Remember me
▼ Content

Biogeosocialists...



Page 3 of 3<123
13-05-2022 20:43
SwanProfile picture★★★★☆
(1220)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Again as I already said polar bears are amphibious mammals, not amphibians.

Do they pay you much to do this for a living?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Still can't get yer head wrapped around English, can ya?


You still can't wrap your head around the fact that amphibian and amphibious are not the same word. It's ok, we understand that your mother kept you in the closet for all those years. She had no right to do that so that now all you can do is peep for the NSA

Semantics fallacy. Insult fallacies. No argument presented. I can't help it if you don't understand English.


You still can't wrap your head around the fact that amphibian and amphibious are not the same word. It's ok, we understand that your mother kept you in the closet for all those years. She had no right to do that so that now all you can do is peep for the NSA

Semantics fallacy. Insult fallacies. No argument presented. I can't help it if you don't understand English.


Well there you go again being stupid
13-05-2022 21:36
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3118)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Again as I already said polar bears are amphibious mammals, not amphibians.

Do they pay you much to do this for a living?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Still can't get yer head wrapped around English, can ya?


You still can't wrap your head around the fact that amphibian and amphibious are not the same word. It's ok, we understand that your mother kept you in the closet for all those years. She had no right to do that so that now all you can do is peep for the NSA

Semantics fallacy. Insult fallacies. No argument presented. I can't help it if you don't understand English.


You still can't wrap your head around the fact that amphibian and amphibious are not the same word. It's ok, we understand that your mother kept you in the closet for all those years. She had no right to do that so that now all you can do is peep for the NSA

Semantics fallacy. Insult fallacies. No argument presented. I can't help it if you don't understand English.


Well there you go again being stupid

Being rational is not being stupid.

Are you also going to tell me that "up is down", "wrong is right", "men are women", "women are only definable by unnamed biologists", "guns kill people", "murder is healthcare", and on and on and on??
RE: Alligators can self identify as amphibians OR reptiles, let THEM choose.13-05-2022 21:45
Im a BM
★★☆☆☆
(158)
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Again as I already said polar bears are amphibious mammals, not amphibians.

Do they pay you much to do this for a living?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Still can't get yer head wrapped around English, can ya?


You still can't wrap your head around the fact that amphibian and amphibious are not the same word. It's ok, we understand that your mother kept you in the closet for all those years. She had no right to do that so that now all you can do is peep for the NSA

Semantics fallacy. Insult fallacies. No argument presented. I can't help it if you don't understand English.


You still can't wrap your head around the fact that amphibian and amphibious are not the same word. It's ok, we understand that your mother kept you in the closet for all those years. She had no right to do that so that now all you can do is peep for the NSA

Semantics fallacy. Insult fallacies. No argument presented. I can't help it if you don't understand English.


Well there you go again being stupid

Being rational is not being stupid.

Are you also going to tell me that "up is down", "wrong is right", "men are women", "women are only definable by unnamed biologists", "guns kill people", "murder is healthcare", and on and on and on??




If GretaGroupie were still here, what would SHE say about this?

I imagine she would want us to respect the alligator's right to self identify which class of vertebrates they choose to belong to.

Reptile, amphibian, or trans-class vertebrate.

Let the ALLIGATORS decide what they are identified as.
13-05-2022 22:02
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3118)
Im a sock of squeal over wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:
Well there you go again being stupid

Being rational is not being stupid.

Are you also going to tell me that "up is down", "wrong is right", "men are women", "women are only definable by unnamed biologists", "guns kill people", "murder is healthcare", and on and on and on??


If GretaGroupie were still here, what would SHE say about this?

I have no idea. I am not GretaGroupie, nor can I speak for GretaGroupie.

Im a sock of squeal over wrote:
I imagine she would want us to respect the alligator's right to self identify which class of vertebrates they choose to belong to.

I don't know what GretaGroupie would want, nor do I see any reason to speculate about it. GretaGroupie is the only person who can speak for GretaGroupie.

Im a sock of squeal over wrote:
Reptile, amphibian, or trans-class vertebrate.

Let the ALLIGATORS decide what they are identified as.

Not how it works.
13-05-2022 22:54
SwanProfile picture★★★★☆
(1220)
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Again as I already said polar bears are amphibious mammals, not amphibians.

Do they pay you much to do this for a living?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Still can't get yer head wrapped around English, can ya?


You still can't wrap your head around the fact that amphibian and amphibious are not the same word. It's ok, we understand that your mother kept you in the closet for all those years. She had no right to do that so that now all you can do is peep for the NSA

Semantics fallacy. Insult fallacies. No argument presented. I can't help it if you don't understand English.


You still can't wrap your head around the fact that amphibian and amphibious are not the same word. It's ok, we understand that your mother kept you in the closet for all those years. She had no right to do that so that now all you can do is peep for the NSA

Semantics fallacy. Insult fallacies. No argument presented. I can't help it if you don't understand English.


Well there you go again being stupid

Being rational is not being stupid.

Are you also going to tell me that "up is down", "wrong is right", "men are women", "women are only definable by unnamed biologists", "guns kill people", "murder is healthcare", and on and on and on??


Life would be dandy if every retard that voted for Biden murdered all of their kids, as eventually everyone would be a republican.

So sure I call that healthcare
13-05-2022 23:16
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3118)
Swan wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Again as I already said polar bears are amphibious mammals, not amphibians.

Do they pay you much to do this for a living?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Still can't get yer head wrapped around English, can ya?


You still can't wrap your head around the fact that amphibian and amphibious are not the same word. It's ok, we understand that your mother kept you in the closet for all those years. She had no right to do that so that now all you can do is peep for the NSA

Semantics fallacy. Insult fallacies. No argument presented. I can't help it if you don't understand English.


You still can't wrap your head around the fact that amphibian and amphibious are not the same word. It's ok, we understand that your mother kept you in the closet for all those years. She had no right to do that so that now all you can do is peep for the NSA

Semantics fallacy. Insult fallacies. No argument presented. I can't help it if you don't understand English.


Well there you go again being stupid

Being rational is not being stupid.

Are you also going to tell me that "up is down", "wrong is right", "men are women", "women are only definable by unnamed biologists", "guns kill people", "murder is healthcare", and on and on and on??


Life would be dandy if every retard that voted for Biden murdered all of their kids, as eventually everyone would be a republican.

So sure I call that healthcare

I just call this more bigotry on your part.

There are many children who do not vote the same way that their parents vote, and there are many people who don't vote for the same party-line candidates over the course of their whole lives.
RE: sealover isn't coming back - exceeded term limits14-05-2022 01:14
Im a BM
★★☆☆☆
(158)
sealover isn't coming back - exceeded term limits.

The sealover library has 800 posts.

Already too unwieldy, he exceeded his term limits.

By the time the poop man reaches his term limits, there will be far fewer posts than that to sort through.

Imagine how hard it would be to dig for something useful in someone's library if they have to sort through 4000, 12,000, even 18,000 untitled posts.

But I can save them the effort. There is nothing useful to be found there.

It's all about the latest insult fest. Only the most recent posts are intended to be seen by anyone, right?

Did they ever present an argument of such value that it would be of interest to anyone outside of the latest insult fest?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Again as I already said polar bears are amphibious mammals, not amphibians.

Do they pay you much to do this for a living?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Still can't get yer head wrapped around English, can ya?


You still can't wrap your head around the fact that amphibian and amphibious are not the same word. It's ok, we understand that your mother kept you in the closet for all those years. She had no right to do that so that now all you can do is peep for the NSA

Semantics fallacy. Insult fallacies. No argument presented. I can't help it if you don't understand English.


You still can't wrap your head around the fact that amphibian and amphibious are not the same word. It's ok, we understand that your mother kept you in the closet for all those years. She had no right to do that so that now all you can do is peep for the NSA

Semantics fallacy. Insult fallacies. No argument presented. I can't help it if you don't understand English.


Well there you go again being stupid

Being rational is not being stupid.

Are you also going to tell me that "up is down", "wrong is right", "men are women", "women are only definable by unnamed biologists", "guns kill people", "murder is healthcare", and on and on and on??


Life would be dandy if every retard that voted for Biden murdered all of their kids, as eventually everyone would be a republican.

So sure I call that healthcare

I just call this more bigotry on your part.

There are many children who do not vote the same way that their parents vote, and there are many people who don't vote for the same party-line candidates over the course of their whole lives.
14-05-2022 01:33
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18410)
Im a BM wrote:
sealover isn't coming back - exceeded term limits.

The sealover library has 800 posts.

There is no library.
Im a BM wrote:
Already too unwieldy, he exceeded his term limits.

By the time the poop man reaches his term limits, there will be far fewer posts than that to sort through.

Imagine how hard it would be to dig for something useful in someone's library if they have to sort through 4000, 12,000, even 18,000 untitled posts.

There is no library.
Im a BM wrote:
But I can save them the effort. There is nothing useful to be found there.

It's all about the latest insult fest. Only the most recent posts are intended to be seen by anyone, right?

Did they ever present an argument of such value that it would be of interest to anyone outside of the latest insult fest?

Whining about your own behavior is not going to help you.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
14-05-2022 15:44
SwanProfile picture★★★★☆
(1220)
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Again as I already said polar bears are amphibious mammals, not amphibians.

Do they pay you much to do this for a living?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Still can't get yer head wrapped around English, can ya?


You still can't wrap your head around the fact that amphibian and amphibious are not the same word. It's ok, we understand that your mother kept you in the closet for all those years. She had no right to do that so that now all you can do is peep for the NSA

Semantics fallacy. Insult fallacies. No argument presented. I can't help it if you don't understand English.


You still can't wrap your head around the fact that amphibian and amphibious are not the same word. It's ok, we understand that your mother kept you in the closet for all those years. She had no right to do that so that now all you can do is peep for the NSA

Semantics fallacy. Insult fallacies. No argument presented. I can't help it if you don't understand English.


Well there you go again being stupid

Being rational is not being stupid.

Are you also going to tell me that "up is down", "wrong is right", "men are women", "women are only definable by unnamed biologists", "guns kill people", "murder is healthcare", and on and on and on??


Life would be dandy if every retard that voted for Biden murdered all of their kids, as eventually everyone would be a republican.

So sure I call that healthcare

I just call this more bigotry on your part.

There are many children who do not vote the same way that their parents vote, and there are many people who don't vote for the same party-line candidates over the course of their whole lives.


But DNA determines what we are so the question becomes, does the USA need more Walmart looters? So yes I call killing small democrats healthcare for the USA
14-05-2022 20:11
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18410)
Swan wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Again as I already said polar bears are amphibious mammals, not amphibians.

Do they pay you much to do this for a living?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Still can't get yer head wrapped around English, can ya?


You still can't wrap your head around the fact that amphibian and amphibious are not the same word. It's ok, we understand that your mother kept you in the closet for all those years. She had no right to do that so that now all you can do is peep for the NSA

Semantics fallacy. Insult fallacies. No argument presented. I can't help it if you don't understand English.


You still can't wrap your head around the fact that amphibian and amphibious are not the same word. It's ok, we understand that your mother kept you in the closet for all those years. She had no right to do that so that now all you can do is peep for the NSA

Semantics fallacy. Insult fallacies. No argument presented. I can't help it if you don't understand English.


Well there you go again being stupid

Being rational is not being stupid.

Are you also going to tell me that "up is down", "wrong is right", "men are women", "women are only definable by unnamed biologists", "guns kill people", "murder is healthcare", and on and on and on??


Life would be dandy if every retard that voted for Biden murdered all of their kids, as eventually everyone would be a republican.

So sure I call that healthcare

I just call this more bigotry on your part.

There are many children who do not vote the same way that their parents vote, and there are many people who don't vote for the same party-line candidates over the course of their whole lives.


But DNA determines what we are so the question becomes, does the USA need more Walmart looters? So yes I call killing small democrats healthcare for the USA

DNA does not determine what we are.

Denial of freedom of choice.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
14-05-2022 20:20
SwanProfile picture★★★★☆
(1220)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Again as I already said polar bears are amphibious mammals, not amphibians.

Do they pay you much to do this for a living?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Still can't get yer head wrapped around English, can ya?


You still can't wrap your head around the fact that amphibian and amphibious are not the same word. It's ok, we understand that your mother kept you in the closet for all those years. She had no right to do that so that now all you can do is peep for the NSA

Semantics fallacy. Insult fallacies. No argument presented. I can't help it if you don't understand English.


You still can't wrap your head around the fact that amphibian and amphibious are not the same word. It's ok, we understand that your mother kept you in the closet for all those years. She had no right to do that so that now all you can do is peep for the NSA

Semantics fallacy. Insult fallacies. No argument presented. I can't help it if you don't understand English.


Well there you go again being stupid

Being rational is not being stupid.

Are you also going to tell me that "up is down", "wrong is right", "men are women", "women are only definable by unnamed biologists", "guns kill people", "murder is healthcare", and on and on and on??


Life would be dandy if every retard that voted for Biden murdered all of their kids, as eventually everyone would be a republican.

So sure I call that healthcare

I just call this more bigotry on your part.

There are many children who do not vote the same way that their parents vote, and there are many people who don't vote for the same party-line candidates over the course of their whole lives.


But DNA determines what we are so the question becomes, does the USA need more Walmart looters? So yes I call killing small democrats healthcare for the USA

DNA does not determine what we are.

Denial of freedom of choice.


DNA determines everything, including the choices that all animals make. Unless one uses a mind not created and controlled by DNA
15-05-2022 00:29
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18410)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
DNA does not determine what we are.

Denial of freedom of choice.


DNA determines everything, including the choices that all animals make. Unless one uses a mind not created and controlled by DNA


No, it doesn't. DNA only determines what we look like. It does not take away freedom of choice.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 15-05-2022 00:29
15-05-2022 23:47
SwanProfile picture★★★★☆
(1220)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
DNA does not determine what we are.

Denial of freedom of choice.


DNA determines everything, including the choices that all animals make. Unless one uses a mind not created and controlled by DNA


No, it doesn't. DNA only determines what we look like. It does not take away freedom of choice.


Choice is a mental decision that happens in the mind created by DNA, so you only have the freedom to choose what your programming determines.

Some scientists claim that new discoveries have proved free will is an illusion. Nonsense, says Julian Baggini

Julian Baggini
Thu 19 Mar 2015 02.00 EDT
124
Whenever you read stories about identical twins separated at birth, they tend to follow the template set by the most remarkable of them all: the "two Jim's". James Springer and James Lewis were separated as one-month-olds, adopted by different families and reunited at age 39. When University of Minnesota psychologist Thomas Bouchard met them in 1979, he found, as a Washington Post article put it, both had "married and divorced a woman named Linda and remarried a Betty. They shared interests in mechanical drawing and carpentry; their favorite school subject had been maths, their least favorite, spelling. They smoked and drank the same amount and got headaches at the same time of day." The similarities were uncanny. A great deal of who they would turn out to be appears to have been written in their genes.
RE: Genotype, phenotype, and phenotypic plasticity of willful behavior16-05-2022 00:08
Im a BM
★★☆☆☆
(158)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
DNA does not determine what we are.

Denial of freedom of choice.


DNA determines everything, including the choices that all animals make. Unless one uses a mind not created and controlled by DNA


No, it doesn't. DNA only determines what we look like. It does not take away freedom of choice.


Choice is a mental decision that happens in the mind created by DNA, so you only have the freedom to choose what your programming determines.

Some scientists claim that new discoveries have proved free will is an illusion. Nonsense, says Julian Baggini

Julian Baggini
Thu 19 Mar 2015 02.00 EDT
124
Whenever you read stories about identical twins separated at birth, they tend to follow the template set by the most remarkable of them all: the "two Jim's". James Springer and James Lewis were separated as one-month-olds, adopted by different families and reunited at age 39. When University of Minnesota psychologist Thomas Bouchard met them in 1979, he found, as a Washington Post article put it, both had "married and divorced a woman named Linda and remarried a Betty. They shared interests in mechanical drawing and carpentry; their favorite school subject had been maths, their least favorite, spelling. They smoked and drank the same amount and got headaches at the same time of day." The similarities were uncanny. A great deal of who they would turn out to be appears to have been written in their genes.



I remember over many decades hearing about how "instinct" is set in stone, genetically heritable traits that require no learning or thought, and cannot change.

Genotype determines phenotype, but that is not set in stone.

Phenotypic plasticity of genotypes evolved very early in the process.

Most, if not all animals with a central nervous system display phenotypic plasticity of behavior.

They learn and change their behavior accordingly. Except for the stupid ones.

"Man has no instincts" said my high school psychology teacher.

He then made it clear that humans are the only animals that can think for themselves.

I challenged him with some examples of how dogs think and learn, and how humans display uncontrollable animal instincts in their behavior.

He conceded that maybe certain "reflexes" among humans are instinctive, and maybe some animals can display more than just "reflexes."

Twins separated at birth choosing wives of the same name?

That's a wild one, but you have to consider the possibility of coincidence.

Coincidence versus common cause can be a paradox.

I used to think my choices were all about free will, then I remember all the stupid mistakes I made because I was horny.

Those salmon are so desperate to get the big O that they'll go on a suicide mission.
16-05-2022 13:17
SwanProfile picture★★★★☆
(1220)
Im a BM wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
DNA does not determine what we are.

Denial of freedom of choice.


DNA determines everything, including the choices that all animals make. Unless one uses a mind not created and controlled by DNA


No, it doesn't. DNA only determines what we look like. It does not take away freedom of choice.


Choice is a mental decision that happens in the mind created by DNA, so you only have the freedom to choose what your programming determines.

Some scientists claim that new discoveries have proved free will is an illusion. Nonsense, says Julian Baggini

Julian Baggini
Thu 19 Mar 2015 02.00 EDT
124
Whenever you read stories about identical twins separated at birth, they tend to follow the template set by the most remarkable of them all: the "two Jim's". James Springer and James Lewis were separated as one-month-olds, adopted by different families and reunited at age 39. When University of Minnesota psychologist Thomas Bouchard met them in 1979, he found, as a Washington Post article put it, both had "married and divorced a woman named Linda and remarried a Betty. They shared interests in mechanical drawing and carpentry; their favorite school subject had been maths, their least favorite, spelling. They smoked and drank the same amount and got headaches at the same time of day." The similarities were uncanny. A great deal of who they would turn out to be appears to have been written in their genes.



I remember over many decades hearing about how "instinct" is set in stone, genetically heritable traits that require no learning or thought, and cannot change.

Genotype determines phenotype, but that is not set in stone.

Phenotypic plasticity of genotypes evolved very early in the process.

Most, if not all animals with a central nervous system display phenotypic plasticity of behavior.

They learn and change their behavior accordingly. Except for the stupid ones.

"Man has no instincts" said my high school psychology teacher.

He then made it clear that humans are the only animals that can think for themselves.

I challenged him with some examples of how dogs think and learn, and how humans display uncontrollable animal instincts in their behavior.

He conceded that maybe certain "reflexes" among humans are instinctive, and maybe some animals can display more than just "reflexes."

Twins separated at birth choosing wives of the same name?

That's a wild one, but you have to consider the possibility of coincidence.

Coincidence versus common cause can be a paradox.

I used to think my choices were all about free will, then I remember all the stupid mistakes I made because I was horny.

Those salmon are so desperate to get the big O that they'll go on a suicide mission.


We are chemical computers running chemical codes, when the chemical testosterone subsides so do the chemical effects that it creates in the body subside, then you say, why did I do that when I was younger. Because you were running a code that you had no freedom to decide as the chemical is actually your reality, take away the test and insert estrogen and you change into pink panties. Free will does not exist in any form, now we are directed to leave Earth for other places as happened here at one time
16-05-2022 18:38
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18410)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
DNA does not determine what we are.

Denial of freedom of choice.


DNA determines everything, including the choices that all animals make. Unless one uses a mind not created and controlled by DNA


No, it doesn't. DNA only determines what we look like. It does not take away freedom of choice.


Choice is a mental decision that happens in the mind created by DNA, so you only have the freedom to choose what your programming determines.

Choice is not governed by DNA.
Swan wrote:
Some scientists claim that new discoveries have proved free will is an illusion. Nonsense, says Julian Baggini

Julian Baggini
Thu 19 Mar 2015 02.00 EDT
124
Whenever you read stories about identical twins separated at birth, they tend to follow the template set by the most remarkable of them all: the "two Jim's". James Springer and James Lewis were separated as one-month-olds, adopted by different families and reunited at age 39. When University of Minnesota psychologist Thomas Bouchard met them in 1979, he found, as a Washington Post article put it, both had "married and divorced a woman named Linda and remarried a Betty. They shared interests in mechanical drawing and carpentry; their favorite school subject had been maths, their least favorite, spelling. They smoked and drank the same amount and got headaches at the same time of day." The similarities were uncanny. A great deal of who they would turn out to be appears to have been written in their genes.

Psychoquackery. Not a theory of science.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
16-05-2022 18:42
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18410)
Swan wrote:
Im a BM wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
DNA does not determine what we are.

Denial of freedom of choice.


DNA determines everything, including the choices that all animals make. Unless one uses a mind not created and controlled by DNA


No, it doesn't. DNA only determines what we look like. It does not take away freedom of choice.


Choice is a mental decision that happens in the mind created by DNA, so you only have the freedom to choose what your programming determines.

Some scientists claim that new discoveries have proved free will is an illusion. Nonsense, says Julian Baggini

Julian Baggini
Thu 19 Mar 2015 02.00 EDT
124
Whenever you read stories about identical twins separated at birth, they tend to follow the template set by the most remarkable of them all: the "two Jim's". James Springer and James Lewis were separated as one-month-olds, adopted by different families and reunited at age 39. When University of Minnesota psychologist Thomas Bouchard met them in 1979, he found, as a Washington Post article put it, both had "married and divorced a woman named Linda and remarried a Betty. They shared interests in mechanical drawing and carpentry; their favorite school subject had been maths, their least favorite, spelling. They smoked and drank the same amount and got headaches at the same time of day." The similarities were uncanny. A great deal of who they would turn out to be appears to have been written in their genes.



I remember over many decades hearing about how "instinct" is set in stone, genetically heritable traits that require no learning or thought, and cannot change.

Genotype determines phenotype, but that is not set in stone.

Phenotypic plasticity of genotypes evolved very early in the process.

Most, if not all animals with a central nervous system display phenotypic plasticity of behavior.

They learn and change their behavior accordingly. Except for the stupid ones.

"Man has no instincts" said my high school psychology teacher.

He then made it clear that humans are the only animals that can think for themselves.

I challenged him with some examples of how dogs think and learn, and how humans display uncontrollable animal instincts in their behavior.

He conceded that maybe certain "reflexes" among humans are instinctive, and maybe some animals can display more than just "reflexes."

Twins separated at birth choosing wives of the same name?

That's a wild one, but you have to consider the possibility of coincidence.

Coincidence versus common cause can be a paradox.

I used to think my choices were all about free will, then I remember all the stupid mistakes I made because I was horny.

Those salmon are so desperate to get the big O that they'll go on a suicide mission.


We are chemical computers running chemical codes,

No, we are not. Our cells are, but we are more than just a hunk of cells.
Swan wrote:
when the chemical testosterone subsides so do the chemical effects that it creates in the body subside, then you say, why did I do that when I was younger.

Inexperience, usually.
Swan wrote:
Because you were running a code that you had no freedom to decide as the chemical is actually your reality,

You always have a freedom to decide. You do NOT have freedom from the consequences of that choice.
Swan wrote:
take away the test and insert estrogen and you change into pink panties. Free will does not exist in any form, now we are directed to leave Earth for other places as happened here at one time

Contrivance. What aboutism.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
16-05-2022 23:12
SwanProfile picture★★★★☆
(1220)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Im a BM wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
DNA does not determine what we are.

Denial of freedom of choice.


DNA determines everything, including the choices that all animals make. Unless one uses a mind not created and controlled by DNA


No, it doesn't. DNA only determines what we look like. It does not take away freedom of choice.


Choice is a mental decision that happens in the mind created by DNA, so you only have the freedom to choose what your programming determines.

Some scientists claim that new discoveries have proved free will is an illusion. Nonsense, says Julian Baggini

Julian Baggini
Thu 19 Mar 2015 02.00 EDT
124
Whenever you read stories about identical twins separated at birth, they tend to follow the template set by the most remarkable of them all: the "two Jim's". James Springer and James Lewis were separated as one-month-olds, adopted by different families and reunited at age 39. When University of Minnesota psychologist Thomas Bouchard met them in 1979, he found, as a Washington Post article put it, both had "married and divorced a woman named Linda and remarried a Betty. They shared interests in mechanical drawing and carpentry; their favorite school subject had been maths, their least favorite, spelling. They smoked and drank the same amount and got headaches at the same time of day." The similarities were uncanny. A great deal of who they would turn out to be appears to have been written in their genes.



I remember over many decades hearing about how "instinct" is set in stone, genetically heritable traits that require no learning or thought, and cannot change.

Genotype determines phenotype, but that is not set in stone.

Phenotypic plasticity of genotypes evolved very early in the process.

Most, if not all animals with a central nervous system display phenotypic plasticity of behavior.

They learn and change their behavior accordingly. Except for the stupid ones.

"Man has no instincts" said my high school psychology teacher.

He then made it clear that humans are the only animals that can think for themselves.

I challenged him with some examples of how dogs think and learn, and how humans display uncontrollable animal instincts in their behavior.

He conceded that maybe certain "reflexes" among humans are instinctive, and maybe some animals can display more than just "reflexes."

Twins separated at birth choosing wives of the same name?

That's a wild one, but you have to consider the possibility of coincidence.

Coincidence versus common cause can be a paradox.

I used to think my choices were all about free will, then I remember all the stupid mistakes I made because I was horny.

Those salmon are so desperate to get the big O that they'll go on a suicide mission.


We are chemical computers running chemical codes,

No, we are not. Our cells are, but we are more than just a hunk of cells.
Swan wrote:
when the chemical testosterone subsides so do the chemical effects that it creates in the body subside, then you say, why did I do that when I was younger.

Inexperience, usually.
Swan wrote:
Because you were running a code that you had no freedom to decide as the chemical is actually your reality,

You always have a freedom to decide. You do NOT have freedom from the consequences of that choice.
Swan wrote:
take away the test and insert estrogen and you change into pink panties. Free will does not exist in any form, now we are directed to leave Earth for other places as happened here at one time

Contrivance. What aboutism.


All your thoughts are created by DNA, freedom of choice is a thought created by as said DNA and there is nothing that you can do about this fact
16-05-2022 23:21
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18410)
Swan wrote:
All your thoughts are created by DNA, freedom of choice is a thought created by as said DNA and there is nothing that you can do about this fact

You already chanted this. Argument by repetition fallacy.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
16-05-2022 23:47
SwanProfile picture★★★★☆
(1220)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
All your thoughts are created by DNA, freedom of choice is a thought created by as said DNA and there is nothing that you can do about this fact

You already chanted this. Argument by repetition fallacy.

You are free to determine whatever is fallacious to you, however no other person on planet Earth shares your ignorant views, so you shall die with your ignorance as you live with it.
RE: Sociobiology and the Selfish Gene.17-05-2022 00:15
Im a BM
★★☆☆☆
(158)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Im a BM wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
DNA does not determine what we are.

Denial of freedom of choice.


DNA determines everything, including the choices that all animals make. Unless one uses a mind not created and controlled by DNA


No, it doesn't. DNA only determines what we look like. It does not take away freedom of choice.


Choice is a mental decision that happens in the mind created by DNA, so you only have the freedom to choose what your programming determines.

Some scientists claim that new discoveries have proved free will is an illusion. Nonsense, says Julian Baggini

Julian Baggini
Thu 19 Mar 2015 02.00 EDT
124
Whenever you read stories about identical twins separated at birth, they tend to follow the template set by the most remarkable of them all: the "two Jim's". James Springer and James Lewis were separated as one-month-olds, adopted by different families and reunited at age 39. When University of Minnesota psychologist Thomas Bouchard met them in 1979, he found, as a Washington Post article put it, both had "married and divorced a woman named Linda and remarried a Betty. They shared interests in mechanical drawing and carpentry; their favorite school subject had been maths, their least favorite, spelling. They smoked and drank the same amount and got headaches at the same time of day." The similarities were uncanny. A great deal of who they would turn out to be appears to have been written in their genes.



I remember over many decades hearing about how "instinct" is set in stone, genetically heritable traits that require no learning or thought, and cannot change.

Genotype determines phenotype, but that is not set in stone.

Phenotypic plasticity of genotypes evolved very early in the process.

Most, if not all animals with a central nervous system display phenotypic plasticity of behavior.

They learn and change their behavior accordingly. Except for the stupid ones.

"Man has no instincts" said my high school psychology teacher.

He then made it clear that humans are the only animals that can think for themselves.

I challenged him with some examples of how dogs think and learn, and how humans display uncontrollable animal instincts in their behavior.

He conceded that maybe certain "reflexes" among humans are instinctive, and maybe some animals can display more than just "reflexes."

Twins separated at birth choosing wives of the same name?

That's a wild one, but you have to consider the possibility of coincidence.

Coincidence versus common cause can be a paradox.

I used to think my choices were all about free will, then I remember all the stupid mistakes I made because I was horny.

Those salmon are so desperate to get the big O that they'll go on a suicide mission.


We are chemical computers running chemical codes,

No, we are not. Our cells are, but we are more than just a hunk of cells.
Swan wrote:
when the chemical testosterone subsides so do the chemical effects that it creates in the body subside, then you say, why did I do that when I was younger.

Inexperience, usually.
Swan wrote:
Because you were running a code that you had no freedom to decide as the chemical is actually your reality,

You always have a freedom to decide. You do NOT have freedom from the consequences of that choice.
Swan wrote:
take away the test and insert estrogen and you change into pink panties. Free will does not exist in any form, now we are directed to leave Earth for other places as happened here at one time

Contrivance. What aboutism.


All your thoughts are created by DNA, freedom of choice is a thought created by as said DNA and there is nothing that you can do about this fact



E.O. Wilson - "Sociobiology"

Richard Dawkins - "The Selfish Gene"

Two groundbreaking books were published by two geniuses in the mid 70s.

If a suicide mission is required to ensure the gene's replication, provide the machine with sufficient motivation to do it.

Maybe those salmon are delighted to be accomplishing their life's dream finally.

Maybe they believe the choices they make are their own free will.
17-05-2022 01:07
SwanProfile picture★★★★☆
(1220)
Im a BM wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Im a BM wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
DNA does not determine what we are.

Denial of freedom of choice.


DNA determines everything, including the choices that all animals make. Unless one uses a mind not created and controlled by DNA


No, it doesn't. DNA only determines what we look like. It does not take away freedom of choice.


Choice is a mental decision that happens in the mind created by DNA, so you only have the freedom to choose what your programming determines.

Some scientists claim that new discoveries have proved free will is an illusion. Nonsense, says Julian Baggini

Julian Baggini
Thu 19 Mar 2015 02.00 EDT
124
Whenever you read stories about identical twins separated at birth, they tend to follow the template set by the most remarkable of them all: the "two Jim's". James Springer and James Lewis were separated as one-month-olds, adopted by different families and reunited at age 39. When University of Minnesota psychologist Thomas Bouchard met them in 1979, he found, as a Washington Post article put it, both had "married and divorced a woman named Linda and remarried a Betty. They shared interests in mechanical drawing and carpentry; their favorite school subject had been maths, their least favorite, spelling. They smoked and drank the same amount and got headaches at the same time of day." The similarities were uncanny. A great deal of who they would turn out to be appears to have been written in their genes.



I remember over many decades hearing about how "instinct" is set in stone, genetically heritable traits that require no learning or thought, and cannot change.

Genotype determines phenotype, but that is not set in stone.

Phenotypic plasticity of genotypes evolved very early in the process.

Most, if not all animals with a central nervous system display phenotypic plasticity of behavior.

They learn and change their behavior accordingly. Except for the stupid ones.

"Man has no instincts" said my high school psychology teacher.

He then made it clear that humans are the only animals that can think for themselves.

I challenged him with some examples of how dogs think and learn, and how humans display uncontrollable animal instincts in their behavior.

He conceded that maybe certain "reflexes" among humans are instinctive, and maybe some animals can display more than just "reflexes."

Twins separated at birth choosing wives of the same name?

That's a wild one, but you have to consider the possibility of coincidence.

Coincidence versus common cause can be a paradox.

I used to think my choices were all about free will, then I remember all the stupid mistakes I made because I was horny.

Those salmon are so desperate to get the big O that they'll go on a suicide mission.


We are chemical computers running chemical codes,

No, we are not. Our cells are, but we are more than just a hunk of cells.
Swan wrote:
when the chemical testosterone subsides so do the chemical effects that it creates in the body subside, then you say, why did I do that when I was younger.

Inexperience, usually.
Swan wrote:
Because you were running a code that you had no freedom to decide as the chemical is actually your reality,

You always have a freedom to decide. You do NOT have freedom from the consequences of that choice.
Swan wrote:
take away the test and insert estrogen and you change into pink panties. Free will does not exist in any form, now we are directed to leave Earth for other places as happened here at one time

Contrivance. What aboutism.


All your thoughts are created by DNA, freedom of choice is a thought created by as said DNA and there is nothing that you can do about this fact



E.O. Wilson - "Sociobiology"

Richard Dawkins - "The Selfish Gene"

Two groundbreaking books were published by two geniuses in the mid 70s.

If a suicide mission is required to ensure the gene's replication, provide the machine with sufficient motivation to do it.

Maybe those salmon are delighted to be accomplishing their life's dream finally.

Maybe they believe the choices they make are their own free will.


Dawkins is a retard who believes that nothing created everything, which is a scientific impossibility that he has admitted, yet he still babbles that nothing creates stuff
18-05-2022 18:29
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18410)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
All your thoughts are created by DNA, freedom of choice is a thought created by as said DNA and there is nothing that you can do about this fact

You already chanted this. Argument by repetition fallacy.

You are free to determine whatever is fallacious to you,
They are YOUR fallacies. Only YOU can stop using them. I didn't create the fallacies.
Swan wrote:
however no other person on planet Earth shares your ignorant views,
Omniscience fallacy. Insult fallacy. Inversion fallacy.
Swan wrote:
so you shall die with your ignorance as you live with it.

Assumption of victory fallacy.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
18-05-2022 18:30
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18410)
Im a BM wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Im a BM wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
DNA does not determine what we are.

Denial of freedom of choice.


DNA determines everything, including the choices that all animals make. Unless one uses a mind not created and controlled by DNA


No, it doesn't. DNA only determines what we look like. It does not take away freedom of choice.


Choice is a mental decision that happens in the mind created by DNA, so you only have the freedom to choose what your programming determines.

Some scientists claim that new discoveries have proved free will is an illusion. Nonsense, says Julian Baggini

Julian Baggini
Thu 19 Mar 2015 02.00 EDT
124
Whenever you read stories about identical twins separated at birth, they tend to follow the template set by the most remarkable of them all: the "two Jim's". James Springer and James Lewis were separated as one-month-olds, adopted by different families and reunited at age 39. When University of Minnesota psychologist Thomas Bouchard met them in 1979, he found, as a Washington Post article put it, both had "married and divorced a woman named Linda and remarried a Betty. They shared interests in mechanical drawing and carpentry; their favorite school subject had been maths, their least favorite, spelling. They smoked and drank the same amount and got headaches at the same time of day." The similarities were uncanny. A great deal of who they would turn out to be appears to have been written in their genes.



I remember over many decades hearing about how "instinct" is set in stone, genetically heritable traits that require no learning or thought, and cannot change.

Genotype determines phenotype, but that is not set in stone.

Phenotypic plasticity of genotypes evolved very early in the process.

Most, if not all animals with a central nervous system display phenotypic plasticity of behavior.

They learn and change their behavior accordingly. Except for the stupid ones.

"Man has no instincts" said my high school psychology teacher.

He then made it clear that humans are the only animals that can think for themselves.

I challenged him with some examples of how dogs think and learn, and how humans display uncontrollable animal instincts in their behavior.

He conceded that maybe certain "reflexes" among humans are instinctive, and maybe some animals can display more than just "reflexes."

Twins separated at birth choosing wives of the same name?

That's a wild one, but you have to consider the possibility of coincidence.

Coincidence versus common cause can be a paradox.

I used to think my choices were all about free will, then I remember all the stupid mistakes I made because I was horny.

Those salmon are so desperate to get the big O that they'll go on a suicide mission.


We are chemical computers running chemical codes,

No, we are not. Our cells are, but we are more than just a hunk of cells.
Swan wrote:
when the chemical testosterone subsides so do the chemical effects that it creates in the body subside, then you say, why did I do that when I was younger.

Inexperience, usually.
Swan wrote:
Because you were running a code that you had no freedom to decide as the chemical is actually your reality,

You always have a freedom to decide. You do NOT have freedom from the consequences of that choice.
Swan wrote:
take away the test and insert estrogen and you change into pink panties. Free will does not exist in any form, now we are directed to leave Earth for other places as happened here at one time

Contrivance. What aboutism.


All your thoughts are created by DNA, freedom of choice is a thought created by as said DNA and there is nothing that you can do about this fact



E.O. Wilson - "Sociobiology"

Richard Dawkins - "The Selfish Gene"

Two groundbreaking books were published by two geniuses in the mid 70s.

If a suicide mission is required to ensure the gene's replication, provide the machine with sufficient motivation to do it.

Maybe those salmon are delighted to be accomplishing their life's dream finally.

Maybe they believe the choices they make are their own free will.

I already realize the Church of No God is a fundamentalist style religion. Quoting your scripture means nothing to me.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Page 3 of 3<123





Join the debate Biogeosocialists...:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact