Remember me
▼ Content

Are We on the Brink of a 'New Little Ice Age? Woods Hole Oceanographic



Page 3 of 4<1234>
15-02-2021 06:29
Spongy Iris
★★★☆☆
(585)
Hey Swan, When are you gonna sell Apple and Google? You probably shouldn't brag until you sell.


15-02-2021 06:33
James___
★★★★★
(4525)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Hey Swan, When are you gonna sell Apple and Google? You probably shouldn't brag until you sell.



Ever the voice of reason.
15-02-2021 06:50
James___
★★★★★
(4525)
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:


LOL you are pursuing science in schizzoville where idiots deny that an ice age happened



You obviously haven't read what I've posted. I can support both aboriginal/indigenous rights and science. I'm not pure.


If I shake your head will the beads rattle?



As a disabled Veteran who honorably served in the US Navy, can I have a life in your country? So far the answer has been no. Kind of why my interest in science.

For fun. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMS_n1l3Wxc

With your level of ignorance Swan, I have to ask, are you a Nazi or a white supremacist? I have to think you are. I have no tolerance for such people.
Edited on 15-02-2021 07:39
15-02-2021 09:22
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15565)
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:


LOL you are pursuing science in schizzoville where idiots deny that an ice age happened



You obviously haven't read what I've posted. I can support both aboriginal/indigenous rights and science. I'm not pure.


If I shake your head will the beads rattle?



As a disabled Veteran who honorably served in the US Navy, can I have a life in your country? So far the answer has been no. Kind of why my interest in science.

You can have any life you want to build for yourself, whiner.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
15-02-2021 10:31
SwanProfile picture★★★☆☆
(569)
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:


LOL you are pursuing science in schizzoville where idiots deny that an ice age happened



You obviously haven't read what I've posted. I can support both aboriginal/indigenous rights and science. I'm not pure.


If I shake your head will the beads rattle?


My father lived under the 3rd Reich. You make the same claims. Care to dance?
I don't care for Nazis. This just shows your ignorance. Can I salute you?
Heil Hitler!! Feel better? Then again, some of us know what to do with a Nazi. There's just no place for them in this world.

p.s., heil in Deutsche means healthy. But you know this, right?
p.s.s., do you like how my beads rattle Nazi? Heil Swan!


My father defeated the Nazis with his Marine corps buddies

But you keep pluggin doofy

Is that the best u got?
Edited on 15-02-2021 10:41
15-02-2021 15:53
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(9192)
Swan wrote:My father defeated the Nazis with his Marine corps buddies

LOL I heard. They maintained a tactical perimeter of Google shares in a daring GameStop offensive and prevailed by splitting the Apple stock down the middle.

Your safe space is a great source of stories.

Tell us the one about how joules and watts became the same thing when the earth was an ice ball. That one never gets old.


.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
15-02-2021 17:28
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15565)
Swan wrote:
My father defeated the Nazis with his Marine corps buddies


Marines had no significant contribution to the defeat of Germany. They were busy in the Pacific theater. A handful of them landed some time after the Normandy invasion, to assist in handling certain tasks such as mine clearing, but that's all.

The allies won WW2 in Europe when Hitler, seeing the Western front collapse (thanks, General Patton!), his industries largely destroyed by British and US aircraft (particularly damaging was a successful raid by the British against the dams above Germany's industrial section). and seeing the Russians marching into Berlin, shot himself in his own bunker.

So I don't believe you.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
15-02-2021 17:38
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(2107)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:My father defeated the Nazis with his Marine corps buddies

LOL I heard. They maintained a tactical perimeter of Google shares in a daring GameStop offensive and prevailed by splitting the Apple stock down the middle.

Your safe space is a great source of stories.

Tell us the one about how joules and watts became the same thing when the earth was an ice ball. That one never gets old.

.

... and whenever he tells us his story (that dates back 20,000 years for the "glacial maximum", and billions of years for Earth's existence), I can't help but to share with everyone the story about Earth only being 6,000 years old, just to stick it in Swan's face that his story is complete and utter hogwash under the parameters of my story, which leads him to foam at the mouth about how WACKY my story is (yet his fundamentalism blinds him from the fact that the logical basis for his story is no better or different than the logical basis for mine).

It entertains me greatly.
15-02-2021 18:00
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(9192)
gfm7175 wrote:I can't help but to share with everyone the story about Earth only being 6,000 years old, just to stick it in Swan's face that his story is complete and utter hogwash under the parameters of my story, which leads him to foam at the mouth about how WACKY my story is (yet his fundamentalism blinds him from the fact that the logical basis for his story is no better or different than the logical basis for mine).

It entertains me greatly.

Your story is less of a speculation (only 6,000 years ago) than is Swan's (20,000 years ago). Yours is clearly less than half as speculative, i.e. more than twice as "confirmed."

Are we in a glacial maximum right now? Texas is the standard, yes?


San Antonio @ 5 degrees F
.
Attached image:

15-02-2021 19:00
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3401)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:I can't help but to share with everyone the story about Earth only being 6,000 years old, just to stick it in Swan's face that his story is complete and utter hogwash under the parameters of my story, which leads him to foam at the mouth about how WACKY my story is (yet his fundamentalism blinds him from the fact that the logical basis for his story is no better or different than the logical basis for mine).

It entertains me greatly.

Your story is less of a speculation (only 6,000 years ago) than is Swan's (20,000 years ago). Yours is clearly less than half as speculative, i.e. more than twice as "confirmed."

Are we in a glacial maximum right now? Texas is the standard, yes?


San Antonio @ 5 degrees F
.


WTF?

It's 80 F, dry and sunny, nice day. Global Warming, sure is some messed up shit.

So, the average temperature today is 42.5 F? Hardly ever gets that cold here, at night...
15-02-2021 19:37
James___
★★★★★
(4525)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:I can't help but to share with everyone the story about Earth only being 6,000 years old, just to stick it in Swan's face that his story is complete and utter hogwash under the parameters of my story, which leads him to foam at the mouth about how WACKY my story is (yet his fundamentalism blinds him from the fact that the logical basis for his story is no better or different than the logical basis for mine).

It entertains me greatly.

Your story is less of a speculation (only 6,000 years ago) than is Swan's (20,000 years ago). Yours is clearly less than half as speculative, i.e. more than twice as "confirmed."

Are we in a glacial maximum right now? Texas is the standard, yes?


San Antonio @ 5 degrees F
.



20° F. Where I live so went for a walk.

Attached image:


Edited on 15-02-2021 19:37
15-02-2021 22:14
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(2107)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:I can't help but to share with everyone the story about Earth only being 6,000 years old, just to stick it in Swan's face that his story is complete and utter hogwash under the parameters of my story, which leads him to foam at the mouth about how WACKY my story is (yet his fundamentalism blinds him from the fact that the logical basis for his story is no better or different than the logical basis for mine).

It entertains me greatly.

Your story is less of a speculation (only 6,000 years ago) than is Swan's (20,000 years ago). Yours is clearly less than half as speculative, i.e. more than twice as "confirmed."

Are we in a glacial maximum right now? Texas is the standard, yes?


San Antonio @ 5 degrees F
.

Under the Texas standard, 5degF is a life altering "glacial maximum"... Under the Wisconsin standard, 5degF is a "typical Winter day". "Nothing to see here, folks!"

Edited on 15-02-2021 22:17
15-02-2021 22:24
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(2107)
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:I can't help but to share with everyone the story about Earth only being 6,000 years old, just to stick it in Swan's face that his story is complete and utter hogwash under the parameters of my story, which leads him to foam at the mouth about how WACKY my story is (yet his fundamentalism blinds him from the fact that the logical basis for his story is no better or different than the logical basis for mine).

It entertains me greatly.

Your story is less of a speculation (only 6,000 years ago) than is Swan's (20,000 years ago). Yours is clearly less than half as speculative, i.e. more than twice as "confirmed."

Are we in a glacial maximum right now? Texas is the standard, yes?


San Antonio @ 5 degrees F
.


WTF?

It's 80 F, dry and sunny, nice day. Global Warming, sure is some messed up shit.

So, the average temperature today is 42.5 F? Hardly ever gets that cold here, at night...

Lucky bastard!


Even James is lucky if he's at around 20degF... Where I am, it is currently around 0degF (I think we barely broke into the positive numbers today?)


But don't feel too bad for us anymore, we're gonna be experiencing a heat wave in the upcoming days... into the teens, and then twenties, and then even THIRTIES!!! That'll be shorts and t-shirt weather for us Badgers!
16-02-2021 00:09
James___
★★★★★
(4525)
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:I can't help but to share with everyone the story about Earth only being 6,000 years old, just to stick it in Swan's face that his story is complete and utter hogwash under the parameters of my story, which leads him to foam at the mouth about how WACKY my story is (yet his fundamentalism blinds him from the fact that the logical basis for his story is no better or different than the logical basis for mine).

It entertains me greatly.

Your story is less of a speculation (only 6,000 years ago) than is Swan's (20,000 years ago). Yours is clearly less than half as speculative, i.e. more than twice as "confirmed."

Are we in a glacial maximum right now? Texas is the standard, yes?


San Antonio @ 5 degrees F
.

Under the Texas standard, 5degF is a life altering "glacial maximum"... Under the Wisconsin standard, 5degF is a "typical Winter day". "Nothing to see here, folks!"



There's rolling blackouts in Texas. The power company doesn't have the infrastructure to keep up with demand. With me, this would've been the time to go skiing. That just makes me sick that I'm not able to go.
16-02-2021 01:10
SwanProfile picture★★★☆☆
(569)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:My father defeated the Nazis with his Marine corps buddies

LOL I heard. They maintained a tactical perimeter of Google shares in a daring GameStop offensive and prevailed by splitting the Apple stock down the middle.

Your safe space is a great source of stories.

Tell us the one about how joules and watts became the same thing when the earth was an ice ball. That one never gets old.


.


It's ok, as it is obvious that you need to rationalize your trailer and beer can collection.
16-02-2021 01:47
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(9192)
James___ wrote: 20° F. Where I live so went for a walk.

Where are you?

.
Attached image:

16-02-2021 02:16
SwanProfile picture★★★☆☆
(569)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote: 20° F. Where I live so went for a walk.

Where are you?

.


Where you will never be!
16-02-2021 02:17
duncan61
★★★★☆
(1150)
Part of River Thames freezes amid sub-zero temperatures

The section of the Thames at Teddington Lock has water flowing more slowly and is more susceptible to icing
Sat 13 Feb 2021 02.44 AEDT
In scenes reminiscent of the Great Freeze of 1963, part of the River Thames froze over as temperatures in Britain plummeted to sub-zero temperatures this week.

The bitter chill from the Baltic led to the river at Teddington Lock, south-west London, partially freezing over, becoming a skating rink for local birdlife.

At this section of the Thames, on the non-tidal side, water flows more slowly, so it is more susceptible to icing over.

It did so to spectacular effect in January 1963, the coldest winter for 200 years, as blizzards covered the country in deep snow drifts. Surreal scenes included a man cycling on the Thames near Windsor Bridge. Elsewhere, people skated outside Buckingham Palace, and a milkman delivered his round on skis as snow lay on the ground for 62 consecutive days in the south of England.

Modern times, however, have seen nothing compared to January 1814, when the last Frost Fair on the Thames was held. Then Londoners were able dance, play skittles, and drink purl – a mix of gin and wormwood wine similar to vermouth – from pop-up pubs and gingerbread sellers who set up stalls on the thick ice. Oxen were roasted on spits, and an elephant was even marched across the river alongside Blackfriars Bridge.
16-02-2021 02:28
duncan61
★★★★☆
(1150)
According to Dr David Viner, a senior research scientist at the climatic research unit (CRU) of the University of East Anglia, within a few years winter snowfall will become "a very rare and exciting event".

"Children just aren't going to know what snow is," he said.

Just another doomsday claim that did not happen
16-02-2021 02:40
SwanProfile picture★★★☆☆
(569)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Hey Swan, When are you gonna sell Apple and Google? You probably shouldn't brag until you sell.


LOL Google is going to be broken up and I will own all the new little Googs.

Yawn
16-02-2021 04:41
duncan61
★★★★☆
(1150)
So An ice spike has gone as far as Texas on your side of the planet.An ice spike has gone all the way to the South coast of England.Could the arctic be warm and sunny and ready for tourists with suntan lotion or is it frozen over as well.The Alarmists are never going to get out of this one and I am so glad to be alive to see it.In the words of Pauline Hanson.PLEASE EXPLAIN??
16-02-2021 05:10
James___
★★★★★
(4525)
duncan61 wrote:
So An ice spike has gone as far as Texas on your side of the planet.An ice spike has gone all the way to the South coast of England.Could the arctic be warm and sunny and ready for tourists with suntan lotion or is it frozen over as well.The Alarmists are never going to get out of this one and I am so glad to be alive to see it.In the words of Pauline Hanson.PLEASE EXPLAIN??



Ozone is doing well over the arctic and above Siberia.
https://ozonewatch.gsfc.nasa.gov/NH.html

The jet stream is as far south as Mexico as a result.
https://www.wunderground.com/maps/wind/jet-stream

It seems that the high ozone levels over the arctic have expanded it's boundaries. This is because the stratosphere is warmer while the troposphere is cooler. This in my opinion shows where ozone can influence tropospheric temperatures more than what has been said.
Edited on 16-02-2021 05:11
16-02-2021 06:00
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(9192)
Swan wrote:It's ok, as it is obvious that you need to rationalize your trailer and beer can collection.

Which trailer? I have a fleet of them. I like to go camping.

.
Attached image:

16-02-2021 06:27
duncan61
★★★★☆
(1150)
Is that where Willecoyote and road runner live??
16-02-2021 07:20
SwanProfile picture★★★☆☆
(569)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:It's ok, as it is obvious that you need to rationalize your trailer and beer can collection.

Which trailer? I have a fleet of them. I like to go camping.

.


Campers use tents, trailers are for nerds
16-02-2021 07:47
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3401)
James___ wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
So An ice spike has gone as far as Texas on your side of the planet.An ice spike has gone all the way to the South coast of England.Could the arctic be warm and sunny and ready for tourists with suntan lotion or is it frozen over as well.The Alarmists are never going to get out of this one and I am so glad to be alive to see it.In the words of Pauline Hanson.PLEASE EXPLAIN??



Ozone is doing well over the arctic and above Siberia.
https://ozonewatch.gsfc.nasa.gov/NH.html

The jet stream is as far south as Mexico as a result.
https://www.wunderground.com/maps/wind/jet-stream

It seems that the high ozone levels over the arctic have expanded it's boundaries. This is because the stratosphere is warmer while the troposphere is cooler. This in my opinion shows where ozone can influence tropospheric temperatures more than what has been said.


In my opinion... Climatologist are clueless idiots, who make shit up, to try and justify their existence. Their holy climate models make as much sense as Savior Messiah Buddha, and about as useless. If any of that crap made any sense, why is it 75 F, at 12:30 AM here? Few hundred miles away they're buried in snow.
16-02-2021 15:28
James___
★★★★★
(4525)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
So An ice spike has gone as far as Texas on your side of the planet.An ice spike has gone all the way to the South coast of England.Could the arctic be warm and sunny and ready for tourists with suntan lotion or is it frozen over as well.The Alarmists are never going to get out of this one and I am so glad to be alive to see it.In the words of Pauline Hanson.PLEASE EXPLAIN??



Ozone is doing well over the arctic and above Siberia.
https://ozonewatch.gsfc.nasa.gov/NH.html

The jet stream is as far south as Mexico as a result.
https://www.wunderground.com/maps/wind/jet-stream

It seems that the high ozone levels over the arctic have expanded it's boundaries. This is because the stratosphere is warmer while the troposphere is cooler. This in my opinion shows where ozone can influence tropospheric temperatures more than what has been said.


In my opinion... Climatologist are clueless idiots, who make shit up, to try and justify their existence. Their holy climate models make as much sense as Savior Messiah Buddha, and about as useless. If any of that crap made any sense, why is it 75 F, at 12:30 AM here? Few hundred miles away they're buried in snow.



And once again we're back to the jet stream. https://www.wunderground.com/maps/wind/jet-stream
and how it's pulling warm air from the Gulf of Mexico over Florida. I checked
and on the Atlantic side of Florida, the winds are heading straight towards the east then north. https://www.windmapper.com/?Loc=FL
And right now in central Kentucky, beautiful, fluffy snow flakes which would be great for skiing on.
16-02-2021 16:04
James___
★★★★★
(4525)
@GasGuzzler, how is it people like you and Harvey can't understand something like this? How can people know that this allows cold arctic air to move over the US while pulling up warm air from Mexico and the Gulf of Mexico?
And yet neither one of you seem to be aware that this actually started in December and that wildfires in California helped to cause this. I'd like to think that hard working intelligent Americans like you guys can understand basic cause and effect relationships. So you 2 will need to forgive me for being frustrated sometimes by how neither of you seem to understand basic relationships that influence weather patterns that move across the 48 contiguous states.

p.s., you'll probably find out that the Rocky Mountains help to drive cold arctic air south into Mexico with the jet stream being so far south.

p.s.s., The wildfires in California kept the hole in the ozone layer over the arctic from forming. And right now the stratospheric ozone levels over Siberia is over 500 Dobson units. And over the arctic, ozone levels are quite good as well but that seems to have cooled the troposphere. Normally weather events like the US is currently experiencing is caused by the polar vortex shifting. That is not the case at the present moment.
Attached image:


Edited on 16-02-2021 16:13
16-02-2021 16:15
James___
★★★★★
(4525)
And red means a lot of ozone. In the US, does anyone see how much ozone is over the US? And it's cold at ground level. And the jet stream is following a path that borders what could be a warmer stratosphere to the north and a cooler stratosphere to the south.
With less ozone to the south the stratosphere might actually be a little cooler. Just how is it basic cause and effect relationships like this are missed?
Attached image:


Edited on 16-02-2021 16:21
16-02-2021 20:59
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3401)
California wildfires? You realize that California, is just a tiny, embarrassing stain on the surface of this HUGE planet. They could burn the whole state (sometimes wish they would), and it would make any global difference. The world isn't that simplistic...
16-02-2021 21:12
SwanProfile picture★★★☆☆
(569)
James___ wrote:
And red means a lot of ozone. In the US, does anyone see how much ozone is over the US? And it's cold at ground level. And the jet stream is following a path that borders what could be a warmer stratosphere to the north and a cooler stratosphere to the south.
With less ozone to the south the stratosphere might actually be a little cooler. Just how is it basic cause and effect relationships like this are missed?


Grow up you do not even know if ozone is good or bad

There are high ozone alert days where the public is warned about health risk, then there are depleted ozone alerts where fools cry that the sky is falling

Wake up already
16-02-2021 21:16
James___
★★★★★
(4525)
HarveyH55 wrote:
California wildfires? You realize that California, is just a tiny, embarrassing stain on the surface of this HUGE planet. They could burn the whole state (sometimes wish they would), and it would make any global difference. The world isn't that simplistic...



More hate. Maybe you might considering that the US is about everyone?
The issue or to be on topic, wildfires like bush fires are a source of CO2. As in many of my previous posts, I have shown where the ozone hole or lack of one affects the jet stream.
What might be of interest would be finding out if ODS emissions have decreased. The amount of ozone in the stratosphere is unusually high. Usually a polar vortex would shift and allow an arctic blast into the lower 48 contiguous US states. The current weather event is because the arctic seems to have expanded.

To encourage your rant. Florida is not a southern state nor is it a part of the southeast. This might be because Florida was originally a settlement of Spain.
St. Augustine is the oldest continuous settlement in the US. And it was a Spanish settlement.
California was originally a Mexican state which it seems that Mexico had little interest in. It's possible that because it was so far from the Mexico capital of Mexico City that Mexicans who did not live there saw little worth in California.
So it is strange in a way that someone who lives in what was a part of Spain would like to see what was a part of Mexico burn. Today, Mexicans and Spaniards do not like each other. So you must be Spanish, right?
16-02-2021 21:22
SwanProfile picture★★★☆☆
(569)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
California wildfires? You realize that California, is just a tiny, embarrassing stain on the surface of this HUGE planet. They could burn the whole state (sometimes wish they would), and it would make any global difference. The world isn't that simplistic...



More hate. Maybe you might considering that the US is about everyone?
The issue or to be on topic, wildfires like bush fires are a source of CO2. As in many of my previous posts, I have shown where the ozone hole or lack of one affects the jet stream.
What might be of interest would be finding out if ODS emissions have decreased. The amount of ozone in the stratosphere is unusually high. Usually a polar vortex would shift and allow an arctic blast into the lower 48 contiguous US states. The current weather event is because the arctic seems to have expanded.

To encourage your rant. Florida is not a southern state nor is it a part of the southeast. This might be because Florida was originally a settlement of Spain.
St. Augustine is the oldest continuous settlement in the US. And it was a Spanish settlement.
California was originally a Mexican state which it seems that Mexico had little interest in. It's possible that because it was so far from the Mexico capital of Mexico City that Mexicans who did not live there saw little worth in California.
So it is strange in a way that someone who lives in what was a part of Spain would like to see what was a part of Mexico burn. Today, Mexicans and Spaniards do not like each other. So you must be Spanish, right?


Mexifornia is a pigsty, maintained by pigs.

Just how it is
16-02-2021 21:46
James___
★★★★★
(4525)
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
California wildfires? You realize that California, is just a tiny, embarrassing stain on the surface of this HUGE planet. They could burn the whole state (sometimes wish they would), and it would make any global difference. The world isn't that simplistic...



More hate. Maybe you might considering that the US is about everyone?
The issue or to be on topic, wildfires like bush fires are a source of CO2. As in many of my previous posts, I have shown where the ozone hole or lack of one affects the jet stream.
What might be of interest would be finding out if ODS emissions have decreased. The amount of ozone in the stratosphere is unusually high. Usually a polar vortex would shift and allow an arctic blast into the lower 48 contiguous US states. The current weather event is because the arctic seems to have expanded.

To encourage your rant. Florida is not a southern state nor is it a part of the southeast. This might be because Florida was originally a settlement of Spain.
St. Augustine is the oldest continuous settlement in the US. And it was a Spanish settlement.
California was originally a Mexican state which it seems that Mexico had little interest in. It's possible that because it was so far from the Mexico capital of Mexico City that Mexicans who did not live there saw little worth in California.
So it is strange in a way that someone who lives in what was a part of Spain would like to see what was a part of Mexico burn. Today, Mexicans and Spaniards do not like each other. So you must be Spanish, right?


Mexifornia is a pigsty, maintained by pigs.

Just how it is



Just more hate. No joke about Florida being Cubida or Floruda? How about Minnesota and MiNorway? Minnesota and Norway. Gophers love Norway. Just ask any Vikings fan.
Although Minneapolis might be more about Minnesota and Metropolis; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKQfxi8V5FA
16-02-2021 22:00
SwanProfile picture★★★☆☆
(569)
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
California wildfires? You realize that California, is just a tiny, embarrassing stain on the surface of this HUGE planet. They could burn the whole state (sometimes wish they would), and it would make any global difference. The world isn't that simplistic...



More hate. Maybe you might considering that the US is about everyone?
The issue or to be on topic, wildfires like bush fires are a source of CO2. As in many of my previous posts, I have shown where the ozone hole or lack of one affects the jet stream.
What might be of interest would be finding out if ODS emissions have decreased. The amount of ozone in the stratosphere is unusually high. Usually a polar vortex would shift and allow an arctic blast into the lower 48 contiguous US states. The current weather event is because the arctic seems to have expanded.

To encourage your rant. Florida is not a southern state nor is it a part of the southeast. This might be because Florida was originally a settlement of Spain.
St. Augustine is the oldest continuous settlement in the US. And it was a Spanish settlement.
California was originally a Mexican state which it seems that Mexico had little interest in. It's possible that because it was so far from the Mexico capital of Mexico City that Mexicans who did not live there saw little worth in California.
So it is strange in a way that someone who lives in what was a part of Spain would like to see what was a part of Mexico burn. Today, Mexicans and Spaniards do not like each other. So you must be Spanish, right?


Mexifornia is a pigsty, maintained by pigs.

Just how it is



Just more hate. No joke about Florida being Cubida or Floruda? How about Minnesota and MiNorway? Minnesota and Norway. Gophers love Norway. Just ask any Vikings fan.
Although Minneapolis might be more about Minnesota and Metropolis; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKQfxi8V5FA


California is a pigsty, you are the fool ignoring the hate of poverty




Edited on 16-02-2021 22:07
16-02-2021 22:20
keepit
★★★★★
(2235)
Today's california is what happens when real estate prices get too high. Why did real estate prices get too high? Many reasons including costs of construction, due to permit prices, taxation, overregulation of land usage. They tried to make california a better mecca and it costs too much to be perfect in an imperfect world. A good example of perfect being the enemy of the good. Perfect's a good goal but not achievable in an imperfect world.
California used to be great.
16-02-2021 22:58
SwanProfile picture★★★☆☆
(569)
keepit wrote:
Today's california is what happens when real estate prices get too high. Why did real estate prices get too high? Many reasons including costs of construction, due to permit prices, taxation, overregulation of land usage. They tried to make california a better mecca and it costs too much to be perfect in an imperfect world. A good example of perfect being the enemy of the good. Perfect's a good goal but not achievable in an imperfect world.
California used to be great.


Illegal immigrants do not buy real estate, they pick peppers
16-02-2021 23:16
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15565)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:It's ok, as it is obvious that you need to rationalize your trailer and beer can collection.

Which trailer? I have a fleet of them. I like to go camping.

.


Campers use tents, trailers are for nerds

Trailers are for people that don't like to sleep on rocks.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
16-02-2021 23:18
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15565)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
So An ice spike has gone as far as Texas on your side of the planet.An ice spike has gone all the way to the South coast of England.Could the arctic be warm and sunny and ready for tourists with suntan lotion or is it frozen over as well.The Alarmists are never going to get out of this one and I am so glad to be alive to see it.In the words of Pauline Hanson.PLEASE EXPLAIN??



Ozone is doing well over the arctic and above Siberia.
https://ozonewatch.gsfc.nasa.gov/NH.html

The jet stream is as far south as Mexico as a result.
https://www.wunderground.com/maps/wind/jet-stream

It seems that the high ozone levels over the arctic have expanded it's boundaries. This is because the stratosphere is warmer while the troposphere is cooler. This in my opinion shows where ozone can influence tropospheric temperatures more than what has been said.


In my opinion... Climatologist are clueless idiots, who make shit up, to try and justify their existence. Their holy climate models make as much sense as Savior Messiah Buddha, and about as useless. If any of that crap made any sense, why is it 75 F, at 12:30 AM here? Few hundred miles away they're buried in snow.



And once again we're back to the jet stream. https://www.wunderground.com/maps/wind/jet-stream
and how it's pulling warm air from the Gulf of Mexico over Florida. I checked
and on the Atlantic side of Florida, the winds are heading straight towards the east then north. https://www.windmapper.com/?Loc=FL
And right now in central Kentucky, beautiful, fluffy snow flakes which would be great for skiing on.

And once again we're back to James Babble.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
16-02-2021 23:22
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15565)
James___ wrote:
And red means a lot of ozone. In the US, does anyone see how much ozone is over the US? And it's cold at ground level. And the jet stream is following a path that borders what could be a warmer stratosphere to the north and a cooler stratosphere to the south.
With less ozone to the south the stratosphere might actually be a little cooler. Just how is it basic cause and effect relationships like this are missed?


Personally, I don't believe any such datasets from NASA anymore. They've been making up too many numbers.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
Page 3 of 4<1234>





Join the debate Are We on the Brink of a 'New Little Ice Age? Woods Hole Oceanographic:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
sea ice9807-03-2021 06:20
Polar Ice Melt Now 6 Times Greater Than 1990s10313-11-2020 21:11
hudson bay sea ice1601-07-2020 22:12
ICE AGE?: Is The End OF The Interglacial Phase Coming Or Have We Accidentally Saved Humanity With Fossil 14423-06-2020 21:01
Electric cars vs ICE cars2215-05-2020 23:22
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact