Remember me
▼ Content

Avoiding human extinction

Avoiding human extinction17-07-2019 00:12
luvioni
☆☆☆☆☆
(8)
https://www.luvioni.com/we-must-leave-before-a-human-extinction/

Will humanity be able to unite so that we can avoid extinction? In this blog, we will be discussing the importance of leaving earth before we perish.
17-07-2019 00:24
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21597)
luvioni wrote:

Will humanity be able to unite so that we can avoid extinction? In this blog, we will be discussing the importance of leaving earth before we perish.

When you perish, you leave Earth and return to God. Ask your local Christian.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
17-07-2019 00:46
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
Into the Night wrote:
luvioni wrote:

When you perish, you leave Earth and return to God. Ask your local Christian.

^^^Thumbs up!^^^

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
17-07-2019 01:36
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
The last human will be like Thanos. A lone warrior.
17-07-2019 03:27
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
luvioni wrote:

So, is Climate Change like a suicide cult? So, only if we all depart together, will the planet survive? How would we know if it worked? I was raised Christian, and don't think everyone leaving, goes to the same sort of place, after. Maybe Climate Change offers a single final destination, in a 'greener' place...
17-07-2019 06:14
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
luvioni wrote:

Some of us think exploring the universe would be cool. Be wasteful and ignorant of one's environment like on Earth wouldn't work very well. This is where one component of establishing colonies off of the Earth always involves living in balance with the environment. If it's not self sustaining then any expedition or colony would fail.
Here in the US, many water shortages are slowly happening anywhere from the Ogallala Aquifer to the Napa Valley in California.
Those 2 areas account for about 40% of US agricultural production. Fortunately we can import
17-07-2019 17:31
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14406)
luvioni wrote:

It occurred to me that if humans become extinct, no one will care.

Except maybe the dolphins.

Naaah.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
17-07-2019 19:40
(21597)
James___ wrote:
luvioni wrote:

Some of us think exploring the universe would be cool. Be wasteful and ignorant of one's environment like on Earth wouldn't work very well. This is where one component of establishing colonies off of the Earth always involves living in balance with the environment. If it's not self sustaining then any expedition or colony would fail.
Here in the US, many water shortages are slowly happening anywhere from the Ogallala Aquifer to the Napa Valley in California.
Those 2 areas account for about 40% of US agricultural production. Fortunately we can import

Argument from randU fallacy. These two areas are not 40% of agricultural production in the U.S.

Napa valley's 'shortages' are simply overuse of water. Napa valley has plenty of water, but it's wasted.

The Ogallala aquifer is not a single aquifer, but an aquifer system. Some are low, some are high.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
17-07-2019 22:20
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
luvioni wrote:

Argument from randU fallacy. These two areas are not 40% of agricultural production in the U.S.

Napa valley's 'shortages' are simply overuse of water. Napa valley has plenty of water, but it's wasted.

The Ogallala aquifer is not a single aquifer, but an aquifer system. Some are low, some are high.

Ignorance fallacy. My logic is undeniable.
18-07-2019 04:16
(21597)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
luvioni wrote:

Ignorance fallacy. My logic is undeniable.

Buzzword fallacy. Redefinition fallacy. You are not using logic, you are denying it.

The Parrot Killer

27-07-2019 15:48
Mrs Wiggles
☆☆☆☆☆
(9)
To be honest if we manage to kill ourselves we will be doing the planet a whole of good. We have pretty much destroyed a large percentage of it's landscape and it's wildlife, so I think nature would be pretty pleased to see the back of us.

Don't argue, I'm always right
27-07-2019 17:24
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
Mrs Wiggles wrote:
To be honest if we manage to kill ourselves we will be doing the planet a whole of good. We have pretty much destroyed a large percentage of it's landscape and it's wildlife, so I think nature would be pretty pleased to see the back of us.

You better define "destroyed". I bought a nice chunk of land a while back, knocked down some trees, and built a beautiful new home on it. My wife and I moved in and raised a beautiful family in this house and on this land. My boys and I hunt and fish here. We respect and love the land.

I don't think I destroyed the land, I think I made it better. See, I think the difference is that I value human life above all else on Earth. I suspect you don't.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
27-07-2019 17:59
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Mrs Wiggles wrote:

The forces of nature are often destructive, and on a much larger scale, than mankind. Mankind doesn't like the effects of these forces, and do their best to hold them off as long as possible, to preserve things, that would/will eventually be lost.

Gravity does a lot of damage on a global scale, called erosion. Takes a while, usually needs the help of some of the other natural forces. Everything is pulled down, to the lowest point. Mountains crumble, beach sand gets pulled into the oceans, rivers get clogged and re-routed, flooding. All things that permanently change the landscape, sometimes massively deadly. Been going on long before man stood on his hind legs, and will keep going on, long after.

Wildfires occur naturally (most of the time), and clear hundreds, if not thousands of acres of land, daily, until they burn themselves out. Massive amounts of 'deadly' CO2 released, plants and animals killed. We fight those fires, do work to prevent. or reduce them, and help the scorched ares recover.

Earthquakes change the landscape quite radically, some are very destructive and deadly. The news reports generally focus on the human population, and constructions, but they do the same to nature. They can also trigger tsunamis, which are massive walls of water, that move very fast, and bring sea water inland, sometimes a mile or more, not much survives.

There are many other naturally destructive forces as well, but think I've made the point well enough. It's just part of how the planet works, the landscape is constantly changing, the inhabitants change occasionally as well. Nothing last forever, although, we think that if we fight hard enough, we can save the things we like. The planet has been around for a long time, and will most likely still be going around, long after we are all gone. Life is too short to fight things we can never win. We should focus on survival, and make are short lives as pleasant and enjoyable as possible.
27-07-2019 22:22
(21597)
Mrs Wiggles wrote:

We have saved a lot of wildlife. We stock lakes with fish, we have more deer in the United States then ever (they are becoming quite a pest in some places. Florida has all the alligators it could ever want. Polar bears are increasing in number. What wildlife are you concerned about? Aren't you just chanting a blanket scripture?

The Parrot Killer

27-07-2019 22:23
(21597)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Mrs Wiggles wrote:

You better define "destroyed". I bought a nice chunk of land a while back, knocked down some trees, and built a beautiful new home on it. My wife and I moved in and raised a beautiful family in this house and on this land. My boys and I hunt and fish here. We respect and love the land.

I don't think I destroyed the land, I think I made it better. See, I think the difference is that I value human life above all else on Earth. I suspect you don't.

They don't understand that people like you respect the land. They think you have destroyed it. Sounds like you've built a nice place!

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 27-07-2019 22:24
27-07-2019 22:48
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14406)
Mrs Wiggles wrote:

In keeping with the principle "You can pretend to speak for everyone else but everyone else knows that you only get to speak for yourself" ... we can infer from your projection:

Mrs Wiggles meant:
To be honest if I manage to kill myself I will be doing the planet a whole of good. I have, for the most part, destroyed much, much more than I created so I think nature would be pretty pleased to see the back of me.

Now *THAT* you are allowed to say with authority.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
28-07-2019 10:21
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
Mrs Wiggles wrote:

I think this isn't true actually.

Few examples:

Trash
Is someone going to clean up all these sea shells? I mean common they are everywhere. Why should human trash be so tragic but animal trash is A OK.

Environmental damage
Though it's unclear we know the dinosaurs weren't the victim of Republican policy. They were totally without the aid of a species that could do something at least to avoid a calamity. Consider this:
Dinasaurs try to stop a meteor

If you care about the environment and flippantly suggest the annihilation of the human race could be a win. You should actually distance yourself from the cause as much as possible since it's human ears that will hear you.

Join the debate Avoiding human extinction:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Speaking of morgues, Harvard is now majoring in selling human body parts015-06-2023 03:18
The Next Big Money Evolution Will Be Printing International Money Via Human Intelligence013-08-2022 06:17
After 16-01-2022, I The Savior No Longer Provide Any Human Evolution Content Materials To All307-01-2022 17:36
The Corona Virus COVID Event Is Not About Health, But About Human Development Evolution126-12-2021 17:10
The Divine Program Make Human God Again Help You Live To Thousands Years Is Open Free For All225-10-2021 06:32
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact