Remember me
▼ Content

BCA Research

Page 1 of 212>
BCA Research12-05-2023 21:13
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
BCA is predicting a 50/50 chance that ai will end humanity.
For what bca's prediction is worth.
12-05-2023 22:36
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
keepit wrote:

Just like Al Gore predicted that the North pole would be ice free by 2013. Go fat Al

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
13-05-2023 05:05
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5193)
keepit wrote:

Never heard of BCA, but it's democrat fear-mongering. Society is already in the toilet, thanks to democrats. More likely we are heading toward a long period of anarchy, as the democrats seem to be in a rush, and think they have the support an momentum to install their one-party, global government. The human species will endure and survive. Democrats, not so much...
13-05-2023 06:04
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
I've never heard of BCA either but google says it is 74 years old and is recognized as a top research entity with offices world wide and customers worldwide.
13-05-2023 06:27
(5193)
keepit wrote:
I've never heard of BCA either but google says it is 74 years old and is recognized as a top research entity with offices world wide and customers worldwide.

Shouldn't the word, 'customers' have alerted you to the fact that they hope to sell you a 'product'?

AI is a tool, and in some applications it will be very useful. Still won't replace humans, and has no potential to operate outside the task it was trained to perform.
13-05-2023 12:55
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:

Shouldn't the word, 'customers' have alerted you to the fact that they hope to sell you a 'product'?

AI is a tool, and in some applications it will be very useful. Still won't replace humans, and has no potential to operate outside the task it was trained to perform.

Ai is already replacing humans, and when it goes conscious no human programmer will ever be needed again. Already, AI- and machine learning-enabled technologies are used in medicine, transportation, robotics, science, education, the military, surveillance, finance and its regulation, agriculture, entertainment, retail, customer service, and manufacturing.

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

Edited on 13-05-2023 12:58
13-05-2023 17:08
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
The warnings i've been hearing from those knowledgeable in ai tell me that ai is getting close to being able to make independent decisions (if it hasn't already started).
13-05-2023 20:51
(5193)
keepit wrote:
The warnings i've been hearing from those knowledgeable in ai tell me that ai is getting close to being able to make independent decisions (if it hasn't already started).

Machines have been making decision for a long time, it's called 'automation'. AI is no different, it performs the task it was instructed to do, using the training provided. AI doesn't 'think', it processes data, and can take specific actions, based on statistical probabilities it's analysis is correct for that action.

An AI could give suggestions on which cryptocurency to buy, and when to bail, before losing it all. But, it's not going to know how many people will follow the suggestion, or how generously. Still a huge gamble, but less risk than ignorance. It presumes it's training is completely accurate and truthful, not normal for crypto exchanges. AI would not be useful for many other types of investments either, as marketing hype, and false dream sell a fantasy of fast wealth.

AI is just an improvement in automation. We all do a lot of redundant, repetitious tasks, which don't require much thought, or any decision making. There is a lot of potential profit in AI, and lot of people hope to get in on it. Lot of people hope to secure their place in the market, and limit competition. Our computers and phones are data mines, which many use for marketing. AI is just another opportunity to gather more detailed data from the users of the technology. Marketing is about selling you something you don't really want, or need, or total crap. The mined data tells marketers what you interests are, and sort of advertisements work best on you. The products aren't just stuff, physical things. Could be anything, politics, activists, services...
13-05-2023 21:20
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Harvey,
It seems to me that you are talking about the past without imagining the future of ai (maybe it's already here).
13-05-2023 21:21
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14373)
keepit wrote:The warnings i've been hearing from those knowledgeable in ai tell me that ai is getting close to being able to make independent decisions (if it hasn't already started).

What Harvey wrote is correct. Decision-making support is one of the components of AI and is a form of automation.

However, I notice your use of the word "warnings" to erroneously imply that computer software will develop a will of its own, and that we should fear and panic at the impending slavery of humanity. Don't mind if I pass on that.

The way that AI "makes decisions" is purely an "in advance" methodology whereby some expert's decision-making process is captured and many scenarios are decided "in advance." Machine learning runs new scenarios through the process and fine-tunes the decision-making of the expert system.

So keepit, AI decision-making is always within a specific domain, e.g. decisions to increase or decrease inventory, and cannot "decide" outside of that, and cannot "act impulsively" or "become emotional" or somehow begin making decisions outside of that domain.
13-05-2023 21:28
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
ibd,
You're talking about the past.
13-05-2023 21:33
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
ibd and Harvey,
If you program ai to make decision a or b or in response to x, do you think ai could ever be capable making decision y in the future assuming no new programming?
13-05-2023 21:48
(5193)
keepit wrote:
ibd,
You're talking about the past.

Nope, it's the current state of the technology, which is being applied in more areas of our lives. The past, was automation, like machines in factories. AI today, is being applied to anything digital. Stuff we do on our computers and smart phones. You seem stuck on fantasy future world AI. Sci-fi books an films are often loosely based on science facts. The science only provides a point of departure. A lot of it is based on science-failure though. People spent time, and our tax dollars researching stuff, with no hope of success. The fiction, sort of salvages some of that work, for profits. It started as a dream, a fantasy after all. A story, only needs to be entertaining, not functional, or accurate.

You were an EMS dude. How many times did CPR actually work, compared to failed attempts? It's certainly better than doing nothing at all, usually (some are a little rough, do more damage, than good). But, for the most part, it's not until EMS shows up, hooks up the oxygen tank, inject some drugs, that any magic happens. On TV, CPR works flawlessly, almost every time...
13-05-2023 22:43
(14373)
HarveyH55 wrote:You were an EMS dude. How many times did CPR actually work, compared to failed attempts?

... and then breaks it down much further.

How many CPR attempts began with chest compressions vs. mouth-to-mouth? How many of the initial chest compressions were two successive three-count compressions vs. only one? How many breaths were used in the initial mouth-to-mouth? How many seconds lapsed between collapse and CPR? What was the blood alcohol content? Is the patient diabetic? What type? Cancer? How many of IBDaMann's posts had he read? Etc., etc., etc. ....

After a few million complete data entries, the system will be able to provide a visualization for the optimal procedure given whatever circumstances.
13-05-2023 22:49
Robert Wagner
★☆☆☆☆
(68)
IBdaMann wrote:
[How many of IBDaMann's posts had he read?

Hopefully none. The average person is in serious risk of loosing braincells reading your posts, troll.

Only fools keep denying man made climate change.
Attached image:

13-05-2023 23:04
(14373)
Troll Wagner wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Hopefully none. The average person is in serious risk of loosing braincells reading your posts, troll.

Well, there you have it; Troll Wagner testifies to the power of my posts to overload the minds of average persons.

Troll Wagner, what constitutes an average person in your opinion?
14-05-2023 00:01
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
so why are you unwilling to discuss the future?
14-05-2023 00:48
Robert Wagner
★☆☆☆☆
(68)
IBdaMann wrote:
Troll Wagner wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Well, there you have it; Troll Wagner testifies to the power of my posts to overload the minds of average persons.

Troll Wagner, what constitutes an average person in your opinion?

Overload?
Yeah, overload of stupidity, troll.

Only fools keep denying man made climate change.
14-05-2023 01:04
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Harvey,
To answer your question - CPR protocols change more often than you would think. The results vary from state to state and from county to county and also vary quite a bit depending on response time. I guess you ask this anticipating that ai will figure out the best way to do things.
Actually though, i'm still trying to discuss ai's ability to vary from the input that humans gave it.
14-05-2023 03:30
(5193)
keepit wrote:
so why are you unwilling to discuss the future?

Tomorrow may never come, for some of us... Why worry, or discuss things that may never happen? The present state of AI, is a long way off, from the sci-fi misrepresentation.
14-05-2023 03:47
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
that's not the way to learn and discover.
14-05-2023 17:50
(5193)
keepit wrote:
that's not the way to learn and discover.

We learn from the past, things that already happened. We discover things today. It's okay to plan, prepare, think about tomorrow, but no guarantee that anything will go as planned. The more time and resources you invest in tomorrow, is often a waste. Fine, if you have plenty of time and money to waste, and nothing better to do with them.

Most of the people developing AI hope to produce tools that a lot of people are going to want, and buy. They hope to profit from their efforts. Some will pursue wild ideas on the side, just to see if it can be done. Might get lucky, and find a limited market, if it works out. Some may take a darker path, and see profit in criminal applications of their work.
14-05-2023 18:20
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Harvey,
I get what you are saying. I just think it's more interesting to speculate about the future. I realize predicting the future is next to impossible but i still think it's a good idea to pay attention to the possible scenarios and prepare. It's probably futile though, as you say.

I hope you realize that the ai i'm warning about is the ai that can make independent decisions to do things like learn the bengladese language. This is what the ceo of google said that his ai did. Such an ai could make other decisions that might be extremely dangerous. Who would be able to prevent that?
Edited on 14-05-2023 18:53
14-05-2023 22:51
(5193)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
I get what you are saying. I just think it's more interesting to speculate about the future. I realize predicting the future is next to impossible but i still think it's a good idea to pay attention to the possible scenarios and prepare. It's probably futile though, as you say.

I hope you realize that the ai i'm warning about is the ai that can make independent decisions to do things like learn the bengladese language. This is what the ceo of google said that his ai did. Such an ai could make other decisions that might be extremely dangerous. Who would be able to prevent that?

I don't believe Google's AI can learn anything without human intervention. Check out the progress with AI self-driving cars... This is some of the most state-of-the-art AI work being done. It's critical, that people don't get seriously hurt, or killed, minimal property damage. It's really critical to going all EV. They can greatly reduce car ownership/energy use, if people simple schedule a self-driving vehicle to transport them as needed. Most vehicles are parked most of the day/night anyway. Less cars means, less need for parking spaces at businesses, public places. Total game-changer for public transportation, which with EVs, what most people will get stuck with. Curbside pickup/delivery, anywhere, anytime. Rather than walking to a bus stop, or train station, wait for the right on to show up, on their schedule. Make sure you get off at the nearest stop to your destination, walk the rest of the way. More stops on the route just adds transit time. A self-driving car can simply dock at the nearest charging station between requests, or as needed.
14-05-2023 23:09
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
It takes an education in software engineering and experience at a company that is doing the work of development. I don't have that kind of education so i have to believe the ceo of google. What is your education and experience that makes you think ai can't make independent decisions and act on them regardless of their consequences?\
\
I forgot to mention that the chief of software engineering at google recently quit and moved to canada because he didn't like what was going on at google.
Edited on 14-05-2023 23:11
15-05-2023 06:48
(14373)
keepit wrote:I don't have that kind of education so i have to believe the ceo of google.

This is reflective of your poor judgement and why you write so many stupid things. You have people on this site giving you the correct answers for free, and you instead prefer to trust manipulative press releases that are aimed at the gullible to keep stock values high.

You are not going about this in a particularly intelligent manner.

keepit wrote: What is your education and experience that makes you think ai can't make independent decisions and act on them regardless of their consequences?

What factor contributed the most to your inability to read my posts that stand on their own and answer your questions?

keepit wrote:I forgot to mention that the chief of software engineering at google recently quit and moved to canada because he didn't like what was going on at google.

That would probably be the reason anyone would quit working at Google.

Let me know when you find out how software can develop an independent will. Good luck.
15-05-2023 15:54
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote:The warnings i've been hearing from those knowledgeable in ai tell me that ai is getting close to being able to make independent decisions (if it hasn't already started).

What Harvey wrote is correct. Decision-making support is one of the components of AI and is a form of automation.

However, I notice your use of the word "warnings" to erroneously imply that computer software will develop a will of its own, and that we should fear and panic at the impending slavery of humanity. Don't mind if I pass on that.

The way that AI "makes decisions" is purely an "in advance" methodology whereby some expert's decision-making process is captured and many scenarios are decided "in advance." Machine learning runs new scenarios through the process and fine-tunes the decision-making of the expert system.

So keepit, AI decision-making is always within a specific domain, e.g. decisions to increase or decrease inventory, and cannot "decide" outside of that, and cannot "act impulsively" or "become emotional" or somehow begin making decisions outside of that domain.

The fact is that the congress is so scared of the top secret ai programming that they just passed a law banning ai from accessing nuclear launch codes or being in the loop in any way. No this is not a movie; this is reality now.

You may now resume fingerpainting

ULTRA MAGA

15-05-2023 16:01
(14373)
keepit wrote:I guess you ask this anticipating that ai will figure out the best way to do things.

AI won't be doing the figuring. The software programmers will be doing the figuring.

keepit wrote:Actually though, i'm still trying to discuss ai's ability to vary from the input that humans gave it.

Do you mean like THIS? I wrote about synthetic data generators previously but you didn't seem to have much interest.
15-05-2023 16:38
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote:I guess you ask this anticipating that ai will figure out the best way to do things.

AI won't be doing the figuring. The software programmers will be doing the figuring.

keepit wrote:Actually though, i'm still trying to discuss ai's ability to vary from the input that humans gave it.

Do you mean like THIS? I wrote about synthetic data generators previously but you didn't seem to have much interest.

Says the idiot who literally denies the last ice age because I didn't see it. You may now resume fingerpainting with your Mommy

ULTRA MAGA

15-05-2023 16:40
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
I haven't been alking about how ai works nows. It's about thow it might become, if it hasn't already.
15-05-2023 16:51
(14373)
keepit wrote:I haven't been alking about how ai works nows. It's about thow it might become, if it hasn't already.

Specifically, you have been fear-mongering about software developing a "will" and then acting impulsively on emotion, and then seizing control of resources and making decisions, all outside its programming.

You go first. How do you imagine this coming about?
15-05-2023 17:08
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
ibd,
Too hard a question for me.
15-05-2023 17:13
(14373)
keepit wrote:ibd, Too hard a question for me.

You don't get to refuse to answer the question and then dismiss others who know much more than you do and who are telling you that it is not possible.
15-05-2023 18:33
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
ibd,
I don't even know much about free will. It's hard to define.
Plus, i don't see any evidence that anyone on this website knows very much about computers or ai.
I can imagine ai making a decision that affects the whole world without knowing the consequences though, especially with the level of integration of systems nowadays. That integration is a fundamental thing that concerns me, for what it's worth.
15-05-2023 19:20
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote:ibd, Too hard a question for me.

You don't get to refuse to answer the question and then dismiss others who know much more than you do and who are telling you that it is not possible.

Hey retard, no one has to answer your dumb questions as that is all that you can muster. So if you do not like adults telling you to screw, you may leave at any time.

ULTRA MAGA

15-05-2023 19:58
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Swan,
i second that emotion.
15-05-2023 20:37
(14373)
keepit wrote:ibd,I don't even know much about free will. It's hard to define.

So why would you ever presume that a new "free will" would ever spring from software?

keepit wrote:Plus, i don't see any evidence that anyone on this website knows very much about computers or ai.

Is that because you chose to ignore all the posts coming out of the woodwork to explain it?

Tell me, keepit, what do I not know about AI?

All you have done is dismiss correct answers and then explain that you have no basis for dismissing anyone's answers because you don't know anything yourself.

What do I not know, keepit?
16-05-2023 01:01
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
you don't know when to shut your mouth.
16-05-2023 01:14
(14373)
keepit wrote:you don't know when to shut your mouth.

Tell us again how a printed dollar does not increase the amount of dollars.
16-05-2023 01:48
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
When the printed dollar is used to pay off printed treasuries.
Page 1 of 212>

Join the debate BCA Research:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Green Hydrogen Survey for scientific research602-12-2020 18:37
Research examines new links between retreating glaciers and global warming130-04-2019 16:04
Research Grant Fraud931-03-2019 17:28
The hotter the classroom, the lower the test scores, research finds106-03-2019 21:58
US faces fresh water shortages due to climate change, research says405-03-2019 23:13
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact