Remember me
▼ Content

Asymptomatic, The Phantom Spreaders

Page 2 of 2<12
14-11-2020 02:07
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1639)
duncan61 wrote:
I disagree.Hudson bay has frozen to Ontario the last 2 years and bears were observed out on the ice.It has started to freeze over again according to Canada Ice.NASA have reported the ice is late and the bears will suffer however the people looking at it say its all good.Totally opposite opinions.NOAA have admitted there is more ice in Antartica.It is just not going your way and in 20 years it will still be fluctuating as it does.There is no sea level rise and the planet is not warming.The AGW/CC movement is losing traction due to the evidence it is not happening.A recent phenomena is how items are reported.You can get famous reporting disaster but less likely with good news.I even found a website on the techniques used to impend the doom.

Duncan, main argument I have relied on here to show warming of the north pole region is declining sea ice extent in Arctic. It is a pretty clear indication.
14-11-2020 02:19
(1639)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Obviously a lie

Did you know that water, while it can melt at times, can also freeze at other times? There is no "crisis", nor any cause of concern, regarding ice at the North Pole...

You and the other bird brain like to play silly word games like children.

Words (and their meanings) matter. It's how we meaningfully communicate with one another.

Spongy Iris wrote:
You should know I'm talking about significant overall declines in the past 30 years at least.

Here, you are using a subjective word ("significant"). You would need to quantify what you mean by that...

Then, you speak of "overall declines"... Declines of what? The volume of ice? The surface area of ice? How has this been measured?

Then, you speak of "the past 30 years at least"... Why is THAT time frame more significant than any other time frame??

Spongy Iris wrote:
It is a pretty clear indication of warming at the north pole.

Is water re-freezing again a pretty clear indication of COOLING at the North Pole?? I don't get what the big deal is...

Spongy Iris wrote:
You and the other bird brain can keep crying like babies

The only one crying like a baby here is you...

Spongy Iris wrote:
because the data observed isn't an absolute measurement of the entire world temperatures, demanding the impossible.

What "data" are you talking about??

We're not talking about the entire world here... We're talking about the North Pole. We don't have enough thermometers at the North Pole to know what the temperature of it is... We also don't know the volume of the ice that is there... You're just making schiff up in order to fear monger, as all the other warmizombies do...

Arctic sea ice reaches its minimum each September. September Arctic sea ice is now declining at a rate of 13.1 percent per decade, relative to the 1981 to 2010 average. This graph shows the average monthly Arctic sea ice extent each September since 1979, derived from satellite observations.

The animated time series below shows the annual Arctic sea ice minimum since 1979, based on satellite observations. The 2012 sea ice extent is the lowest in the satellite record.

https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/arctic-sea-ice//

It's significant because the chart goes down more than up.

Is this what causes people with no symptoms, to spread covid to the mask-wearing, basement-dwellers? Or did you post the ice melt crap in the wrong thread?

In case you missed the pivot...

I said masks might retain some CO2, instead of it being dispersed in the atmosphere.

Bird brain said no gas can warm the earth.

And I said, Then why is the north pole melting?
14-11-2020 02:29
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5193)
keepit wrote:
The CDC learned from studying the virus That's what they do.
Do you?

If you don't understand some of the terms i use, look them up on google.
"WTF" isn't a sensible response.

Cults make up a lot of catch phrases, and terminology. Makes the new recruits feel smarter, and part of the group, when they learn to speak 'cult' English.

You obviously have never actually visited the CDC website. Don't be shy, it's free to use, they don't ask for any information from you at all, no sign-up, and the don't use 'cookies'. If course, it could be a germaphobe's worst nightmare, to actually learn what a filthy world we live in. I was entirely serious about the annual flu shot. The CDC computer picks 3-4 strains, the models indicate will most likely be most active. Of course, these are the same sort of computer models, that predicted Florida would be underwater by now...

Why rely on catch phrases you hear on the nightly news, when you could actually get the straight, unbiased version, from the CDC? It's not all as scary as the TV news makes it appear, It's fear mongering, they know if they can keep you in fear of your life, you'll keep turning in for the entertainment (mostly theirs).

People are usually afraid of things they don't understand, or taught to fear. My guess would be that you are to lazy to learn, you just fear, what you are told by the media, to fear.

I really hate electric shocks... But, I learned a lot about electricity and electronics. I still hate getting shocked, but I'm not peeing my pants, when I see a bare wire. I don't enjoy working on household wiring, specially when my youngest brother is around... But, I do it, rather than spend hundreds of dollars for somebody else to do it for me. Mostly, I stick to low voltage projects. i did build a shocking toy for the raccoons the other day. Didn't get shocked, even once, even messing with it in the wet, and light rain. My cat wasn't so lucky, but learned about electricty...
14-11-2020 03:33
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14373)
Spongy Iris wrote:Duncan, main argument I have relied on here to show warming of the north pole region is declining sea ice extent in Arctic.

That is your argument ... and you are simply assuming it to be true without supporting it. It doesn't seem to be happening, which renders your argument FALSE and all other arguments based on it.

Try supporting your arguments instead creating circular ones ... that are FALSE. You'll fare much better.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
14-11-2020 03:45
(14373)
Spongy Iris wrote:Then why is so much ice at the north pole melting denier???

The Greenland ice sheet is accumulating ice mass, denier. The sea ice melts and reforms every year.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
14-11-2020 06:28
(1639)
IBdaMann wrote:

The Greenland ice sheet is accumulating ice mass, denier. The sea ice melts and reforms every year.

Regarding the Greenland ice sheet...

The 2020 season, which runs from September 1, 2019 to August 31, 2020, shows a loss of net surface balance as a result of input vs output into the ice sheet smaller than many recent years, but larger than most years in the previous century.

http://nsidc.org/greenland-today/

Since 1978 through 2020 , for the Greenland ice sheet, the net surface balance of ice has more losses than gains. The chart goes down more than up, much like the one of Arctic sea ice extent. It doesn't just go up and down over a steady average.
Edited on 14-11-2020 06:29
14-11-2020 06:38
(5193)
Spongy Iris wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

The 2020 season, which runs from September 1, 2019 to August 31, 2020, shows a loss of net surface balance as a result of input vs output into the ice sheet smaller than many recent years, but larger than most years in the previous century.

Since 1978 through 2020 , for the Greenland ice sheet, the net surface balance of ice has more losses than gains. The chart goes down more than up, much like the one of Arctic sea ice extent. It doesn't just go up and down over a steady average.

Considering, that this is a pandemic thread, and it's free, and simple to start a melting ice thread. I you obviously are intelligent enough to comprehend the crap your are providing links to.
14-11-2020 07:11
(1639)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Considering, that this is a pandemic thread, and it's free, and simple to start a melting ice thread. I you obviously are intelligent enough to comprehend the crap your are providing links to.

You gotta roll with the punches dude... Here you go...

Viruses are by far the most abundant microbes on the planet, with an estimated 10 to the power 30 virus particles in the oceans alone.

The highest relative deposition rates for viruses were associated with atmospheric transport from marine rather than terrestrial sources.

Virus deposition rates were positively correlated with organic aerosols <0.7 μm, whereas, bacteria were primarily associated with organic aerosols >0.7 μm, implying that viruses could have longer residence times in the atmosphere and, consequently, will be dispersed further.

Although there is theoretical and empirical evidence of viral dispersal at the Earth's near-surface, there are no data that quantify the magnitude of this dispersal for the free troposphere.

Viruses and bacteria are usually not air-dispersed as free particles, but are attached to soil-dust or marine organic aggregates.

In general, there is an altitudinal gradient of bacteria with higher concentrations in the near-surface air of polluted areas, and lower, but more uniform concentrations at high-altitude sites in the free troposphere. Similar studies have not been performed for viruses.
14-11-2020 07:34
(14373)
Spongy Iris wrote: Viruses and bacteria are usually not air-dispersed as free particles, but are attached to soil-dust or marine organic aggregates.

Some are. Many are not. There is no law of physics that requires any virus to be attached to anything.

... but let's talk about your bizarre belief that there somehow is a law of physics that somehow enforces virus attachment to things. The bottom line is that you were gullible and were thusly manipulated by others who are apparently doing your thinking for you. You should have called "BS!" but you were too busy being bent over furniture and having disinformation reamed into you to do so.

Then there is your belief that water somehow ceases to evaporate if associated with one or more viruses. I would point out that you are a moron for believing such. Water always evaporates, even when it is frozen. Science simply is not a subject on which you should be commenting. In fact, you should just shut up and listen to all the other people who know so much more than you.

Spongy Iris wrote: In general, there is an altitudinal gradient of bacteria with higher concentrations in the near-surface air of polluted areas, and lower, but more uniform concentrations at high-altitude sites in the free troposphere.

... and your point about COVID is ...?

14-11-2020 15:57
(5193)
IBdaMann wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote: Viruses and bacteria are usually not air-dispersed as free particles, but are attached to soil-dust or marine organic aggregates.

Some are. Many are not. There is no law of physics that requires any virus to be attached to anything.

... but let's talk about your bizarre belief that there somehow is a law of physics that somehow enforces virus attachment to things. The bottom line is that you were gullible and were thusly manipulated by others who are apparently doing your thinking for you. You should have called "BS!" but you were too busy being bent over furniture and having disinformation reamed into you to do so.

Then there is your belief that water somehow ceases to evaporate if associated with one or more viruses. I would point out that you are a moron for believing such. Water always evaporates, even when it is frozen. Science simply is not a subject on which you should be commenting. In fact, you should just shut up and listen to all the other people who know so much more than you.

Spongy Iris wrote: In general, there is an altitudinal gradient of bacteria with higher concentrations in the near-surface air of polluted areas, and lower, but more uniform concentrations at high-altitude sites in the free troposphere.

Basically, took the long way around, to say we living in filthy, germ infested world. Covid is the least of our worries. Viruses and bacteria have mass, and subject to the force of gravity, like anything else.
14-11-2020 18:20
(1639)
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Basically, took the long way around, to say we living in filthy, germ infested world. Covid is the least of our worries. Viruses and bacteria have mass, and subject to the force of gravity, like anything else.

My point about SARS COV 2 is it a virus.

It is interesting to wonder why the viruses collected from the free troposhere were usually found bound to soil-dust or marine organic aggregates.

As mentioned, viruses are subject to gravity, which seems like a key point. Seems like the point of that is to bind to things to help them fall down to earth.

It is also interesting to wonder how so many viruses get deposited into the free troposphere.

I'm not sure what causes or attracts viruses to bind to soil-dust or marine organic aggregates. Maybe the great knowing IBdaMann can enlighten us with one of his unhinged rants. Also, where was it said viruses stop water from evaporating???
Edited on 14-11-2020 18:24
14-11-2020 19:34
(14373)
Spongy Iris wrote:My point about SARS COV 2 is it a virus.

Yes, specifically a 120-nanometer diameter virus which is far smaller than the 3,000+ nanometer holes in facemasks.

Spongy Iris wrote:It is interesting to wonder why the viruses collected from the free troposhere were usually found bound to soil-dust or marine organic aggregates.

It's funny that you believe they were ever "bound" to anything. The appropriate word is the preposition "on."

Spongy Iris wrote:As mentioned, viruses are subject to gravity, which seems like a key point. Seems like the point of that is to bind to things to help them fall down to earth.

Nope. They float in the air on their own and settle onto whatever is below them per gravity. There is no "binding" although it is possible for a virus to adhese to something just as no virus is ever obligated to adhese to anything.

Spongy Iris wrote:It is also interesting to wonder how so many viruses get deposited into the free troposphere.

There is no Premium troposphere.

Spongy Iris wrote:Also, where was it said viruses stop water from evaporating???

You implied it when you said that viruses are in moisture/droplets and not floating freely in the air. That only makes sense if you are assuming that water never evaporates. If you acknowledge that water evaporates, where do you think that leaves a virus whose droplet evaporates? Droplets that are tens of microns (tens of thousands of nanometers) in diameter take seconds to evaporate.

You obviously didn't think this through ... because someone else is doing your thinking for you and telling you what stupid things to say.

Try thinking for yourself.

14-11-2020 20:23
(5193)
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

It is interesting to wonder why the viruses collected from the free troposhere were usually found bound to soil-dust or marine organic aggregates.

As mentioned, viruses are subject to gravity, which seems like a key point. Seems like the point of that is to bind to things to help them fall down to earth.

It is also interesting to wonder how so many viruses get deposited into the free troposphere.

I'm not sure what causes or attracts viruses to bind to soil-dust or marine organic aggregates. Maybe the great knowing IBdaMann can enlighten us with one of his unhinged rants. Also, where was it said viruses stop water from evaporating???

Viruses are very minimal, just enough to exist, and reproduce, if they happen to land on a suitable host. There is likely something to the outer structure, which tends to 'stick' to some surfaces, possible hosts. All a virus really does, is infect a cell, insert the RNA it carries, to make copies of itself, which get expelled by the host, as it's immune system fights off the infection. Each copy doesn't always find a host, but that's okay, because there are a lot of them, per each cell infected. The copies aren't always perfect either.

Aggressive viruses, that aren't really selective, about which types of cells, it can infect, tend to kill the host, and don't get to make a lot of copies, or get spread too far. Mild, respiratory infections do little harm to the host, don't kill that many, a spread quickly. Covid is extremely mild, and spreads easy, but does little damage to the hosts. Almost all the covid fatalities, had other, more serious medical issues, long before covid was a pandemic. Doctors, health experts, even the people with these chronic conditions, already knew they were at high-risk of dying, if they caught a respiratory infection. Covid is being used as a learning experience. Tend to believe the daily data released publicly, are deliberately misleading, to compel some compliance. Covid isn't any worse than our other seasonal viruses, but it going to show how well we can respond, and recover, the economic impacts. The government can afford to totally screw up, play around with this one. We may not get that option with the next one.
14-11-2020 20:34
(1639)
IBdaMann wrote:

Yes, specifically a 120-nanometer diameter virus which is far smaller than the 3,000+ nanometer holes in facemasks.

Spongy Iris wrote:It is interesting to wonder why the viruses collected from the free troposhere were usually found bound to soil-dust or marine organic aggregates.

It's funny that you believe they were ever "bound" to anything. The appropriate word is the preposition "on."

Spongy Iris wrote:As mentioned, viruses are subject to gravity, which seems like a key point. Seems like the point of that is to bind to things to help them fall down to earth.

Nope. They float in the air on their own and settle onto whatever is below them per gravity. There is no "binding" although it is possible for a virus to adhese to something just as no virus is ever obligated to adhese to anything.

Spongy Iris wrote:It is also interesting to wonder how so many viruses get deposited into the free troposphere.

Spongy Iris wrote:Also, where was it said viruses stop water from evaporating???

You implied it when you said that viruses are in moisture/droplets and not floating freely in the air. That only makes sense if you are assuming that water never evaporates. If you acknowledge that water evaporates, where do you think that leaves a virus whose droplet evaporates? Droplets that are tens of microns (tens of thousands of nanometers) in diameter take seconds to evaporate.

You obviously didn't think this through ... because someone else is doing your thinking for you and telling you what stupid things to say.

Talk about an over zealous attack based on silly word games.

"Viruses and bacteria are usually not air-dispersed as free particles, but are attached to soil-dust or marine organic aggregates."

That's what the study found. And viruses and bacteria were found to stick to these things.

Marine organic aggregates do not necessarily imply evaporated water.
14-11-2020 20:58
(1639)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Viruses are very minimal, just enough to exist, and reproduce, if they happen to land on a suitable host. There is likely something to the outer structure, which tends to 'stick' to some surfaces, possible hosts. All a virus really does, is infect a cell, insert the RNA it carries, to make copies of itself, which get expelled by the host, as it's immune system fights off the infection. Each copy doesn't always find a host, but that's okay, because there are a lot of them, per each cell infected. The copies aren't always perfect either.

Aggressive viruses, that aren't really selective, about which types of cells, it can infect, tend to kill the host, and don't get to make a lot of copies, or get spread too far. Mild, respiratory infections do little harm to the host, don't kill that many, a spread quickly. Covid is extremely mild, and spreads easy, but does little damage to the hosts. Almost all the covid fatalities, had other, more serious medical issues, long before covid was a pandemic. Doctors, health experts, even the people with these chronic conditions, already knew they were at high-risk of dying, if they caught a respiratory infection. Covid is being used as a learning experience. Tend to believe the daily data released publicly, are deliberately misleading, to compel some compliance. Covid isn't any worse than our other seasonal viruses, but it going to show how well we can respond, and recover, the economic impacts. The government can afford to totally screw up, play around with this one. We may not get that option with the next one.

I wouldn't say viruses are minimal Harvey...

The study estimated 1000000000000000000000000000000 viruses just over the oceans.

"To avoid aerosol deposition from the part of the troposphere directly influenced by the Earth's surface (i.e., local sources of aerosol), both collectors were installed in the Sierra Nevada Mountains (Spain) on a concrete platform above the atmospheric boundary layer. In this area, the boundary layer is located at 1.7 ± 0.5 km above sea level (asl) and discriminates between the local (below this layer) and the long-range (above this layer) transported aerosol. One collector was placed at the Astrophysics Observatory of Sierra Nevada (OSN site, coordinates 37°03′N, 3°23′W) at 2.9 km asl during the snow-free periods of 2007 and 2008. The second collector was located near Veleta Peak (VSN site, 37°17′N, 3°11′W) at ca. 3 km asl during the snow-free period of 2008"

How do you think so many viruses got so high in the atmosphere?
15-11-2020 01:18
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
Spongy Iris wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
I disagree.Hudson bay has frozen to Ontario the last 2 years and bears were observed out on the ice.It has started to freeze over again according to Canada Ice.NASA have reported the ice is late and the bears will suffer however the people looking at it say its all good.Totally opposite opinions.NOAA have admitted there is more ice in Antartica.It is just not going your way and in 20 years it will still be fluctuating as it does.There is no sea level rise and the planet is not warming.The AGW/CC movement is losing traction due to the evidence it is not happening.A recent phenomena is how items are reported.You can get famous reporting disaster but less likely with good news.I even found a website on the techniques used to impend the doom.

Duncan, main argument I have relied on here to show warming of the north pole region is declining sea ice extent in Arctic. It is a pretty clear indication.

It's not declining.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
15-11-2020 01:20
(21559)
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Obviously a lie

Did you know that water, while it can melt at times, can also freeze at other times? There is no "crisis", nor any cause of concern, regarding ice at the North Pole...

Words (and their meanings) matter. It's how we meaningfully communicate with one another.

Spongy Iris wrote:
You should know I'm talking about significant overall declines in the past 30 years at least.

Here, you are using a subjective word ("significant"). You would need to quantify what you mean by that...

Then, you speak of "overall declines"... Declines of what? The volume of ice? The surface area of ice? How has this been measured?

Then, you speak of "the past 30 years at least"... Why is THAT time frame more significant than any other time frame??

Spongy Iris wrote:

Is water re-freezing again a pretty clear indication of COOLING at the North Pole?? I don't get what the big deal is...

Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:
because the data observed isn't an absolute measurement of the entire world temperatures, demanding the impossible.

We're not talking about the entire world here... We're talking about the North Pole. We don't have enough thermometers at the North Pole to know what the temperature of it is... We also don't know the volume of the ice that is there... You're just making schiff up in order to fear monger, as all the other warmizombies do...

Arctic sea ice reaches its minimum each September. September Arctic sea ice is now declining at a rate of 13.1 percent per decade, relative to the 1981 to 2010 average. This graph shows the average monthly Arctic sea ice extent each September since 1979, derived from satellite observations.

The animated time series below shows the annual Arctic sea ice minimum since 1979, based on satellite observations. The 2012 sea ice extent is the lowest in the satellite record.

Is this what causes people with no symptoms, to spread covid to the mask-wearing, basement-dwellers? Or did you post the ice melt crap in the wrong thread?

Why are you pivoting? That's a fallacy.
Spongy Iris wrote:
I said masks might retain some CO2, instead of it being dispersed in the atmosphere.

N95 Masks do not stop any gas or virus.
Spongy Iris wrote:

No gas or vapor is capable of warming the Earth. You can't create energy out of nothing.
Spongy Iris wrote:

It isn't.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
15-11-2020 01:24
(21559)
Spongy Iris wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

False authority fallacy. It is not possible to measure the total snow and ice in Greenland. The depth of the inland basin (where measured) has been thicker, not thinner.

The Parrot Killer

15-11-2020 01:30
(21559)
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

So? It is an airborne virus. Big deal.
Spongy Iris wrote:

But not always.
Spongy Iris wrote:

But not always.
Spongy Iris wrote:

No virus gets 'deposited' anywhere. They simply exist.
Spongy Iris wrote:

Your inference.

The Parrot Killer

15-11-2020 01:32
(21559)
Spongy Iris wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

"Viruses and bacteria are usually not air-dispersed as free particles, but are attached to soil-dust or marine organic aggregates."

That's what the study found. And viruses and bacteria were found to stick to these things.

Some do. Compositional error fallacy. Not all viruses are the same. Not all bacteria are the same.

The Parrot Killer

15-11-2020 01:33
(21559)
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

The study estimated 1000000000000000000000000000000 viruses just over the oceans.

"To avoid aerosol deposition from the part of the troposphere directly influenced by the Earth's surface (i.e., local sources of aerosol), both collectors were installed in the Sierra Nevada Mountains (Spain) on a concrete platform above the atmospheric boundary layer. In this area, the boundary layer is located at 1.7 ± 0.5 km above sea level (asl) and discriminates between the local (below this layer) and the long-range (above this layer) transported aerosol. One collector was placed at the Astrophysics Observatory of Sierra Nevada (OSN site, coordinates 37°03′N, 3°23′W) at 2.9 km asl during the snow-free periods of 2007 and 2008. The second collector was located near Veleta Peak (VSN site, 37°17′N, 3°11′W) at ca. 3 km asl during the snow-free period of 2008"

Wind. Convection. Meh.

The Parrot Killer

15-11-2020 02:17
(5193)
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Minimal, as in the least amount of parts, to be functional (survive/replicate). They rely on a host, for all the functions associated with life.
17-11-2020 20:09
(1639)
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Obviously a lie

Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

No gas or vapor is capable of warming the Earth. You can't create energy out of nothing.
Spongy Iris wrote:

It isn't.

It's not a fallacy just to change the subject.

N95 masks are designed with larger breathing holes that allow gas to freely pass, but stop larger particulates like smoke.

Surgical masks do not have these same breathing holes.
You have to breath through the fabric. Since +50 surgeons operating wearing masks 4 hours did experience a slight reduction in blood oxygen saturation, in a study done with oximeters, it thus seems SOME gas, perhaps CO2, does stick to a surgical mask, and it doesn't ALL pass through the fabric.

If the atmosphere is getting more dense, there should be more molecular collisions, and that would mean more heat.
17-11-2020 20:11
(1639)
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

But not always.
Spongy Iris wrote:

But not always.
Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

Your inference.

The study referenced seems to be a study of airborne viruses, like SARS COV 2.
17-11-2020 20:22
(1639)
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Some do. Compositional error fallacy. Not all viruses are the same. Not all bacteria are the same.

A virus like HIV is not airborne. It doesn't spread as fast. People have to exchange blood or have sex.

A virus like SARS COV 2 is airborne. Spreads fast. Not sure how SARS COV 2 viruses replicate after they stick to dust in the air...
17-11-2020 20:28
(1639)
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Wind. Convection. Meh.

Interesting theory... So do you think an airborne virus can replicate itself when it sticks to a piece of dust in the air?
17-11-2020 20:31
(1639)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Minimal, as in the least amount of parts, to be functional (survive/replicate). They rely on a host, for all the functions associated with life.

An individual virus does not grow. I don't think a virus is alive, do you?

Again, same question I asked The Parrot, do you think an airborne virus can replicate itself by sticking to dust in the air?
17-11-2020 22:01
(21559)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Obviously a lie

Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

It isn't.

It's not a fallacy just to change the subject.

It is when you making false comparisons as a result of it, which is what you did.
Spongy Iris wrote:
N95 masks are designed with larger breathing holes that allow gas to freely pass, but stop larger particulates like smoke.

They don't get any smaller. N95 masks do not stop a virus or a gas.
Spongy Iris wrote:
Surgical masks do not have these same breathing holes.

They are N95 masks. No difference.
Spongy Iris wrote:
You have to breath through the fabric.

Paper pulp, actually. A felt, not a weave. Woven fabrics are even worse.
Spongy Iris wrote:
Since +50 surgeons operating wearing masks 4 hours did experience a slight reduction in blood oxygen saturation, in a study done with oximeters, it thus seems SOME gas, perhaps CO2, does stick to a surgical mask, and it doesn't ALL pass through the fabric.

Masks do not stop a gas. Masks do not stop a virus.
Spongy Iris wrote:
If the atmosphere is getting more dense, there should be more molecular collisions, and that would mean more heat.

Heat is not molecular collisions or thermal energy. Molecular collisions are not heat or thermal energy either. Temperature is not a total amount of thermal energy.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 17-11-2020 22:02
17-11-2020 22:04
(21559)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

But not always.
Spongy Iris wrote:

But not always.
Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

Your inference.

The study referenced seems to be a study of airborne viruses, like SARS COV 2.

I didn't reference a study. Science is not a study, paper, book, magazine, website, university, or government agency. It is not a license, certification, or degree. It is not data or observations. Science is just a set of falsifiable theories. It does not use any supporting evidence.

The Parrot Killer

17-11-2020 22:06
(21559)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

A virus like HIV is not airborne. It doesn't spread as fast. People have to exchange blood or have sex.

Strawman fallacy. Compositional error fallacy.
Spongy Iris wrote:
A virus like SARS COV 2 is airborne. Spreads fast. Not sure how SARS COV 2 viruses replicate after they stick to dust in the air...

No virus can replicate by itself. It is necessarily stuck to dust in the air.

The Parrot Killer

17-11-2020 22:07
(21559)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Wind. Convection. Meh.

Interesting theory... So do you think an airborne virus can replicate itself when it sticks to a piece of dust in the air?

No. No virus can replicate by itself.

The Parrot Killer

17-11-2020 22:08
(21559)
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

It can be argued that a virus is not alive, maintaining that the definition of life is something that can reproduce itself as one of the predicates.
Spongy Iris wrote:
Again, same question I asked The Parrot, do you think an airborne virus can replicate itself by sticking to dust in the air?

A virus cannot replicate itself in the air.

The Parrot Killer

17-11-2020 23:05
(1639)
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Strawman fallacy. Compositional error fallacy.
Spongy Iris wrote:

No virus can replicate by itself. It is necessarily stuck to dust in the air.

Over zealous fallacy labeler.

Here is The Parrot's bible which he worships like a zealot

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies
Edited on 17-11-2020 23:06
17-11-2020 23:12
(1639)
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

It can be argued that a virus is not alive, maintaining that the definition of life is something that can reproduce itself as one of the predicates.
Spongy Iris wrote:

How about if it's sticking to a piece of dust? Can it replicate itself on the dust?

You'd think it would have to be doing that, for so many billions and billions of viruses to be found stuck to dust particles in remote areas at the top of a mountain. You wouldn't think you'd find a lot of hosts to infect in such a locale.
18-11-2020 00:34
(5193)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

How about if it's sticking to a piece of dust? Can it replicate itself on the dust?

You'd think it would have to be doing that, for so many billions and billions of viruses to be found stuck to dust particles in remote areas at the top of a mountain. You wouldn't think you'd find a lot of hosts to infect in such a locale.

Sounds like a study straight out of The Norwegian Zone. How exactly did the observe/count these dust particle viruses? Were these viruses trapped in Libyan desert glass?
18-11-2020 00:54
(1639)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

Sounds like a study straight out of The Norwegian Zone. How exactly did the observe/count these dust particle viruses? Were these viruses trapped in Libyan desert glass?

You guys are obsessed with Norway!

The link to the study is provided below if you're interested.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41396-017-0042-4
18-11-2020 01:59
(21559)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Over zealous fallacy labeler.

Here is The Parrot's bible which he worships like a zealot

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

Nope. I do not use Wikipedia for anything. This list of fallacies is incomplete and some of them are badly worded.

The Parrot Killer

18-11-2020 02:02
(21559)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

No. RQAA.
Spongy Iris wrote:

There are critters that live on mountains. Not a lot, of course, but they are there.
Man has climbed many a mountain, but of course he's only a visitor there.

The Parrot Killer

18-11-2020 02:03
(21559)
Spongy Iris wrote:
You guys are obsessed with Norway!

No, James is obsessed with Norway. We just make fun of it.

The Parrot Killer

Page 2 of 2<12

Join the debate Asymptomatic, The Phantom Spreaders:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact