Remember me
▼ Content

Arctic waters not freezing



Page 10 of 20<<<89101112>>>
16-02-2017 18:35
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
Global sea ice continues lower than normal, but not as wildly divergent as in latter 2016:
https://14adebb0-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/arctischepinguin/home/sea-ice-extent-area/grf/nsidc_global_extent_byyear_b.png?attachauth=ANoY7cqB1WvnPqmbpUNoB6YHNbGm-NAdpW9pGD46PUR5o6jpk7d_PQCuLaXSaFXAbXuH2ytQQEwAQX2sKDQ5FmB9b2jkd9zXQx0kvtfobbDiQAgmcx3sanQAz452Ok-lWeG9QnT8gNQGedr42xTjH-IEc-Sf9DgKwcYICCUYJ-u4K5oEVaek0ssUcFzSvaLUKNNhbKAV5F-JP95kAY93HpkLDoZED9WyhZAwBhTNlNsayPYdrazE8wfqw84ZLhryc8UcOAYhbxs66_aAilb8DYjllweb0f_zdEMOjDx1feB97CRRwRwKnqY%3D&attredirects=0
18-02-2017 01:20
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
litesong wrote: Over days, the Present High Arctic Berserker, PHAB or FAB
has dropped 10degC, now to 5degC over-temperature. Appears further cooling is in order such that FAB
may drop to its lowest level of over-temperature in 156+ days, now with danger its long life could end.

The prediction was correct. FAB
is 4degC above average, now the lowest above average temperature in 157+ days. Lower temperatures are a possibility. Did I say the life of FAB
could be ending? Yes, I did say the life of FAB
could be ending.
19-02-2017 04:40
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
litesong wrote:The prediction was correct. FAB
is 4degC above average, now the lowest above average temperature in 157+ days. Lower temperatures are a possibility. Did I say the life of FAB
could be ending? Yes, I did say the life of FAB
could be ending.

The FAB
temperature has dropped again, this time to 3+degC above the to date average for the High Arctic, the lowest to date anomalous average in 158+ days.
19-02-2017 19:04
Wake
★★★★★
(4027)
GasGuzzler wrote:
I read the article until I got to this.

many of the world's more sensitive species are now being pushed out of their habitats and are undergoing considerable heat-related mortality events...

It's one degree!!

If you believe this you need to have your head examined. I call BS.


Well, that's an AVERAGE of one degree. This actually can mean destruction of habitat. But not nearly so much as man's expansion in the areas where the major animal groups live.

Being told that walruses can't reproduce on sea shores - that they require ice pack is the sort of thing why you simply cannot take "naturalists" seriously.

What do you suppose these True Believers are going to do it this cold winter turns out to be the start of the end of the warm period? The recovery rate of warm to "normal" is quite rapid and it could also have a "minimum" or semi-little ice age as well.

Ten to one we would hear Al Gore and his followers pull and about face again and tell us of death through freezing.
20-02-2017 00:32
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:The prediction was correct. FAB
is 4degC above average, now the lowest above average temperature in 157+ days. Lower temperatures are a possibility. Did I say the life of FAB
could be ending? Yes, I did say the life of FAB
could be ending.

The FAB
temperature has dropped again, this time to 3+degC above the to date average for the High Arctic, the lowest to date anomalous average in 158+ days.

The FAB
temperature has dropped again, this time to 2degC above the to date average for the High Arctic, the lowest to date anomalous average in 159+ days. Another similar drop & the FAB
will have come to an end.
20-02-2017 14:02
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
If the sudden chill in the High Arctic makes ya cold, let warm memories help you thaw:
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/2/10/1632335/-Climate-Crisis-North-Pole-Temp-is-50-F-Above-Normal-amp-Arctic-Sea-Ice-Volume-is-Collapsing
20-02-2017 14:22
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
litesong wrote:
If the sudden chill in the High Arctic makes ya cold, let warm memories help you thaw:
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/2/10/1632335/-Climate-Crisis-North-Pole-Temp-is-50-F-Above-Normal-amp-Arctic-Sea-Ice-Volume-is-Collapsing

I commented on the conditions that drove the North Pole & High Arctic to such violent conditions in this past post from 11-2-2107. Note also, the comment by "badnight" that it was all normal:
litesong wrote:
..... some of that warm front slid off the GIS into the High Arctic. Down slope heating really increased the warm front temperatures as it slid into the territory of the Present High Arctic Berserker or PHAB or FAB
. There's where the quick, strong leap of temperature from 4degC to 11degC came from......Oh, oh! The FAB
is now 13degC over average temperature for the High Arctic. The GIS warm front must still be sliding off the GIS & into the High Arctic.
Looks like the jet stream helped push the warm front off the GIS into the High Arctic. & possibly the previous cold front that was on the GIS was also pushed off the GIS by the jet stream.
The jet stream is transporting warm air from the mid-atlantic states eastward off-shore. After plowing through some cold air, the jet stream moves strongly to the north, quickly delivering the warm air to the Greenland Ice Sheet, then as quickly moving the air into the High Arctic. Yeah, first a cold front is driven off the GIS, replaced by warm air. Then, the warm air is driven off the GIS, into the High Arctic, replaced by more warm air. Its quite the conveyor belt. Looks like the conveyor belt, at its central max speed, is moving 180 to 200+mph.
///////
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner badnight" bluffed: Someday you'll learn how the jet stream actually works....you just MIGHT realize that such north and south excursions are completely normal.
///////
litesong wrote:
Meanwhile, AFTER I presented the INTERESTING (if NOT singular) jet stream transport of southern latitude warm air to the Greenland Ice Sheet & into the High Arctic (on several rapid occasions):
The Present High Arctic Berserker has climbed to an unusual (& VERY INTERESTING), 15degC over average. Before the Present High Arctic Berserker or PHAB or FAB
did its thing last fall, 15degC over average on the nearly 4 million square kilometer High Arctic was accomplished seldom. So.... a mechanism that "old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner badnight" calls completely normal, is being used to do.... "un-normal" things, making a badnight for "badnight".
20-02-2017 14:26
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
Sam Carana added information to Arctic-News:
http://arctic-news.blogspot.com/
20-02-2017 23:19
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:The prediction was correct. FAB
is 4degC above average, now the lowest above average temperature in 157+ days. Lower temperatures are a possibility. Did I say the life of FAB
could be ending? Yes, I did say the life of FAB
could be ending.

The FAB
temperature has dropped again, this time to 3+degC above the to date average for the High Arctic, the lowest to date anomalous average in 158+ days.

The FAB
temperature has dropped again, this time to 2degC above the to date average for the High Arctic, the lowest to date anomalous average in 159+ days. Another similar drop & the FAB
will have come to an end.

The FAB
temperature has dropped again, this time to 1degC above the to date average for the High Arctic, the lowest to date anomalous average in 161 days. The FAB
is on its death bed.
21-02-2017 18:15
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
Here's a sweet Arctic sea ice VOLUME presentation, showing decade by decade VOLUME decline, including 2016 & beginnings of 2017 VOLUME:
https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=95V9E%2bjf&id=4FC0BEEDAF541FE3EDF1A01694FDEE4CCC8A3E34&q=Arctic+Sea+Ice+Volume+Graph+feb+2017&simid=608038143506452087&selectedIndex=9&ajaxhist=0
Lets hear "old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" woofs.
Edited on 21-02-2017 18:17
21-02-2017 22:50
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:The prediction was correct. FAB
is 4degC above average, now the lowest above average temperature in 157+ days. Lower temperatures are a possibility. Did I say the life of FAB
could be ending? Yes, I did say the life of FAB
could be ending.

The FAB
temperature has dropped again, this time to 3+degC above the to date average for the High Arctic, the lowest to date anomalous average in 158+ days.

The FAB
temperature has dropped again, this time to 2degC above the to date average for the High Arctic, the lowest to date anomalous average in 159+ days. Another similar drop & the FAB
will have come to an end.

The FAB
temperature has dropped again, this time to 1degC above the to date average for the High Arctic, the lowest to date anomalous average in 161 days. The FAB
is on its death bed.

FAB
slips to 1/2degC over the to date average, barely hanging to life. If it drops 1degC in the next hours, it should expire. However, if it can extend any further temperature drop to the next day or so, it could hang on, because the average temperature line drops a degC or so over the next number of days.
22-02-2017 23:22
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
[b]litesong wrote: 21-02-2017 21:50...FAB
slips to 1/2degC over the to date average, barely hanging to life. If it drops 1degC in the next hours, it should expire. However, if it can extend any further temperature drop to the next day or so, it could hang on, because the average temperature line drops a degC or so over the next number of days.

Well.... The FAB
DIDN'T drop temperature in the next hours, but waited almost a day to drop another degree. With its temperature now descending into a small "temperature gulley", FAB
still hangs onto life.
23-02-2017 00:03
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
litesong wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
litesong wrote:But, all your cartoon characters look like T-rump, Steve Bannon, or General Flynn.

Like ass-kickers who get the job done and who win.

"Sieg Heil" & the white nationalists salute in their meeting. Numbers doubled & growing since T-rump came on the scene. All in the spirits of Strom Thurmond, Jesse Helms, Jeff Sessions, Gen. Flynn, Steve Bannon, & T-rump.
Meanwhile, the High Arctic Berserker has extended to 75 days over "average" temperatures.


Update: Hate groups have now tripled, since "Don'T rump" came on the political scene & will continue to grow. Lots of threats to Islamics, Jews (& their gravesites), Blacks, Native Tribes & anyone that can be defined as a minority (altho hate groups also & mostly keep THEIR women at home). The problem with hate groups is they have to consider themselves the minority in the future & will have to disband. That's why they work so hard TODAY.
More updates: There are increasing reports that "Don'T rump" is mentally ill. At least one determination is that he is the most mentally ill a person can be & still be elected President. It is helpful to "Don'T rump" that all re-pubic-lick-uns have the same disease, to one level or another. The lesser afflicted re-pubic-lick-uns can help "Don'T rump" thru his bad days..... which are ALL his days.

Meanwhile, the Present High Arctic Berserker, or PHAB or FAB
has extended to 163+ straight days over "average" temperatures.
Edited on 23-02-2017 00:03
23-02-2017 18:42
Wake
★★★★★
(4027)
The same thing that has caused the increased rain and snow into the lower states has reduced the cold weather and normal snowfall into the Arctic areas. If you look at http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/ you will find the the area has not been particularly warm. That the result of the reduced pack ice is the lack of snowfall.

And looking at the previous years you will find that they are withing the normal variation of previous years. Reduced Arctic ice pack? Yes.

Meanwhile there is so much snow in the Sierra Nevadas that the ski resorts intend to stay open into June and possibly July. In one location there is 137 feet of snow. And the usual doom-sayers are crying "WHAT IF IT ALL MELTS AT ONCE?"

Perhaps it's time to realize that weather events are not unusual?
23-02-2017 19:14
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steekin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" woofs: And the usual doom-sayers are crying "WHAT IF IT ALL MELTS AT ONCE?"

AGW places more energy in the atmosphere, including more localized heat, more localized drought, more localized phase-change, infra-red energy absorbing GHG water vapor(which is controlled by man-made, non-phase change, infra-red energy absorbing GHGs CO2, methane, nitrous oxides, SF6, other GHGs), more affecting jet stream actions. It is obvious, that more recent AGW heat, more uncontrolled precipitation in the forms of rain & snow & more jet stream inter-actions are less controllable than less heat, less wildly uncontrolled precipitation in the forms of rain & snow & less jet stream inter-actions.
The recent nearly breached California dams are only one example. communist china(always small letters) already have had serial dam collapses in their country due to increasing AGW effects.
AGW effects will only continue to accelerate.
In 2016, the Present High Arctic Berserker, PHAB, or FAB
was the first time that temperatures over 4 million square kilometers went to 20degC over-temperature, way higher than other over-temperatures in 55+ years of satellite data. The PHAB or FAB
is presently continuing at 163+ days of existence. This led Arctic sea ice to devastating slowdowns of ice gains (& even losses) during generally powerful ice gain time periods. More to come.
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steekin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" only proves it is an old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steekin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner.
Edited on 23-02-2017 19:24
23-02-2017 22:45
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
litesong wrote:
[b]litesong wrote: 21-02-2017 21:50...FAB
slips to 1/2degC over the to date average, barely hanging to life. If it drops 1degC in the next hours, it should expire. However, if it can extend any further temperature drop to the next day or so, it could hang on, because the average temperature line drops a degC or so over the next number of days.

Well.... The FAB
DIDN'T drop temperature in the next hours, but waited almost a day to drop another degree. With its temperature now descending into a small "temperature gulley", FAB
still hangs onto life.

The FAB
temperature fell a long ways & over a short time period.... not unheard of. However, after existing for 160+ days, FAB
was within half a degC & a few hours from expiring. However, its temperature didn't fall immediately to the average temperature line & now has rebounded a bit to 2.5degC over-temperature. Being the average temperature line, it would be normal for FAB
not to wander far from the average. But these days display NOT the Arctic "normal" & we will see what further excursions from the average FAB
can display.
24-02-2017 05:25
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
litesong wrote: The FAB
temperature fell a long ways & over a short time period.... not unheard of. However, after existing for 160+ days, FAB
was within half a degC & a few hours from expiring. However, its temperature didn't fall immediately to the average temperature line & now has rebounded a bit to 2.5degC over-temperature. Being the average temperature line, it would be normal for FAB
not to wander far from the average. But these days display NOT the Arctic "normal" & we will see what further excursions from the average FAB
can display.

Strengthening indicators show re-establishment of warmer temperatures on the High Arctic. Instead of the Present High Arctic Berserker or PHAB or FAB
coming to an end after being on an extended death bed, FAB
is now free to extend & extrapolate its record heat. As of now, FAB
over-temperature heat time period is three times (MORE likely 4 times?) greater than over-temperature time periods of the latter 1950's & early 1960's.
01-03-2017 04:04
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote: The FAB
temperature fell a long ways & over a short time period.... not unheard of. However, after existing for 160+ days, FAB
was within half a degC & a few hours from expiring. However, its temperature didn't fall immediately to the average temperature line & now has rebounded a bit to 2.5degC over-temperature. Being the average temperature line, it would be normal for FAB
not to wander far from the average. But these days display NOT the Arctic "normal" & we will see what further excursions from the average FAB
can display.

Strengthening indicators show re-establishment of warmer temperatures on the High Arctic. Instead of the Present High Arctic Berserker or PHAB or FAB
coming to an end after being on an extended death bed, FAB
is now free to extend & extrapolate its record heat. As of now, FAB
over-temperature heat time period is three times (MORE likely 4 times?) greater than over-temperature time periods of the latter 1950's & early 1960's.

Much battling between cold & warm High Arctic fronts contending over the life of FAB
. As stated, FAB
lifted off its deathbed. Altho the fronts still are set against each other, FAB
now is 5+ to 6degC over average, & extends its life to 170+ days, ~ 3 to 4 TIMES longer than over-temperature High Arctic periods in the late 1950's to early 1960's.
Edited on 01-03-2017 04:32
01-03-2017 18:03
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
1-31-17:
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote: The warm western component now is on the U.S. Dakotas & Montana, & extends northwest, increasing powerfully in Canada, Yukon, northern Alaska, & onto the southern Arctic Ocean north of Alaska & eastern Siberia.....The eastern warm component has shifted to northeastern Canada, & onto the Davis Strait, & southern Greenland, chasing the Greenland Ice Sheet cold front to the shores of North & East Greenland shores, the Greenland Sea, Svalbard & Iceland. Forecasts indicate the FAB
& the previous Ice Sheet cold should continue to battle. Some warmth from the south may take over one footing of the cold on Iceland.

Warmth DID take over Iceland & the past cold front on the Greenland Ice Sheet is thinned & jammed on eastern & northern shores of Greenland. The western warm component has thickened at its northeast end north of eastern Siberia, extending toward the North Pole. The warmth that spans from Scandinavia to western Siberia, appears to extend toward the North Pole region, too. But so far, the Present High Arctic Berserker or PHAB or FAB
appears NOT to be strengthened.
Also, west of the western warm component (which extends to north of eastern Siberia on the Arctic Ocean), a west coast Canadian cold front is developing (which formed from previous cold that was over the western U.S.) & may align along the western warm component.
Wow! This might continue, i understand.

Early Spring is springing in the Northern Hemisphere, & strong in the High Arctic:
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/mar/01/northern-hemisphere-sees-in-early-spring-due-global-warming
Even in the Pacific Northwest, which has low winter temps & lots of mountain snow due to colder than normal winter Northeast Pacific waters, there are little signs that growth is trying to start. Ten days ago in mid to latter February, I was binocular scanning a prominent hillside opposite the wild life birding sanctuary at 20 power. I noted what I thought was very faint haziness in the optic, but the optic was OK. Looking again, it was the accumulating light from billions of tiniest buds glowing in the air, not at all registered by eyes, alone. The signs of spring were the untick.
01-03-2017 18:32
GasGuzzler
★★★★☆
(1382)
I don't know why I do it, it's a waste of time. But again I found myself reading an article you posted. I read until I found the bold face lie. It was pretty easy today. The article you posted would like to blame declining Caribou numbers on global warming. The truth is in the article below. The numbers have been increasing for decades and so more hunting permits have been issued in recent years to manage the herd. Nice try.

http://www.alaskapublic.org/2012/08/08/booming-caribou-population-prompts-fish-and-game-to-issue-more-hunting-permits/


I think people screw me over because they don't want to see someone willing to put out the effort that they won't.~James~
Edited on 01-03-2017 18:33
01-03-2017 20:32
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1295)
GasGuzzler wrote:
I don't know why I do it, it's a waste of time. But again I found myself reading an article you posted. I read until I found the bold face lie. It was pretty easy today. The article you posted would like to blame declining Caribou numbers on global warming. The truth is in the article below. The numbers have been increasing for decades and so more hunting permits have been issued in recent years to manage the herd. Nice try.

http://www.alaskapublic.org/2012/08/08/booming-caribou-population-prompts-fish-and-game-to-issue-more-hunting-permits/


Yep, you have nailed the AGW thing.

Whatever they throw at you when you investigate it it will fall down the stairs.
01-03-2017 21:02
Wake
★★★★★
(4027)
Tim the plumber wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
I don't know why I do it, it's a waste of time. But again I found myself reading an article you posted. I read until I found the bold face lie. It was pretty easy today. The article you posted would like to blame declining Caribou numbers on global warming. The truth is in the article below. The numbers have been increasing for decades and so more hunting permits have been issued in recent years to manage the herd. Nice try.

http://www.alaskapublic.org/2012/08/08/booming-caribou-population-prompts-fish-and-game-to-issue-more-hunting-permits/


Yep, you have nailed the AGW thing.

Whatever they throw at you when you investigate it it will fall down the stairs.


And no doubt high on illegal drugs.
01-03-2017 21:45
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
Wake wrote:
Tim the plumber wrote:
[b]GasGuzzler wrote:The numbers have been increasing for decades and so more hunting permits have been issued in recent years to manage the herd. Nice try.

http://www.alaskapublic.org/2012/08/08/booming-caribou-population-prompts-fish-and-game-to-issue-more-hunting-permits/

Yep, you have nailed the AGW thing.
Whatever they throw at you when you investigate it it will fall down the stairs.

And no doubt high on illegal drugs.

Ha ha ha..... one Ha for each of you AGW denier liar whiners. Quoting a five year solution to an old problem doesn't solve what is going on today.
Ketchun ya all AGW denier liar whiners up ta speed in thisan later Rtickle:
http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=pressreleases.pr11162016_caribou
Quotin' da Rtickle:
A drop in the Central Arctic caribou herd from 50,000 animals three years ago to around 22,000 in 2016 may lead to shorter hunting seasons and smaller bag limits in 2017. Reasons for the decline aren't completely understood, but hunting is not thought to be a factor.
///////
Of course, the even later article I posted tells the reason for the drop in Caribou. Ya all AGW denier liar whiners got flop sweat all ov'r ya.... fer shore!
01-03-2017 21:54
Wake
★★★★★
(4027)
http://www.climatedepot.com/2016/01/12/satellites-no-global-warming-at-all-for-18-years-8-months/
01-03-2017 22:01
Wake
★★★★★
(4027)
https://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/environment/item/22269-hiding-the-hiatus-global-warming-on-pause
01-03-2017 22:04
Wake
★★★★★
(4027)
http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017/02/how-culture-clash-noaa-led-flap-over-high-profile-warming-pause-study
01-03-2017 22:05
Wake
★★★★★
(4027)
http://www.icecap.us/
01-03-2017 22:07
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
[b]Wake wrote:http://www.climatedepot.com/2016/01/12/satellites-no-global-warming-at-all-for-18-years-8-months/

Quotin' Christopher Monckton gets ya three Ha ha ha's all fer yerself. From Sourcewatch:
Christopher Monckton is a non-scientist AGW denier, who has had articles published in The Guardian and in a non-peer-reviewed newsletter[1] of the American Physical Society (whose Council subsequently disagreed with Monckton's conclusions)[1] claiming that global warming is neither man-made nor likely to be catastrophic. Monckton has made various false claims in the past such as that he is a member of the British House of Lords.[2], a Nobel Prize winner, inventor of a cure for HIV, winner of a defamation case against George Monbiot and writer of a peer-reviewed article. He was deputy leader of the far right United Kingdom Independence Party (UKIP) before being sacked from the party in 2013.
//////
All yer other R-tickles r just AGW denier liar whiner crib sheets from U-knee-vir-city classes ya didna pass anyhow.
Edited on 01-03-2017 22:23
01-03-2017 22:11
Wake
★★★★★
(4027)
https://www.cfact.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/CFACT-Climate-Truth-File-2016.pdf
01-03-2017 22:14
Wake
★★★★★
(4027)
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor/2015/02/25/cold-and-snow-destroy-global-warming-claims/#4280ed494c22
01-03-2017 22:34
Wake
★★★★★
(4027)
An August 7, 2007, peer-reviewed study by the UK Met Office, Britain's version of our National Weather Service, conceded that global warming had stopped as well. Both the journal Nature and UK Met Office analysis which appeared in the journal Science predict a continuation of global warming in future years. [Note: Hyping yet more unproven computer models of the future in response to inconvenient evidence-based data is the primary tool of the promoters of man-made climate doom. But it now appears that even these computer model scenarios are failing to predict a man-made climate "crisis." Even the activists over at RealClimate.org admitted on April 10 that climate models were not "forecasts" or "predictions" but rather "scenarios."
01-03-2017 22:38
Wake
★★★★★
(4027)
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/146138/100-reasons-why-climate-change-is-natural
01-03-2017 22:41
Wake
★★★★★
(4027)
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1d/Post-Glacial_Sea_Level.png
01-03-2017 22:45
Wake
★★★★★
(4027)
http://www.isthereglobalcooling.com/
01-03-2017 23:59
Surface Detail
★★★★☆
(1673)
GasGuzzler wrote:
I don't know why I do it, it's a waste of time. But again I found myself reading an article you posted. I read until I found the bold face lie. It was pretty easy today. The article you posted would like to blame declining Caribou numbers on global warming. The truth is in the article below. The numbers have been increasing for decades and so more hunting permits have been issued in recent years to manage the herd. Nice try.

http://www.alaskapublic.org/2012/08/08/booming-caribou-population-prompts-fish-and-game-to-issue-more-hunting-permits/

You might try subjecting Wake and Tim's posts to the same scrutiny, rather than simply believing everything they say because it is what you want to believe.
02-03-2017 00:01
IBdaMann
★★★★★
(4578)
Wake wrote: An August 7, 2007, peer-reviewed study by the UK Met Office,

Who were the specific people who peer reviewed the study?

Wake wrote: . Both the journal Nature and UK Met Office analysis which appeared in the journal Science predict a continuation of global warming in future years.

Did the article establish that there actually was any Global Warming?


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
02-03-2017 00:19
Wake
★★★★★
(4027)
IBdaMann wrote:
Wake wrote: An August 7, 2007, peer-reviewed study by the UK Met Office,

Who were the specific people who peer reviewed the study?

Wake wrote: . Both the journal Nature and UK Met Office analysis which appeared in the journal Science predict a continuation of global warming in future years.

Did the article establish that there actually was any Global Warming?


The object wasn't to prove or disprove AGW. It was to look into whether the claims of the warming pause were true. And to the best of their opinions there was a pause and reports of it's death were incorrect.
02-03-2017 00:42
Surface Detail
★★★★☆
(1673)
Wake wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Wake wrote: An August 7, 2007, peer-reviewed study by the UK Met Office,

Who were the specific people who peer reviewed the study?

Wake wrote: . Both the journal Nature and UK Met Office analysis which appeared in the journal Science predict a continuation of global warming in future years.

Did the article establish that there actually was any Global Warming?


The object wasn't to prove or disprove AGW. It was to look into whether the claims of the warming pause were true. And to the best of their opinions there was a pause and reports of it's death were incorrect.

How about a link to the actual paper in question so that we can determine for ourselves what the aims and conclusions of the paper were?
02-03-2017 03:31
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote: The FAB
temperature fell a long ways & over a short time period.... not unheard of. However, after existing for 160+ days, FAB
was within half a degC & a few hours from expiring. However, its temperature didn't fall immediately to the average temperature line & now has rebounded a bit to 2.5degC over-temperature. Being the average temperature line, it would be normal for FAB
not to wander far from the average. But these days display NOT the Arctic "normal" & we will see what further excursions from the average FAB
can display.

Strengthening indicators show re-establishment of warmer temperatures on the High Arctic. Instead of the Present High Arctic Berserker or PHAB or FAB
coming to an end after being on an extended death bed, FAB
is now free to extend & extrapolate its record heat. As of now, FAB
over-temperature heat time period is three times (MORE likely 4 times?) greater than over-temperature time periods of the latter 1950's & early 1960's.

Much battling between cold & warm High Arctic fronts contending over the life of FAB
. As stated, FAB
lifted off its deathbed. Altho the fronts still are set against each other, FAB
now is 5+ to 6degC over average, & extends its life to 170+ days, ~ 3 to 4 TIMES longer than over-temperature High Arctic periods in the late 1950's to early 1960's.

FAB
rises to 6+degC. tho major cold fronts try to move into the High Arctic. Presently, 3 warm fronts contend against only 1 cold front for dominance in the High Arctic. However, the cold front is BBBIIIGGGGGG. Covering almost all of Canada & much of west U.S., including Alaska, the fight could be considered even.
Edited on 02-03-2017 03:54
02-03-2017 14:07
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote: The FAB
temperature fell a long ways & over a short time period.... not unheard of. However, after existing for 160+ days, FAB
was within half a degC & a few hours from expiring. However, its temperature didn't fall immediately to the average temperature line & now has rebounded a bit to 2.5degC over-temperature. Being the average temperature line, it would be normal for FAB
not to wander far from the average. But these days display NOT the Arctic "normal" & we will see what further excursions from the average FAB
can display.

Strengthening indicators show re-establishment of warmer temperatures on the High Arctic. Instead of the Present High Arctic Berserker or PHAB or FAB
coming to an end after being on an extended death bed, FAB
is now free to extend & extrapolate its record heat. As of now, FAB
over-temperature heat time period is three times (MORE likely 4 times?) greater than over-temperature time periods of the latter 1950's & early 1960's.

Much battling between cold & warm High Arctic fronts contending over the life of FAB
. As stated, FAB
lifted off its deathbed. Altho the fronts still are set against each other, FAB
now is 5+ to 6degC over average, & extends its life to 170+ days, ~ 3 to 4 TIMES longer than over-temperature High Arctic periods in the late 1950's to early 1960's.

FAB
rises to 6+degC. over average, tho major cold fronts try to move into the High Arctic. Presently, 3 warm fronts contend against only 1 cold front for dominance in the High Arctic. However, the cold front is BBBIIIGGGGGG. Covering almost all of Canada & much of west U.S., including Alaska, the fight could be considered even.

FAB
now rises to 7degC over-average in the High Arctic, strengthening this longest lived High Arctic over-temperature FAB
, now 172+ days (on its way to & past 200+ days?).
Edited on 02-03-2017 14:09
Page 10 of 20<<<89101112>>>





Join the debate Arctic waters not freezing:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Temperatures leap 40 degrees above normal as the Arctic Ocean and Greenland ice sheet see record June mel318-06-2019 06:22
Mike Pompeo: Melting Arctic Ice Presents New Trade Opportunities028-05-2019 15:33
2019 Arctic sea ice wintertime extent is seventh lowest005-05-2019 13:50
Arctic's melting permafrost will cost nearly $70 trillion, study finds101-05-2019 21:12
The mechanism of the vertical circulation of the waters of the oceans301-05-2019 20:48
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2019 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact