Remember me
▼ Content

Asymptomatic, The Phantom Spreaders

Page 1 of 212>
Asymptomatic, The Phantom Spreaders08-11-2020 19:57
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
I've always thought it odd, when I first heard the term 'asymptomatic'. Though, maybe it was possible, that symptoms were very mild, and short appearing, they might go unnoticed. I wouldn't think it common, though for such a 'deadly' disease. The body needs to fight infections, and the immune response, is the symptoms that we observe. Really makes no sense, that someone could be infected with covid, not show a sign of an immune response, and still recover from it.

I've yet to see any study or statistics, of confirmed asymptomatic cases. It's the basis of mandates, yet there doesn't seem to be any physical data to support the theory. Seems entirely ridiculous to mandate masks wearing, social distancing, shuttering activities, based on these phantom-spreaders. The idea that anyone could be infected, and unknowing spreading it to 'grandma', equally clueless, that she is at high-risk of dying from a simple respiratory infection. Normal people with serious health issues know how to stay safe during cold and flu season, why not a pandemic?

After 10 months of a highly contagious virus, ravaging the population, less than 3% of the population has been infected. Less the 1% of those confirmed cases, have died. Most of those, had chronic conditions, where any sort of infection, would have been just as deadly. Seems more likely, that a systematic person, taking over-the-counter decongestants and cough suppressants, would be more common, than the phantom asymptomatic spreaders.

I could buy into initially, we had to go with the highly invasive nasal swab. But, why is it still the only method of taking a sample? Wouldn't we want to make the testing as easy, fast, and simple, to encourage more people to get tested, and often. Risking a frontal lobotomy, to confirm that I caught a cold, really doesn't appeal to me. Little scary, since someone might eventual give my name to a contract tracer, the health department contacts my employer, who would require me to self quarantine, until I can produce a negative test result. How are they going to find asymptomatic cases, if nobody is going to get tested, unless there is some compelling need to have a giant Q-Tip shoved deep, up in their nose? We've know from past pandemics, that a virus takes 2-3 years to travel through the population, and the eventual 'herd' immunity, slows the spread. Why no efforts for a minimally invasive, rapid test? We still have at least two more years. Unlikely this will be the last pandemic, before the apocalypse. Covid is here to stay, and we are going to see outbreaks for decades. Why has no one thought to develop a test method, that isn't so invasive, or take days to get results? Something about a fast spread, deadly virus, with only a minimal effort to improve testing methods, is just odd. The experts keep assuring us, that testing is the key to control. But they offer only a scary, invasive testing option.
08-11-2020 20:27
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
It is just overall stupidness. There is no cure for the virus. Only the immune system could fight it off. Masks do not work because the virus is just too small. 2m distance also does not work because the virus is airborne. There is nothing we could do to stop it spreading. Also what is the point of testing if there is no cure?
08-11-2020 20:45
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Xadoman wrote:
It is just overall stupidness. There is no cure for the virus. Only the immune system could fight it off. Masks do not work because the virus is just too small. 2m distance also does not work because the virus is airborne. There is nothing we could do to stop it spreading. Also what is the point of testing if there is no cure?

In the Covid 19 thread, I posted a link to an article about a nasal spray that prevents infection. If it turns out to work on humans, could you imagine manufacturing a 2 month supply for everyone in the world? That would be one way to eradicate the virus.
08-11-2020 21:42
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
Xadoman wrote:
... Masks do not work because the virus is just too small. 2m distance also does not work because the virus is airborne.

So your theory is that the Virus is only transmitted in air, floating free among the gas molecules?

I thought it was primarily in the moisture coming out of someone's mouth.

Breathing in someone's breath, if they aren't wearing a mask as above, is the equivalent of having them spit in your mouth.

Is you dry air theory based on anything or is it your own creation?
08-11-2020 23:40
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
tmiddles wrote:
Xadoman wrote:
... Masks do not work because the virus is just too small. 2m distance also does not work because the virus is airborne.

So your theory is that the Virus is only transmitted in air, floating free among the gas molecules?

Breathing in someone's breath, if they aren't wearing a mask as above, is the equivalent of having them spit in your mouth.

Do you know what's funny tmiddles? Women say the same thing about birth control. Why there's over 600,000 abortions every year. Used to be over 800,000.
08-11-2020 23:47
(5197)
tmiddles wrote:
Xadoman wrote:

Well gee whiz... How come we have been mandated to wear masks, everyday of our lives, for the past century or so. You do realize, that there hundreds of airborne, respiratory infecting viruses? Dozens of them are the cold and flu viruses, that are spread every year. Some of them were from deadly pandemics of the past, and still killing people every year. Not surprisingly, most of those fatalities, are also the once most at risk of dying from covid. We even have vaccines for them, given out every year, if you need it. No reason to believe the covid vaccines, are going to work any better than our flu vaccines, since the same people are making them.

Masks are turning out to be health issues for some, as they are great places for bacteria to live and breed. A warm, moist, environment is all they need. There are many documented cases of mask acne, where the breakouts or curiously confined to the area covered by masks. We also have a huge increase in bacterial sinus infections. Haven't seen anything specific about pneumonia, but seems likely.

Do you think covid is the worst, and only infectious disease we need to worry about? I'm not that worried about any of them, since I'd didn't destroy my body, or immune system, pursuing a wicked, progressive lifestyle. You play the game, you pay the price. Don't expect others to suffer, because you squandered your life.
09-11-2020 00:31
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14406)
tmiddles wrote:So your theory is that the Virus is only transmitted in air, floating free among the gas molecules?

"Only"? Why did you include the word "only"?

I'll answer that. Because you are building your obligatory dishonesty into your question. Without the word "only" the answer is obvious and common sense.

tmiddles wrote:I thought it was primarily in the moisture coming out of someone's mouth.

Aaahhh, so you are aware that viruses are not required to be in any sort of moisture in order to get a hall pass to leave the human body. Of course this reveals the dishonesty of your opening question.

It is absolutely true that hundreds of billions of COVID-19 viruses can be in a single cubic millimeter of dry air, and they do not need to be in any moisture droplets when they leave the human body although they certainly can be and many hundreds of billions absolutely will. All in all, any given breath of air will have hundreds of trillions of COVID-19 viruses floating in moisture and hundreds of trillions of COVID-19 viruses floating freely in the air.

Then we examine the hundreds of trillions of COVID-19 viruses sitting in moisture stuck on a mask, that did not simply pass right on through the mask like it wasn't even there because they were not floating freely in the air ... and we recognize that water evaporates. The VAST majority of breath droplets will be less than 75µm in diameter. Those of 50µm diameter take 13 seconds to fully evaporate. The 5µm droplets take 1 second.

... then right through the mask they go ... hundreds and hundreds of trillions of them, floating freely in the air, their journey delayed only by a few seconds unlike the hundreds and hundreds of trillions of COVID-19 viruses that were not delayed in the least because they weren't in any moisture when they left the human body.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
09-11-2020 02:39
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21597)
tmiddles wrote:
Xadoman wrote:

Is floating free in the air. It doesn't need moisture to survive. Masks do not stop a virus.

Breathing into someone's mouth is not the equivalent of spitting in someone's mouth. For one thing, you can't resuscitate someone by spitting in them.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
09-11-2020 02:41
(21597)
HarveyH55 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
Xadoman wrote:

Well gee whiz... How come we have been mandated to wear masks, everyday of our lives, for the past century or so. You do realize, that there hundreds of airborne, respiratory infecting viruses? Dozens of them are the cold and flu viruses, that are spread every year. Some of them were from deadly pandemics of the past, and still killing people every year. Not surprisingly, most of those fatalities, are also the once most at risk of dying from covid. We even have vaccines for them, given out every year, if you need it. No reason to believe the covid vaccines, are going to work any better than our flu vaccines, since the same people are making them.

Masks are turning out to be health issues for some, as they are great places for bacteria to live and breed. A warm, moist, environment is all they need. There are many documented cases of mask acne, where the breakouts or curiously confined to the area covered by masks. We also have a huge increase in bacterial sinus infections. Haven't seen anything specific about pneumonia, but seems likely.

Do you think covid is the worst, and only infectious disease we need to worry about? I'm not that worried about any of them, since I'd didn't destroy my body, or immune system, pursuing a wicked, progressive lifestyle. You play the game, you pay the price. Don't expect others to suffer, because you squandered your life.

Masks can and do cause problems. You are correct. Airborne viruses of all kinds (including Covid19) are just floating around in the air. Masks do not stop them.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
09-11-2020 07:29
(3979)
HarveyH55 wrote:
...How come we have been mandated to wear masks, everyday of our lives, for the past century or so....

So I realize you think Covid is a hoax but do you think there can be a disease that warrants extra measures to reduce transmission?

Let's say something similar to Smallpox hits us.

[quote]IBdaMann wrote:... COVID-19 viruses can be in a single cubic millimeter of dry air, and they do not need to be in any moisture .../b/quote]

What are you basing this on?
09-11-2020 08:29
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14406)
tmiddles wrote:
[quote]IBdaMann wrote:... COVID-19 viruses can be in a single cubic millimeter of dry air, and they do not need to be in any moisture ...[quote]

Really stupid question. What fundamentals of your sixth-grade science did you forget or never learn?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
09-11-2020 10:56
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

... sixth-grade science....

Ah as I thought.

You waste everyone's time.

The study of disease transmission is just that, a study.

https://english.elpais.com/society/2020-10-28/a-room-a-bar-and-a-class-how-the-coronavirus-is-spread-through-the-air.html
Edited on 09-11-2020 10:58
09-11-2020 15:40
(5197)
tmiddles wrote:
[quote]HarveyH55 wrote:
...How come we have been mandated to wear masks, everyday of our lives, for the past century or so....

So I realize you think Covid is a hoax but do you think there can be a disease that warrants extra measures to reduce transmission?

Let's say something similar to Smallpox hits us.

IBdaMann wrote:... COVID-19 viruses can be in a single cubic millimeter of dry air, and they do not need to be in any moisture .../b/quote]

I've never once claimed covid was a hoax. It's a simple cold virus, new to the human species. Normally, these virus only take 2-3 years to run their course. But with all the mask wearing, basement-dwelling,

I think the response, should be proportional to the threat. Less than 1% of the confirmed infected people (those, who bother to get tested), are dying. Of those, nearly all have serious chronic issues. That's not a deadly virus. Most of the 'common' flu viruses are more deadly, as prior health conditions don't matter. People die from the flu, any age and condition. Well, actually, it's pneumonia that takes most those, but could have been avoided, had they gotten in for treatment earlier on. It's also likely the reason why a lot of people died from covid. It's just a cold, and they feel it'll pass. Even with ObamaCare, it's still expensive to go to the hospital. Hard to believe the democrats would lie about something like that...

Masks, social distancing, basement-dwelling, vaccines, won't eradicate covid. It's here to stay, just like all the past pandemic viruses. The threat of catching a cold, isn't sufficient motivation, for the mass majority, to comply with excessive mandates. Most of the people need to be hospitalized with covid, are no strangers to the emergency room. Friends and family, are aware of their delicate health, and the soap opera drama. Most had already accepted that the next trip to the ER could be the last. Doing the excessive response, just to see if we could control a pandemic, was foolish. It'll be more difficult to get cooperation on the next one.
09-11-2020 21:02
(21597)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:

... sixth-grade science....

Ah as I thought.

You waste everyone's time.

The study of disease transmission is just that, a study.

A virus can survive in dry air, dumbass. A mask won't stop it. 6 feet doesn't stop it. Shutting down some businesses as 'non-essential' doesn't stop it and is unconstitutional.

The Parrot Killer

09-11-2020 21:24
(5197)
Has there been any document proof that asymptomatic phantom spreaders even exist? Certainly, there must be some studies to support the mask mandates, even if questionable. How are they testing for these phantom spreaders, and verify it's not a erroneous test result.

In theory, it's possible. Lot of confirmed positive cases report there symptoms are mild. I've only met two people, and both didn't think it was any worse than a mild cold. Some coughing (dude smokes like a chimney though). The woman, just had a fever, and felt exhausted. At the beginning of testing, there were limited test kits, and lab capacity, so tests were restricted to people who had one or more symptoms. Some states are still under those restrictions. How were they finding any phantom spreaders, if they had no symptoms, and couldn't get tested? We have to wear masks, we have to social distance, because we might be asymptomatic... Yet, is highly unlikely they had ever found more than a few people, worldwide. You'd think if they are going to lie to the public, they could manufacture some sort of supportive reports...
10-11-2020 04:25
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
I see that tmiddles is back again, and I see that tmiddles is still just as damn stupid as he was before... still hasn't learned a single thing.

Sad.
10-11-2020 04:26
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:So your theory is that the Virus is only transmitted in air, floating free among the gas molecules?

"Only"? Why did you include the word "only"?

I'll answer that. Because you are building your obligatory dishonesty into your question. Without the word "only" the answer is obvious and common sense.

tmiddles wrote:I thought it was primarily in the moisture coming out of someone's mouth.

Aaahhh, so you are aware that viruses are not required to be in any sort of moisture in order to get a hall pass to leave the human body. Of course this reveals the dishonesty of your opening question.

It is absolutely true that hundreds of billions of COVID-19 viruses can be in a single cubic millimeter of dry air, and they do not need to be in any moisture droplets when they leave the human body although they certainly can be and many hundreds of billions absolutely will. All in all, any given breath of air will have hundreds of trillions of COVID-19 viruses floating in moisture and hundreds of trillions of COVID-19 viruses floating freely in the air.

Then we examine the hundreds of trillions of COVID-19 viruses sitting in moisture stuck on a mask, that did not simply pass right on through the mask like it wasn't even there because they were not floating freely in the air ... and we recognize that water evaporates. The VAST majority of breath droplets will be less than 75µm in diameter. Those of 50µm diameter take 13 seconds to fully evaporate. The 5µm droplets take 1 second.

... then right through the mask they go ... hundreds and hundreds of trillions of them, floating freely in the air, their journey delayed only by a few seconds unlike the hundreds and hundreds of trillions of COVID-19 viruses that were not delayed in the least because they weren't in any moisture when they left the human body.

BINGO. Nailed it!
Edited on 10-11-2020 04:26
10-11-2020 04:41
(5197)
Why do the normal, surface dwellers have to wear masks? Seems like those that are afraid of living, should either just get it over with, or hide in their basements, until they get infected with something? Why don't they make people that are at high-risk, wear a bright pink ribbon in their hair (if the still have any), so normal people can know when to mask up, and a void them, like the freaks they is. We know we will never control the virus, it's going to survive, for all eternity, just waiting for a new host to come by. Immunity, is they only thing that is going to slow the spread, and nature provides it, for those strong enough to survive.
10-11-2020 05:13
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1643)
What about all the people now working remotely from home instead of stuck in a cubicle? They must be loving their new life COVID has afforded them.

And what about students remote learning? They probably never want to go back to class again. Hell Ya! School Sucks!

Plus the energy saved by not commuting to and from these occupations. It's a win win!

I do feel sorry for people working retail if they have to wear masks all shift long. But seems like most people around where I live want to wear a mask. I see people going on recreational walks wearing masks.

Wearing a mask could help reduce CO2 in the atmosphere if some of it sticks to your mask when you exhale

It all comes back to CO2 in Climate Debate!
10-11-2020 05:37
(3314)
Masks are a symbol of compliance. Obedient mask wearing lets the elites know that they have control over the proles... The mask mandate bullshit that governors imposed, and legislatures allowed, also lets governors know that they can be tyrants and the legislatures won't do a damn thing about it. Give Demonrats an inch, and they will take a thousand miles...

These people are the spawn of Satan... They perpetually lie, as their "father" perpetually lies... They advocate for rule over others via compulsion, just as their "father" does.
10-11-2020 06:28
(5197)
I really don't expect a whole lot of compliance. If our employer requires them, we chose to work, or we wear the mask. Fortunately, my employers aren't democrats... I don't wear a mask, unless it's required by a homeowner or business. I always respect house rules. The social distancing thing isn't an issue, since I don't crowd people, and appreciate people giving me a respectable distance. I shouldn't be able to reach out and slap you upside your head, got long arms too...

I have no reason to be concerned about catching a cold, rarely happens anyway. I'm sure whatever I've been doing, to dodge the cold and flu viruses all these years, works for covid too. Never had to wear a mask, until Walmart mandated it. If I'm not sick, coughing or sneezing, so what's a mask going to do? I'm not real chatty, so don't talk to me, if you fear my breath. I try to do most of my breathing through my nose, it's a natural filter.

What can they really do to people, who don't comply with mandates? Throw us all in jail? Fine us? Jail us, they have to provide free everything, specially medical. Huge liability, not to mention jails are always crowded with Biden supporters. What good are fines, if many people still don't have jobs. Again, would they jail people for not paying fines, they don't have the money to pay? I think Joe is going to wind up crying like a little girl, when people tell him what he can do with his masks, and basement dwelling. What kind of compliance does he expect from his rioters and looters? They are all about, 'FU, we do what we want'. Think they are going to behave, with a ,'Come on, man'...
12-11-2020 18:46
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
This guy sums up well the stupidity of mask wearing and social distance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoLo3yLlkec&ab_channel=ABOUD
12-11-2020 19:43
(21597)
Spongy Iris wrote:
What about all the people now working remotely from home instead of stuck in a cubicle? They must be loving their new life COVID has afforded them.

Generally not. It's difficult to conduct businesses that way. Many businesses are shut down entirely as 'non-essential'. That does not stop a virus and is unconstitutional.
Spongy Iris wrote:
And what about students remote learning? They probably never want to go back to class again. Hell Ya! School Sucks!

Kids around here want to go back to school. Their parents want the kids in school. Home schooling requires a lot of effort by the parents, and the kids miss their friends at school.
Spongy Iris wrote:
Plus the energy saved by not commuting to and from these occupations. It's a win win!

Why is commuting a loss? If people want to do that, who are YOU to require otherwise? You are not the king.
Spongy Iris wrote:
I do feel sorry for people working retail if they have to wear masks all shift long.

You should. Being required to conform to a religion just to work is ridiculous and is unconstitutional.
Spongy Iris wrote:
But seems like most people around where I live want to wear a mask. I see people going on recreational walks wearing masks.

Let 'em. Voluntary compliance with a religion is legal.
Spongy Iris wrote:
Wearing a mask could help reduce CO2 in the atmosphere if some of it sticks to your mask when you exhale

Masks do not stop a virus. The do not stop any gas. If anything stopped CO2 from being exhaled, you will suffocate.
Spongy Iris wrote:

CO2 is not capable of warming the Earth. No gas or vapor is capable of warming the Earth.

The Parrot Killer

12-11-2020 21:52
(1643)
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

Generally not. It's difficult to conduct businesses that way. Many businesses are shut down entirely as 'non-essential'. That does not stop a virus and is unconstitutional.

I don't think you're gonna find most people prefer working in an office building than working remotely from home if given the option.

Spongy Iris wrote:

Kids around here want to go back to school. Their parents want the kids in school. Home schooling requires a lot of effort by the parents, and the kids miss their friends at school.

I think you will find the majority will prefer remote learning for most subjects.

They can still see their friends if they want.

Maybe there are a bunch who miss sports and drama.

Spongy Iris wrote:

Why is commuting a loss? If people want to do that, who are YOU to require otherwise? You are not the king.

Did I say I was requiring these changes??? No I'm just summarizing some big changes I have seen which seem to me as changes for the better

Spongy Iris wrote:

Masks do not stop a virus. The do not stop any gas. If anything stopped CO2 from being exhaled, you will suffocate.

I said if SOME sticks to your mask when you exhale, not ALL. You seem to be considering every statement an absolute. It's rather annoying.
You must know that the mask becomes moist when you exhale into it repeatedly.
There was a Turkish study done on +50 surgeons, which showed when wearing a mask for 4 hours, then measuring their blood oxygen level with an oximeter, blood oxygen saturation declined from approx 98% to 96%. So indeed there does appear to be a minor amount of oxygen deprivation that happens when wearing a mask.

Spongy Iris wrote:

CO2 is not capable of warming the Earth. No gas or vapor is capable of warming the Earth.

Then why is so much ice at the north pole melting denier???
12-11-2020 22:39
(21597)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

I don't think you're gonna find most people prefer working in an office building than working remotely from home if given the option.

Spongy Iris wrote:

I think you will find the majority will prefer remote learning for most subjects.

Spongy Iris wrote:

Did I say I was requiring these changes??? No I'm just su

mmarizing some big changes I have seen which seem to me as changes for the better

Spongy Iris wrote:

I said if SOME sticks to your mask when you exhale, not ALL. You seem to be considering every statement an absolute. It's rather annoying.
There was a Turkish study done on +50 surgeons, which showed when wearing a mask for 4 hours, then measuring their blood oxygen level with an oximeter, blood oxygen saturation declined from approx 98% to 96%. So indeed there does appear to be a minor amount of oxygen deprivation that happens when wearing a mask.

Spongy Iris wrote:

Into the Night wrote:

It isn't.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 12-11-2020 22:40
12-11-2020 23:03
(1643)
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

Did I say I was requiring these changes??? No I'm just su

mmarizing some big changes I have seen which seem to me as changes for the better

Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

Into the Night wrote:

It isn't.

Obviously a lie
12-11-2020 23:04
(5197)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

Did I say I was requiring these changes??? No I'm just summarizing some big changes I have seen which seem to me as changes for the better

Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

Summertime fun? Why is some much Arctic ice reforming, as we speak? Winter gloom, least for the warmist. Will polar ice reform, beyond what was melted over the summer months? Won't know until spring. Sometimes it does, some times it don't. Sometimes wonder if Las Vegas makes book off climate change claims? Al Gore would be broke, betting on himself...

Just out of curiosity... To show change, there needs to be a baseline, a 'normal' to compare with, measure against. What calendar year,and why, is considered the baseline, the normal? The ever changing weather patterns have been going on, long before cavemen smeared feces on the walls, to record their experiences. We wouldn't have know normal, coming out of an ice age, but we could expect/hope for some warming. But how much warming, until we achieve 'normal'? Being without fur, you'd think our species was more successful, hairless, than our hairy cousins. Lack of the need for fur, would seem to indicate a very hot climate. A hairy body, sort of detrimental to the species. Then again, could be the fur harbored disease carrying parasites, and less fur, made them easier to remove. Ice core samples really don't give those kinds of details.
13-11-2020 16:41
(3314)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Obviously a lie

Did you know that water, while it can melt at times, can also freeze at other times? There is no "crisis", nor any cause of concern, regarding ice at the North Pole...
13-11-2020 20:06
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
According to the CDC, masks work in both directions.
It shouldn't be a surprise.
They also are pointing out long haulers and asymptomatic spreaders.
Also, the virus load in the communities is increasing.
Things are getting worse but people aren't becoming more cautious as far as i can tell from where i am.
13-11-2020 20:36
(1643)
gfm7175 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Obviously a lie

Did you know that water, while it can melt at times, can also freeze at other times? There is no "crisis", nor any cause of concern, regarding ice at the North Pole...

You and the other bird brain like to play silly word games like children.

You should know I'm talking about significant overall declines in the past 30 years at least.

It is a pretty clear indication of warming at the north pole. You and the other bird brain can keep crying like babies because the data observed isn't an absolute measurement of the entire world temperatures, demanding the impossible.
13-11-2020 20:47
(1643)
keepit wrote:
Things are getting worse but people aren't becoming more cautious as far as i can tell from where i am.

Masks seem to be a bit of a health hazard if you wear them too long.

I wouldn't be surprised if people got more prone to becoming diseased with COVID from wearing a mask for a prolonged time.

I'm a fan of fresh air.

Cases are probably picking up mostly because of these 2 reasons...

It's getting cold and people are shuttered inside not getting fresh air and re breathing their exhaled breath.

Plants don't absorb as much CO2 in the cold season.
13-11-2020 21:04
(5197)
keepit wrote:

Works, but doesn't provide significant protection. Makes you feel good wear one the, like you are doing something important. Also gives the media, the experts, and politicians something to harp about, since they are powerless to contain or control the spread. The surprise, is your eyes, which collect a lot of dust, and virus particles. Your tears, constantly moisten and rinse your eyeballs. Those tears, drain through the tear ducts, into your nasal cavity. Your probably wear your mask, covering your eyes, since your are blind to the fear mongering going on, outsider the safety of your basement bunker. People touch around their eyes, rub them, when there is irritation (larger particles), to squeeze out a little extra fluid, to clean it off...

It's a cold and flu season, and covid is a cold virus. Of course it's spreading. Along with other deadly, cold and flu viruses being passed around. Viruses can last a long time, if they settle on suitable surfaces. They don't always remain airborne.

If you are scared to death of covid, you must be frightened all the time, there are hundreds of other viruses, that cause the same respiratory infection, severe symptoms, that kill thousands of Americans every year. You got your flu shot early, of course. Congratulations, you might be protected, from 3-4 strains, out of something like 17 common ones that get passed every year. Learn the truth about the flu vaccine, at the CDC website. Your best bet, is to never leave your basement, if you fear a respiratory infection will kill you. Of course, the spores from that black mold, creeping down the walls, behind the drywall, isn't going to do your lungs any favors..
13-11-2020 21:44
(3314)
keepit wrote:

According to the CDC of earlier this year, masks didn't work AT ALL... THEN they later adjusted that position to "masks protect others, but not the wearer"... and NOW they have once AGAIN adjusted that position to "masks protect both others AND the wearer"...

Why does the CDC keep whimsically adjusting their guidelines?? It seems to me like they are complete buffoons who have absolutely ZERO idea WTF they are even talking about...

keepit wrote:

Masks do not protect anyone from any viruses. [SOURCES: the specs of the masks that people are wearing around... the specs of any virus]

keepit wrote:

WTF is a "long hauler"?? One cannot spread a virus that one doesn't have.

keepit wrote:

WTF is a "virus load"??

keepit wrote:

Stop fear mongering and enjoy life once again...
13-11-2020 21:54
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
The CDC learned from studying the virus That's what they do.
Do you?

If you don't understand some of the terms i use, look them up on google.
"WTF" isn't a sensible response.
Edited on 13-11-2020 21:58
13-11-2020 22:01
(3314)
Spongy Iris wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Obviously a lie

Words (and their meanings) matter. It's how we meaningfully communicate with one another.

Spongy Iris wrote:
You should know I'm talking about significant overall declines in the past 30 years at least.

Here, you are using a subjective word ("significant"). You would need to quantify what you mean by that...

Then, you speak of "overall declines"... Declines of what? The volume of ice? The surface area of ice? How has this been measured?

Then, you speak of "the past 30 years at least"... Why is THAT time frame more significant than any other time frame??

Spongy Iris wrote:
It is a pretty clear indication of warming at the north pole.

Is water re-freezing again a pretty clear indication of COOLING at the North Pole?? I don't get what the big deal is...

Spongy Iris wrote:
You and the other bird brain can keep crying like babies

The only one crying like a baby here is you...

Spongy Iris wrote:
because the data observed isn't an absolute measurement of the entire world temperatures, demanding the impossible.

What "data" are you talking about??

We're not talking about the entire world here... We're talking about the North Pole. We don't have enough thermometers at the North Pole to know what the temperature of it is... We also don't know the volume of the ice that is there... You're just making schiff up in order to fear monger, as all the other warmizombies do...
Edited on 13-11-2020 22:03
13-11-2020 22:06
(3314)
Spongy Iris wrote:
keepit wrote:

Masks seem to be a bit of a health hazard if you wear them too long.

I wouldn't be surprised if people got more prone to becoming diseased with COVID from wearing a mask for a prolonged time.

I'm a fan of fresh air.

Cases are probably picking up mostly because of these 2 reasons...

It's getting cold and people are shuttered inside not getting fresh air and re breathing their exhaled breath.

Plants don't absorb as much CO2 in the cold season.

Indeed! I am a fan of fresh air as well. Cases are also picking up again because it is now flu season (at least here in the USA it is)...
13-11-2020 22:32
(3314)
keepit wrote:
The CDC learned from studying the virus That's what they do.
Do you?

The CDC is just making schiff up, going along with the globalist schemes to implement tyranny across the whole world...

keepit wrote:
If you don't understand some of the terms i use, look them up on google.

You can't define your own terminology? You are a slave to Google? BTW, Google is a proper noun; it is capitalized...

keepit wrote:
"WTF" isn't a sensible response.

My response included more than WTF... Maybe you should try speaking English and then I wouldn't have to say WTF so often...
14-11-2020 00:31
(1643)
gfm7175 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Obviously a lie

Words (and their meanings) matter. It's how we meaningfully communicate with one another.

Spongy Iris wrote:

Here, you are using a subjective word ("significant"). You would need to quantify what you mean by that...

Then, you speak of "overall declines"... Declines of what? The volume of ice? The surface area of ice? How has this been measured?

Then, you speak of "the past 30 years at least"... Why is THAT time frame more significant than any other time frame??

Spongy Iris wrote:

Is water re-freezing again a pretty clear indication of COOLING at the North Pole?? I don't get what the big deal is...

Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:
because the data observed isn't an absolute measurement of the entire world temperatures, demanding the impossible.

We're not talking about the entire world here... We're talking about the North Pole. We don't have enough thermometers at the North Pole to know what the temperature of it is... We also don't know the volume of the ice that is there... You're just making schiff up in order to fear monger, as all the other warmizombies do...

Arctic sea ice reaches its minimum each September. September Arctic sea ice is now declining at a rate of 13.1 percent per decade, relative to the 1981 to 2010 average. This graph shows the average monthly Arctic sea ice extent each September since 1979, derived from satellite observations.

The animated time series below shows the annual Arctic sea ice minimum since 1979, based on satellite observations. The 2012 sea ice extent is the lowest in the satellite record.

https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/arctic-sea-ice//

It's significant because the chart goes down more than up.
Edited on 14-11-2020 00:33
14-11-2020 01:27
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
I disagree.Hudson bay has frozen to Ontario the last 2 years and bears were observed out on the ice.It has started to freeze over again according to Canada Ice.NASA have reported the ice is late and the bears will suffer however the people looking at it say its all good.Totally opposite opinions.NOAA have admitted there is more ice in Antartica.It is just not going your way and in 20 years it will still be fluctuating as it does.There is no sea level rise and the planet is not warming.The AGW/CC movement is losing traction due to the evidence it is not happening.A recent phenomena is how items are reported.You can get famous reporting disaster but less likely with good news.I even found a website on the techniques used to impend the doom.
14-11-2020 02:02
(5197)
Spongy Iris wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Obviously a lie

Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

Arctic sea ice reaches its minimum each September. September Arctic sea ice is now declining at a rate of 13.1 percent per decade, relative to the 1981 to 2010 average. This graph shows the average monthly Arctic sea ice extent each September since 1979, derived from satellite observations.

The animated time series below shows the annual Arctic sea ice minimum since 1979, based on satellite observations. The 2012 sea ice extent is the lowest in the satellite record.

https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/arctic-sea-ice//

It's significant because the chart goes down more than up.

Is this what causes people with no symptoms, to spread covid to the mask-wearing, basement-dwellers? Or did you post the ice melt crap in the wrong thread?
Page 1 of 212>

Join the debate Asymptomatic, The Phantom Spreaders:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact