Page 2 of 2<12
26-05-2017 01:27
James_
★★★★★
(2218)
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:
Wake,
He is trying to teach everyone how to be metaphysical which is to say spiritual.

p.s., as far as the experiment goes have to believe Max Planck would've liked to have seen it.

Metaphysics is not spiritualism. Obviously you are illiterate on the subject.

He could see it. Any fire, coal furnace, incandescent light source, all show the same thing.

Namaste ..
I'll need to do some research for black bodies that have been found. Some scientists have wondered if they're W.I.M.P.s which is an acronym for Weakly Interacting Massive Particles.
In reality they might just be young stars emitting black light.

Peace and Light. (LMAO)
26-05-2017 01:33
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
James_ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:
Wake,
He is trying to teach everyone how to be metaphysical which is to say spiritual.

p.s., as far as the experiment goes have to believe Max Planck would've liked to have seen it.

He could see it. Any fire, coal furnace, incandescent light source, all show the same thing.

Namaste ..
I'll need to do some research for black bodies that have been found. Some scientists have wondered if they're W.I.M.P.s which is an acronym for Weakly Interacting Massive Particles.
In reality they might just be young stars emitting black light.

Peace and Light. (LMAO)

All bodies follow blackbody math. There is no such thing as black light.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
26-05-2017 02:53
James_
★★★★★
(2218)
Someone needs to heat a piece of steel under controlled conditions and see if it does not emit any light. That is peer review which is how science works.
26-05-2017 03:03
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
Wake wrote: What do you mean thermal radiatiation does not radiate? ALL parts of the electromagnetic bands from ultra-low frequency to cosmic waves radiate. Sound is a radiation.

Yep, you cannot read. You are begging to be mocked.

Thermal ENERGY is not thermal RADIATION.

Thermal radiation is ELECTROMAGNETIC energy.

I guess you couldn't keep all those words straight.

Sound is a pressure wave, not electromagnetic energy.

How is it that you don't know any of this?

Wake wrote: Heat doesn't radiate and sound frequencies cannot radiate?

Correct. Why are you puzzled?

Wait, I know. You have no clue what heat is, and you think sound is a form of electromagnetic energy. Your haze of confusion is understandable.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
26-05-2017 03:07
(21582)
James_ wrote:
Someone needs to heat a piece of steel under controlled conditions and see if it does not emit any light. That is peer review which is how science works.

Every piece of steel in my home emits light and I don't even have to heat it.

(I don't keep my thermostat any warmer than anyone else either!)

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
26-05-2017 15:01
James_
★★★★★
(2218)
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:

Have you thought of starting your own religion ?
26-05-2017 17:16
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
IBdaMann wrote:
Wake wrote: What do you mean thermal radiatiation does not radiate? ALL parts of the electromagnetic bands from ultra-low frequency to cosmic waves radiate. Sound is a radiation.

Wait, I know. You have no clue what heat is, and you think sound is a form of electromagnetic energy. Your haze of confusion is understandable.

Well, it is pretty clear now that the three of you left to argue with are all high school students. There is no longer any need to say anything because you will learn with time. When you're asking "would you like fries with that" you can tell your customers all about electromagnetic radiation.
26-05-2017 19:48
(21582)
James_ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:

Have you thought of starting your own religion ?

Already have one, thanks.

It is apparent that you do not understand the Stefan-Boltzmann law at all.

For reference:

radiance = S-B constant * emissivity * temperature ^ 4

Anything that is above absolute zero (including any steel I have around the home) is emitting light (radiance). It is not visible light, but light it is nonetheless. Most of what is radiating is infrared.

If, while welding, as I occasionally do, I heat a piece of steel up so it begins to glow (I use gas welding), I have increased the temperature of the steel. It is still emitting light, but what has changed?

Wien's law describes this change. As temperature increases, more of the more energetic photons will be emitted. These are the higher frequencies of light. This band of frequencies that are emitted begin to move toward the visible spectrum. The steel begins to glow red.

Further heating of the steel (I'm welding, so I want to melt it) results in the the color moving from red, through yellow (combined red and green), then white (combined red, green, and blue). I generally only take it to yellow. That's good enough to make a good weld. Overheating the steel will burn it.

Wien's law describes where this curve of energy peaks.

There ARE things that get hotter (the Sun?). Because of their energy, you get even higher frequency light coming from it. The light emitted begins to include frequencies past the visible band and into the ultraviolet. Ultraviolet light, like infrared light, is not visible to us (it IS visible to insects, some birds, and certain individuals who have had cataract surgery, and to a limited extend some individuals who have a natural 'defect' where they can see some of it (I am one).

The Sun is so energetic it puts out ultraviolet that not even insects, birds, or people like me can see. It is not black. It is ultraviolet.

The total power of the light also increases according to the Stefan-Boltzmann law. Higher frequency light is higher energy per photon. Not all photons are the same. They are not even a substance. They are just little wavelets of electromagnetic energy that when combined produce a continuous wave.

The Parrot Killer

26-05-2017 19:58
(21582)
Wake wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Well, it is pretty clear now that the three of you left to argue with are all high school students. There is no longer any need to say anything because you will learn with time. When you're asking "would you like fries with that" you can tell your customers all about electromagnetic radiation.

It certainly can keep a burger warm, but it's better to cook by conduction (the way fries are cooked).

The Parrot Killer

27-05-2017 00:01
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:
Wake,

Dumbass - metaphysics encompasses the beginnings of things which is almost entirely spiritual. Go tell your physics teacher that metaphysics is something real.
27-05-2017 00:16
(21582)
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:
Wake,

Dumbass - metaphysics encompasses the beginnings of things which is almost entirely spiritual. Go tell your physics teacher that metaphysics is something real.

Wrongo. Apparently you never studied philosophy or logic at all.

Metaphysics is that study of how we can know what we know. It is metaphysics that defines what science is and why. It is metaphysics that describes the difference between an open system like science, and a closed system like mathematics or logic.

Metaphysics can and does describe what a religion is, why it is, and how it differs from something like science.

If a physics teacher disagrees with this, he never learned it either. There's a fair number of them out there like that.

The Parrot Killer

27-05-2017 00:23
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:
Wake,

Metaphysics is that study of how we can know what we know. It is metaphysics that defines what science is and why. It is metaphysics that describes the difference between an open system like science, and a closed system like mathematics or logic.

Metaphysics can and does describe what a religion is, why it is, and how it differs from something like science.

If a physics teacher disagrees with this, he never learned it either. There's a fair number of them out there like that.

Trapped like a rat again - you never studied physics. Thanks.
27-05-2017 01:02
(21582)
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:
Wake,

?? Why does the study of metaphysics exclude the study of physics???

The Parrot Killer

27-05-2017 01:16
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:
Wake,

For one thing you know nothing about either.
27-05-2017 01:35
(21582)
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:
Wake,

For one thing you know nothing about either.

I'm going to have to call an inversion fallacy on this one.

The Parrot Killer

Page 2 of 2<12

Join the debate Black Body Radiation and Stefan-Boltzmann:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The Van Allen radiation belts and the Tropopause506-01-2024 23:46
Jimmy Hoffa's body may be located which will mean the end of World Hunger and climate change both001-11-2023 20:25
Speaking of morgues, Harvard is now majoring in selling human body parts015-06-2023 03:18
Surface temperature of earth according to Boltzmann law5610-05-2023 15:46
Anyone explain how does N2 and O2 don't absorb electromagnetic radiation?4902-02-2023 01:23
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact