Remember me
▼ Content

Back to the Basics

Back to the Basics14-11-2020 22:22
seanm
☆☆☆☆☆
(1)
This looks like the perfect place and site for what is needed as a start for proper progress to be made to sort out the climate issues we are all faced with. I am thankful for this site. You have all the basics in the right places on this site, and I hope it stays that way. Twitter is too vast and impersonal. And I find Twitter to have too many paranoid algorithms because of all the other perverse subjects on that mass of data overload that impinges upon serious topics like climate change. But nonetheless, it is refreshing to see that you have tweet potential from your site. I am thankful for your efforts, and I would like to make a contribution on this site with my work to really help propel this discussion forum to become a serious hub for the English speaking community. It is seriously needed, especially with the coronavirus and the lockdowns. I notice you have been up and running since 2009, with very few members. But hopefully this will change with the urgency of what is needed for where we are now. I have just reached a state of maturity with my work after many years of hard efforts in isolation to help make a real difference in the world. I shall hopefully follow this posting up with a link to my work very shortly. The essence of it represents going back to the basics to solve our pressing concerns - which this site embodies from a basic essential point of view. No issue in the world can be solved, whether climate change or anything else, unless we go back to the cause and basics of what started it in the first instance. Otherwise all climate action we take, will just be window dressing.

Michael Moore's Planet of the Humans (2020) totally helps us to see this type of window dressing, re: wind, solar and biomass, etc. all having the same dirty underbelly of fossil fuels. The only real way to go is with a Hydrogen Economy - but we will never be able to get there unless we address the mindset behind egocentric power struggles, and particularly those encrusted around the vested interests with corporations and their greed from supposedly knowing better. The challenge as we ought to know: is to become self-sustainable, both at a national and personal level. The two are totally entwined. It cannot be solved any other way. It first requires a personal and national awakening with a paradigm shift. Otherwise, Transition Towns will always be like someone trying to start up a motor, but with it just turning over in a fits and starts manner - never to catch the spark to actually fire it up to get it moving!

Until my next posting...
14-11-2020 23:59
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
seanm wrote:......
Until my next posting...

Anxiously awaiting...

Agree, we must start with basic.

Forget the cure for a moment, what is the problem with such urgency and why?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
15-11-2020 01:40
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
seanm wrote:
This looks like the perfect place and site for what is needed as a start for proper progress to be made to sort out the climate issues we are all faced with. I am thankful for this site. You have all the basics in the right places on this site, and I hope it stays that way. Twitter is too vast and impersonal. And I find Twitter to have too many paranoid algorithms because of all the other perverse subjects on that mass of data overload that impinges upon serious topics like climate change. But nonetheless, it is refreshing to see that you have tweet potential from your site. I am thankful for your efforts, and I would like to make a contribution on this site with my work to really help propel this discussion forum to become a serious hub for the English speaking community. It is seriously needed, especially with the coronavirus and the lockdowns. I notice you have been up and running since 2009, with very few members. But hopefully this will change with the urgency of what is needed for where we are now. I have just reached a state of maturity with my work after many years of hard efforts in isolation to help make a real difference in the world. I shall hopefully follow this posting up with a link to my work very shortly. The essence of it represents going back to the basics to solve our pressing concerns - which this site embodies from a basic essential point of view. No issue in the world can be solved, whether climate change or anything else, unless we go back to the cause and basics of what started it in the first instance. Otherwise all climate action we take, will just be window dressing.

Michael Moore's Planet of the Humans (2020) totally helps us to see this type of window dressing, re: wind, solar and biomass, etc. all having the same dirty underbelly of fossil fuels. The only real way to go is with a Hydrogen Economy - but we will never be able to get there unless we address the mindset behind egocentric power struggles, and particularly those encrusted around the vested interests with corporations and their greed from supposedly knowing better. The challenge as we ought to know: is to become self-sustainable, both at a national and personal level. The two are totally entwined. It cannot be solved any other way. It first requires a personal and national awakening with a paradigm shift. Otherwise, Transition Towns will always be like someone trying to start up a motor, but with it just turning over in a fits and starts manner - never to catch the spark to actually fire it up to get it moving!

Until my next posting...

First basic requirement: Define 'climate change'. Define 'global warming'. Until you define these phrases, you are just making void arguments.

Fossils don't burn. We don't use them for fuel.

Hydrogen gas has a much lower energy density then a hydrocarbon. It is a more expensive fuel to do the same job. It also doesn't occur naturally. It has to be manufactured. Various hydrocarbons can simply be drilled for and suitable molecules sorted by size through distillation. Natural gas occurs naturally. All you have to do is ship it to where it's needed.

Both are more powerful fuels than just hydrogen alone. Both oil and natural gas are also plentiful and renewable.

You don't get to control energy markets. You are not the king.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
15-11-2020 04:12
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I have noticed a pattern that the people falling for the CO2 is bad Umkay rhetoric are also borderline illiterate and us queriers can string a sentence together.The exception is Tmiddles who is deliberately being obstinate
15-11-2020 09:47
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
And yet you are purposely obfuscating your own monologue.
15-11-2020 10:15
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Nice one James.Your all individuals but im not
15-11-2020 17:42
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
duncan61 wrote:
Nice one James.Your all individuals but im not

Thanks D. You probably had a life.

Join the debate Back to the Basics:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Back-testing the climate model(s)1107-08-2023 05:09
Paul Pelosi's butt buddy to be deported back to Canada when released from custody.817-04-2023 13:57
Getting Back to Climate4012-04-2023 05:55
New Bank Type In Banking System To Give Power Back To The People010-08-2022 17:05
Retired Supreme court justice Stephen Breyer going back to work at Harvard519-07-2022 22:11
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact