Remember me
▼ Content

Australian fires

Page 3 of 3<123
11-01-2020 17:29
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Today it will be about 72° F. or 22° C. This severe weather (link is to a live radar picture I took, a local station broadcasts it 24/7) is possibly caused by the warm Pacific Ocean causing the Norwegian (polar) jet stream to go из Норвегии к Екатеринбург к Камчатке then south to Hawaii.
This is where the combination of a warmer Pacific Ocean and eucalyptus trees could be responsible for the brush fires in Australia.

You can see the outline of Kentucky, USA. That will give an idea of how large that system is.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3eKLjgbeUHh48C2DA
Edited on 11-01-2020 17:32
11-01-2020 17:34
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
What you fail to understand, is that wildfires happen naturally, and have been a huge problem in some areas. To make those areas, like Australia and California, more hospitable, the problem was studied extensively, and solutions developed, to control the frequency and impact. Those measure were quite effective for decades, but now they aren't. It's not the changing climate, causing more, and bigger fires every year, it's people
11-01-2020 21:13
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
What you fail to understand, is that wildfires happen naturally, and have been a huge problem in some areas. To make those areas, like Australia and California, more hospitable, the problem was studied extensively, and solutions developed, to control the frequency and impact. Those measure were quite effective for decades, but now they aren't. It's not the changing climate, causing more, and bigger fires every year, it's people

You are right Harvey, it is people. It's people making ODSs (ozone depleting substances) which cause the ozone layer to become depleted. In Australia, this is something that is known to cause the southern end of the African continent to be warmer in the spring. Real time observation showed this relationship. It changed wind patterns. This change in wind patterns might lessen how much it rains in Australia at the same time. And as you said and I agree with you, people caused this problem. Thank you for pointing that tome Harvey. I'm glad you did.

https://www.livescience.com/40388-ozone-hole-caused-southern-africa-warming.html
Edited on 11-01-2020 21:20
11-01-2020 21:33
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14404)
James___ wrote: It's people making ODSs (ozone depleting substances) which cause the ozone layer to become depleted.

James__, you were going to explain to me how that ozone depletion works, you know, from a chemistry perspective.

James___ wrote: In Australia, this is something that is known to cause the southern end of the African continent to be warmer in the spring.

Did tmiddles tell you to write that? How is it "known"? ... or do you mean "known" in the tmiddles sense of "wildly speculated by raging lunatics"?

James___ wrote: Real time observation showed this relationship.

Oh, I didn't know. Forgive me for ever having doubted you.

James___ wrote: It changed wind patterns.

Were the wind patterns changed from what they SHOULD have been?

How do you define a wind pattern?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
12-01-2020 01:46
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote: It's people making ODSs (ozone depleting substances) which cause the ozone layer to become depleted.

James__, you were going to explain to me how that ozone depletion works, you know, from a chemistry perspective.

ODSs displace ozone by preventing O and O2 from bonding.
If O + O2 > O3 does not happen then the molecule (O2) and element (O) cool and descend in the atmosphere. If they form O3, then the occurrence of ozone absorbs UV radiation and ascend in the atmosphere.
I guess it would be easier to say that ODSs disrupts the Chapman cycle.

http://www.ccpo.odu.edu/SEES/ozone/class/Chap_5/5_Js/5-05.jpg
12-01-2020 02:43
(5197)
Back in the 70s, ozone depletion was going to cause the next great ice age, at an alarming rate. Sort of like global warming, a few years later. CFCs where the cause, and switching to less efficient, and more wasteful version, saved the planet from becoming a snowball.

Seems to me, if we deplete the ozone layer, we can cool the earth, without giving up our SUVs. I'm not really a huge fan, but it's still runs, and only leaks a little oil. But, at least I can feel confident that the planet vegetation is well fed.
12-01-2020 03:12
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Back in the 70s, ozone depletion was going to cause the next great ice age, at an alarming rate. Sort of like global warming, a few years later. CFCs where the cause, and switching to less efficient, and more wasteful version, saved the planet from becoming a snowball.

Seems to me, if we deplete the ozone layer, we can cool the earth, without giving up our SUVs. I'm not really a huge fan, but it's still runs, and only leaks a little oil. But, at least I can feel confident that the planet vegetation is well fed.

How about something to backup your claim?
12-01-2020 03:27
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
James wrote:
It's people making ODSs (ozone depleting substances) which cause the ozone layer to become depleted......This change in wind patterns might lessen how much it rains in Australia at the same time.

In the last 24 hours at my home the wind has gone from southeast, to south, to calm, to west, to northwest, to north, to northeast.

I'm wondering if someone just went apeshit on the ODSs around here! Wouldn't you say our wind pattern has changed?

You know what? Last week I used some R-22 to loosen up a corroded bonnet nut on a shower valve. I bet it was me!
Edited on 12-01-2020 03:30
12-01-2020 20:33
(5197)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

How about something to backup your claim?

Ever tried Google.Com? Since the Ozone Hole was headline news, and cover story of quite a few magazines, you should have trouble finding what you want or need. It would of course, just be a waste of my time, guess at what you find acceptable, which is obviously your goal here.
Page 3 of 3<123

Join the debate Australian fires:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Australian bushfires216-02-2020 07:34
Trump Fires More Undocumented Workers203-01-2020 04:24
Record Australian heat shows soaring cost of climate change126-02-2019 18:16
Proffessor Brian Cox vs Conspiracy theorist Australian Senator14211-12-2018 20:27
Is This Helping To Increase The Severity of Fires In California ?1223-12-2017 23:45
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact