Remember me
▼ Content

Australian fires

Page 1 of 3123>
Australian fires03-01-2020 02:34
L8112
★☆☆☆☆
(115)
15 million acres burned in the last 4 months, hottest temperature ever recorded a few weeks ago, no end in sight. I'm sure such fires happen every year, and temperatures never seen before also happen every year, amirite?
03-01-2020 03:15
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
L8112 wrote:...hottest temperature ever recorded...

"HOTTEST EVER" is only as dramatic as how much hotter. The consensus view on global warming a la Bill Nye, Al Gore, Neil Degrassy Tyson, NASA et al is that temperatures have gone up but not in a way that would influence forest fires, hurricanes or similar events.

Note that is 1/2 of one degree Celsius since 1940 if you take the high end.

The hysteria is not about the present it's about the future.
03-01-2020 04:31
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
L8112 wrote:
15 million acres burned in the last 4 months......... I'm sure such fires happen every year

Correct. However, the United Stated seems to have taken a break from "climate changed induced wild fires" in 2019. Quite a bit below the 10 year average.

Isn't it ODD that nature always seems to be in SOME kind of equilibrium?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Attached image:

03-01-2020 04:42
(3979)
GasGuzzler wrote:

Yeah it'll find a new balance. You just gotta hope you're included!

03-01-2020 04:49
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

GasGuzzler wins this one. Some species survived so it wasn't the end of the world. It doesn't matter if we set life back 65 million years. It only matters if we end all life. And if 99% of the people in the world die off, he still wins. He only cares about the 1%.
03-01-2020 04:52
(3979)
James___ wrote:
And if 99% of the people in the world die off, he still wins. He only cares about the 1%.
Well winning means different things for different people. As a human I'm particularly concerned with if Human life is ended. I could give or take a lot of other species.
03-01-2020 05:00
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
tmiddles wrote:
James___ wrote:
And if 99% of the people in the world die off, he still wins. He only cares about the 1%.
Well winning means different things for different people. As a human I'm particularly concerned with if Human life is ended. I could give or take a lot of other species.

In the US, the 1% refers to the richest people in the US.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurengensler/2016/06/16/one-percent-by-state-income-inequality/#1c28dcebbe3a
03-01-2020 12:17
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21597)
L8112 wrote:
15 million acres burned in the last 4 months, hottest temperature ever recorded a few weeks ago, no end in sight. I'm sure such fires happen every year, and temperatures never seen before also happen every year, amirite?

Making up shit again, eh?

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
03-01-2020 12:18
(21597)
tmiddles wrote:

"HOTTEST EVER" is only as dramatic as how much hotter. The consensus view on global warming a la Bill Nye, Al Gore, Neil Degrassy Tyson, NASA et al is that temperatures have gone up but not in a way that would influence forest fires, hurricanes or similar events.

The temperature of Earth is unknown. It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth. NASA can't either.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
03-01-2020 12:18
(21597)
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

Buzzword fallacy. Define 'balance'.

The Parrot Killer

03-01-2020 12:19
(21597)
tmiddles wrote:
James___ wrote:

Why would human life be exterminated?

The Parrot Killer

03-01-2020 15:06
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
The joke is starting to wear thin ITN.
03-01-2020 15:20
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14407)
spot wrote: The joke is starting to wear thin ITN.

You're still not making sense, spot.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
03-01-2020 15:40
(14407)
L8112 wrote: 15 million acres burned in the last 4 months,

Fires burn every year. In fact, California has a "Fire Season" ... every year.

Haven't you ever heard of forest fires?

L8112 wrote: hottest temperature ever recorded a few weeks ago,

The hottest temperature ever recorded with usable accuracy was 4 trillion Celsius, occurred in the summer of 2012.

Meanwhile, under Donald Trump's leadership, without any help from a do-nothing Congress, the stock market thrived in 2019, extending its reign as the longest bull market in history. Apparently investors replaced those late 2018 fears of a looming recession and a China trade war with confidence in Donald Trump. The Federal Reserve further reduced interest rates during the summer and fall, quelling anxiety of rising borrowing costs.

The Nasdaq climbed 35% in 2019 and briefly eclipsed 9,000 for the first time in December,

On Tuesday, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 76 points, or 0.3%, to close at 28,538. The Standard & Poor's 500 added 0.3% to end at 3,231. The technology-heavy Nasdaq Composite rose 0.3% to finish at 8,973.

There is no Global Warming and there is no Climate Change ... just fear mongering to get you to ignore, or to DENY, the aforementioned great things that are happening. Just as tmiddles.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
03-01-2020 18:44
L8112
★☆☆☆☆
(115)
Into the Night wrote:
L8112 wrote:

ask the people who live there if its made up
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-50817963

The smoke plum, which is roughly the size of europe, must also be made up.
Edited on 03-01-2020 18:46
03-01-2020 18:51
(14407)
L8112 wrote:

Fortunately the earth survived. There are no smoke plums where I live.

Did Climate survive or did she perish? I was listening for that on the news but no one seems to care.

03-01-2020 18:58
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
IBdaMann wrote:
L8112 wrote:

Did Climate survive or did she perish? I was listening for that on the news but no one seems to care.

Are you accusing Climate of outright arson??!!

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
03-01-2020 19:18
L8112
★☆☆☆☆
(115)
IBdaMann wrote:
L8112 wrote:

The World Wide Web; once thought to be the 'information highway,' is a collective transfer of EM radiation to-from satellites, via anonymous avatars, of pure satanic but-****ing hatred. Wikipedia is a place of pure anonymous, illiterate, innumerate agenda; a popularity contest of player participatory urban mythos; like dungeons and dragons.

You are both innumerate and illiterate; cannot glean any information from written text or technical writing, and thus dismiss it as false. Anything outside of your scope or understanding is a threat, and is dismissed by your player participatory urban mythos. Which changes in response to any information that may invalidate it.

I already eviscerated Ibdumbman's online persona, hurt his feelings, bad. He is debating whether or not he should share it with you all so you can console him.
Edited on 03-01-2020 19:19
03-01-2020 20:49
(14407)
L8112 wrote: I already eviscerated Ibdumbman's online persona,

Boy, did you ever! I'm reeling. I just want to crawl under a rock and rethink my life. Thank you for opening my eyes. Why had no one ever made me realize any of that before?

To everyone else, it's too late to save me but you can save yourselves.

L8112 wrote: hurt his feelings, bad.

... and without using adverbs ... and that's no exaggeration. I was crushed. CRUSHED. I don't know if I'll recover but if I do, retirement is where I'm headed. Yesiree, you rocked my world.

L8112 wrote: He is debating whether or not he should share it with you all so you can console him.

Absolutely not ... in this post. Maybe the next one.

04-01-2020 01:59
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:
The temperature of Earth is unknown. It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth. NASA can't either.
In case anyone wanders into this thread and is curious about this ITN fellow I can lay it to rest for you below:
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote: No one can know the temperature of Denver.
He's absolutely correct....

The pointless and false argument that if you don't know something with infinite precision (we never well) then you know nothing at all is dismissed.

Into the Night wrote:
You don't believe there were dinosaurs and they are now gone I take it? Also UNKNOWN!!!
You don't have to answer that I really don't care.

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is ever valid for them
Edited on 04-01-2020 02:02
04-01-2020 02:01
(21597)
L8112 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
L8112 wrote:

No need. It's made up.
L8112 wrote:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-50817963

Quoting made up shit again, eh?

Sorry, you can't use government 'news' as a reference.

The Parrot Killer

04-01-2020 02:04
(21597)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
In case anyone wanders into this thread and is curious about this ITN fellow I can lay it to rest for you below:
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote: No one can know the temperature of Denver.
He's absolutely correct....

The pointless and false argument that if you don't know something with infinite precision (we never well) then you know nothing at all is dismissed.

Not about range. It is unknown. RDCF.
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
You don't believe there were dinosaurs and they are now gone I take it? Also UNKNOWN!!!
You don't have to answer that I really don't care.

Have you ever seen one?

The Parrot Killer

04-01-2020 02:40
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:...You don't believe there were dinosaurs
Have you ever seen one?

04-01-2020 05:00
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
I saw a live one, little over a month ago, down by the lake. It was a small one though, around 5 feet long, mostly tail. We call them alligators, and fairly common in Florida... There are actually quite a few living fossils around the world. Species are born, and die, all the time. It's normal, and natural. What's unnatural, is trying to protect and preserve them all. Some need to die off, to provide a niche for new species to thrive.
04-01-2020 05:14
(3979)
HarveyH55 wrote:
I saw a live one,...We call them alligators, ...
I think horseshoe crabs and sharks haven't changed much either right? too cool
2.9 million years ago
140 million years ago:
04-01-2020 10:11
(21597)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:...You don't believe there were dinosaurs
Have you ever seen one?

Not a dinosaur. Try again.

The Parrot Killer

04-01-2020 10:13
(21597)
HarveyH55 wrote:
I saw a live one, little over a month ago, down by the lake. It was a small one though, around 5 feet long, mostly tail. We call them alligators, and fairly common in Florida... There are actually quite a few living fossils around the world.

Neither alligators nor crocodiles in Florida are made of stone.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Species are born, and die, all the time. It's normal, and natural. What's unnatural, is trying to protect and preserve them all. Some need to die off, to provide a niche for new species to thrive.

In Florida, there are plenty of 'niches'!

The Parrot Killer

04-01-2020 10:14
(21597)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
I saw a live one,...We call them alligators, ...
I think horseshoe crabs and sharks haven't changed much either right? too cool
2.9 million years ago
140 million years ago:

Neither are dinosaurs. Try again.

The Parrot Killer

04-01-2020 10:20
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
So now you don't believe that Dinosaurs existed?
04-01-2020 10:35
(21597)
spot wrote:

Ever see one?

The Parrot Killer

04-01-2020 11:06
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
Into the Night wrote:
spot wrote:

Ever see one?

Yes and no.
Ever not answered a question with a question?

IBdaMann wrote:
"Air" is not a body in and of itself. Ergo it is not a blackbody.

Planck's law describes the spectral density of electromagnetic radiation emitted by a black body in thermal equilibrium at a given temperature T.
04-01-2020 12:59
(3979)
spot wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
spot wrote:So now you don't believe that Dinosaurs existed?

Ever see one?

Yes and no.
Ever not answered a question with a question?

The goal would seem to be the disqualification of all knowledge.

The only goal ITN/IBD have achieved is to serve Al Gore well by making the oposition to Global Warming hysteria look crazy and stupid.
04-01-2020 19:56
(5197)
We still have polar ice, which according to Al Gore's first movie, should have completely melted by now. Florida should have been underwater, from all that melted polar ice. Never happened, so Al Gore was full of shit. His movie was based on 'settled' 'science', which makes global warming total crap. Since the prophesied catastrophes failed to signal the climate apocalypse, it's be re-branded, as climate change, with a new timeline to doomsday, and new signs of the coming apocalypse.
04-01-2020 20:47
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
We still have polar ice, which according to Al Gore's first movie, should have completely melted by now. Florida should have been underwater, from all that melted polar ice. Never happened, so Al Gore was full of shit. His movie was based on 'settled' 'science', which makes global warming total crap. Since the prophesied catastrophes failed to signal the climate apocalypse, it's be re-branded, as climate change, with a new timeline to doomsday, and new signs of the coming apocalypse.

I doubt you watched the movie. Yet you reference it anyway. The references that you're using weren't in the movie.
04-01-2020 23:45
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Australian fires is a good one. It does cost money to pump water. But if they created channels for salt water (ocean water) to flow through, it would increase the amount of water vapour in the atmosphere. It's possible that even with natural climate change there will be more fires.
If so, then the only way to mitigate that impact is by increasing the amount of water vapour (I used my spell checker, okay mate?) in their atmosphere. Hydrated plants and trees for some reason tend to be fire resistant.
04-01-2020 23:55
(5197)
James___ wrote:
Australian fires is a good one. It does cost money to pump water. But if they created channels for salt water (ocean water) to flow through, it would increase the amount of water vapour in the atmosphere. It's possible that even with natural climate change there will be more fires.
If so, then the only way to mitigate that impact is by increasing the amount of water vapour (I used my spell checker, okay mate?) in their atmosphere. Hydrated plants and trees for some reason tend to be fire resistant.

Irrigate with saltwater? Least you would have to worry about as many plants and trees to burn. Maybe they could genetically alter some, to be more salt tolerant...
05-01-2020 00:08
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:

Irrigate with saltwater? Least you would have to worry about as many plants and trees to burn. Maybe they could genetically alter some, to be more salt tolerant...

With Australia, the salt would have little impact. How far can it travel in the ground? Not as far as water vapour in the atmosphere. What you don't understand about salt is that as the ground becomes permeated with it, it will become a natural filter. Salt evenly disperses in water. This means that if salt water tried to flow through ground that is permeated with salt, it will develop a thicker salt layer. They mines those today for both table and road salts.

https://science.howstuffworks.com/innovation/edible-innovations/salt4.htm
Edited on 05-01-2020 00:11
05-01-2020 00:26
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
tmiddles wrote:

And from 1910 to 1940, the temperature rose 3/4 of a degree Celsius. There is a potential cause in astrophysics for the warming period being ignored.
I can't really disagree with people who say climate change isn't happening if I'm going to ignore non-CO2 based warming. I need to be consistent. This is one reason why I'm not too focused n CO2.

With the warming of 1910 - 1940, some SCIENTISTS believe it was this
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/news/2012/3/120306-titanic-supermoon-moon-science-iceberg-sky-sink/

That isn't a joke. It's believed that the Moon caused earthquakes. There is more to this than what is in the story. The area below about 66º north latitude warmed.
White whales which like arctic waters migrated to the Hudson Bay area.
This could be why monitoring of earthquakes around Greenland increased during the 1920's. Before then there was no monitoring. But you guys aren't nerds.

Edited on 05-01-2020 00:37
05-01-2020 02:07
(3979)
HarveyH55 wrote:... according to Al Gore's first movie, should have completely melted by now. Florida should have been underwater, ...
does it actually say that? Lets get some solid quotes and comparisons on global warming failed predictions. That should be a thread.
05-01-2020 04:24
(5197)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:... according to Al Gore's first movie, should have completely melted by now. Florida should have been underwater, ...
does it actually say that? Lets get some solid quotes and comparisons on global warming failed predictions. That should be a thread.

I believe it was coastal flooding, and Florida is mostly coastal, little rise in elevation between. It's been too many years, you'll have to watch it yourself, probably free online somewhere. I don't own a copy, nor the patience to sit through.
Page 1 of 3123>

Join the debate Australian fires:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Australian bushfires216-02-2020 07:34
Trump Fires More Undocumented Workers203-01-2020 04:24
Record Australian heat shows soaring cost of climate change126-02-2019 18:16
Proffessor Brian Cox vs Conspiracy theorist Australian Senator14211-12-2018 20:27
Is This Helping To Increase The Severity of Fires In California ?1223-12-2017 23:45
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact