Remember me
▼ Content

burning fossil fuels should result in a major cooling factor, here's why

burning fossil fuels should result in a major cooling factor, here's why10-02-2016 17:45
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
Fossil fuels are hydrocarbons made of hydrogen and carbon, but more hydrogen than carbon. For instance, methane is 1 carbon 4 hydrogens so burning one of these kills 2 O2 makes 1 CO2 and 2 H2O. More H2O vapor in the air rises up and cools and forms more clouds which block more sunlight which should result in a cooling effect of the world.

Edited on 10-02-2016 17:58
10-02-2016 22:23
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
Fossil fuels are hydrocarbons made of hydrogen and carbon, but more hydrogen than carbon. For instance, methane is 1 carbon 4 hydrogens so burning one of these kills 2 O2 makes 1 CO2 and 2 H2O. More H2O vapor in the air rises up and cools and forms more clouds which block more sunlight which should result in a cooling effect of the world.

Clouds only cool the land during the day. They act to help warm the land at night.

Clouds are not magick heat sink, any more than carbon dioxide (or clouds) are a magick heat source. Clouds do not change the mean temperature in any way. They only serve to moderate temperature swings a bit better than the rest of the air.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 10-02-2016 22:24
11-02-2016 18:27
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
Into the Night wrote:Clouds only cool the land during the day. They act to help warm the land at night.

Clouds are not magick heat sink, any more than carbon dioxide (or clouds) are a magick heat source. Clouds do not change the mean temperature in any way. They only serve to moderate temperature swings a bit better than the rest of the air.

How does cloud heat land during night? This is new to me.
11-02-2016 23:41
(21559)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
Into the Night wrote:Clouds only cool the land during the day. They act to help warm the land at night.

How does cloud heat land during night? This is new to me.

Liquid water (like a cloud) has a high specific heat index. This means it takes longer to warm up or cool down than the air around it.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
12-02-2016 00:28
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
Liquid water (like a cloud) has a high specific heat index. This means it takes longer to warm up or cool down than the air around it.

That is irrelevant. Clouds are high up and about -80 C much colder than the ground. Clouds have no effect on warming the ground at night.
Edited on 12-02-2016 00:28
12-02-2016 09:02
(21559)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

That is irrelevant. Clouds are high up and about -80 C much colder than the ground. Clouds have no effect on warming the ground at night.

Clouds can be at any altitude (including zero feet, which we call fog) well up into the stratosphere.

The Parrot Killer

12-02-2016 10:44
Surface Detail
★★★★☆
(1673)
Into the Night wrote:
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

Clouds can be at any altitude (including zero feet, which we call fog) well up into the stratosphere.

Tai Hai Chen's random squawks make him suitable prey for the parrot killer.
14-09-2016 00:36
jwoodward48
★★★★☆
(1537)
I don't get it. The greens and the deniers (because apparently "skeptic" is offensive) aren't lining up? Into the Night isn't agreeing with Tai simply because s/he's arguing against global-warming-non-deniers?

This gives me faith in humanity. Doesn't balance out the faith you tore away, though, forum.

Join the debate burning fossil fuels should result in a major cooling factor, here's why:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Using fossil fuel is mass murder.!?3304-02-2024 08:12
Fossil Fuel Substitution for reduced emission of CO2, mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium..39201-12-2023 21:58
Major Disappointment612-10-2022 13:48
The Earth's Core is Cooling722-01-2022 19:08
ELECTRIC VEHICLES, THE GASOLINE PROBLEM, AND SYNTHETIC FUELS1319-10-2021 23:54
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact