Arctic waters not freezing

Page 20 of 20<<<181920
13-04-2018 17:29
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Tim the plumber wrote:
GreenMan wrote:

That was a good Mark Twain quote, and he was right, about you, whose only research is reading someone else's opinion. What he said doesn't apply to me, because I did the research. I examined the evidence myself. I built a Climate Model that proves beyond a doubt that Global Warming is Real.

My opinion is that there is nothing we can do to stop the heating that is definitely coming. So our best path is thinking survival when the world turns upside down. Just a figure of speech, but a shifting of the axis is actually predicted to occur, along with the heating. I think the eruption is going to be so powerful that we actually shift a little, or even a lot. If Antarctica moves just a little from the South Pole, then it's mass would have a tendency to pull the earth into an eccentric spin until it ends up around the equator. Of course, when that happens, all the ice will melt very quickfully.

Let's hope that in a few lifetimes, because I'm not ready for that.

Publish your climate model here. We can have a look at it.

Can you imagine - he built a model. Not one single model has ever proven to show anything even close to being correct. They have all proven to be so inaccurate that they couldn't even "predict" what has occurred in the last 100 years.

But "Greenman" has a model.
13-04-2018 17:34
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
GreenMan wrote:
Wake wrote:
GreenMan wrote:
Wake wrote:
LucianoA wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6NrjShiXqI

That is almost entirely bunk. If global warming and sea level changes were actually occurring there would be LESS drought and not more.

Yo dude, heat causes drought. It also cause excessive precipitation. Depends on what the landscape looks like. Take for example, the Mohave Desert, which borders a huge mountain range, which blocks moisture from the ocean. It's so dry there, that you can see the rain falling from the clouds, but it doesn't reach the ground. That's heat, and a lack of humidity.

Apparently you like to talk to hear the sound of one hand clapping. Heat doesn't cause "drought" - lack of rain does. With the change in the climate more and more precipitation is occurring around the Sahara region and more farming is occurring. Not to be too poignant but I ain't your Dude.

GreenMan wrote:
Wake wrote:
The glaciers that are melting are almost entirely on Greenland and as they melt away they have farmed land underneath them that was farmed before the little ice age occurred.

Contrary to the nutty True Believers talking points it wasn't called Greenland because of some sort of advertising gimmick to attract more colonists, it was called Greenland because it had a LOT of arable land.

At this point there is STILL not as much land as there had been before the little ice age.

Truth is, you have no idea why they called it Greenland. Your made up reasoning is the same as theirs.

The "truth is" that AS THE GLACIERS MELT THEY FIND THAT THE LAND BENEATH HAS BEEN FARMED. Is that like too difficult for a "yo dude" to understand?

GreenMan wrote:
Wake wrote:
The Oregon Petition has over 31,000 degreed scientists who deny that there is ANY man-made global warming. Over 9,000 of them are PhD's and at least three are Nobel Prize winners. You can find a youTube video with at least 25 NASA scientists explaining how the NASA command had purposely misrepresented the threats and size of "climate change" and that it is well within the boundaries of NORMAL climate variations.

The Oregon Petition was discredited as soon as it came out. Nothing but a bunch of non-climate scientists and other wannabes.

So Dr. Roy Spencer, the head of the NASA satellite weather program is a climate wannabe huh? What credentials do you have for judging ANYONE. What degree? Where do you work? What experience do you have? And while you're at it - what University awards a degree in Climate Science?

Exactly where do jackasses like you come from? You read "Skeptical Science" and think that you actually have knowledge about something. Too bad that they have no qualifications just like you.

GreenMan wrote:
Wake wrote:

I will ask you again - WHY did you present this video as if it contained any valid information?

I don't know. Maybe because she/he thought people should know what's going on. The real question is, why do you continue to spout your nonsense in here? Don't you have better things to do, than harass people who are concerned about the future of humanity? No, we're not trying to mess up capitalism. We just want to give our grandchildren a chance. Is that too much to ask for?

Exactly WHO are you kidding? If you had the slightest interest in the future of this planet you'd actually go to college and get a PhD in atmospheric physics. But you're not bright enough to do so and so you just shoot your mouth off as Mark Twain put it: "people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination, from authorities who have not themselves examined the questions at issue but have taken them at second-hand from other non-examiners, whose opinions about them were not worth a brass farthing."

This is a world for people who do and not for people to like to talk. So stop with the "Greenman" as if you had the slightest clue about environmentalism or the climate which ISN'T changing.

That was a good Mark Twain quote, and he was right, about you, whose only research is reading someone else's opinion. What he said doesn't apply to me, because I did the research. I examined the evidence myself. I built a Climate Model that proves beyond a doubt that Global Warming is Real.

My opinion is that there is nothing we can do to stop the heating that is definitely coming. So our best path is thinking survival when the world turns upside down. Just a figure of speech, but a shifting of the axis is actually predicted to occur, along with the heating. I think the eruption is going to be so powerful that we actually shift a little, or even a lot. If Antarctica moves just a little from the South Pole, then it's mass would have a tendency to pull the earth into an eccentric spin until it ends up around the equator. Of course, when that happens, all the ice will melt very quickfully.

Let's hope that in a few lifetimes, because I'm not ready for that.

Include this in your model dumbass: http://www.pnas.org/content/114/24/6221
01-02-2020 01:33
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote: Yes, continued temperature drops now occur, with FAB
(2) dropping more, this time to "only" 8degC above average. Again, possible further temp decreases may continue.
Much Northern Hemisphere heat has withdrawn to lower latitudes. Powerful continuous heat extends from Northern Africa & southern europe to countries south of russia, all the way to Asia, & China. Strong heat is on Canada to eastern U.S. As such, only smaller heat is on the High Arctic. Vast cold is on siberia, & russia. The high Greenland Ice Sheet, is now -50degC to -60degC. Thus, FAB
(2) slips to only 4degC over the average. Much heat inflow to the High Arctic, from the south is cut off, altho FAB
(2) has passed 200 straight days of existence. At this time FAB
(2) temperature is vulnerable to dropping even further, such that FAB
(2) could end.

This seems to describe the northern hemisphere as having a climate. And most land masses are in the northern hemisphere. This means that most of the oceans/surface water are in the southern hemisphere.
Does this relationship of land/water cause any interaction of note between the northern and southern hemispheres or does the Coriolis effect essentially keep the weather patterns of the northern and southern hemispheres separated?

https://sciencing.com/differences-between-northern-southern-hemisphere-8260091.html
Attached image:

Edited on 01-02-2020 01:35
01-02-2020 20:59
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14366)
Just out of sheer curiosity I saw that litesong posts on CLEANMPG.com. He hasn't really changed. He posted this yesterday:

litesong said: ↑
With lots of heat burning Australia up, the southern hemisphere has even more excess heat to melt 16% of the Antarctica Ice Sheet on Christmas Eve:
https://www.mic.com/p/antarctica-ice-melt-hits-worst-day-on-christmas-eve-2019-19637142
Ocean temperatures at the grounding line of Thwait's Glacier is measured.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/29/climate/thwaites-glacier-melting-antarctica.html

More details from the article:
The researchers, working on the Thwaites Glacier, recorded water temperatures at the base of the ice of more than 2 degrees Celsius, or 3.6 degrees Fahrenheit, above the normal freezing point. Critically, the measurements were taken at the glacier's grounding line, the area where it transitions from resting wholly on bedrock to spreading out on the sea as ice shelves.

Studies have forecast its total collapse in a century and also in a few decades. The presence of warm water in the grounding line may support estimates at the faster range.

That is significant because the Thwaites, along with the Pine Island Glacier and a number of smaller glaciers, acts as a brake on part of the much larger West Antarctic Ice Sheet. Together, the two bigger glaciers are currently holding back ice that, if melted, would raise the world's oceans by more than a meter, or about four feet, over centuries, an amount that would put many coastal cities underwater.

"Warm waters in this part of the world, as remote as they may seem, should serve as a warning to all of us about the potential dire changes to the planet brought about by climate change," said David Holland, a lead researcher on the expedition and director of New York University's Environmental Fluid Dynamics Laboratory.

Now we can say that litesong got one more post on Climate-Debate.

04-02-2020 11:58
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
Now we can say that litesong got one more post on Climate-Debate.
thanks
That was a coherent and well written post. Too bad they're gone.
Page 20 of 20<<<181920

Join the debate Arctic waters not freezing:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Arctic sea ice cover1909-04-2022 08:29
Arctic ice cover202-04-2022 09:26
Polar vortex regains it's shape and position over the Arctic Video!!!501-06-2021 06:54
Is Western Arctic Warming related to Magnetic Pole Movement?817-03-2020 03:59
Warm Waters2023-12-2019 22:20
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact