08-09-2017 02:11
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
So are you saying the atmosphere is still being heated a tad bit
even though the sun is down and the sky in nearly dark? Did I understand that right? And if so, why does daytime heating not begin (1-2 F in 10-15 min) until after the sun is up? Of course I'm talking about those clear calm mornings with no wind. I have even seen "flash frost" on those types of mornings in the late fall as the sun was 1/2 way clear of the horizon and the temps are hovering right at that 32-34 mark.

Sure, I'd love to pay my gambling losses. We can work together and eliminate some of that harmful methane by consuming some beef! Anytime.

Last night it stayed the same temperature from two hours before sunset until 3 am. But in nightmare's world it cools 20 degrees in seconds.

You're near the ocean.You get almost continuous air moving in from the ocean.

And yes, it CAN cool 20 degrees F in a relatively short space of time. The fastest I've seen was about 5 minutes, due to the arrival of a hail storm and a violent cold front right behind it.

So now in your world can = does.

Would you like to know what my friend the hacker tells me about you?I wouldn't mind everyone knowing.
08-09-2017 03:26
GreenMan
★★★☆☆
(661)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Greenlite wrote;
I don't consider it putting my "faith in NASA and NOAA," but I do have confidence that they aren't trying to mislead people with erroneous data. And at the same time, I have tremendous confidence also in denier websites doing just that.

Paradox? Hate that word faith don't you?
So far your evidence for global warming is NOAA, NASA, and a couple of Hurricanes. Can you do any better?

Yes, you left out my Climate Model. That is my only evidence for global warming. The rest is other people's evidence for global warming, which is mounting more and more each day, and it's starting to piss people like Rush Linbaugh off. Now Category 5 hurricanes are being over hyped by Alarmists, lol. We just watched the worst natural disaster to happen in our lifetimes, and now a Category 5 hurricane is bearing down on Florida. But you guys don't see any evidence of Global Warming? Rush Limbaugh was talking about how the media was misleading people about where the hurricane was going, just to get people worked up. And that is basically what you were saying, about the hurricane really going a little east, and the media wasn't reporting it.

You apparently don't pay much attention to the actual media, any more than Rush Limbaugh. And neither of you know much about hurricane forecasting, or even hurricanes.

That picture you posted. It shows the hurricane in one of the most destructive positions there is, or close to it. Just move the hurricane a little closer inland, and then move it up the coast. It sits out over water, so it doesn't die down. It goes up the coast full strength Category 5. The tidal surge alone will flood the entire east coast of Florida. Move it in just a little closer to land and you have the wind damage, and the rain, and the surge, moving up the coast, full blast.

And, if you have been paying attention to what they call the spaghetti models [which show multiple model predictions, not just the one you were looking at], you will see that the do show the south to north coast trajectory. But this thing is so freaking big that it could go straight up the middle of the state, and still maintain hurricane strength, because it will be able to keep a foot in the water on both sides of the peninsula.

Lucky you, up in Iowa, and not down in beautiful Miami Beach. Those people down there believe in climate change, regardless of their political party. Well, they will when this one is over.

GasGuzzler wrote:
Seriously, when you find a great article that shows warming, don't you find it odd that it's always something or somewhere that average Joe can't verify? It's something from space, or the Arctic circle, or northern Siberia, or 10,000 ft down in the ocean, or a heat wave in Zimbabwe. Why should't we be able to see this deadly warming right is our own US of A? I've seen reports of 5 million dead per year due to global warming. You know anyone?

By the way, that hurricane data I was talking about was not a report. It is raw model forecast data. The GFS is a bit more ominous, sending Erma up the Eastern Florida coast but never land falling her till Carolina. Below is the NAM, another trusted medium range model, with a due north path and giving Florida a breezy day without as much a a shingle ripped off. Erma will likely be a bad day for some, but I'm hearing some crap that she will be worse than Andrew 25 years ago and Miami Dade is going to be leveled again. Andrew by the way had a land speed recorded gust of 185.(going off memory there, correct me of I'm wrong)

It's strange to me that people can be so misled about virtually anything their leaders want to mislead them about. Climate Change Denial is comparable to Hitler's takeover of Germany. He did that partially by uniting people against a religious group of people. And then of course killed a bunch of them. So it's in a way, an even closer scenario. It's easy to convince people that something like Climate Change isn't real, if that person already doesn't want to believe that it is real. If you don't want to believe something, you can look for whatever it is that's out there, to prove your belief, whether that something is relevant or not. As long as it makes you feel secure about your decision to believe whatever it is that your leaders [the ones who put those seeds of doubt out there] want you to believe.

You are probably a normal man, Jizzy. And you don't realize that you have been duped. The power to become unduped is within reach. All you have to do is start thinking for yourself.

~*~ GreenMan ~*~

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/leftbehind/index.php
08-09-2017 04:06
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
Yes, you left out my Climate Model. That is my only evidence for global warming. The rest is other people's evidence for global warming, which is mounting more and more each day, and it's starting to piss people like Rush Linbaugh off.

Yes indeed, AGW evidence is starting to mount and it will be named Mt Trashmore.
Now Category 5 hurricanes are being over hyped by Alarmists, lol
Cat 5s are nothing new
We just watched the worst natural disaster to happen in our lifetimes, and now a Category 5 hurricane is bearing down on Florida.

Can you show me how these storms are global warming related. Warm water doesn't work. These water temps are warm but nothing out of the ordinary? Do you even know how and where a hurricane originates?
But you guys don't see any evidence of Global Warming? Rush Limbaugh
was talking about how the media was misleading people about where the hurricane was going, just to get people worked up. And that is basically what you were saying, about the hurricane really going a little east, and the media wasn't reporting it.

No he wasn't and I'm not either. I was saying there were a LOT of models showing an eastern track that missed land altogether. Did you see those on TV?
You apparently don't pay much attention to the actual media, any more than Rush Limbaugh. And neither of you know much about hurricane forecasting, or even hurricanes.

No I don't much listen to the media. I have learned where forecasters get the info they do there forecasts with. I pay attention to the same data sets and forecast models they use. Accuracy is still limited 3 days out, sometime 3 hours out in some explosive storm situations. Yet you will forecast the temp 100 years from now. Impressive model you built.
That picture you posted. It shows the hurricane in one of the most destructive positions there is, or close to it. Just move the hurricane a little closer inland, and then move it up the coast. It sits out over water, so it doesn't die down. It goes up the coast full strength Category 5. The tidal surge alone will flood the entire east coast of Florida. Move it in just a little closer to land and you have the wind damage, and the rain, and the surge, moving up the coast, full blast.

A western track to this storm would be bad for Miami and the keys. An Eastern track over open water would NOT bring Cat 5 winds to the eastern Florida coast. Even if is hugged the coast in a due north track it won't bring Cat 5 or even 4 winds to the coast. You have to look at the forward momentum and the right front quadrant will devastate anything it hits flush. Those are where the strongest winds are located, but the media is in all hyper mode and won't tell you that. Liability issues too. Peoples safety is their concern and better safe than sorry.
And, if you have been paying attention to what they call the spaghetti models [which show multiple model predictions, not just the one you were looking at], you will see that the do show the south to north coast trajectory. But this thing is so freaking big that it could go straight up the middle of the state, and still maintain hurricane strength, because it will be able to keep a foot in the water on both sides of the peninsula.

Never seen an eye wall maintain hurricane strength(>74mph) over land that long. I doubt it.
Lucky you, up in Iowa, and not down in beautiful Miami Beach. Those people down there believe in climate change, regardless of their political party. Well, they will when this one is over.

I live in Iowa where there are tornadoes. It comes with the territory. I accept it and choose to live here knowing that someday my house, or worse could be gone instantly. Same for the people in hurricane land.
Climate Change Denial is comparable to Hitler's takeover of Germany. He did that partially by uniting people against a religious group of people. And then of course killed a bunch of them. So it's in a way, an even closer scenario.

So climate change IS a religion
If you don't want to believe something, you can look for whatever it is that's out there, to prove your belief, whether that something is relevant or not. As long as it makes you feel secure about your decision to believe whatever it is that your leaders [the ones who put those seeds of doubt out there] want you to believe.

Lots of faith in that paragraph, once again showing climate change to be a religion
you don't realize that you have been duped. The power to become unduped is within reach. All you have to do is start thinking for yourself.

Comments like these only lead me to think you may finally be coming around. When all you've got left are insults, you've got nothin.
Edited on 08-09-2017 04:49
08-09-2017 04:49
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
So are you saying the atmosphere is still being heated a tad bit
even though the sun is down and the sky in nearly dark? Did I understand that right? And if so, why does daytime heating not begin (1-2 F in 10-15 min) until after the sun is up? Of course I'm talking about those clear calm mornings with no wind. I have even seen "flash frost" on those types of mornings in the late fall as the sun was 1/2 way clear of the horizon and the temps are hovering right at that 32-34 mark.

Sure, I'd love to pay my gambling losses. We can work together and eliminate some of that harmful methane by consuming some beef! Anytime.

Last night it stayed the same temperature from two hours before sunset until 3 am. But in nightmare's world it cools 20 degrees in seconds.

You're near the ocean.You get almost continuous air moving in from the ocean.

And yes, it CAN cool 20 degrees F in a relatively short space of time. The fastest I've seen was about 5 minutes, due to the arrival of a hail storm and a violent cold front right behind it.

So now in your world can = does.

Would you like to know what my friend the hacker tells me about you?I wouldn't mind everyone knowing.

More like can = did.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
08-09-2017 05:11
(21599)
GreenMan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Greenlite wrote;
I don't consider it putting my "faith in NASA and NOAA," but I do have confidence that they aren't trying to mislead people with erroneous data. And at the same time, I have tremendous confidence also in denier websites doing just that.

Paradox? Hate that word faith don't you?
So far your evidence for global warming is NOAA, NASA, and a couple of Hurricanes. Can you do any better?

Yes, you left out my Climate Model.
No loss.
GreenMan wrote:
That is my only evidence for global warming.
Too bad. So all you've got to go on is manufactured data, eh?
GreenMan wrote:
The rest is other people's evidence for global warming, which is mounting more and more each day,
Where?
GreenMan wrote:
and it's starting to piss people like Rush Linbaugh off.
He's not pissed off. He's laughing at you.
GreenMan wrote:
Now Category 5 hurricanes are being over hyped by Alarmists, lol.
True. Most of them have never experienced a hurricane.
GreenMan wrote:
We just watched the worst natural disaster to happen in our lifetimes,
You have a very short lifetime. Harvey was not the worst natural disaster.
GreenMan wrote:
and now a Category 5 hurricane is bearing down on Florida.
Maybe. We don't know yet.
GreenMan wrote:
But you guys don't see any evidence of Global Warming?
Nope. Hurricane activity has no correlation with CO2 concentration. It is no proof of an undefinable term.
GreenMan wrote:
Rush Limbaugh was talking about how the media was misleading people about where the hurricane was going, just to get people worked up.

No, he wasn't. You are listening to people that put words in his mouth. All he said is that the path is not that predictable.
GreenMan wrote:
And that is basically what you were saying, about the hurricane really going a little east, and the media wasn't reporting it.
No one knows. Neither the media, nor Rush Limbaugh. People like to speculate though.
GreenMan wrote:
You apparently don't pay much attention to the actual media, any more than Rush Limbaugh.
Did you know that Rush Limbaugh IS actual media?
GreenMan wrote:
And neither of you know much about hurricane forecasting, or even hurricanes.
Neither do you.
GreenMan wrote:

...and you can't WAIT to hear about the destruction! You can almost pee yourself with excitement! Those people in the path of the hurricane are just political pawns to you.
GreenMan wrote:
Oh...joy! You are HOPING for that, aren't you!
GreenMan wrote:
Lucky you, up in Iowa, and not down in beautiful Miami Beach.

Considering how weird Floridan is, I don't blame him for living in Iowa.

GreenMan wrote:
Those people down there believe in climate change, regardless of their political party.

Like everywhere else, there are believers in the Church of Global Warming, and there are Outsiders.
GreenMan wrote:
Well, they will when this one is over.
No change likely. This is not Florida's first dance.
GreenMan wrote:
[quote]GasGuzzler wrote:
Seriously, when you find a great article that shows warming, don't you find it odd that it's always something or somewhere that average Joe can't verify? It's something from space, or the Arctic circle, or northern Siberia, or 10,000 ft down in the ocean, or a heat wave in Zimbabwe. Why should't we be able to see this deadly warming right is our own US of A? I've seen reports of 5 million dead per year due to global warming. You know anyone?

By the way, that hurricane data I was talking about was not a report. It is raw model forecast data. The GFS is a bit more ominous, sending Erma up the Eastern Florida coast but never land falling her till Carolina. Below is the NAM, another trusted medium range model, with a due north path and giving Florida a breezy day without as much a a shingle ripped off. Erma will likely be a bad day for some, but I'm hearing some crap that she will be worse than Andrew 25 years ago and Miami Dade is going to be leveled again. Andrew by the way had a land speed recorded gust of 185.(going off memory there, correct me of I'm wrong)

It's strange to me that people can be so misled about virtually anything their leaders want to mislead them about.
Yes. Your Church of Global Warming leaders have misled you considerably. You are functionally illiterate now in the sciences, in mathematics, in logic, etc.

GreenMan wrote:
Climate Change Denial is comparable to Hitler's takeover of Germany.

...in history, etc.

GreenMan wrote:
He did that partially by uniting people against a religious group of people.

At least you finally referred to your belief as religious!

GreenMan wrote:
And then of course killed a bunch of them.

No one is out to kill you.

GreenMan wrote:
So it's in a way, an even closer scenario.

You really like to go for the dramatic, don't you?
GreenMan wrote:
It's easy to convince people that something like Climate Change isn't real, if that person already doesn't want to believe that it is real. If you don't want to believe something, you can look for whatever it is that's out there, to prove your belief, whether that something is relevant or not. As long as it makes you feel secure about your decision to believe whatever it is that your leaders [the ones who put those seeds of doubt out there] want you to believe.

No one is leading the Outsiders. They are simply figuring it out by themselves.
You can't stand that, can you?

GreenMan wrote:
You are probably a normal man, Jizzy. And you don't realize that you have been duped. The power to become unduped is within reach.

Here comes the missionary pitch.

GreenMan wrote:
All you have to do is start thinking for yourself.

He has. That's what you can't get a clue about. He did his own research. He is continuing to do his own research. All you have is the scripture from the Church of Global Warming and prophecies of doom and gloom.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
08-09-2017 05:37
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
ITN wrote;
...and you can't WAIT to hear about the destruction! You can almost pee yourself with excitement!

ITN you've nailed it here. At long last, the 12 year hurricane drought is over, and the "proof" they've needed for over a decade has finally come. They are pissing their pants they're so freikin giddy. Wonder if Al Joker pooped his pants again. Google that one.
Shit happens Al, but I really didn't need to know about it....what a moron.

Sidenote...The 00Z NAM is in and it has taken a jump back out to sea, farther east than it was before, never landfalling ANYWHERE, only brushing Miami with 40-50 MPH outer band winds. That would be a major disappointment to some if that verified. I'll look for this report on the news tonight. Any bets?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Edited on 08-09-2017 06:17
08-09-2017 06:33
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner gazzed & guzzling" guffed:... doesn't effect my life any.

That's why "old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" & "old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner gazzed & guzzling" pay no attention to me....NOT!!!
08-09-2017 07:29
GreenMan
★★★☆☆
(661)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Yes, you left out my Climate Model. That is my only evidence for global warming. The rest is other people's evidence for global warming, which is mounting more and more each day, and it's starting to piss people like Rush Linbaugh off.

Yes indeed, AGW evidence is starting to mount and it will be named Mt Trashmore.
Cat 5s are nothing new
We just watched the worst natural disaster to happen in our lifetimes, and now a Category 5 hurricane is bearing down on Florida.

Can you show me how these storms are global warming related. Warm water doesn't work. These water temps are warm but nothing out of the ordinary? Do you even know how and where a hurricane originates?
was talking about how the media was misleading people about where the hurricane was going, just to get people worked up. And that is basically what you were saying, about the hurricane really going a little east, and the media wasn't reporting it.

No he wasn't and I'm not either. I was saying there were a LOT of models showing an eastern track that missed land altogether. Did you see those on TV?

No I don't much listen to the media. I have learned where forecasters get the info they do there forecasts with. I pay attention to the same data sets and forecast models they use. Accuracy is still limited 3 days out, sometime 3 hours out in some explosive storm situations. Yet you will forecast the temp 100 years from now. Impressive model you built.

A western track to this storm would be bad for Miami and the keys. An Eastern track over open water would NOT bring Cat 5 winds to the eastern Florida coast. Even if is hugged the coast in a due north track it won't bring Cat 5 or even 4 winds to the coast. You have to look at the forward momentum and the right front quadrant will devastate anything it hits flush. Those are where the strongest winds are located, but the media is in all hyper mode and won't tell you that. Liability issues too. Peoples safety is their concern and better safe than sorry.

Never seen an eye wall maintain hurricane strength(>74mph) over land that long. I doubt it.

I live in Iowa where there are tornadoes. It comes with the territory. I accept it and choose to live here knowing that someday my house, or worse could be gone instantly. Same for the people in hurricane land.
Climate Change Denial is comparable to Hitler's takeover of Germany. He did that partially by uniting people against a religious group of people. And then of course killed a bunch of them. So it's in a way, an even closer scenario.

If you don't want to believe something, you can look for whatever it is that's out there, to prove your belief, whether that something is relevant or not. As long as it makes you feel secure about your decision to believe whatever it is that your leaders [the ones who put those seeds of doubt out there] want you to believe.

Lots of faith in that paragraph, once again showing climate change to be a religion
you don't realize that you have been duped. The power to become unduped is within reach. All you have to do is start thinking for yourself.

Comments like these only lead me to think you may finally be coming around. When all you've got left are insults, you've got nothin.

That was meant to be a challenge, instead of an insult. But I can see how you can take it as an insult, instead of a challenge. You feel comfortable in your little world, so you like listening to the bull shit Rush Linbaugh preaches. You are hooked, and you don't like people pointing that out.

Evidence of Global Warming is all around. Like that hurricane that attacked Houston last week, and the one that is bearing down on us now. The one last week had a lot more water than previous storms. And this one is the largest category we have. But neither of that is actual evidence of intensification. The only real evidence of intensification is just common sense. The waters are warmer than they used to be. Warm waters are what fuel hurricanes. Warmer water fuels hurricanes even more.

But according to you foolish leaders, we can't even tell what the temperature of the water is, to any degree of accuracy. So you should just ignore what they say about warmer water, warmer world, etc. They are just trying to fool you into thinking there really is a problem, when it's just a Chinese hoax.

And no, I'm not coming around. You can throw off on my Climate Model for not being able to predict your weather tomorrow. But it just shows your stupidity, and your inability to grasp the concept that this is going to be a long drawn out ordeal. We are just starting to see the beginning of our problems. It gets worse as time goes on, and that is what my Climate Model predicts.

You idiots really need to grasp that concept. It's not about forecasting your weather next year. It's about forecasting OUR weather a hundred years from now, and it ain't pretty.

~*~ GreenMan ~*~

08-09-2017 09:38
(21599)
GreenMan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

Cat 5s are nothing new

That was meant to be a challenge, instead of an insult. But I can see how you can take it as an insult, instead of a challenge. You feel comfortable in your little world, so you like listening to the bull shit Rush Linbaugh preaches. You are hooked, and you don't like people pointing that out.

You probably have no idea what Rush Limbaugh even said on his show today. You're just another Bulverist.

GreenMan wrote:
Evidence of Global Warming is all around.

Where?

GreenMan wrote:
Like that hurricane that attacked Houston last week,

Hurricanes don't attack. They just float along where the winds blow them. They are not evidence of 'global warming' either. You can't even define what 'global warming' IS without resorting to circular definitions.

GreenMan wrote:
and the one that is bearing down on us now.

Not evidence of it either. You idiots take any storm, any heat wave, any cold snap, any major snowstorm, any active band of tornadoes, and call it "global warming". You're pathetic.

GreenMan wrote:
The one last week had a lot more water than previous storms.

Actually it didn't. The only difference with it is that it dump its water on a small area for a long period of time.

GreenMan wrote:
And this one is the largest category we have.

We don't bother with any higher than cat 5 because the scale we use, not because of the unusual nature of a hurricane.

GreenMan wrote:
But neither of that is actual evidence of intensification.

That's right...it isn't. Historical hurricane data shows NO correlation against a smoothly rising CO2 concentration in either frequency or intensity of storms.

GreenMan wrote:
The only real evidence of intensification is just common sense.

Look it up dumbass. Historical hurricane and tropical storm data is easily available since 1949, when we first started flying aircraft into them.

GreenMan wrote:
The waters are warmer than they used to be.

No, they are not.

GreenMan wrote:
Warm waters are what fuel hurricanes.

WRONG. Warm water and COLD AIR is what fuels hurricanes. A hurricane won't even get started unless the air mass is unstable (another way of saying colder air than usual aloft).

GreenMan wrote:
Warmer water fuels hurricanes even more.

Not without cold air it doesn't.

GreenMan wrote:
But according to you foolish leaders, we can't even tell what the temperature of the water is, to any degree of accuracy.

The Gulf Stream is probably the most monitored current in the ocean. Both the Pacific and Atlantic equatorial currents are also monitored by numerous buoys. While they don't tell us the temperature of the ocean, they DO tell us the temperature of these currents.

GreenMan wrote:
So you should just ignore what they say about warmer water, warmer world, etc.

Who are 'they'? What warmer waters? How is that measured? Who measured it? I already know it's possible to measure the temperature of the world.

GreenMan wrote:
They are just trying to fool you into thinking there really is a problem, when it's just a Chinese hoax.

Want to see the religious nature of your hoax? Define 'global warming' or 'climate change' without using circular definitions. You can't.

GreenMan wrote:
And no, I'm not coming around.

That's obvious. You would rather stay with your religions.

GreenMan wrote:
You can throw off on my Climate Model for not being able to predict your weather tomorrow.

I don't think your magick chicken entrails can predict anything.

GreenMan wrote:
But it just shows your stupidity, and your inability to grasp the concept that this is going to be a long drawn out ordeal.

Guess you're going to have to get update your model...I mean get fresh entrails...from time to time.

GreenMan wrote:
We are just starting to see the beginning of our problems.

There is no problem. There is no such thing as a 'greenhouse' gas.

GreenMan wrote:
It gets worse as time goes on, and that is what my Climate Model predicts.

Your model is nothing more than the quality of prediction you get with chicken entrails.

GreenMan wrote:
You idiots really need to grasp that concept. It's not about forecasting your weather next year. It's about forecasting OUR weather a hundred years from now, and it ain't pretty.

You don't know the future. You are NOT an enlightened one. You are a useful idiot.

The Parrot Killer

08-09-2017 12:00
GreenMan
★★★☆☆
(661)
Wake wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Wake wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Redlite wrote;
No one played footsy with chinese communists(always small letters) better than Nixon

And your excoriating review of Bill Clinton and Sandy Burgler will be out shortly after you read the Cox Report? Good.

In the meantime, would you like to comment on a climate topic? There are plenty to choose from.

He doesn't have any comments. He merely copies written attacks on some anonymous person who he believes to cover anyone he doesn't like. And then her repeats them to himself seven or eight times.

Funny you say that. A while back I noticed that the copied line of "old sick silly sleepy stupid me" had a typo in it for weeks and he just kept on pasting it. It has since been "fixed" for more pasting. What drives a person to continue in a way that earns them idiot status? I have no clue. Whatever, doesn't effect my life any.

I know who Greenman is and it's pretty funny. He actually does believe in magic. So there is no surprise that he thinks that AGW is real. He HAS to believe in something. You can't expect a whole lot more from people who live in New Hampshire. I think that he's involved in making toilet paper. There is a lot of need for a controls engineer there.

So you know who Greenman is, lol. Sure you do, since I allow people to see that information in my profile. Sounds like you figured out my name, and did a search on me. Good for you, old man. But your search isn't up to date. I left New Hampshire back around Christmas time. My permanent residence is now in Georgia, but I am temporarily working in Michigan [Livonia, just outside of Detroit]. And I don't make toilet paper. My current contract is baby-sitting technicians, who maintain machinery used for making car parts.

And, no, I don't believe in magic, except for the magic of life. But I am curious about why you think I do.

~*~ GreenMan ~*~

08-09-2017 16:45
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
GreenMan wrote:

Evidence of Global Warming is all around. Like that hurricane that attacked Houston last week, and the one that is bearing down on us now. The one last week had a lot more water than previous storms. And this one is the largest category we have. But neither of that is actual evidence of intensification. The only real evidence of intensification is just common sense. The waters are warmer than they used to be. Warm waters are what fuel hurricanes. Warmer water fuels hurricanes even more.

But according to you foolish leaders, we can't even tell what the temperature of the water is, to any degree of accuracy. So you should just ignore what they say about warmer water, warmer world, etc. They are just trying to fool you into thinking there really is a problem, when it's just a Chinese hoax.

And no, I'm not coming around. You can throw off on my Climate Model for not being able to predict your weather tomorrow. But it just shows your stupidity, and your inability to grasp the concept that this is going to be a long drawn out ordeal. We are just starting to see the beginning of our problems. It gets worse as time goes on, and that is what my Climate Model predicts.

Hey Chris - why don't you tell us ALL about "your model"? I really love to hear you talk about things you know nothing about. Your belief in magic doesn't make anything you have to think true.

Perhaps you can explain what the hell Rush Limbaugh has to do with anything? Is he your magic breaker and must be done away with? Or is this the New Hampshire sort of thinking that Rush is the leader of the pack? Perhaps you ought to look at ratings a little more closely before you have things like that to say. There are several other talk show hosts that have far better ratings. Some with law degrees and others with PhD's etc.

But anyone that actually listened to Limbaugh knows that he, unlike the leftest media on anything like yahoo or TV, only gives opinions and he calls them opinions. The media plainly lies to the people and misrepresents anything they cannot lie about.

Sort of like your Climate Model. Go back to being and engineer "controlling" those toilet paper dispensers. Do something you might possibly be good at.
08-09-2017 17:21
GreenMan
★★★☆☆
(661)
Wake wrote:
GreenMan wrote:

Hey Chris - why don't you tell us ALL about "your model"? I really love to hear you talk about things you know nothing about. Your belief in magic doesn't make anything you have to think true.

Perhaps you can explain what the hell Rush Limbaugh has to do with anything? Is he your magic breaker and must be done away with? Or is this the New Hampshire sort of thinking that Rush is the leader of the pack? Perhaps you ought to look at ratings a little more closely before you have things like that to say. There are several other talk show hosts that have far better ratings. Some with law degrees and others with PhD's etc.

But anyone that actually listened to Limbaugh knows that he, unlike the leftest media on anything like yahoo or TV, only gives opinions and he calls them opinions. The media plainly lies to the people and misrepresents anything they cannot lie about.

Sort of like your Climate Model. Go back to being and engineer "controlling" those toilet paper dispensers. Do something you might possibly be good at.

Rush Limbaugh doesn't have much to do with anything, agreed. I was commenting on how closely what Jizz Guzzler was saying compared to what Rush Limbaugh was saying. Could be coincidental, but it is more likely that Jizz got his opinion from Rush.

So maybe Rush has more to do with it than you, or I think he does? I doubt that anyone who hasn't made up their mind about whether or not Global Warming is a threat [or even if it is real] will be influenced by an idiot like him. But a lot of die hard conservatives believe everything he says.

Doesn't look like the hurricane cares what he says. It don't care what Jizzy's color weather radar map prediction says either. It looks like the alarmist media called it very close, so far.

Still can't figure out what you mean by magic. My Climate Model is simply an algorithm, that backcasts the earth's average temperature accurately. It's not magic. It is math. That's not really magic to most people nowadays.

Since we are on first name basis, why don't you share yours?

~*~ GreenMan ~*~

08-09-2017 17:34
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
Greenlite wrote;
I doubt that anyone who hasn't made up their mind about whether or not Global Warming is a threat [or even if it is real] will be influenced by an idiot like him.

Doesn't mean I won't still call you out when making false claims to show global warming.
You said this hurricane strength is a result of warmer than normal water temps. Did you not? At the big fear is that this storm could strengthen again when it hits the 87 degree water off the Florida coast.
So this thing will hit around Key West if the models are correct. Do you see that Aug-Sept average for water temps in Key West? Can you read that number for me please? I can't even read I'm such and idiot. What is that number oh math genius?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Attached image:

08-09-2017 19:02
GreenMan
★★★☆☆
(661)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Greenlite wrote;
I doubt that anyone who hasn't made up their mind about whether or not Global Warming is a threat [or even if it is real] will be influenced by an idiot like him.

Doesn't mean I won't still call you out when making false claims to show global warming.
You said this hurricane strength is a result of warmer than normal water temps. Did you not? At the big fear is that this storm could strengthen again when it hits the 87 degree water off the Florida coast.
So this thing will hit around Key West if the models are correct. Do you see that Aug-Sept average for water temps in Key West? Can you read that number for me please? I can't even read I'm such and idiot. What is that number oh math genius?

Let me guess. Is it 87? Ocean temperature is currently 89 at Key West [86~87 along coast]. But can't figure out what your point is. Do you suppose it will go back to a Category 5?

I did say something close to what you paraphrased. The storms are being intensified by the additional heat. It doesn't seem like much, but that .5C rise we have seen over the last 40 years adds a lot of punch to the storms. That's not to imply that they used to all be wimpy. There have been major storms since there have been wind and rain. But we know the water temperature is warmer than it was, so we know that the storms are increasing in strength because of it. And now, low and behold, we have back to back Category 4s, and that's just if this one doesn't increase to Category 5, before it attacks Florida. [And yes, Pigeon Eater, hurricanes do attack cities. Well, actually, it is Zeus, attacking Houston and now Key West, with his favorite weapon. He is all bent out of shape about the disregard those places have for him, and his growing anger.

I think I just figured out another Denier claim, that you guys can use to dispute Greenhouse Gases, since you are running out of any kind of logic, and are having to make stuff up, just to have something to say. You can say that Zeus is in control of the weather, so it has nothing to do with Greenhouse Gases. Our weather is dependent on the Mood of Zeus. If he is mad, we have a heat wave. If he is sad, we have rain. If he doesn't get laid, we have light breezes. If he does get laid, we have thunder storms. And when someone interrupts him in the middle of having sex, we get hurricanes. That's perfect, and it makes so much sense that everyone will believe you. You guys can even get signs to carry up and down the street that say, "Zeus Controls the Weather, Not Puny Humans." Oh gosh, you guys will be the hit with your new signs, and those bright and shiny tin foil hats.

~*~ GreenMan ~*~

08-09-2017 19:12
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
Quit making shit up. Mt Trashmore is tall enough. I checked multiple sites and Key West sea temp is 87. Average is 87. ...and I've been duped.

Here's one says 85...I'll need you to do the math for me but I'm guessing that's around 2 degrees below normal.
Attached image:

Edited on 08-09-2017 19:16
08-09-2017 19:23
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
GreenMan wrote:
Wake wrote:
GreenMan wrote:

Rush Limbaugh doesn't have much to do with anything, agreed. I was commenting on how closely what Jizz Guzzler was saying compared to what Rush Limbaugh was saying. Could be coincidental, but it is more likely that Jizz got his opinion from Rush.

So maybe Rush has more to do with it than you, or I think he does? I doubt that anyone who hasn't made up their mind about whether or not Global Warming is a threat [or even if it is real] will be influenced by an idiot like him. But a lot of die hard conservatives believe everything he says.

Doesn't look like the hurricane cares what he says. It don't care what Jizzy's color weather radar map prediction says either. It looks like the alarmist media called it very close, so far.

Still can't figure out what you mean by magic. My Climate Model is simply an algorithm, that backcasts the earth's average temperature accurately. It's not magic. It is math. That's not really magic to most people nowadays.

Since we are on first name basis, why don't you share yours?

So some similarities between what you interpreted GasGuzzler as saying you believe Limbaugh was saying. And that proves what again? That you listen to Limbaugh and believe that everyone else does as well? Probably 80% of Limbaugh's audience are haters like you. Since the rest of us pretty much agree with him we don't have to listen.

How about I send your postings with your wording to your employer? I could include the numbers of your posts and the times they were posted.

You don't have a climate "model" because you don't even know what that is. Copying DATA onto a chart is NOT MODELING. It is NOT AN ALGORITHM.

Go back to automating your toilet paper dispensers.

Since my Indian friend didn't have any trouble discovering everything about you perhaps you can do the same with me. After all anyone bright enough to write an algorithm that models 800,000 years of climate should be bright enough to do almost anything - right?
08-09-2017 19:39
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Greenlite wrote;

The amount of time and research you do to make such idiotic posts.

If I want to know about hurricanes I will go to the horses mouth and talk to hurricane experts. But even your god emperor said this hurricane is unprecedented. The next question is; 'why?' To find out I would hire experts and not my golf buddies.

IBdaMann wrote:
"Air" is not a body in and of itself. Ergo it is not a blackbody.

Planck's law describes the spectral density of electromagnetic radiation emitted by a black body in thermal equilibrium at a given temperature T.
08-09-2017 19:43
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
spot wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Greenlite wrote;

If I want to know about hurricanes I will go to the horses mouth and talk to hurricane experts. But even your god emperor said this hurricane is unprecedented. The next question is; 'why?' To find out I would hire experts and not my golf buddies.

Like you would even understand what they're saying. You tell us you've gone to the "climate experts" and they tell you that global warming is all man's fault. With morons like you who needs penguins?
08-09-2017 19:46
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
Wake wrote:
spot wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Greenlite wrote;

Like you would even understand what they're saying. You tell us you've gone to the "climate experts" and they tell you that global warming is all man's fault. With morons like you who needs penguins?

Well I know enough to know you don't understand what they are saying, otherwise you would not spend so much time and energy on this board saying the crap you do.

IBdaMann wrote:

Planck's law describes the spectral density of electromagnetic radiation emitted by a black body in thermal equilibrium at a given temperature T.
08-09-2017 19:49
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
spot wrote:
Wake wrote:
spot wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Greenlite wrote;

Well I know enough to know you don't understand what they are saying, otherwise you would not spend so much time and energy on this board saying the crap you do.

It drives you crazy that everyone sees you for the moron you are doesn't it? And a British one at that. So if you are a British moron that really really says a whole lot. Having low intelligence in England is like having an IQ under 100 in the US. Really stupid.
08-09-2017 19:50
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
Spot wrote;

It only takes seconds to find this stuff, Google is amazing. What takes longest is filtering out propaganda.

If I want to know about hurricanes I will go to the horses mouth and talk to hurricane experts.

I'd love to talk to these guys. I've got one friend at NOAA in Davenport, but I don't know anyone at the hurricane center. can you hook me up?
But even your god emperor said this hurricane is unprecedented.

Unprecedented since when? "strongest on record" doesn't mean strongest ever. Accurate hurricane measurements are relatively young.
The next question is; 'why?' To find out I would hire experts and not my golf buddies.

You can't hire experts on a phone repairman's salary.

Edited on 08-09-2017 19:53
08-09-2017 19:56
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Spot wrote;

It only takes seconds to find this stuff, Google is amazing. What takes longest is filtering out propaganda.

If I want to know about hurricanes I will go to the horses mouth and talk to hurricane experts.

I'd love to talk to these guys. I've got one friend at NOAA in Davenport, but I don't know anyone at the hurricane center. can you hook me up?

Unprecedented since when? "strongest on record" doesn't mean strongest ever. Accurate hurricane measurements are relatively young.
The next question is; 'why?' To find out I would hire experts and not my golf buddies.

What do you want to ask that isn't in the public domain allready?

IBdaMann wrote:

08-09-2017 19:59
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
Wake wrote:
spot wrote:
Wake wrote:
spot wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Greenlite wrote;

It drives you crazy that everyone sees you for the moron you are doesn't it? And a British one at that. So if you are a British moron that really really says a whole lot. Having low intelligence in England is like having an IQ under 100 in the US. Really stupid.

I take it from that you don't have a point or reason to post.

Have a go at me its better then kicking your cat.

IBdaMann wrote:

08-09-2017 20:01
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
spot wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Spot wrote;

What do you want to ask that isn't in the public domain allready?

I prefer to ask spontaneous questions, keeps the crap from creeping into the answer. Why would I post my questions here? OK, maybe just one for you....why is this hurricane so strong and did AGW have anything to do with it?

Edited on 08-09-2017 20:06
08-09-2017 20:18
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
Lets google that and see what the experts say. they use big words and unlike used car salesmen they put caveats in what they write so I don't expect you to understand.

It is premature to conclude that human activities–and particularly greenhouse gas emissions that cause global warming–have already had a detectable impact on Atlantic hurricane or global tropical cyclone activity. That said, human activities may have already caused changes that are not yet detectable due to the small magnitude of the changes or observational limitations, or are not yet confidently modeled (e.g., aerosol effects on regional climate).
Anthropogenic warming by the end of the 21st century will likely cause tropical cyclones globally to be more intense on average (by 2 to 11% according to model projections for an IPCC A1B scenario). This change would imply an even larger percentage increase in the destructive potential per storm, assuming no reduction in storm size.
There are better than even odds that anthropogenic warming over the next century will lead to an increase in the occurrence of very intense tropical cyclone in some basins–an increase that would be substantially larger in percentage terms than the 2-11% increase in the average storm intensity. This increase in intense storm occurrence is projected despite a likely decrease (or little change) in the global numbers of all tropical cyclones.
Anthropogenic warming by the end of the 21st century will likely cause tropical cyclones to have substantially higher rainfall rates than present-day ones, with a model-projected increase of about 10-15% for rainfall rates averaged within about 100 km of the storm center.
08-09-2017 20:22
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
New scientist says this;

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2146562-hurricane-irmas-epic-size-is-being-fuelled-by-global-warming/

So why did Irma grow so strong? Most likely because climate change is making Atlantic waters ever warmer.

Tropical cyclones are fuelled by warm surface waters of around 26°C or more. They draw in moist air from all around them, and as it rises, the water vapour condenses out and releases latent heat, which drives further uplift. Irma's clouds are 20 kilometres high.

But I'm sure if you google hard enough you will find someone telling you what you want to hear. but it won't be true.

IBdaMann wrote:

08-09-2017 20:28
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
So one article you post says it's too early see the effects of AGW on tropical storms. Then you post another article that says AWG is to blame for Erma's strength. Now which is it Spot? Do you know what I do to my young son when I catch him telling me two different stories?
Edited on 08-09-2017 20:29
08-09-2017 20:33
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
spot wrote:
New scientist says this;

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2146562-hurricane-irmas-epic-size-is-being-fuelled-by-global-warming/

So why did Irma grow so strong? Most likely because climate change is making Atlantic waters ever warmer.

Tropical cyclones are fuelled by warm surface waters of around 26°C or more. They draw in moist air from all around them, and as it rises, the water vapour condenses out and releases latent heat, which drives further uplift. Irma's clouds are 20 kilometres high.

But I'm sure if you google hard enough you will find someone telling you what you want to hear. but it won't be true.

The line in red...How? Do you know Spot? No, you just read and suck it up. Do some learning and get back to me....

08-09-2017 21:52
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" bluffs: he believes that people actually measure the temperature at weather stations.

"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" thinks it is the only person to work honorably. Yeah, even kkk(always small letters) members self-righteously believe they carry society on their backs.
08-09-2017 22:03
(21599)
GreenMan wrote:
And, no, I don't believe in magic, except for the magic of life. But I am curious about why you think I do.

You believe in magick. The magick Holy Gas. The magick 'greenhouse effect'.

You're a liar, dude.

The Parrot Killer

08-09-2017 22:12
(21599)
GreenMan wrote:
Wake wrote:
GreenMan wrote:

What did Rush say on his show today? You have no idea what Rush says or has said.
GreenMan wrote:
Maybe because they happen to agree with his opinions most of the time. None of them consider Rush their commander. You, however, get YOUR marching orders from the Church of Global Warming.
GreenMan wrote:
Doesn't look like the hurricane cares what he says.
He never said.
GreenMan wrote:
It don't care what Jizzy's color weather radar map prediction says either. It looks like the alarmist media called it very close, so far.
Time will tell.
GreenMan wrote:
Still can't figure out what you mean by magic.

He is referring to your beliefs in magick Holy Gas, in the magick of 'global warming', in the magick of manufactured data.
GreenMan wrote:
My Climate Model is simply an algorithm, that backcasts the earth's average temperature accurately.
Based on manufactured data, using a manufactured algorithm that has no basis in science, and making math errors.
GreenMan wrote:
It's not magic.
Correct. It's magick.
GreenMan wrote:
It is math.
It is not math. It is math errors.
GreenMan wrote:
That's not really magic to most people nowadays.

Apparently math is magick to YOU.

The Parrot Killer

08-09-2017 22:16
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
spot wrote: golf buddies.

Did you see the golfers playing on the green with the forest fires burning on the mountain background? Someone photo-shopped "don'T rump" playing on the golf course & named the image, "Nero fiddles, while Rome burns".
08-09-2017 22:17
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
spot wrote:
New scientist says this;

As I see it you simply keep googling until you find something you think you can use. But sorry stupid - GasGuzzler already quoted a paper saying that the temperatures of the ocean where the hurricane's formed were either normal or a bit below.
08-09-2017 22:30
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
spot wrote: I take it from that you don't have a point or reason to post. Have a go at me its better then kicking your cat.

I don't need to have "a go" at you. You tell us that you refer to experts but you don't know the first thing about it yourself and you are on this group just to demonstrate not ignorance that can be forgiven, but stupidity an a level that begs the question: why are you here at all? Do you really think that you are going to explain to someone else what you yourself know nothing about?
08-09-2017 22:31
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
I believe Spot has performed his usual hit and run like hell. He will be back in a couple more weeks to enlighten us once again. Don't forget, this guy went to a climate conference.

Edited on 08-09-2017 22:34
08-09-2017 22:36
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
[b]Into the Night wrote: it CAN cool 20 degrees F in a relatively short space of time. The fastest I've seen was about 5 minutes, due to the arrival of a hail storm and a violent cold front right behind it.

Yeah, there are big short-term temperature changes:
https://weather.com/sports-recreation/ski/news/5-extreme-temperature-drops-20130118#/1
During the ice age, wild temperature drops fresh-froze mastodons.
Edited on 08-09-2017 22:42
08-09-2017 22:43
(21599)
GreenMan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Greenlite wrote;

Let me guess. Is it 87? Ocean temperature is currently 89 at Key West [86~87 along coast]. But can't figure out what your point is. Do you suppose it will go back to a Category 5?

I did say something close to what you paraphrased. The storms are being intensified by the additional heat.
No.
GreenMan wrote:
It doesn't seem like much, but that .5C rise we have seen over the last 40 years adds a lot of punch to the storms.

What storms??? There haven't been any that struck the U.S. for a while!
GreenMan wrote:
That's not to imply that they used to all be wimpy.
Yes it is, liar.
GreenMan wrote:
There have been major storms since there have been wind and rain.
There have been hurricanes. too. Quite a few have done more damage than these two will.
GreenMan wrote:
But we know the water temperature is warmer than it was,
We measure the Gulf Stream and the Atlantic equatorial currents pretty well. There has been no increase in sea temperature.
GreenMan wrote:
so we know that the storms are increasing in strength because of it.
No. Storm intensity is a function of available moisture and the instability of the air.
GreenMan wrote:
And now, low and behold, we have back to back Category 4s, and that's just if this one
doesn't increase to Category 5,
Ready to pee yourself again?
GreenMan wrote:
before it attacks Florida. [And yes, Pigeon Eater, hurricanes do attack cities. Well, actually, it is Zeus, attacking Houston and now Key West, with his favorite weapon. He is all bent out of shape about the disregard those places have for him, and his growing anger.

Hurricanes don't attack anything.
GreenMan wrote:
I think I just figured out another Denier claim, that you guys can use to dispute Greenhouse Gases, since you are running out of any kind of logic, and are having to make stuff up, just to have something to say.
The laws of thermodynamics and the Stefan-Boltzmann law is not just made up BS.
GreenMan wrote:
You can say that Zeus is in control of the weather,...

Argument of ridicule (a fallacy).

The Parrot Killer

08-09-2017 22:44
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
GasGuzzler wrote:
I believe Spot has performed his usual hit and run like hell. He will be back in a couple more weeks to enlighten us once again. Don't forget, this guy went to a climate conference.

I think he is off googling, trying to get something he can misrepresent as proving some sort of point which turns out to be on the top of his head.
08-09-2017 22:46
(21599)
spot wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Greenlite wrote;

Because there's always a bigger fish. There's always a biggest hurricane.

The Parrot Killer

08-09-2017 22:47
(21599)
Wake wrote:
spot wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Greenlite wrote;

Another penguin?

What have you got against penguins?

The Parrot Killer

Page 2 of 9<1234>>>

Join the debate Barrow Alaska Rapid Heating:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Evidence of rapid climate change!012-10-2019 06:09
Alaska Supreme Court1111-10-2019 23:33
Alaska, July, hottest month every recorded...119-08-2019 07:13
Alaska in desperate need, of air conditioners and sunscreen...1308-07-2019 05:20
Was sudden rapid temperature increase in 1980s caused by USSR collapsed and shut off their weather statio213-04-2019 23:34
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact