Remember me
▼ Content

Arctic waters not freezing

Page 6 of 20<<<45678>>>
24-01-2017 10:35
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
IBdaMann wrote: I went to Trump's inauguration.

The women, T-rump savaged, buried T-rump's poop with vast put-away protest numbers across the country. Estimates of 1 American in 100 organized & gathered at the assemblys. Indeed, the poop that will bury T-rump is of his own making.
Edited on 24-01-2017 10:39
24-01-2017 21:21
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14377)
litesong wrote: Indeed, the poop that will bury T-rump is of his own making.

litesong, my friend, don't you think it's a little late to be discussing what will bury Trump?

Did I mention that he's the President of the United States? Did you see how he batted Hillary aside? Did you see how he batted all the Republican candidates aside? Did you see how Trump sent the media to go stand in the corner?

Nobody's going to be burying Trump anytime soon.

Let's take a blast from the recent past:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xAUiaMpJvc

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
25-01-2017 00:12
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
Global sea ice extent is the lowest its ever been recorded.
https://www.newscientist.com/article/2118093-global-sea-ice-is-at-lowest-level-ever-recorded/
We'll see how T-rump's new "sigh-ants" (polit unscience... including alternative facts) will diverge from truth..... global cooling starts next month. The White House website has expunged mention of man-made global warming, replacing it with exxon propaganda pr poop. Suspect many top scientists will explore employment in foreign countries. U.S. advanced science explorations of Earth have & will grind to a halt.
Edited on 25-01-2017 00:15
25-01-2017 00:31
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
IBdaMann wrote:
litesong wrote: Indeed, the poop that will bury T-rump is of his own making.

....don't you think it's a little late to be discussing what will bury Trump? Did I mention that he's the President of the United States?

T-rump has buried himself under pounds & feet of poop 'n poo, already & it don't matta if'n he got a title. It is a matter of how many tons & miles of poop 'n poo, he'll finally end under.
25-01-2017 01:23
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
litesong wrote:
https://www.newscientist.com/article/2118093-global-sea-ice-is-at-lowest-level-ever-recorded/
We'll see how T-rump's new "sigh-ants" (polit unscience... including alternative facts) will diverge from truth..... global cooling starts next month. The White House website has expunged mention of man-made global warming, replacing it with exxon propaganda pr poop. Suspect many top scientists will explore employment in foreign countries. U.S. advanced science explorations of Earth have & will grind to a halt.

T-rump's crush of science:
Step One) https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/trump-administration-restricts-news-from-federal-scientists-at-usda-epa/
25-01-2017 03:22
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:

Step One) https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/trump-administration-restricts-news-from-federal-scientists-at-usda-epa/

Nat'l Park steps up against T-rump's Step One:
http://www.sfgate.com/local/politics/article/Badlands-National-Park-goes-rogue-on-Trump-10880945.php
25-01-2017 05:15
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:

http://www.sfgate.com/local/politics/article/Badlands-National-Park-goes-rogue-on-Trump-10880945.php

Step Two strategy?).... Any report part of the Larsen C Ice Shelf breaking away from Antarctica will be delayed 2 years. T-rump wanted to delay it 4 years, but thought the longer delay wouldn't work, when a thousand Gigaton iceberg showed up on one country's (two countries?) shoreline(s).
25-01-2017 05:28
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Trump has been president for 4 days.

Obama was dictator 1920 days.

Definitely blame Trump for that ckunko ice.
25-01-2017 22:30
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:

Step Two strategy?).... Any report part of the Larsen C Ice Shelf breaking away from Antarctica will be delayed 2 years. T-rump wanted to delay it 4 years, but thought the longer delay wouldn't work, when a thousand Gigaton iceberg showed up on one country's (two countries?) shoreline(s).

Now that the U.S. is out of the way, other countries can lead forward with proper climate & research procedures:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/21/business/dealbook/world-economic-forum-davos-climate-energy.html?_r=0
25-01-2017 22:44
(14377)
litesong wrote: It is a matter of how many tons & miles of poop 'n poo, [Trump]'ll finally end under.

Hey litesong buddy, what's your prediction?

For my part, I'm noticing that he's looking pretty squeaky clean after just a few days in office. Trump is shaking and moving, ... the only chit is the chit he's getting done.

How's Trump looking from the State of Washington?

Meanwhile the AGW Berserker rages in the Arctic and no one can do anything about it. It's a good thing for me that I'm down here and not up there.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
26-01-2017 01:45
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleazy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner i b da no-sigh-ants mann" muffed:.. he's looking pretty squeaky clean...

His scheduled censorship is right on....... schedule.
Now, some extra suppression of Native Tribes on the North Dakota pipeline.
Good that you prove you are an old sick silly sleepy sleazy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner.
Edited on 26-01-2017 01:50
26-01-2017 15:28
(14377)
litesong wrote:
"old sick silly sleepy sleazy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner i b da no-sigh-ants mann" muffed:.. he's looking pretty squeaky clean...

Good that you prove you are an old sick silly sleepy sleazy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner.

Thanks litesong for that candid response. I don't think any "native tribes" should be able to hold our economy hostage any more than I think warmizombies should.

Build the pipeline and let the oil flow! Flow, baby flow!

You want a better economy as opposed to a crappy one, yes?

26-01-2017 18:05
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
litesong wrote:

I don't think any "native tribes" should be able to hold our economy hostage...

Native Tribe "Water Protecters" protecting their water. Ah, that's right. Even U.S. gov'ts give bad water to their own people. No T-rump gov't is gonna protect steenkin' Native Tribal waters. Specially since ya ken shoot them, spray them with water in sub-zero temps, & sic bloody toothed dogs on them. What... you sign up to be one of the shooters & didn't get picked? Now, you're feelin' cheated? You do like your name, "old sick silly sleepy sleazy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner i b da no sigh-ants mann".
Edited on 26-01-2017 18:12
27-01-2017 06:12
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
litesong wrote:But FAB
sent cold Arctic air to Alaska & some to Greenland, where off-shore extra sea ice has formed. Also, FAB
transferred some energy to mid to east Canada & heating appropriately:
http://www.lfpress.com/2017/01/22/london-weather-anything-possible-in-heat-wave

Ah... ya thot the Present High Arctic Berserkers or PHAB or FAB
heated atmosphere & water well. Well!! The FAB
sent cold air to Alaska & Greenland.... well! Ya heard Alaska got to - 59degF. But one Greenland area in the Ice Sheets seems cozy at -55degC. or lower. Some sea ice west of northern Ellesmere Island is 5 meters thick or more(?).... & & & I found a sea ice spot, east of Greenland, BELOW the 80th parallel that was 5 meters thick.
Edited on 27-01-2017 07:05
27-01-2017 17:59
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
litesong wrote: The Present High Arctic Berserker, PHAB or FAB
, has stretched its life to ~ 130 to 145 straight days in a row, & is now ~ 13degC above average High Arctic temperature. The Present High Arctic Berserker, PHAB or FAB
, appears to be on its way to 150(+?) straight days of over-average High Arctic temperatures. 200 straight days could be possible.

Around 65 days existence of the Present High Arctic Berserker, PHAB or FAB
(High Arctic over-temperatures), I had predicted that FAB
could reach 150 straight days of over-temperatures. Well..... if NOT for one questionable day, FAB
would now be 153 straight days long. With that one day in consideration, the FAB
is still 138 straight days long. Presently idling at 4degC over temperature, FAB
recently sent some -59degC temps to Alaska, the cold, which has now moved west to eastern Siberia. Presently, deep longer lasting cold plunked down on the Greenland Ice Sheet. Yeah... way deeper cold than is average, even on the Ice Sheet! Anyhow, the deep cold on Alaska & Greenland blunted the FAB
, as Arctic sea ice gained strongly this latter January.
Not to forget, mid to eastern Canada has had as high as 20degC over-temperatures for 2(?) weeks & northern Scandinavia, Russia & western Siberia have above average temperatures. Yes, that Alaskan cold that moved over to Eastern Siberia is doing battle with the entrenched western Siberian warmth now.
We'll see if the FAB
can exist much longer.
Edited on 27-01-2017 18:01
27-01-2017 21:57
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
litesong wrote:... that Alaskan cold that moved over to Eastern Siberia....

The difference between Fairbanks' low temperature nine days ago & present low temperature, is 50+degF.
Edited on 27-01-2017 22:07
29-01-2017 16:24
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
litesong wrote:....the deep cold on Alaska & Greenland blunted the FAB
, as Arctic sea ice gained strongly this latter January.
Not to forget, mid to eastern Canada has had as high as 20degC over-temperatures for 2(?) weeks & northern Scandinavia, Russia & western Siberia have above average temperatures. Yes, that Alaskan cold that moved over to Eastern Siberia is doing battle with the entrenched western Siberian warmth now.
We'll see if the FAB
can exist much longer.

While the past cold of Alaska has shifted to eastern Siberia, a powerful warm front that was on mid to eastern Canada, tailing into the mid & eastern U.S., has split into eastern & western components. The warm western component now is on the U.S. Dakotas & Montana, & extends northwest, increasing powerfully in Canada, Yukon, northern Alaska, & onto the southern Arctic Ocean north of Alaska & eastern Siberia. The eastern Siberian cold is edged on three sides by warmth.
The eastern warm component has shifted to northeastern Canada, & onto the Davis Strait, & southern Greenland, chasing the Greenland Ice Sheet cold front to the shores of North Greenland, terrain of the Present High Arctic Berserker, or PHAB or FAB
, & to East Greenland shores, the Greenland Sea, Svalbard & Iceland. Possibly, the Greenland Ice Sheet cold front is suffering from downslope heating & motion onto warmer ice surfaces, as it appears to reduce in size & intensity. It is nearly surrounded by warmth.
If the previous Greenland Ice Sheet cold could or would have moved directly to the North Pole, I think the FAB
would have come to an end of its life.
Forecasts indicate the FAB
& the previous Ice Sheet cold should continue to battle. Some warmth from the south may take over one footing of the cold on Iceland.
Edited on 29-01-2017 17:03
29-01-2017 19:00
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
Excellent Arctic image from the Guardian:
https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2017/jan/19/what-should-be-pristine-white-is-littered-with-blue-timo-liebers-arctic-photography
Edited on 29-01-2017 19:01
29-01-2017 19:54
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
On Climate Denial Crock of the Week, Peter Sinclair interviews Jennifer Francis, about Arctic warming.
https://climatecrocks.com/2017/01/16/jennifer-francis-a-new-arctic-feedback/
Both Poles are generally dry, at times, even designated deserts, due to lack of precipitation. But Jennifer Francis determines extra GHG water vapor is being transported to the Arctic, along with southern excess AGW energy. Her presentation is excellent.
AGW denier liar whiners often mention GHG water vapor, as an anti-AGW argument, being more powerful than other GHGs, such as CO2 & methane. What AGW denier liar whiners will NOT accept, is phase change, infra-red energy absorbing GHG water vapor is controlled by increasing levels of man-made NON-phase change GHG infra-red energy aborbing CO2, methane, & other increasing man-made NON-phase change GHG infra-red energy absorbing gases.
With that in mind, Jennifer Francis's presentation is easily seen as the workings of AGW.
But AGW denier liar whiners will pretend they do NOT understand & will continue their AGW denier liar whiner tactics.
Edited on 29-01-2017 20:02
30-01-2017 02:44
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
litesong wrote: The White House website has expunged mention of man-made global warming, replacing it with exxon propaganda pr poop. Suspect many top scientists will explore employment in foreign countries. U.S. advanced science explorations of Earth have & will grind to a halt.

One other method to avoid becoming a T-rump science lakey besides foreign employment, is to follow the example of Josefino "Joey" Comiso. After 40 years of excellent science for NASA, he is... retiring, so he can continue his science work.... not under the idiot thumb of T-rump.
30-01-2017 04:17
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
litesong wrote:... a powerful warm front that was on mid to eastern Canada, tailing into the mid & eastern U.S., has split into eastern & western components. The warm western component now is on the U.S. Dakotas & Montana, & extends northwest.... The eastern warm component has shifted to northeastern Canada, & onto the Davis Strait, & southern Greenland.....

The above post talked of weather away from the U.S.
Now, however, the split between the warming front components is allowing below normal temperatures to move south, creating snowy weather in the U.S. The colder temperatures come from..... part of the Greenland Ice Sheet cold, which, in general, is being pushed northeast off Greenland, & is doing battle with the Present High Arctic Berserker or PHAB or FAB
Edited on 30-01-2017 04:25
30-01-2017 06:29
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:... a powerful warm front that was on mid to eastern Canada, tailing into the mid & eastern U.S., has split into eastern & western components. The warm western component now is on the U.S. Dakotas & Montana, & extends northwest.... The eastern warm component has shifted to northeastern Canada, & onto the Davis Strait, & southern Greenland.....

The above post talked of weather away from the U.S.
Now, however, the split between the warming front components is allowing below normal temperatures to move south, creating snowy weather in the U.S. The colder temperatures come from..... part of the Greenland Ice Sheet cold, which, in general, is being pushed northeast off Greenland, & is doing battle with the Present High Arctic Berserker or PHAB or FAB

So why doesn't it snow every time cold moves south? right down the middle between two parts of a northward advancing warm front flanking each side of the southward moving cold...have I got that right?

I know it's a factually incorrect mess, I'm just trying to get a handle on what it is you'r trying to actually tell me. I know the price of burritos will soon skyrocket and you're eating a ton of them now, but you shouldn't post again until you can get clear of you own methane cloud.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
30-01-2017 08:00
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleazy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner gasguzlr & gazmuflr" gushed:...why doesn't it snow every time cold moves south?

From my comments above, "Both Poles are generally dry, at times, even designated deserts, due to lack of precipitation. But Jennifer Francis determines extra GHG water vapor is being transported to the Arctic, along with southern excess AGW energy."
Altho Ms. Francis talks about more water vapor in the Arctic, that is a relative term. As stated, the Poles are desert areas. Bumping up precipitation by say, 5% or 10%, still would mean incoming Arctic weather would only have the capability of precipitation of ~ 11 inches of rain per year, still dry air for southern climes used to 30 to 40+ inches of rain a year. Only by encountering wet fronts from the Pacific Ocean or the Gulf of Mexico, would a south proceeding Arctic cold front be able to produce snow in any great temperate zone quantities.
Of course, "old sick silly sleepy sleazy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner gasguzlr & gazmuflr" knew all this. It circles around with questions to see if it can make someone stumble. & if it or other AGW denier liar whiners get no answer because AGW denier liar whiners are slimeballs, they declare AGW denier liar whiners the winner. AGW denier liar whiners earn their full names, old sick silly sleepy sleazy slimy steenkin' AGW denier liar whiners.
30-01-2017 16:42
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleazy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner gasgzlr & gazmuflr" gushed: I'm just trying to get a handle on what it is you'r(sic) trying to... tell me.

I thot the contention between the recent strong cold in Alaska & Greenland & the simultaneous strong heat in Canada, Europe, Russia & Siberia was interesting. Some of our local meteorologists can really get wound up at times.
30-01-2017 16:42
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Jennifer Francis is not a meteorologist, nor should she pretend to be one. She may consider talking with one about this heap of hooey.

She admits that water vapor is the majority of greenhouse gas, so now the narrative must be changed again.

With increasing frequency, we're now "learning" that the CO2 is actually increasing the water vapor.

What will it be tomorrow?

Jennifer Francis, I love your scare tactics and then "please send me money". Classic crap.
30-01-2017 16:53
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleazy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner gasgzlr & gazmuflr" gushed: ...we're now "learning" that the CO2 is actually increasing the water vapor.

Nah. We've known about that for decades(longer?). Its AGW denier liar whiners who willfully do NOT understand that phase change infra-red energy absorbing GHG water vapor quantities are controlled by increasing quantities of non-phase change, man-made infra-red energy absorbing GHGs, CO2, methane, oxides of nitrogen & other man-made infra-red energy absorbing GHGs.
You're very late to the party. You've been too busy being an old sick silly sleepy sleazy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner.
Edited on 30-01-2017 17:04
30-01-2017 17:00
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
No, I've just heard it verbally on the "news" like 3 times this past week. Almost as if it's a new bullet point.

What is the time period you're talking about with this cold Alaska/warm Canada/cold Greenland? I would like to look at some GFS data.
30-01-2017 17:13
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleazy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner gasgzlr & gazmuflr" gushed:What is the time period you're talking about with this cold Alaska/warm Canada/cold Greenland? I would like to look at some GFS data.

All I was doin' was talking 'bout da short term weder, thinkin' it interestin'. Had nuthin' ta do with Jennifer Francis. Go explore yerself. Like I said, some of our local meteorologists can really get wound up at times. & so be you!
Edited on 30-01-2017 17:16
30-01-2017 18:10
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
I did watch the Jennifer Francis video. She would like to blame CO2 for the increase water vapor.
Fine, if I give her that, then common sense tells me it's winter time and with more moisture in the air, then anytime it snows, it should snow just a little more in amount and coverage. More snow would then then be more UV reflection. Should be a wash or even a positive...Right? No? Why?
30-01-2017 19:39
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleazy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner gasguzlr & gazmuflr" gushed: She would like to blame CO2 for the increase water vapor.... then... more moisture in the air, then anytime it snows, it should snow just a little more

First, its science principle, not Jennifer Francis that CO2 quantity controls water vapor quantity. "old sick silly sleepy sleazy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner gasguzlr & gazmuflr" with no science chemistry astronomy physics algebra or pre-calc in an unearned hi skule DEE-plooomaa & little background on man-made non-phase change GHGs, that knows it can extrapolate from there.

"old sick silly sleepy sleazy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner gasguzlr & gazmuflr" earns its name.
30-01-2017 19:45
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
litesong wrote:
CO2 quantity controls water vapor quantity.

I thought it was temperature controlling vapor quantity. Now which is it? Let's see here.....today is Mon the 30...even number day.....mmmmm....I think we'll go with the CO2 for today. Sound good?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
30-01-2017 19:54
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
GasGuzzler wrote:
litesong wrote:
CO2 quantity controls water vapor quantity.

I thought it was temperature controlling vapor quantity. Now which is it? Let's see here.....today is Mon the 30...even number day.....mmmmm....I think we'll go with the CO2 for today. Sound good?

You like being "old sick silly sleepy sleazy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner gasguzlr & gazmuflr".
30-01-2017 19:55
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Love it.
30-01-2017 20:12
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Just to tweak you out a little more, I've put the graph below for some fun facts.

Doesn't the arctic spend the average majority of the winter months below -20 C? I did some checking on the past month in Navinut....seems to be the case.

[img][/img]

Attached image:

30-01-2017 20:33
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
litesong wrote:
"old sick silly sleepy sleazy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner gasguzlr & gazmuflr" needs to put together the AGW knowledge that increasing CO2 & other man-made non-phase change GHGs initially start a trace of warming, with its own post, "I thought it was temperature controlling vapor quantity".
Edited on 30-01-2017 20:42
30-01-2017 20:51
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
So a trace of a trace of a trace......

CO2 is ~4% of total greenhouse gas.....

Mankind contribution to the 4% total greenhouse is 3% (2014 EPA report).....

3% of 4 is 1 tenth of 1 percent....or 0.1%.

Put more glue on that chit, maybe just maybe something will stick to the wall.
30-01-2017 21:00
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleazy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner gasguzlr & gazmuflr" gushed: Doesn't the arctic spend the average majority of the winter months below -20 C?

The High Arctic which I concern myself with most, averages ~ -30degC during the winter months when there is no direct solar radiation in the High Arctic. At least that is what the temperature in the High Arctic used to be. That is what is so concerning about all the excess AGW generated energy that is being forced for excessive time periods into the wintertime High Arctic from south climes. At times, temperatures are 15+degC over temperature & once last year, it hit 20degC over temperature. That is why I have started calling the heating in the High Arctic the Present High Arctic Berserker or PHAB or FAB
. At times the excess AGW energy atmosphere at a higher temperature than normal, pushed into the Arctic can hold water vapor, another GHG.
Edited on 30-01-2017 21:05
30-01-2017 21:47
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleazy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner gasguzlr & gazmuflr" gushed:a trace of a trace of a trace......

Even you agree that water vapor has greater infra-red energy absorbing abilities than man-made GHGs. So, it can't be a trace of a trace of a trace.
30-01-2017 21:51
Surface Detail
★★★★☆
(1673)
GasGuzzler wrote:
So a trace of a trace of a trace......

CO2 is ~4% of total greenhouse gas.....

Mankind contribution to the 4% total greenhouse is 3% (2014 EPA report).....

3% of 4 is 1 tenth of 1 percent....or 0.1%.

Put more glue on that chit, maybe just maybe something will stick to the wall.

Why do you keep repeating this nonsense?

First, as I've already pointed out, mankind is responsible for about 30% (not 3%) of the CO2 in the atmosphere. In pre-industrial times, it was about 280 - 290 ppm; it's now about 405 ppm and still rising rapidly. There is absolutely no doubt that this rise is a consequence of human emissions.

Second, as we have already discussed, water vapour is indeed the main greenhouse gas but, critically, its concentration is an immediate function of temperature. As soon as it cools, it condenses out as water. CO2, on the other hand, remains in the atmosphere for many thousands of years after its release. The upshot of this is that water vapour effectively amplifies warming (or cooling) due to other causes. It is a not a forcing agent, and it makes no sense to consider it as such.
30-01-2017 21:57
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
Surface Detail wrote:The upshot of this is that water vapour effectively amplifies warming (or cooling) due to other causes. It is a not a forcing agent, and it makes no sense to consider it as such.

Very good. But "old sick silly sleepy sleazy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner gasguzlr & gazmuflr" is an old sick silly sleepy sleazy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner. Even it agrees with its name.
Page 6 of 20<<<45678>>>

Join the debate Arctic waters not freezing:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Arctic sea ice cover1909-04-2022 08:29
Arctic ice cover202-04-2022 09:26
Polar vortex regains it's shape and position over the Arctic Video!!!501-06-2021 06:54
Is Western Arctic Warming related to Magnetic Pole Movement?817-03-2020 03:59
Warm Waters2023-12-2019 22:20
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact