Remember me
▼ Content

Are We on the Brink of a 'New Little Ice Age? Woods Hole Oceanographic

Page 2 of 4<1234>
13-02-2021 15:06
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5721)
Xadoman wrote:
Swan, could you explain how in your opinion the ice age starts. What triggers it or what needs to happen that the ice age would start. I just can not understand it. You mentioned that the change of the axial tilt of the rotational axis causes something. You said it somehow creates favorable conditions for an ice to form on lakes and rivers. I can not see how. I just can not see how that could have an effect on the overall temperature.

No one knows how an ice age starts because the reasons for climate change are not certain. The last ice age left a line of glacial moraines that define the ice flows however. The really interesting thing is that the ice began melting 20000 years ago with no cars or man made CO2 to start the warming process. Furthermore I said none of what your wasted PhD is attributing me to have said.

The Earth is however due for a full scale magnetic shift as the magnetic North Pole is wandering rather wildly at the moment.

Play on Shirley, and do try to stay on course
Edited on 13-02-2021 15:07
13-02-2021 15:17
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21597)
Swan wrote:
Xadoman wrote:
Swan, could you explain how in your opinion the ice age starts. What triggers it or what needs to happen that the ice age would start. I just can not understand it. You mentioned that the change of the axial tilt of the rotational axis causes something. You said it somehow creates favorable conditions for an ice to form on lakes and rivers. I can not see how. I just can not see how that could have an effect on the overall temperature.

No one knows how an ice age starts because the reasons for climate change are not certain.

How do you know one will start at all? Climate doesn't change. A desert climate will always be a desert climate.
Swan wrote:
The last ice age left a line of glacial moraines that define the ice flows however.

How do you know? Were you there?
Swan wrote:
The really interesting thing is that the ice began melting 20000 years ago

Swan wrote:
with no cars

Swan wrote:
or man made CO2

Swan wrote:
to start the warming process.

CO2 has no capability to warm the Earth. You can't create energy out of nothing. See the 1st law of thermodynamics.
Swan wrote:
Furthermore I said none of what your wasted PhD is attributing me to have said.

Lie.
Swan wrote:
The Earth is however due for a full scale magnetic shift as the magnetic North Pole is wandering rather wildly at the moment.

How do you know? Do you have some kind of Holy Entrail?
Swan wrote:

There is no one named Shirley here. I think you are hallucinating.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
13-02-2021 15:53
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14406)
Swan wrote: No one knows how an ice age starts

... perhaps because no ice age has ever happened?

Swan wrote:... the reasons for climate change are not certain

... perhaps because there is no such thing?

Swan wrote: The last ice age left a line of glacial moraines that define the ice flows however.

... or maybe the entire planet wasn't an ice ball all at the same time.

Swan wrote: The really interesting thing is that the ice began melting 20000 years ago

I'm sure ice began melting long before the earth ever formed.

Swan wrote: ... with no cars or man made CO2 to start the warming process.

There is no special process. It's entirely a temperature issue. Answer Xadoman's question about how you claim the earth somehow spontaneously decreased in temperature for a long period of time before returning to its equilibrium temperature.

Swan wrote: Furthermore I said none of what your wasted PhD is attributing me to have said.

Once again you return to insisting on what you didn't say without actually clarifying what you are saying.

Answer Xadoman's question with something other than an admission that you cannot support your claim, i.e. "nobody knows" or admit that you cannot support your claim.

Swan wrote: The Earth is however due for a full scale magnetic shift

Due? Did you write "due" as though the earth's magnetic polarity has a schedule?

Swan wrote: ... as the magnetic North Pole is wandering rather wildly at the moment.

... and we are to assume that the magnetic North Pole is somehow required to proceed at the same rate and in the same direction until this shift happens?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
13-02-2021 16:00
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5721)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Xadoman wrote:

No one knows how an ice age starts because the reasons for climate change are not certain.

How do you know one will start at all? Climate doesn't change. A desert climate will always be a desert climate.
Swan wrote:
The last ice age left a line of glacial moraines that define the ice flows however.

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:
with no cars

Swan wrote:
or man made CO2

Swan wrote:

CO2 has no capability to warm the Earth. You can't create energy out of nothing. See the 1st law of thermodynamics.
Swan wrote:

Lie.
Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Look Mulder, I never said that an ice age will start, I have only referred to the last one that happened.

You are really one triggered bimbo

Alphabet is at a new high
13-02-2021 16:12
(14406)
Swan wrote: Look Mulder, I never said ...

LOL MORE with the "I never said" and bupkis on why any rational adult should believe that the earth somehow spontaneously dropped in temperature in the unrecorded past.

You are really one triggered bimbo. What moron denies physics outright?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
13-02-2021 16:17
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5721)
IBdaMann wrote:

LOL MORE with the "I never said" and bupkis on why any rational adult should believe that the earth somehow spontaneously dropped in temperature in the unrecorded past.

You are denying the physics of Apple shares splitting like mine do.

CIAO

PS Now take the Chlorpromazine already
13-02-2021 18:39
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

CIAO

You do realize, that stocks can be deceiving. Some companies offer several stock options... Low level employees are offered Associate stocks, which are low yield, usually a cheap alternative to cash bonuses, and a tax dodge. Common stock, is what is usually sold and traded publicly. Preferred stock, is what the owners, and executives hoard for themselves, with the highest returns. A split, is like printing dollars. You have two shares, that a worth the same, as the single was, before the split. Not much changes, other than you have twice as many pieces of paper.

Walmart owned the company I work for, and offered us Associate shares. Our company gave us a small matching contribution, so many got in. When Walmart sold our company, most people bailed. Lot of stink over Super Centers, and ruining local economies, sort of looked like the giant would eventually fall. They only allowed sale of full shares. My partial share, from about 10 years ago, is now 5 shares, since dividends are re-invested. From my 1099, worth $733.10. I made $10.88 dividends last year, on basically, leftovers, mostly forgotten. I still believe Walmart is going to fall in my lifetime. Most shopping is going online, for regular purchases, and smaller businesses will again cater to people who want to see what their are buying. Lot of people are enjoying the online experience, and delivered to their door convenience. Returns and disputes are easily settled, with a complaint and a cell phone photo of the problem. Many are told to keep unwanted items, or throw them away. The problem, doesn't have to be that serious, and you often get free stuff, and your money credited.
13-02-2021 19:15
(14406)
Swan wrote:You are denying the physics of Apple shares splitting like mine do.

LOL You rush to your safe space so you don't have to face the dangers of the futures market LOL. Sure, you could make some real money there but it is ever so frightening ... like physics Yawn. It's so much safer, and easier, to parrot what others tell you to believe LOL.

CIAO

PS Now take the sedative already.

13-02-2021 19:21
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5721)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

CIAO

You do realize, that stocks can be deceiving. Some companies offer several stock options... Low level employees are offered Associate stocks, which are low yield, usually a cheap alternative to cash bonuses, and a tax dodge. Common stock, is what is usually sold and traded publicly. Preferred stock, is what the owners, and executives hoard for themselves, with the highest returns. A split, is like printing dollars. You have two shares, that a worth the same, as the single was, before the split. Not much changes, other than you have twice as many pieces of paper.

Walmart owned the company I work for, and offered us Associate shares. Our company gave us a small matching contribution, so many got in. When Walmart sold our company, most people bailed. Lot of stink over Super Centers, and ruining local economies, sort of looked like the giant would eventually fall. They only allowed sale of full shares. My partial share, from about 10 years ago, is now 5 shares, since dividends are re-invested. From my 1099, worth $733.10. I made $10.88 dividends last year, on basically, leftovers, mostly forgotten. I still believe Walmart is going to fall in my lifetime. Most shopping is going online, for regular purchases, and smaller businesses will again cater to people who want to see what their are buying. Lot of people are enjoying the online experience, and delivered to their door convenience. Returns and disputes are easily settled, with a complaint and a cell phone photo of the problem. Many are told to keep unwanted items, or throw them away. The problem, doesn't have to be that serious, and you often get free stuff, and your money credited.

You have no clue dude.

Really I can buy any stock without working for the company
13-02-2021 19:26
(14406)
HarveyH55 wrote: I still believe Walmart is going to fall in my lifetime. Most shopping is going online, for regular purchases, and smaller businesses will again cater to people who want to see what their are buying. Lot of people are enjoying the online experience, and delivered to their door convenience. Returns and disputes are easily settled, with a complaint and a cell phone photo of the problem.

While your current prediction might very well be correct, WalMart is positioning themselves to compete with, and even take down, Amazon. WalMart already has an online market equivalent to Amazon but also has all the brick-and-mortar customers who will be happy to migrate to the online store the day they become too lazy to drive to the local WalMart.

I don't see WalMart going away. They have so many brick-and-mortar customers that actually want to go to the store, and they are all aware of the internet purchase option.

Just like Amazon began with simply ordering books, WalMart began their online market allowing people to order photo prints online ... and then they just expanded naturally. Yes, Amazon gets the headline title but WalMart's online business is not hurting whatsoever, and no brick-and-mortar WalMarts are losing money.

In our lifetime we might see the end of WalMart brick-and-mortar but it will only signal the beginning of growth for their online market.

Jussayn.

14-02-2021 01:01
(21597)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Xadoman wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:
with no cars

Swan wrote:
or man made CO2

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Lie.
Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Look Mulder, I never said that an ice age will start, I have only referred to the last one that happened.

You is Mulder?? I don't know any bimbo named Mulder.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
14-02-2021 01:02
(21597)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

CIAO

Not physics.

The Parrot Killer

14-02-2021 01:08
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
IBdaMann wrote:

...who will be happy to migrate to the online store the day they become too lazy to drive to the local WalMart.

Friend of mine is between jobs for a couple months decided to door dash for something to do and make a couple bucks.

He cleared $5800 last month. Jussayin....maybe we're closer to the no instore shopping days than we realize. No, I don't think Walmart will fall. They've done the politically correct thing and are gradually eliminating guns and ammo sales. This will find favor with libs who will prop them up if need be.
14-02-2021 02:48
(14406)
GasGuzzler wrote:They've done the politically correct thing and are gradually eliminating guns and ammo sales. This will find favor with libs who will ...

... call for boycotts and executive firings of competitors if necessary.

14-02-2021 05:00
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5721)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Xadoman wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:
with no cars

Swan wrote:
or man made CO2

Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

Lie.
Swan wrote:

Swan wrote:

You is Mulder?? I don't know any bimbo named Mulder.

Well Golleee Sarge..........................!
14-02-2021 05:02
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5721)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

CIAO

Not physics.

Yawn I prefer the physics of Google being 2100 plus bucks a share
14-02-2021 05:56
(14406)
Swan wrote:Yawn I prefer the physics of Google being 2100 plus bucks a share

LOL I enjoy watching you escape into your safe space whenever you are forced to discuss physics. LOL

Personally, I think your "stocks" are also just figments of your delusions, like your delusion that scientists have travelled back in time and verified their speculations of the past ... and that you have as well. What's more likely is that you never purchased the shares you keep mentioning and now regret your apathy, forcing you to lie to yourself in your safe space that you actually made all the smart decisions you never made because you are a genius, not some scientifically illiterate moron. LOL

In an anonymous forum such as Climate-Debate you can plausibly claim to have made some wise decisions ... but you can't simulate science literacy that you don't have ... so you quickly shift delusions whenever science is the topic of discussion. Yawn.

LOL

14-02-2021 07:27
(21597)
GasGuzzler wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

...who will be happy to migrate to the online store the day they become too lazy to drive to the local WalMart.

Friend of mine is between jobs for a couple months decided to door dash for something to do and make a couple bucks.

He cleared $5800 last month. Jussayin....maybe we're closer to the no instore shopping days than we realize. No, I don't think Walmart will fall. They've done the politically correct thing and are gradually eliminating guns and ammo sales. This will find favor with libs who will prop them up if need be.

Democrats?? Find favor with Walmart????

The Parrot Killer

14-02-2021 07:51
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
In Western Australia we have strict Firearm laws however it is possible to own firearms.I have 7mm Remington Magnum .243 and .222 plus shotguns and rimfire stuff.Over east the hunters can shoot state forests for deer.In populated areas you can apply for a permit and you are given a certain area to hunt in.The only hunting allowed in W.A. is private property which has its advantages as You are not going to run in to any one else.On my gun forum I read a post where some grumpy old dude was hiding in the forest on a game trail and people rode past on trail bikes making a ton of noise and he was pissed off.So I read that its a public access place and there is some dude hiding in there with a high power rifle.What could possibly go wrong.There is interstate rivalry here that I do not get in to and the posters from the East are constantly mocking us about how strict our firearms laws are however I have been to many competition shoots and different ranges and no one here seems to have an issue
14-02-2021 18:40
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
If you own private property, you can sell permission to others. Here in America, there are farms, and ranches, that make more money off the hunting, than the crops or livestock. Some or pretty sleazy, and calling it hunting, is pretty much a joke. They setup feeding stations, on timers, for a easy reliable meal, everyday. Hunting, is simply hanging out drinking beer, until feeding time, for those who wish the minimal effort approach. They have hundreds of acres to cater to any style 'hunting'. Private land/public land rules and regulations vary quite a bit...
15-02-2021 00:01
(21597)
duncan61 wrote:
In Western Australia we have strict Firearm laws however it is possible to own firearms.I have 7mm Remington Magnum .243 and .222 plus shotguns and rimfire stuff.Over east the hunters can shoot state forests for deer.In populated areas you can apply for a permit and you are given a certain area to hunt in.The only hunting allowed in W.A. is private property which has its advantages as You are not going to run in to any one else.On my gun forum I read a post where some grumpy old dude was hiding in the forest on a game trail and people rode past on trail bikes making a ton of noise and he was pissed off.So I read that its a public access place and there is some dude hiding in there with a high power rifle.What could possibly go wrong.There is interstate rivalry here that I do not get in to and the posters from the East are constantly mocking us about how strict our firearms laws are however I have been to many competition shoots and different ranges and no one here seems to have an issue

So does anyone care what weapon you use to defend yourself from gangs of people with high power rifles?

The Parrot Killer

15-02-2021 01:12
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5721)
IBdaMann wrote:

LOL I enjoy watching you escape into your safe space whenever you are forced to discuss physics. LOL

Personally, I think your "stocks" are also just figments of your delusions, like your delusion that scientists have travelled back in time and verified their speculations of the past ... and that you have as well. What's more likely is that you never purchased the shares you keep mentioning and now regret your apathy, forcing you to lie to yourself in your safe space that you actually made all the smart decisions you never made because you are a genius, not some scientifically illiterate moron. LOL

In an anonymous forum such as Climate-Debate you can plausibly claim to have made some wise decisions ... but you can't simulate science literacy that you don't have ... so you quickly shift delusions whenever science is the topic of discussion. Yawn.

LOL

Says the clown who does not believe that the last ice age happened.

LOL

Google is doing plenty of quantum physics.

CIAO
15-02-2021 01:40
(14406)
Swan wrote:[post deleted for not containing any support for Swan's wild speculations]

LOL LOL.

LOL.

Yawn.

15-02-2021 02:53
(21597)
Swan wrote:

Quantum mechanics is not physics. You don't 'do' any theory of science.

The Parrot Killer

15-02-2021 03:03
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

LOL

Says the clown who does not believe that the last ice age happened.

LOL

CIAO

The title of this thread and your posts are in conflict. Being on the verge of a "Little Ice Age" means another cold spell like we happened after the Medieval Warm Period.
For a literal ice age, maybe another 80,000 years of cooling until we get there. In geologic terms, we'll always be on the verge of another climate ripple. Radio carbon dating suggests about 300 warm years and 600 cold years.
p.s., that seems to be the approximate pattern.
Edited on 15-02-2021 03:04
15-02-2021 03:04
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Into the Night wrote:
[quote]duncan61 wrote:

So does anyone care what weapon you use to defend yourself from gangs of people with high power rifles?

What gangs of people with high powered rifles?We do not have that situation here.Even the outlaw bikie gangs do not ride around armed as they know they are going to get stopped by police if they move around in groups.Shooting dead another human for being in the wrong place at the wrong time is not common like in the land of the free where paranoia is rife

duncan61
15-02-2021 03:38
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5721)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:

LOL actually doofus quantum computing is based on physics that are only partly understood.

https://cnet1.cbsistatic.com/img/Y0YoxCD2Tf_XTUwV6sz210fB_hg=/980x551/2019/10/23/365ced13-a80d-4f6e-967d-302c2fe53806/20191023-google-quantum-computer-lab-010.jpg

Buy buy buy

I am standing in front of a gigantic touch screen in a garagelike laboratory at Google's facility in Goleta, Calif., using my finger to move little squares containing symbols—an X, a Y, an H and other, more arcane glyphs—across the display. The squares represent functions that can be performed on a quantum bit—a qubit—inside a large, silvery cylinder nearby. Of the myriad functions on offer, some cause the bit to flip from 1 to 0 (or from 0 to 1); one makes it rotate around an axis.

Another square on the display reveals the state of the qubit, represented by what looks like a lollipop moving around inside a sphere, its stick anchored in the center. As it moves, numbers beside it oscillate between 1.0000 and 0.0000. This is one of the strengths of qubits: they do not have to be the all-or-nothing 1 or 0 of binary bits but can occupy states in between. This quality of "superposition" allows each qubit to perform more than one calculation at a time, speeding up computation in a manner that seems almost miraculous. Although the final readout from a qubit is a 1 or 0, the existence of all of those intermediary steps means it can be difficult or impossible for a classical computer to do the same calculation. To the uninitiated, this process may appear a bit like magic—a wave of the hands, a tap of a touch screen and, presto, a rabbit is pulled from a quantum hat. Google has invited me here—along with a select group of other journalists—to pull back the curtain on this wizardry, to prove it is not magical at all.
Edited on 15-02-2021 03:42
15-02-2021 03:48
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Its good you persist Swan but you know they are going to deny everything even though you have described it in a way I understand and I can see the potential
15-02-2021 03:50
(14406)
duncan61 wrote:Its good you persist Swan but you know they are going to deny everything even though you have described it in a way I understand and I can see the potential

Too funny. Swan still has yet to explain why any reasonable adult should believe his wild speculations about the past. For that matter, so do you.

What makes you think that anyone will believe that you can see into the unrecorded/distant past?

15-02-2021 03:51
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5721)
duncan61 wrote:
Its good you persist Swan but you know they are going to deny everything even though you have described it in a way I understand and I can see the potential

What am I denying?

15-02-2021 03:55
(14406)
Swan wrote:What am I denying?

LOL English isn't your thing LOL ... oh wait! LOL I already covered this LOL

Yawn.

Duncan is not claiming that you are denying anything. LOL

LOL

15-02-2021 04:06
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:

LOL actually doofus quantum computing is based on physics that are only partly understood.

https://cnet1.cbsistatic.com/img/Y0YoxCD2Tf_XTUwV6sz210fB_hg=/980x551/2019/10/23/365ced13-a80d-4f6e-967d-302c2fe53806/20191023-google-quantum-computer-lab-010.jpg

Buy buy buy

I am standing in front of a gigantic touch screen in a garagelike laboratory at Google's facility in Goleta, Calif., using my finger to move little squares containing symbols—an X, a Y, an H and other, more arcane glyphs—across the display. The squares represent functions that can be performed on a quantum bit—a qubit—inside a large, silvery cylinder nearby. Of the myriad functions on offer, some cause the bit to flip from 1 to 0 (or from 0 to 1); one makes it rotate around an axis.

Another square on the display reveals the state of the qubit, represented by what looks like a lollipop moving around inside a sphere, its stick anchored in the center. As it moves, numbers beside it oscillate between 1.0000 and 0.0000. This is one of the strengths of qubits: they do not have to be the all-or-nothing 1 or 0 of binary bits but can occupy states in between. This quality of "superposition" allows each qubit to perform more than one calculation at a time, speeding up computation in a manner that seems almost miraculous. Although the final readout from a qubit is a 1 or 0, the existence of all of those intermediary steps means it can be difficult or impossible for a classical computer to do the same calculation. To the uninitiated, this process may appear a bit like magic—a wave of the hands, a tap of a touch screen and, presto, a rabbit is pulled from a quantum hat. Google has invited me here—along with a select group of other journalists—to pull back the curtain on this wizardry, to prove it is not magical at all.

In Engleske, it's bye, bye and bye. As for quantum computing, it's actually based on photons and not electrons. At room temperature, photons are of little use unless you like "pretty lights".
For computing purposes, it's almost like considering super conductivity. Mag-Lev trains use hydrogen to cool it's components. Otherwise the conductivity necessary isn't possible. The electromagnetic field would become a source of heat.
An FYI, a quantum computer is the human brain. The brain processes photons across a billions of neurons. These neurons are linked by protein chains. Does this make the brain stem which is the most primitive part of the brain its central neural processor much like a chip in a pc?
They say right brain left brain but what allows a cohesive thought without a processor/chip?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edmIy21ds2c
Edited on 15-02-2021 04:08
15-02-2021 04:25
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1643)
Swan wrote:
https://www.whoi.edu/know-your-ocean/ocean-topics/climate-ocean/abrupt-climate-change/are-we-on-the-brink-of-a-new-little-ice-age/

When most of us think about Ice Ages, we imagine a slow transition into a colder climate on long time scales. Indeed, studies of the past million years indicate a repeatable cycle of Earth's climate going from warm periods ("interglacial", as we are experiencing now) to glacial conditions.

The period of these shifts are related to changes in the tilt of Earth's rotational axis (41,000 years), changes in the orientation of Earth's elliptical orbit around the sun, called the "precession of the equinoxes" (23,000 years), and to changes in the shape (more round or less round) of the elliptical orbit (100,000 years). The theory that orbital shifts caused the waxing and waning of ice ages was first pointed out by James Croll in the 19th Century and developed more fully by Milutin Milankovitch in 1938.

undefinedundefined Ice age conditions generally occur when all of the above conspire to create a minimum of summer sunlight on the arctic regions of the earth, although the Ice Age cycle is global in nature and occurs in phase in both hemispheres. It profoundly affects distribution of ice over lands and ocean, atmospheric temperatures and circulation, and ocean temperatures and circulation at the surface and at great depth.

Since the end of the present interglacial and the slow march to the next Ice Age may be several millennia away, why should we care? In fact, won't the build-up of carbon dioxide (CO²) and other greenhouse gasses possibly ameliorate future changes?

Indeed, some groups advocate the benefits of global warming, including the Greening Earth Society and the Subtropical Russia Movement. Some in the latter group even advocate active intervention to accelerate the process, seeing this as an opportunity to turn much of cold, austere northern Russia into a subtropical paradise

So please burn your used tires

If you believe in these earth cycles: 26,000 year wobble, 41,000 year change in tilt, 100,000 year change in sun orbit; it must mean you believe such celestial knowledge was given to us by "ancient alien astronauts."

How else could we confirm such celestial changes? We haven't been observing the skies for long enough to know these things.

15-02-2021 04:50
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5721)
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:

Buy buy buy

In Engleske, it's bye, bye and bye. As for quantum computing, it's actually based on photons and not electrons. At room temperature, photons are of little use unless you like "pretty lights".
For computing purposes, it's almost like considering super conductivity. Mag-Lev trains use hydrogen to cool it's components. Otherwise the conductivity necessary isn't possible. The electromagnetic field would become a source of heat.
An FYI, a quantum computer is the human brain. The brain processes photons across a billions of neurons. These neurons are linked by protein chains. Does this make the brain stem which is the most primitive part of the brain its central neural processor much like a chip in a pc?
They say right brain left brain but what allows a cohesive thought without a processor/chip?

My neurons bought Google and Apple

What did yours do?
15-02-2021 05:08
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:

Buy buy buy

What did yours do?

I've owned stock. This is not that type of forum. Apparently your neurons failed to process the correct data. This is a climate debate forum. Can your neurons process that?
Kind of where you are all over the place when you post. It's almost like you're dancing but you don't have a partner. Myself, I don't need one. Sometimes what we desire most simply has to wait.
It's like the movie Australia, there is Drover! And sometimes that is what a situation requires. You won't get this but for the science I am pursuing, as Einstein would say, it's relative.
15-02-2021 05:27
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Swan wrote:

What did yours do?

And Henry Ford who made his son CEO and then bought up the worthless stock inspired Adolph Hitler. A young Adolph read Henry Ford's newspaper. What Henry Ford's stock did for the world. True story. Kind of why the USA is the greatest country in the world.

Isn't it heart warming to know that America's greatest industrialist and first billionaire inspired Adolph Hitler? Henry Ford simply hated Jews.
I'd rather not discuss politics.
A close friend recalled a camping trip in 1919 during which Ford lectured a group around the campfire. He "attributes all evil to Jews or to the Jewish capitalists," the friend wrote in his diary. "The Jews caused the war, the Jews caused the outbreak of thieving and robbery all over the country, the Jews caused the inefficiency of the navy..."
https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/features/henryford-antisemitism/

Edited on 15-02-2021 05:32
15-02-2021 05:45
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5721)
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:

Buy buy buy

What did yours do?

I've owned stock. This is not that type of forum. Apparently your neurons failed to process the correct data. This is a climate debate forum. Can your neurons process that?
Kind of where you are all over the place when you post. It's almost like you're dancing but you don't have a partner. Myself, I don't need one. Sometimes what we desire most simply has to wait.
It's like the movie Australia, there is Drover! And sometimes that is what a situation requires. You won't get this but for the science I am pursuing, as Einstein would say, it's relative.

LOL you are pursuing science in schizzoville where idiots deny that an ice age happened
15-02-2021 06:17
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Swan wrote:

LOL you are pursuing science in schizzoville where idiots deny that an ice age happened

You obviously haven't read what I've posted. I can support both aboriginal/indigenous rights and science. I'm not pure.

Edited on 15-02-2021 06:23
15-02-2021 06:21
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5721)
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:

You obviously haven't read what I've posted. I can support both aboriginal/indigenous rights and science. I'm not pure.

If I shake your head will the beads rattle?
15-02-2021 06:26
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Swan wrote:
James___ wrote:
Swan wrote:

If I shake your head will the beads rattle?

My father lived under the 3rd Reich. You make the same claims. Care to dance?
I don't care for Nazis. This just shows your ignorance. Can I salute you?
Heil Hitler!! Feel better? Then again, some of us know what to do with a Nazi. There's just no place for them in this world.

p.s., heil in Deutsche means healthy. But you know this, right?
p.s.s., do you like how my beads rattle Nazi? Heil Swan!
Edited on 15-02-2021 06:32
Page 2 of 4<1234>

Join the debate Are We on the Brink of a 'New Little Ice Age? Woods Hole Oceanographic:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The new President elect of Haagen Dazs, demonstrating an ice cream filled donut017-11-2023 14:07
Transgender dickhead as-hole jerkoff shoots up Christian school. CNN praises the loser and blames Trump028-03-2023 02:05
UN says ozone layer slowly healing, hole to mend by 20668224-01-2023 16:35
Co2 ice samples1102-06-2022 22:44
Arctic sea ice cover1909-04-2022 08:29
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact