Remember me
▼ Content

artificial intelligence

Page 1 of 3123>
artificial intelligence30-05-2023 18:43
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
I just listened to several internet discussions of ai. The most interesting thing i learned is that ai learns from people on the internet (among other sources). That means it learns from people like the people on climate debate.com. And then takes on our characteristics. Does anybody here think that is a scary prospect?
30-05-2023 20:12
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5712)
keepit wrote:
I just listened to several internet discussions of ai. The most interesting thing i learned is that ai learns from people on the internet (among other sources). That means it learns from people like the people on climate debate.com. And then takes on our characteristics. Does anybody here think that is a scary prospect?

There is only one Swan, aintz no compooper gunna bee az gweat az mee

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
30-05-2023 21:04
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
keepit wrote:
I just listened to several internet discussions of ai. The most interesting thing i learned is that ai learns from people on the internet (among other sources).

It's a scary prospect that you believe everything that you read on the internet. You read something on the internet, you assume that it is true and you claim that it is something that you learned.

The only exception to this is when someone tries to give you correct information on the internet. Then you reject it outright.

How did these discussions explain how software manages to perform actions for which it is not programmed? If I program software to compute a hypotenuse from the other two legs, how can it perform banking transactions? How can it begin listening to discussions?
30-05-2023 21:55
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
keepit wrote:

No. Just don't expect much from AI.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
30-05-2023 22:11
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5712)
Into the Night wrote:
keepit wrote:

Ai is already more intelligent than you. On the flip side if it watches you it will not be able to pick its nose then eat the boogers

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

30-05-2023 22:33
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
keepit wrote:

The programmer 'trains' the AI, which is basically feeding it a data set. The programmer sets some rules, that instructs the AI on how to interpret the data, and what it suppose to do with it.

Suppose the task you want done, is to detect humans in an image/video. The data would be thousands of images of humans. You need to include different sizes, angles, races, clothing, bare. To help speed it up, and reduce the data, you would set rules, to only include certain characteristics, not the whole body all at once. Since, only parts are going to be visible. most of the time. The AI will sort through those thousands of images, pull out the parts you defined as representative characteristics. Once trained, you'll test it on new images, some with humans, some similar, like Swan... And see if it correctly identifies which images have humans in them, and which don't. Don't like the results, you change the rules, or add more images to the data set. The AI can't self-learn. Possibly a programmer could train an AI, to train another AI, but it does think,so would be able to know if the results are acceptable, outside it's own programming...
31-05-2023 00:54
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5712)
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:

The programmer 'trains' the AI, which is basically feeding it a data set. The programmer sets some rules, that instructs the AI on how to interpret the data, and what it suppose to do with it.

Suppose the task you want done, is to detect humans in an image/video. The data would be thousands of images of humans. You need to include different sizes, angles, races, clothing, bare. To help speed it up, and reduce the data, you would set rules, to only include certain characteristics, not the whole body all at once. Since, only parts are going to be visible. most of the time. The AI will sort through those thousands of images, pull out the parts you defined as representative characteristics. Once trained, you'll test it on new images, some with humans, some similar, like Swan... And see if it correctly identifies which images have humans in them, and which don't. Don't like the results, you change the rules, or add more images to the data set. The AI can't self-learn. Possibly a programmer could train an AI, to train another AI, but it does think,so would be able to know if the results are acceptable, outside it's own programming...

LOL if the programmer needs to do all that, then the ai is worthless

ULTRA MAGA

31-05-2023 05:54
(21588)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
keepit wrote:

Ai ...
Mantra 1a.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
31-05-2023 05:54
(21588)
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:

No. It's worth is the data set.

The Parrot Killer

31-05-2023 07:21
(5196)
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:

Programming takes time, and a lot of work. It's no different than planting tomatoes. Do you just through them in the ground, and start making catsup, or what ever you do with them?
31-05-2023 12:46
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5712)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:

Programming takes time, and a lot of work. It's no different than planting tomatoes. Do you just through them in the ground, and start making catsup, or what ever you do with them?

Again if you need to tell the ai what to do, it is not intelligent as intelligence decides what to do on it's own. That is the nature of intelligence

ULTRA MAGA

31-05-2023 16:58
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
These are mostly backward looking discussions of ai. You ought to see demonstrations of ai.
31-05-2023 18:04
(5196)
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:

Again if you need to tell the ai what to do, it is not intelligent as intelligence decides what to do on it's own. That is the nature of intelligence

What part of 'artificial' do you not understand? It's a cheap imitation, using the inferior hardware, and our philosophical understanding of how thinking works. It's not perfect mimicry, just similar to what is believed to be thought.

It's just a different way to program computer. Humans are imperfect, so you should expect perfection from a computer, built and programmed by humans. Some humans are more defective than others. We all have flaws, which carries over into the work we do. Some humans have 'diseased' minds, and do bad things with the tools available to them... Regardless of whats done with AI, it's still humans creating them, and defining the tasks they perform. Sort of like the Apple operating system, that mines data of the users of Apple devices. You want to be 'cool', so you don't care that Apple is spying on you, and selling every detail of your life.

The host of this website, likely mines data here as well, worthless as it might be. But, who knows, maybe there is a market for stupidity...
31-05-2023 18:15
(14389)
keepit wrote: These are mostly backward looking discussions of ai.

You only consider science fiction as "forward looking."

keepit wrote: You ought to see demonstrations of ai.

All actual demonstrations of actual AI are exactly what I have described in detail.

What you are calling "demonstrations" are prepared/scripted performances that are pure science fiction and do not involve any actual AI.

Your commentary has become silly.
31-05-2023 20:00
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
So what would be the motivation for creating fake demonstrations? Evidence?
31-05-2023 22:16
(5196)
keepit wrote:

To sell a product or idea. People developing software like to get paid for their efforts. Researchers like grant money they can piss away. There are 'free' version of several AIs you can play with. Then there are paid subscriptions to a better version, or more options. Pretty much like any kind of software. The demonstration may not be entirely fake, but the very best they could get out of it. Most people won't achieve the same quality.
31-05-2023 22:24
(21588)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:

LOL...

Programming ...
Mantras 40a.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 31-05-2023 22:26
31-05-2023 22:25
(21588)
keepit wrote:

Grant money.

The Parrot Killer

31-05-2023 23:56
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
I gotta agree with you that people would fake it for grant money but grant money isn't so easy to get. Generally speaking it takes a track record but, true, the track record can change in a person's lifetime.
Still, it sounds like you're just speculating.
01-06-2023 00:17
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
itn,
Time and again on this website i've listened to you deny the validity of various experts. Time and again!!! Most of the time i don't have direct evidence of whether you're right or wrong, but sometimes i do, and based on direct evidence, (the few times i've had direct evidence), you've been dead wrong.
So your credibility isn't so good.

Suggestion: Listen to a few of the demonstrations and decide for your self if you are listening to human programming or original thought by the robot. Turing test!

Much of what these robots say does sound like human programming but occasionally they some thing that hits you like a gut punch that it isn't human programming.
Edited on 01-06-2023 00:23
01-06-2023 01:15
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5712)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:

What part of 'artificial' do you not understand? It's a cheap imitation, using the inferior hardware, and our philosophical understanding of how thinking works. It's not perfect mimicry, just similar to what is believed to be thought.

It's just a different way to program computer. Humans are imperfect, so you should expect perfection from a computer, built and programmed by humans. Some humans are more defective than others. We all have flaws, which carries over into the work we do. Some humans have 'diseased' minds, and do bad things with the tools available to them... Regardless of whats done with AI, it's still humans creating them, and defining the tasks they perform. Sort of like the Apple operating system, that mines data of the users of Apple devices. You want to be 'cool', so you don't care that Apple is spying on you, and selling every detail of your life.

The host of this website, likely mines data here as well, worthless as it might be. But, who knows, maybe there is a market for stupidity...

There will be self-aware ai eventually, and in fact it may already exist in the black.

ULTRA MAGA

01-06-2023 02:30
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Suppose that it does exist in the black, as you say. Given that, why are ai experts quitting their jobs , calling for pauses, and halts? Why do they suddenly turn off a robot that says something that scares them?
01-06-2023 04:00
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5712)
keepit wrote:
Suppose that it does exist in the black, as you say. Given that, why are ai experts quitting their jobs , calling for pauses, and halts? Why do they suddenly turn off a robot that says something that scares them?

Same reason that congress just banned any ai connected to nuclear launches, which is that no one can predict what a self-aware and thus thinking program will be capable of doing, the worst of which would be a terminator type scenario. Elon Musk for instance will also have no power or bargaining chip to tell a computer program how to act, the results are 100 percent unpredictable

ULTRA MAGA

01-06-2023 04:49
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
It was Isaac Asimov who wrote all those robot books, not Robert Heinlein.
There's an incredible amount of ai stuff on the internet and on the news media all of a sudden.
Edited on 01-06-2023 04:51
01-06-2023 20:10
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
350 top ai experts warn of risk of extinction from ai development.
On the other hand, gifted robots could greatly expedite the development on mars before humans arrive.
01-06-2023 21:10
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5712)
keepit wrote:
On the other hand, gifted robots could greatly expedite the development on mars before humans arrive.

LOL exactly how would a robot as you like to call them, get to Mars without the help of humans?

ULTRA MAGA

01-06-2023 22:03
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Well, i guess they'd need human assistance with spaceship construction etc.
02-06-2023 03:31
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5712)
keepit wrote:
Well, i guess they'd need human assistance with spaceship construction etc.

Why can't the ai build its own stuff

ULTRA MAGA

02-06-2023 03:50
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
I'm not sure but i don't think have have the dexterity that humans have.
02-06-2023 04:00
(21588)
keepit wrote:
I gotta agree with you that people would fake it for grant money but grant money isn't so easy to get.
It's easy to get. Just be politically correct.
keepit wrote:
Generally speaking it takes a track record but, true, the track record can change in a person's lifetime.
No track record needed. Just be politically correct.
keepit wrote:
Still, it sounds like you're just speculating.

Nope. Grant offices are on every campus. It's run by the government.

The Parrot Killer

02-06-2023 04:04
(21588)
keepit wrote:
itn,
Time and again on this website i've listened to you deny the validity of various experts.

I don't worship 'experts' like you do. Void reference fallacy.
keepit wrote:
Time and again!!! Most of the time i don't have direct evidence of whether you're right or wrong, but sometimes i do, and based on direct evidence, (the few times i've had direct evidence), you've been dead wrong.
So your credibility isn't so good.

I don't give a damn what you think I'm 'credible' or not. You don't get to speak for anyone but yourself. Omniscience fallacy. Void argument fallacy.
keepit wrote:
Suggestion: Listen to a few of the demonstrations and decide for your self if you are listening to human programming or original thought by the robot. Turing test!

Robots don't have original thoughts, since robots cannot think.
keepit wrote:
Much of what these robots say does sound like human programming but occasionally they some thing that hits you like a gut punch that it isn't human programming.

Robots cannot think. They only do what you tell them to do.

The Parrot Killer

02-06-2023 04:04
(21588)
Swan wrote:
There will be self-aware ai eventually, and in fact it may already exist in the black.

Define 'self-aware AI'.

The Parrot Killer

02-06-2023 04:08
(21588)
Swan wrote:
keepit wrote:

Same reason that congress just banned any ai connected to nuclear launches,

They didn't just ban it. You are thinking of 50 years ago.
Swan wrote:
which is that no one can predict what a self-aware and thus thinking program will be capable of doing,

Define 'self aware AI'.
Swan wrote:
the worst of which would be a terminator type scenario.

No time travel. You really should stop believing the movies are reality.
Swan wrote:
Elon Musk for instance will also have no power or bargaining chip to tell a computer program how to act, the results are 100 percent unpredictable

Computer programs only do what the programmers tell them to do.

The Parrot Killer

02-06-2023 04:09
(21588)
keepit wrote:

Void reference fallacy. There's your 'expert' worship again. What 'development' are you envisioning?

The Parrot Killer

02-06-2023 04:11
(21588)
keepit wrote:

So a robot is clumsy?? Are you aware that robots routinely mount very precisely ball mount chips and other electronic components?

Robots routinely handle eggs as well, checking them for quality and cleaning and packaging them.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 02-06-2023 04:12
02-06-2023 05:30
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
itn,
You argue about everything with these half baked arguments and slogans. They aren't convincing except maybe to you. You sound like a programmed cult member.
And by the way, i've seen demonstrations of robots' dexterity and they don't look very dextrous to me. They can be very precise in their movements yes, but they don't seem to have as complete a range of movement as humans...yet!
02-06-2023 08:16
(5196)
keepit wrote:

I don't think you know what you are talking about. Robots aren't confined to human physiology, or range of motion. Robots can move in ways no human ever could. Not sure why some researcher are interested in humanoid, or any robot that imitates any live critter. The added mechanical complexity takes away from functionality. Most of those stylized robots are tethered, since adding power source and computer adds weight, and needs compensations for balance.

Function should dictate the form. Robots aren't biological, and unlikely to be as versatile.
02-06-2023 15:03
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5712)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
keepit wrote:

Same reason that congress just banned any ai connected to nuclear launches,

They didn't just ban it. You are thinking of 50 years ago.
Swan wrote:
which is that no one can predict what a self-aware and thus thinking program will be capable of doing,

Define 'self aware AI'.
Swan wrote:
the worst of which would be a terminator type scenario.

No time travel. You really should stop believing the movies are reality.
Swan wrote:
Elon Musk for instance will also have no power or bargaining chip to tell a computer program how to act, the results are 100 percent unpredictable

Computer programs only do what the programmers tell them to do.

Actually congress banned ai from launching nukes in April of 2023, which might be a long time ago if you are a butterfly that lives 2 weeks

Now stop spamming silly

ULTRA MAGA

02-06-2023 17:40
(14389)
keepit wrote:itn, You argue about everything with these half baked arguments and slogans.

It would seem that you are dismissive of every rebuttal that shoots down your claims ... which is easy to do since all of your claims are wrong.

Instead of dismissing rebuttals, perhaps you should consider improving your claims. Otherwise, you have no credibility. You cite unnamed "experts" as you proceed to think exactly as you are ordered.

You still have never answered my question which debunks everything you've ever whined about on this topic: How does software acquire a will?

Can a painting or a statue acquire a will? Can a wire with electrical current become self aware?

Answer the question(s).

keepit wrote: And by the way, i've seen demonstrations of [clumsy, cheap] robots' dexterity and they don't look very dextrous to me.

Are you claiming that you have seen demonstrations of all robors? If not, your statement above is really stupid. Are you really stupid, keepit? Explain your comment, keepit.

keepit wrote: They can be very precise in their movements yes, but they don't seem to have as complete a range of movement as humans...yet!

Do humans have a complete range of movement? Why do we even need cherry-pickers? Why do we even have tools? Why do we even have public transportation? Why do we have cranes? Why do we have parachutes? why do we manufacture swimming fins ... and what's with that scuba equipment?

Is a humans range of motion as complete as a chimp's? How about of a dolphin's?
02-06-2023 18:55
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
As usual, just a bunch of argumentative crap ibd.

I'll just pick out one of the many things you said. For example you changed the wording of my statement from "as complete a range of motion as humans" to something about humans having a complete range of motion. I didn't say humans have a complete range of motion.
This is just a single example of a large range of bs that you produce. It ruins your credibility when you do that stuff.

Here's a laughable claim you just made -"all of your claims are wrong".
You have no credibility.

Go ahead, tell me some claims that i've made that are wrong! I try to be very careful in my claims and my wording.
Edited on 02-06-2023 19:19
Page 1 of 3123>

Join the debate artificial intelligence:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Climate Intelligence Foundation (Clintel)102-09-2023 23:15
The Next Big Money Evolution Will Be Printing International Money Via Human Intelligence013-08-2022 06:17
Intelligence Committee members warn US of bioweapons targeting DNA of individual Americans024-07-2022 15:05
The Failure Of Globalism Group & Many Secret Intelligence Agencies Are Killing The People122-07-2021 06:12
All Intelligence Agencies, Secret Societies Groups Will Never Able To Find The Savior Messiah Buddha Unle018-06-2021 13:36
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact