Remember me
▼ Content

Best place to live in Europe( could also recommend some other place) for health reasons?

Best place to live in Europe( could also recommend some other place) for health reasons?30-12-2019 19:05
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
Hi

I live in Estonia and it is a pretty cold place during most of the year. I had my hopes on global warming that it could get better here but now I have a feeling that all this global warming hysteria is overhyped. The winters have gotten milder here I can not deny that but overall I feel that my body is deprived of sunshine most of the time. Even in summer. I am glosing to 40 and I my health is not as it use to be when younger. Flus, bronchitis etc etc during the winter months are starting to make life miserable. Where do you think is the best place in Europe to spend winters? I myself think Turkey costal are would be pretty good. Anyone here who has moved to a warmer place for health reasons and did it eventually help?
Edited on 30-12-2019 19:06
30-12-2019 20:54
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
Xadoman wrote: I live in Estonia and it is a pretty cold place during most of the year. I had my hopes on global warming that it could get better here but now I have a feeling that all this global warming hysteria is overhyped. The winters have gotten milder here I can not deny that ...

I don't even live in Estonia and I deny that "winters have gotten milder" there. I don't think you are capable of being honest even about your own experiences if your church leaders are obligating you to believe the opposite of what you directly observe.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
30-12-2019 21:41
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
I grew up on the side of a snow capped mountain in Oregon. Seldom got into the 80's during the summer. Our hottest summer, it almost got up to 90 F. Weather was miserable, lot rain most of the year, snow in the winter (oct.-May). Moved to Florida, it's been great. Hurricanes kind of suck, but nice most of the time. Our winters have been milder too. Daytime highs have dropped below 60 F yet, and night time lows have dropped below 40 F. Mostly, been 70's this winter, low 80's. Little too windy to do much drone flying. I'm 56, don't have any of those health problems. Did have my appendix removed, little over a year ago, but got over it.
30-12-2019 22:24
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Xadoman wrote:
Hi

I live in Estonia and it is a pretty cold place during most of the year. I had my hopes on global warming that it could get better here but now I have a feeling that all this global warming hysteria is overhyped. The winters have gotten milder here I can not deny that but overall I feel that my body is deprived of sunshine most of the time. Even in summer. I am glosing to 40 and I my health is not as it use to be when younger. Flus, bronchitis etc etc during the winter months are starting to make life miserable. Where do you think is the best place in Europe to spend winters? I myself think Turkey costal are would be pretty good. Anyone here who has moved to a warmer place for health reasons and did it eventually help?

There is a reason Estonia is cold, the flow from the Gulf Stream that goes past Norway has recirculation gyres. The one that flows into the North Sea does not make it to Estonia. If it did, your country would be warmer.
I like causing these guys problems because I used to live in Ålesund, Norway.
While the Gulf Stream has a flow that goes into the North Sea, I think it stops at Denmark. Water temperature and salinity levels keep the 2 flows of water separate.
And since you are asking about Europe, it might help you to understand how the Gulf Stream influences weather in Europe. There are a few reasons the Baltic Sea doesn't mix with the North Sea. Salinity is one of them.
This video will help to explain why Estonia might have a cooler climate than Poland or Germany. Estonia is the Baltic Sea while the North Sea is warmed by the Gulf Stream.
https://youtu.be/GElzGbyR27o
30-12-2019 23:02
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
I don't even live in Estonia and I deny that "winters have gotten milder" there

I remember how it use to be about 25 years ago . I lived near the lake and we played a lot of hokey. The ice got pretty thick on the lake in the end of the winter. 70 cm or so. Now the weather fluctuates around zero and ice formation is problematic. Even if we have a week or two of frost in january or february , the ice is not going to get over 20-25 cm in thickness.
The other thing I have noticed is that the sun does not have the power it use to have when I was younger. Maybe it is an age issue but when I was younger mu skin got red easily while walking without T-shirt but now it seems impossible. I walked without T-shirt the entire summer and all I got was a light tan. I want more.

Moved to Florida, it's been great

Good move. Florida is a dreamland.

There is a reason Estonia is cold, the flow from the Gulf Stream that goes past Norway has recirculation gyres. The one that flows into the North Sea does not make it to Estonia. If it did, your country would be warmer.
I like causing these guys problems because I used to live in Ålesund, Norway.
While the Gulf Stream has a flow that goes into the North Sea, I think it stops at Denmark. Water temperature and salinity levels keep the 2 flows of water separate.
And since you are asking about Europe, it might help you to understand how the Gulf Stream influences weather in Europe. There are a few reasons the Baltic Sea doesn't mix with the North Sea. Salinity is one of them.
This video will help to explain why Estonia might have a cooler climate than Poland or Germany. Estonia is the Baltic Sea while the North Sea is warmed by the Gulf Stream.
https://youtu.be/GElzGbyR27o

I have read the gulf stream has a great influence on Estonia too. Without it we would be in serious trouble. There have been rumors that the stream is slowing down because of the non-salty water from ice melting that blocks the stream.
30-12-2019 23:33
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
James___ wrote:
Xadoman wrote:
Hi

There is a reason Estonia is cold, the flow from the Gulf Stream that goes past Norway has recirculation gyres.

The Gulf Stream doesn't go anywhere near Estonia or Norway.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
31-12-2019 00:52
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Xadoman wrote:
Hi

There is a reason Estonia is cold, the flow from the Gulf Stream that goes past Norway has recirculation gyres.

This might be what has driven migration.
As far as Estonia goes, the Gulf Stream doesn't hep to warm it like it does the west coast of Norway.
Edited on 31-12-2019 01:19
31-12-2019 18:28
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
About 4 years ago i saw the leader of Estonia speak for a while. He was the most sensible politician i ever saw. Too bad he can't be Pres of the US.
Of the current bunch of politicians i don't know who i would favor. I don't even know which party i would favor.
I've never voted, voting only encourages them.
31-12-2019 19:17
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
keepit wrote:
About 4 years ago i saw the leader of Estonia speak for a while. He was the most sensible politician i ever saw. Too bad he can't be Pres of the US.
Of the current bunch of politicians i don't know who i would favor. I don't even know which party i would favor.
I've never voted, voting only encourages them.

Don't vote? Don't bitch.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
31-12-2019 20:21
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
I rarely bitch Gas. Global warming is a global thing though and beyond politics.
Most things about the US i like a lot. I feel lucky.
Happy New Year.
31-12-2019 20:55
(14389)
keepit wrote: Global warming is a global thing though and beyond politics.

Global Warming is a mental thing driving politics.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
31-12-2019 22:39
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Just wordplay and semantics IBDM.
There's a real problem with climate.. I don't know why you believe your own propaganda.
01-01-2020 00:06
(14389)
keepit wrote:
There's a real problem with climate.. I don't know why you believe your own propaganda.

You are just preaching WACKY religious dogma, keepit. There is nothing real about your "Climate." It doesn't exist ... your stupid religious devotion notwithstanding.

How do you plan on praying to Climate in the new year?

[note: it takes a special kind of stupid to observe months upon months of no one being able to unambiguously define the supposed global Climate to nonetheless insist that it is "real and active in our lives." It takes a special kind of moron to blatantly ignore that fact no science works that way. It takes a special type of arrogant ashsole to pretend to mock others for not being as stupid and gullible]

01-01-2020 00:17
(21582)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
Xadoman wrote:
Hi

This might be what has driven migration.
As far as Estonia goes, the Gulf Stream doesn't hep to warm it like it does the west coast of Norway.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
01-01-2020 00:19
(21582)
keepit wrote:
I rarely bitch Gas.

Lie.
keepit wrote:
Global warming is a global thing though and beyond politics.

Define 'global warming'.

The Parrot Killer

01-01-2020 00:21
(21582)
keepit wrote:

You could always use English. It is YOU trying to redefine words and use meaningless words.
keepit wrote:
There's a real problem with climate..

A desert climate is still a desert climate. A marine climate is still a marine climate. What is the problem?
keepit wrote:
I don't know why you believe your own propaganda.

Void argument fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

01-01-2020 00:25
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
ITN,
The subject was politics and i said i rarely bitch. You say that is a lie. What examples can you give?

And it is you and IBDM that are frequently trying to argue semantycs. It is me that says to quit the semantic game.
Edited on 01-01-2020 00:27
01-01-2020 00:59
(21582)
keepit wrote:
ITN,
The subject was politics and i said i rarely bitch.

Lie.
keepit wrote:
You say that is a lie.

That's right. It's a lie. You are bitching right now.
keepit wrote:
What examples can you give?

RQAA.
keepit wrote:
And it is you and IBDM that are frequently trying to argue semantycs.

The word is 'semantics'. No, it is YOU trying to do that. Inversion fallacy. Irrationality.
keepit wrote:
It is me that says to quit the semantic game.

Lie. You are arguing semantics right now. Irrationality. You must clear this paradox, dude.

The Parrot Killer

01-01-2020 01:23
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
ITN,
The subject was politics.
I wasn't bitching about politics, i was bitching about you.
Your claim that i was bitching about politics is false.
01-01-2020 10:33
(21582)
keepit wrote:
ITN,
The subject was politics.
Then stay on topic.
keepit wrote:
I wasn't bitching about politics, i was bitching about you.
You are bitching about everything.
keepit wrote:
Your claim that i was bitching about politics is false.

You're bitching about that too, liar.

The Parrot Killer

Join the debate Best place to live in Europe( could also recommend some other place) for health reasons?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Would You Join A New Secret Society Help Humans Live To At Least 200 Years And More ?203-01-2024 20:18
FYI, Mental Health014-11-2023 04:20
Limited Time Special Book: How To Increase Longevity, Live To 600+ Year More904-04-2023 13:49
Gargantuan sluice gate in Gulf Stream to warm Europe, lower nat gas need2926-04-2022 18:14
Relaxing Music with a Nice View of the Earth (Live Stream)3301-01-2022 03:57
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact