Well, if you think so. It's just that now when you a raving in your cell, we'll listen for DRKTS' ramblings to see what else you have gullibly absorbed.

So ... enjoy!

Haven't read what he wrote, but from a logical approach if you disagree with him then he is totally credible
25-05-2022 21:22
(21559)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

You don't get to declare who is 'credible' and who is not, for anyone other than yourself.
Since you like gibber-babble and are illiterate in science and math, I can see why you would see DRKTS as credible.

The Parrot Killer

25-05-2022 21:23
(21559)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

So ... enjoy!

Haven't read what he wrote, but from a logical approach if you disagree with him then he is totally credible

Bulverism fallacy (genetic fallacy). No argument presented.

The Parrot Killer

25-05-2022 22:09
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

You don't get to declare who is 'credible' and who is not, for anyone other than yourself.
Since you like gibber-babble and are illiterate in science and math, I can see why you would see DRKTS as credible.

Do you ever wish that your mother did the right thing and aborted you?

"Sociopath" is a term people use, often arbitrarily, to describe someone who is apparently without conscience. In most cases, it's a description blithely tossed out to label a person as being either hateful or hate-worthy. The same applies to the term "psychopath" which to many people suggests a sociopath who is simply more dangerous, like a mass murderer.

While the characteristics of sociopathy and psychopathy may overlap, sociopathy is the unofficial term for antisocial personality disorder (APD). Psychopathy is not an official diagnosis and is not considered APD.

While the terms "sociopath" and "psychopath" are often used interchangeably, each has its own clear lines of distinction that can be broadly described.
25-05-2022 23:05
(14378)
Swan wrote:Haven't read what he wrote,

... probably due to your reading problem.

Swan wrote: ... but from a logical approach

You don't know how to do that.

Swan wrote: ... if you disagree with him then he is totally credible

I didn't say that I necessarily disagree with him on everything. Some of what he preaches isn't so much totally absurd as it is totally unintelligible.

The question is "How much do you enjoy gibber-babble?" DRKTS could potentially be a source of enjoyment for hours at a time. Some people like to relax with something mindless like raking a sand garden, watching golf, or checking out a DRKTS video. That's why I provided the links; you can even believe that all of it is true since it is on the internet.

Enjoy!

26-05-2022 00:01
(21559)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Do you ever wish that your mother did the right thing and aborted you?

No.
Swan wrote:
"Sociopath" is a term people use, often arbitrarily, to describe someone who is apparently without conscience. In most cases, it's a description blithely tossed out to label a person as being either hateful or hate-worthy. The same applies to the term "psychopath" which to many people suggests a sociopath who is simply more dangerous, like a mass murderer.

While the characteristics of sociopathy and psychopathy may overlap, sociopathy is the unofficial term for antisocial personality disorder (APD). Psychopathy is not an official diagnosis and is not considered APD.

While the terms "sociopath" and "psychopath" are often used interchangeably, each has its own clear lines of distinction that can be broadly described.

...and your point? Do you have one?

The Parrot Killer

26-05-2022 01:26
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
IBdaMann wrote:

I didn't say that I necessarily disagree with him on everything. Some of what he preaches isn't so much totally absurd as it is totally unintelligible.

The question is "How much do you enjoy gibber-babble?" DRKTS could potentially be a source of enjoyment for hours at a time. Some people like to relax with something mindless like raking a sand garden, watching golf, or checking out a DRKTS video. That's why I provided the links; you can even believe that all of it is true since it is on the internet.

Enjoy!

You are so totally whacked in the mind that you think that I believe in global warming just because I cycle up and down glacial moraines that you have determined are not real, because your brain can not accept that climate change has always been happening.

So stop with the disinformation already

CIAO
26-05-2022 02:17
(21559)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Enjoy!

You are so totally whacked in the mind that you think that I believe in global warming just because I cycle up and down glacial moraines that you have determined are not real, because your brain can not accept that climate change has always been happening.

CIAO

Paradox. Irrational. Buzzword fallacies.

No argument presented.

The Parrot Killer

26-05-2022 03:38
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Enjoy!

CIAO

Paradox. Irrational. Buzzword fallacies.

No argument presented.

The actual paradox is that no living human cares about you, or your thoughts on anything. Must be a really paradoxically sad place to exist.

CIAO
26-05-2022 05:07
(14378)
Swan wrote:The actual paradox is that no living human cares about you,

There are at least four living humans who care, probably a lot more.

So, you believe that everything you read on the internet is true, you believe that all places with moraines were under ice at the same time, and you believe that you are essentially everybody.

How is it that you are so intimately familiar with psychotic meds?

By the way, this notion that I claim that moraines are not real is just your next attempt to assign a bogus position to me because you can't attack the science that I present that blows holes in your precious beliefs that everything you read on the internet is true, that all places with moraines were under ice at the same time, and that you are essentially everybody.

Do not worry. I am here to help you. Together, we can get you through this. Just remember to take baby steps. Let's go at your pace. You can do this.

Baby steps.

26-05-2022 19:53
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:The actual paradox is that no living human cares about you,

There are at least four living humans who care, probably a lot more.

So, you believe that everything you read on the internet is true, you believe that all places with moraines were under ice at the same time, and you believe that you are essentially everybody.

How is it that you are so intimately familiar with psychotic meds?

By the way, this notion that I claim that moraines are not real is just your next attempt to assign a bogus position to me because you can't attack the science that I present that blows holes in your precious beliefs that everything you read on the internet is true, that all places with moraines were under ice at the same time, and that you are essentially everybody.

Do not worry. I am here to help you. Together, we can get you through this. Just remember to take baby steps. Let's go at your pace. You can do this.

Baby steps.

The four people who care about you

1. The landlady who collects the rent on the trailer
2. The Burger King manager who depends on you to wipe down the tables without drooling on them too much
3. Santa who depends upon you to provide carrots to the reindeer
4. Your mother who depends upon you to cash her social security check of which her cut is 40 bucks
26-05-2022 22:22
(14378)
Swan wrote:The four people who care about you

Nope. Once I removed the appliances from my lawn, she was back to being luvvy-duvvy.

Swan wrote: 2. The Burger King manager who depends on you to wipe down the tables without drooling on them too much

... and he bumped up my pay $0.15 per hour, which is why I'm strutting my stuff, as you have noticed.

Swan wrote: 3. Santa who depends upon you to provide carrots to the reindeer

That's not what keeps Santa coming back. I keep the freshly-baked chocolate-chip cookies under a heat lamp so they are warm when he arrives. He loves them with a tall glass of cold milk. That's why he leaves me the pina colada air freshener to hang from my rear view mirror ... and you only get "new car smell."

Swan wrote:4. Your mother who depends upon you to cash her social security check of which her cut is 40 bucks

How little you know my mother. Her cut is well above $60. You don't know what you're talking about.

27-05-2022 00:04
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
IBdaMann wrote:

Nope. Once I removed the appliances from my lawn, she was back to being luvvy-duvvy.

Swan wrote: 2. The Burger King manager who depends on you to wipe down the tables without drooling on them too much

... and he bumped up my pay $0.15 per hour, which is why I'm strutting my stuff, as you have noticed.

That's not what keeps Santa coming back. I keep the freshly-baked chocolate-chip cookies under a heat lamp so they are warm when he arrives. He loves them with a tall glass of cold milk. That's why he leaves me the pina colada air freshener to hang from my rear view mirror ... and you only get "new car smell."

Swan wrote:4. Your mother who depends upon you to cash her social security check of which her cut is 40 bucks

How little you know my mother. Her cut is well above $60. You don't know what you're talking about.

See how normal you can be when you take the meds
27-05-2022 01:07
(21559)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

*whiff!!* Riiight over your head!!

The Parrot Killer

27-05-2022 01:19
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

So you admit to missing again.

Ring the bell already turd
27-05-2022 02:22
(21559)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Lame inversion fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

27-05-2022 12:47
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Lame inversion fallacy.

Says the fool who admits to not being able to make a clean head shot

Yawn
27-05-2022 19:20
(21559)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Lame inversion fallacy.

Yawn

Random phrase. No argument presented.

The Parrot Killer

27-05-2022 20:33
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Lame inversion fallacy.

Yawn

02-06-2022 14:35
Amanbir S Grewal
☆☆☆☆☆
(12)
In line with point 2 above, you then immediately transitioned to (sigh) fossil fuel companies. I wish you had more appropriately titled this video "Welcome to today's gathering of the local chapter of the Marxist Society."

It will need good planning to pursue welfare goals and support private firms, just that both these political and economic forces seem to be peaking at about the same time makes you think if they are not just counter forces to each other but also related to one another.

CO2 somehow changes "climate" in some undefined and unfalsifiable way

we'll try to deduce that from the data we get.

I'm one of those who isn't a Global Warming believer, primarily because I am an atheist and religion isn't my thing. I stick with science.

belief in science?

The problem is that you then claim that people like me, who understand the myriad of violations of physics involved in Global Warming dogma, have no examples of science that run counter to Global Warming dogma.

the violations of physics will have to be explained through physics itself.

You tried to make the "CO2 is a pollutant" argument. As obviously bogus as this argument is, it has nonetheless been debated and debunked long since.

CO2 is not a pollutant but we will have to be patient with any conclusions of its other effects.

You showed that many plants benefit from additional CO2. You then tried to make this a "negative" by (correctly) asserting that there are some plants that do not really benefit much from additional CO2. You lost me on that one. You then tried to create another CO2 "negative" by describing how there are other factors that influence a plant's health, e.g. soil, water, sunlight, etc.. You lost me on this one as well.

Plants and CO2 have a complex relationship.

Your following assertions depend entirely on my (the viewer's) prior BELIEF that Global Warming is occurring and that we are experiencing warmer and warmer temperatures even though the earth is probably cooling right now due to reduced solar activity, a point you refuse to discuss. I'll skip to the next subject.

the earth is NOT cooling for ANY reason right now.

Does Global Warming increase precipitation or does it decrease precipitation?

Direct CO2 and vapour pressure relationships are not well known but indirect temperature rises can

So Global Warming is killing off the pollinators? You've got to be kidding me! The last I checked, pollinators were doing fine and I still don't BELIEVE in Global Warming.

Maybe the effect on pollinators will happen slowly and over a very long period of time?

Ocean acidification. The standard fear mongering aimed at gullible people with no chemistry acumen.

if the composition of rainfall water changes due to atmospheric changes, then yes, the ocean will receive more acid rainfall water via the rivers.

Does the list of all the growing glaciers throw a wrench in the Global Warming intake? Does the ice accumulation of the Greenland Ice Sheet and Antarctica steal some of the thunder?

cooling and warming on the whole make up the problem of Climate Change.

Extinctions. How do your percentages of "those at risk" (whatever that is supposed to mean) compare to the percentages, say, 10,000 years ago? Just to put things into perspective, how many species have become extinct throughout the history of life on the planet?

number of species is not the measure here as much is the value of even one species sometimes say for example the polar bear.

The Economy. You run through a few standard examples of failed Marxist arguments that eventually turned to Global Warming and its associated fear-mongering to provide proper "motivation" for people to BELIEVE their WACKY ideas.

it is very wrong to ASK business people for their capital into a problem that affects everyone but if you can invent a smart business plan for the problem then you can rope in the business lobby without slowing the economy.
Edited on 02-06-2022 14:36
02-06-2022 19:31
(21559)
Amanbir S Grewal wrote:
In line with point 2 above, you then immediately transitioned to (sigh) fossil fuel companies. I wish you had more appropriately titled this video "Welcome to today's gathering of the local chapter of the Marxist Society."

It will need good planning to pursue welfare goals

Welfare goals in and of themselves are not good planning. It is theft.
Amanbir S Grewal wrote:
and support private firms,

It takes no planning to support a private firm or capitalism.
Amanbir S Grewal wrote:
just that both these political and economic forces seem to be peaking at about the same time makes you think if they are not just counter forces to each other but also related to one another.

They are opposite of each other. That is the only relationship between capitalism and socialism.
Amanbir S Grewal wrote:
CO2 somehow changes "climate" in some undefined and unfalsifiable way

we'll try to deduce that from the data we get.

There is no data.
I'm one of those who isn't a Global Warming believer, primarily because I am an atheist and religion isn't my thing. I stick with science.

belief in science?[/quote]
Word stuffing. Science is not a religion. He never said it was.
Amanbir S Grewal wrote:
The problem is that you then claim that people like me, who understand the myriad of violations of physics involved in Global Warming dogma, have no examples of science that run counter to Global Warming dogma.

the violations of physics will have to be explained through physics itself.

Already done.
See the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics and the Stefan-Boltzmann law.
* You cannot create energy out of nothing. You cannot destroy energy into nothing.
* You cannot trap heat.
* You cannot trap light.
* You cannot trap thermal energy. There is always heat.
* You cannot reduce entropy for any reason.

No gas or vapor has the capability to warm or cool the Earth.
Amanbir S Grewal wrote:
You tried to make the "CO2 is a pollutant" argument. As obviously bogus as this argument is, it has nonetheless been debated and debunked long since.

CO2 is not a pollutant but we will have to be patient with any conclusions of its other effects.

Void argument fallacy. Incomplete argument.
Amanbir S Grewal wrote:
You showed that many plants benefit from additional CO2. You then tried to make this a "negative" by (correctly) asserting that there are some plants that do not really benefit much from additional CO2. You lost me on that one. You then tried to create another CO2 "negative" by describing how there are other factors that influence a plant's health, e.g. soil, water, sunlight, etc.. You lost me on this one as well.

Plants and CO2 have a complex relationship.

Not really. Plants use CO2, water, and light to produce carbohydrates...food. Provide more CO2, water, and light, and the plant grows faster. It can produce food faster.
Amanbir S Grewal wrote:
Your following assertions depend entirely on my (the viewer's) prior BELIEF that Global Warming is occurring and that we are experiencing warmer and warmer temperatures even though the earth is probably cooling right now due to reduced solar activity, a point you refuse to discuss. I'll skip to the next subject.

the earth is NOT cooling for ANY reason right now.

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth. You are making shit up.
Amanbir S Grewal wrote:
Does Global Warming increase precipitation or does it decrease precipitation?

Direct CO2 and vapour pressure relationships are not well known but indirect temperature rises can

There is no such thing as 'indirect temperature rise'. Buzzword fallacy. Is this one in your list gfm?
Amanbir S Grewal wrote:
So Global Warming is killing off the pollinators? You've got to be kidding me! The last I checked, pollinators were doing fine and I still don't BELIEVE in Global Warming.

Maybe the effect on pollinators will happen slowly and over a very long period of time?

What effect?
Amanbir S Grewal wrote:
Ocean acidification. The standard fear mongering aimed at gullible people with no chemistry acumen.

if the composition of rainfall water changes due to atmospheric changes, then yes, the ocean will receive more acid rainfall water via the rivers.

Rivers are generally alkaline. Rain is naturally acid.
Amanbir S Grewal wrote:
Does the list of all the growing glaciers throw a wrench in the Global Warming intake? Does the ice accumulation of the Greenland Ice Sheet and Antarctica steal some of the thunder?

cooling and warming on the whole make up the problem of Climate Change.

What cooling? What warming? What has climate got to do with it? Climate has no value associated with it. It cannot change. Buzzword fallacy. It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth. There is no such thing as a global climate or global weather.

Amanbir S Grewal wrote:
Extinctions. How do your percentages of "those at risk" (whatever that is supposed to mean) compare to the percentages, say, 10,000 years ago? Just to put things into perspective, how many species have become extinct throughout the history of life on the planet?

number of species is not the measure here as much is the value of even one species sometimes say for example the polar bear.

They are not going extinct by a long shot. Their population has been increasing, as measured by people that actually make counts of them.
Amanbir S Grewal wrote:
The Economy. You run through a few standard examples of failed Marxist arguments that eventually turned to Global Warming and its associated fear-mongering to provide proper "motivation" for people to BELIEVE their WACKY ideas.

it is very wrong to ASK business people for their capital into a problem that affects everyone but if you can invent a smart business plan for the problem then you can rope in the business lobby without slowing the economy.

You must first define The Problem. Welfare is not a smart business plan. 'Roping in a business' IS slowing the economy.

The Parrot Killer

Page 1 of 212>

Join the debate But Global Warming is Good for Us, isn't it?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Why exactly is strip mining for coal bad, yet strip mining for Lithium is good923-12-2023 00:11
All Sides, Beings, Entities No Matter "Evil" Or "Good" Are Receiving Their Final Chan014-07-2023 07:52
Is homework good or bad for students?626-11-2022 05:12
The Big Tech Companies Make The China Great Internet Firewall Look Like A Good Angel702-12-2021 08:05
Virus Is Good For Life But Stupid Uneducated People Make It Look Bad119-06-2021 10:48
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact