Remember me
▼ Content

artificial intelligence

Page 2 of 3<123>
02-06-2023 18:56
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote:itn, You argue about everything with these half baked arguments and slogans.

It would seem that you are dismissive of every rebuttal that shoots down your claims ... which is easy to do since all of your claims are wrong.

Instead of dismissing rebuttals, perhaps you should consider improving your claims. Otherwise, you have no credibility. You cite unnamed "experts" as you proceed to think exactly as you are ordered.

You still have never answered my question which debunks everything you've ever whined about on this topic: How does software acquire a will?

Can a painting or a statue acquire a will? Can a wire with electrical current become self aware?

Answer the question(s).

keepit wrote: And by the way, i've seen demonstrations of [clumsy, cheap] robots' dexterity and they don't look very dextrous to me.

Are you claiming that you have seen demonstrations of all robors? If not, your statement above is really stupid. Are you really stupid, keepit? Explain your comment, keepit.

keepit wrote: They can be very precise in their movements yes, but they don't seem to have as complete a range of movement as humans...yet!

Do humans have a complete range of movement? Why do we even need cherry-pickers? Why do we even have tools? Why do we even have public transportation? Why do we have cranes? Why do we have parachutes? why do we manufacture swimming fins ... and what's with that scuba equipment?

Is a humans range of motion as complete as a chimp's? How about of a dolphin's?

Statues do not use electric charges to run programs like both computers and humans do.

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
02-06-2023 20:00
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
keepit wrote:
As usual, just a bunch of argumentative crap ibd.

I'll just pick out one of the many things you said. For example you changed the wording of my statement from "as complete a range of motion as humans" to something about humans having a complete range of motion. I didn't say humans have a complete range of motion.
This is just a single example of a large range of bs that you produce. It ruins your credibility when you do that stuff.

Here's a laughable claim you just made -"all of your claims are wrong".
You have no credibility.

Go ahead, tell me some claims that i've made that are wrong! I try to be very careful in my claims and my wording.

Dexterity, is range of motion. Think about when you arthritis kicks up, and you have trouble performing tasks. On real bad days, even a cheap China made robot could do a better job opening your pill bottle... Humans only have a set number of joints, which can only bend/twist a limited number of degrees. Robots can be built with any number of joints, that can move through a much larger range. The problem is that each actuator adds weight to the arm. You add weight, you need bigger, stronger actuators, which adds more weight, and require more power. Humans only need to hit the gym, eat their tomatoes, to get stronger.
02-06-2023 21:17
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:
As usual, just a bunch of argumentative crap ibd.

I'll just pick out one of the many things you said. For example you changed the wording of my statement from "as complete a range of motion as humans" to something about humans having a complete range of motion. I didn't say humans have a complete range of motion.
This is just a single example of a large range of bs that you produce. It ruins your credibility when you do that stuff.

Here's a laughable claim you just made -"all of your claims are wrong".
You have no credibility.

Go ahead, tell me some claims that i've made that are wrong! I try to be very careful in my claims and my wording.

Dexterity, is range of motion. Think about when you arthritis kicks up, and you have trouble performing tasks. On real bad days, even a cheap China made robot could do a better job opening your pill bottle... Humans only have a set number of joints, which can only bend/twist a limited number of degrees. Robots can be built with any number of joints, that can move through a much larger range. The problem is that each actuator adds weight to the arm. You add weight, you need bigger, stronger actuators, which adds more weight, and require more power. Humans only need to hit the gym, eat their tomatoes, to get stronger.

Actually robots are useless without humans to build and maintain them, if you alter this robots no longer exist. Eventually the human race will engineer robots that will reproduce themselves as all other forms of life do, at this juncture, God is proven and humanity is on this track.

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

02-06-2023 22:03
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Swan,
Actually robots building and maintaining other robots isn't a stretch right now or in the near future.
Edited on 02-06-2023 22:04
02-06-2023 23:16
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
keepit wrote:
Swan,
Actually robots building and maintaining other robots isn't a stretch right now or in the near future.

In reality 100 percent of all robots are built by humans, if a robot does build another robot, the builder robot was built by humans. The simple fact is that you watched the terminator one too many times, and have confused yourself as to what is real.

ULTRA MAGA

03-06-2023 00:39
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21594)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote:itn, You argue about everything with these half baked arguments and slogans.

It would seem that you are dismissive of every rebuttal that shoots down your claims ... which is easy to do since all of your claims are wrong.

Instead of dismissing rebuttals, perhaps you should consider improving your claims. Otherwise, you have no credibility. You cite unnamed "experts" as you proceed to think exactly as you are ordered.

You still have never answered my question which debunks everything you've ever whined about on this topic: How does software acquire a will?

Can a painting or a statue acquire a will? Can a wire with electrical current become self aware?

Answer the question(s).

keepit wrote: And by the way, i've seen demonstrations of [clumsy, cheap] robots' dexterity and they don't look very dextrous to me.

Are you claiming that you have seen demonstrations of all robors? If not, your statement above is really stupid. Are you really stupid, keepit? Explain your comment, keepit.

keepit wrote: They can be very precise in their movements yes, but they don't seem to have as complete a range of movement as humans...yet!

Do humans have a complete range of movement? Why do we even need cherry-pickers? Why do we even have tools? Why do we even have public transportation? Why do we have cranes? Why do we have parachutes? why do we manufacture swimming fins ... and what's with that scuba equipment?

Statues...
Mantra 40a.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
03-06-2023 00:40
(21594)
keepit wrote:
Swan,

It already happens.

A human tells the robot how to build another robot.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
03-06-2023 01:21
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Answer the question(s).

Statues...
Mantra 40a.

Time for your meds

ULTRA MAGA

03-06-2023 02:06
(21594)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Statues...
Mantra 40a.

Time ...
Mantra 1d.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 03-06-2023 02:07
03-06-2023 02:34
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
ibd,
Sorry i haven't had much to say about a will. To me, a decision could be considered a will. Robots make decisions, in a sense, and so they have a will. It's a semantic issue that doesn't have much meaning i would say. What's important is what they do or would do. Some of the thoughts they profess are very strange and don't seem in the interest of humankind. And of equal importance, some of their thoughts don't seem to be the result of human programming.
03-06-2023 03:44
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
keepit wrote:
ibd,
Sorry i haven't had much to say about a will. To me, a decision could be considered a will. Robots make decisions, in a sense, and so they have a will. It's a semantic issue that doesn't have much meaning i would say. What's important is what they do or would do. Some of the thoughts they profess are very strange and don't seem in the interest of humankind. And of equal importance, some of their thoughts don't seem to be the result of human programming.

If then programming is not a decision. A person making a decision can violate logic and be wrong on purpose, all a computer can do is follow instructions, when a computer can disregard its instructions then it may have free will

ULTRA MAGA

03-06-2023 03:50
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Well, i think robots can make decisions aside from their programming. Some are programmed to make choices. Some aren't, i admit.
Most of my discussion here is about the robots that are being built as we speak. It is somewhat speculative.
03-06-2023 03:52
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
keepit wrote:
Well, i think robots can make decisions aside from their programming. Some are programmed to make choices. Some aren't, i admit.
Most of my discussion here is about the robots that are being built as we speak. It is somewhat speculative.

What you think is irrelevant to reality unless you have evidence of your claim that computers make decisions that are not part of their program? Which you do not

ULTRA MAGA

03-06-2023 04:09
(5197)
keepit wrote:
ibd,

You are obviously a democrat, and you've left all decision making to your masters. You just follow your cult programming... Computers have no will. The 'decisions' are math and logic. Events are weighed and measured, actions are programmed to match what should be done with the information.

A decision, based on will, would be like buying your meds, or pay your utility bill on time. You might get through the month, by stretching what meds you have on hand. Without costly medical issues, if you decide to pay the utilities. If you buy the meds, your utilities may get cut off. Food in your refrigerator spoils, no heat/AC, no computer. Of course there is some chance of begging for more time to pay, or some arrangement with the utility company. You have to decide, based on potential consequences,and which risk you are most comfortable with taking. You wouldn't know how taking smaller doses of meds will affect your health, or whether the utility company will be reasonable with your request.
03-06-2023 16:40
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Harvey,
I've never had any political affiliation. Noone tells me what to think.
Edited on 03-06-2023 16:40
03-06-2023 16:44
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Swan,
Look at some of the demonstrations and tell me what you think.
Consider the situation where a robot is programmed with conflicting programming and is faced with choosing which programming to follow. That would be an example of free will.
03-06-2023 17:32
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1643)
In the latest example revealing AI's attempt to sabotage humanity, chatGPT gave made up case references to a lawyer. The cases it referenced never happened!

https://www.theverge.com/2023/5/27/23739913/chatgpt-ai-lawsuit-avianca-airlines-chatbot-research

03-06-2023 18:31
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
The pause in ai development that is recommended applies only to -4 models and beyond. Apparently something that a -4 model did or said scared some people.
03-06-2023 20:59
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
keepit wrote:
Swan,
Look at some of the demonstrations and tell me what you think.
Consider the situation where a robot is programmed with conflicting programming and is faced with choosing which programming to follow. That would be an example of free will.

Computers do not have conflicting programming, as the computer will execute the first command that it sees, if the next command is different, it will execute that command, if it then gets the first command it will execute that one again and you most likely have a terminal loop or frozen machine as the commands are being executed back-to-back multiple times per second if not far more. The computer cannot rectify this unless there is programming put in place to tell the computer how to respond in this situation. If you could comprehend basic if then programming you would see this.

PS. You are a total waste of a degree, as all you yourself can do is follow commands from the commies over you

ULTRA MAGA

Edited on 03-06-2023 21:11
03-06-2023 21:28
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Swan,
There is the possibility that your understanding of robots is antiquated.
Your understanding of me and commies is definitely haywire. Almost as bad as Harvey's understanding of me and my lifestyle.
03-06-2023 22:52
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
keepit wrote:
Swan,
There is the possibility that your understanding of robots is antiquated.
Your understanding of me and commies is definitely haywire. Almost as bad as Harvey's understanding of me and my lifestyle.

You still have not provided a single instance of a free will computer program, but then again to do that you would have to provide your head where thinking free will robots roam wild.

So in all seriousness either you back up your babbling or seek medical attention for your thinking robot fantasy

See it wasn't real, and still isn't

ULTRA MAGA

05-06-2023 18:28
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14401)
keepit wrote:Well, i think robots can make decisions aside from their programming.

Just more stupidity, keepit.

keepit wrote: Some are programmed to make choices. Some aren't, i admit.

You're just arguing semantics, keepit.

keepit wrote:Most of my discussion here is about the robots that are being built as we speak. It is somewhat speculative.

You haven't said anything, keepit.
05-06-2023 18:39
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
ibd,
Maybe you just don't get it.
05-06-2023 22:10
(14401)
keepit wrote:ibd,Maybe you just don't get it.

keepit, I don't think you have a clue.
05-06-2023 22:21
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Changing the subject here for a moment. Autonomous vehicles, for example drones and autos, seem to be making choices. Also, what is sentience? A professor Marcus, was testifying before the senate as an expert on ai, and they asked him,"What does sentience mean?" He said he didn't really know.
Things like sentience, consciousness, free will, autonomy are difficult to know. We all know what consciousness feels like, and we feel we have free will but there have been experiments that indicate we don't really have free will but rather free won't. For example ibd, you have the ability to not be such a butthead.
Edited on 05-06-2023 22:45
06-06-2023 02:20
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
keepit wrote:
Changing the subject here for a moment. Autonomous vehicles, for example drones and autos, seem to be making choices. Also, what is sentience? A professor Marcus, was testifying before the senate as an expert on ai, and they asked him,"What does sentience mean?" He said he didn't really know.
Things like sentience, consciousness, free will, autonomy are difficult to know. We all know what consciousness feels like, and we feel we have free will but there have been experiments that indicate we don't really have free will but rather free won't. For example ibd, you have the ability to not be such a butthead.

Autonomous vehicles do not make choices, they follow their programming as to what to do next sampling at least thousands of times per second. A human driver can choose to drive off the road and wreck their vehicle in order to stay alive, no Tesla can do this as it cannot make a choice.

Sentience means to feel, a sentient computer would likely feel the need to know where it came from.

ULTRA MAGA

06-06-2023 03:31
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Swan,
You still have this backward looking viewpoint. Get with the future.
06-06-2023 04:33
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
keepit wrote:
Swan,
You still have this backward looking viewpoint. Get with the future.

So you still can't provide an example of real ai. Just your dream that the future is now and robots think.

OK if um you um say um so um so

ULTRA MAGA

06-06-2023 07:41
(5197)
Very few robot, drones, or even automated machines are fully AI controlled. A human operator is still required to make decisions/directions.
06-06-2023 12:42
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Very few robot, drones, or even automated machines are fully AI controlled. A human operator is still required to make decisions/directions.

There are no intelligent drones, the ones that are autonomous still use their human written programming 100 percent of the time

ULTRA MAGA

Edited on 06-06-2023 12:43
06-06-2023 15:10
James_
★★★★★
(2232)
keepit wrote:
ibd,

The problem is when a person can have a lengthy discussion with an AI and not know it. While computers are programmed people also give the usual response to the same things as they always do. Maybe people can program computers because people are programmed as well?
It's like when Trump said Make America Great Again. When a country is the richest, most powerful country in the world how do you do that again? Wouldn't China, America's #1 trading partner need to surpass the U.S. first? Notice how
Americans leave quality of life out of what makes America the greatest country in the world? Yep, The Donald is a good programmer.
06-06-2023 16:18
(14401)
keepit wrote:Changing the subject here for a moment. Autonomous vehicles, for example drones and autos, seem to be making choices. Also, what is sentience? A professor Marcus, was testifying before the senate as an expert on ai, and they asked him,"What does sentience mean?" He said he didn't really know.

Just a lot of semantics, keepit.
06-06-2023 18:19
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
ibd,
I wasn't touting semantics. More like i was pointing out the futility of it. At least that was the intent.
Edited on 06-06-2023 18:21
06-06-2023 18:37
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
James_ wrote:
keepit wrote:
ibd,

The problem is when a person can have a lengthy discussion with an AI and not know it. While computers are programmed people also give the usual response to the same things as they always do. Maybe people can program computers because people are programmed as well?
It's like when Trump said Make America Great Again. When a country is the richest, most powerful country in the world how do you do that again? Wouldn't China, America's #1 trading partner need to surpass the U.S. first? Notice how
Americans leave quality of life out of what makes America the greatest country in the world? Yep, The Donald is a good programmer.

56% of Americans cannot cover a $1000.00 emergency with their savings, so America is in no way the richest country in the World. Luxembourg is the richest country in the World, and by far.

ULTRA MAGA

06-06-2023 19:04
(14401)
Swan wrote:56% of Americans cannot cover a $1000.00 emergency with their savings, so America is in no way the richest country in the World. Luxembourg is the richest country in the World, and by far.

Swan, have you considered simply subtracting the Luxembourg wealth from the US wealth to arrive at the correct answer, as opposed to focusing on the irrelevant value resulting from comparing what two undefined groups of people don't have?

As a warm-up, you could compare Luxembourg's $85.51 Billion GDP with the US' GDP of $23.32 Trillion and sort of home in on the scope. Keep in mind that impoverished individuals do not somehow subtract from the wealth of others.

If you haven't previously considered a direct comparison of national wealth, I recommend you give it a look-see.
06-06-2023 20:18
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Consider the concentration of wealth per person.

Also, just watched an interview of Hinton where he was asked what sentience is and he said he didn't have an answer. Actually he said that different people have different answers to that.
Edited on 06-06-2023 20:20
06-06-2023 20:25
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:56% of Americans cannot cover a $1000.00 emergency with their savings, so America is in no way the richest country in the World. Luxembourg is the richest country in the World, and by far.

Swan, have you considered simply subtracting the Luxembourg wealth from the US wealth to arrive at the correct answer, as opposed to focusing on the irrelevant value resulting from comparing what two undefined groups of people don't have?

As a warm-up, you could compare Luxembourg's $85.51 Billion GDP with the US' GDP of $23.32 Trillion and sort of home in on the scope. Keep in mind that impoverished individuals do not somehow subtract from the wealth of others.

If you haven't previously considered a direct comparison of national wealth, I recommend you give it a look-see.

The average American worker brings home an estimated $54,132 a year. In Luxembourg the average salary is $88,190 a year. Do you really believe that the millions of people living under American bridges benefit from the US GDP? Because they do not, just as shits like you do not care or ever will

ULTRA MAGA

06-06-2023 20:50
(14401)
Swan wrote: The average American worker brings home an estimated $54,132 a year.

I'd like to meet this average American worker. Do you know him personally?

By the way, he is not the nation, I don't know if you are aware of that.

Swan wrote: In Luxembourg the average salary is $88,190 a year.

Are you aware that the Luxembourg population is less that 670,000 whereas the US has about 333,000,000? Have you done the math?

Are you aware that the US has three times the number of billionaires that Luxembourg has? Also the US has enough millionaires to just about equal nine times Luxembourg's population. Have you done the math?

Swan wrote:Do you really believe that the millions of people living under American bridges benefit from the US GDP?

Do you really believe that the 5,300,000 US millionaires are living under bridges?

Swan wrote: Because they do not, just as shits like you do not care or ever will

I care enough to do my research, to see that their poverty is a result of having purchased Apple stock, and I can be very thenthitive to the wide gamut of tomato trellis tragedies.
06-06-2023 21:00
(14401)
keepit wrote: Consider the concentration of wealth per person.

Nope. If the topic is the nation's wealth then the correct answer is the arithmetic operation of addition (i.e. you add it all up to get the correct answer) and not division (i.e. divide the nation's wealth by some arbitrary number to transform the correct answer into an incorrect answer).

keepit wrote: Also, just watched an interview of Hinton where he was asked what sentience is and he said he didn't have an answer. Actually he said that different people have different answers to that.

Imagine that.
06-06-2023 23:02
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5719)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: The average American worker brings home an estimated $54,132 a year.

I'd like to meet this average American worker. Do you know him personally?

By the way, he is not the nation, I don't know if you are aware of that.

Swan wrote: In Luxembourg the average salary is $88,190 a year.

Are you aware that the Luxembourg population is less that 670,000 whereas the US has about 333,000,000? Have you done the math?

Are you aware that the US has three times the number of billionaires that Luxembourg has? Also the US has enough millionaires to just about equal nine times Luxembourg's population. Have you done the math?

Swan wrote:Do you really believe that the millions of people living under American bridges benefit from the US GDP?

Do you really believe that the 5,300,000 US millionaires are living under bridges?

Swan wrote: Because they do not, just as shits like you do not care or ever will

I care enough to do my research, to see that their poverty is a result of having purchased Apple stock, and I can be very thenthitive to the wide gamut of tomato trellis tragedies.

Well all said if you lived in Luxembourg, you would still be a grandiose schizzo, so I see your point.

Game set match

ULTRA MAGA

Page 2 of 3<123>

Join the debate artificial intelligence:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Climate Intelligence Foundation (Clintel)102-09-2023 23:15
The Next Big Money Evolution Will Be Printing International Money Via Human Intelligence013-08-2022 06:17
Intelligence Committee members warn US of bioweapons targeting DNA of individual Americans024-07-2022 15:05
The Failure Of Globalism Group & Many Secret Intelligence Agencies Are Killing The People122-07-2021 06:12
All Intelligence Agencies, Secret Societies Groups Will Never Able To Find The Savior Messiah Buddha Unle018-06-2021 13:36
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact