Remember me
▼ Content

Arctic Sea Ice Minimum Volumes 1979-2017 in 30 seconds

Arctic Sea Ice Minimum Volumes 1979-2017 in 30 seconds04-12-2017 03:50
moncktonProfile picture★★★☆☆
(436)
Latest visualization of the startling decline of Arctic Sea Ice, showing the minimum volume reached every September since 1979, set on a map of New York with a 10km grid to give an idea of scale. It is clear that the trend of Arctic sea ice decline indicates that it'll soon be ice-free for an increasingly large part of the year, with consequences for the climate...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh3oakgxZ9w
04-12-2017 04:48
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
[b]monckton wrote: Latest visualization of the startling decline of Arctic Sea Ice, showing the minimum volume reached every September since 1979, set on a map of New York with a 10km grid to give an idea of scale. It is clear that the trend of Arctic sea ice decline indicates that it'll soon be ice-free for an increasingly large part of the year, with consequences for the climate...
Yeah, old sick silly sleepy sleezy steenkin' AGW denier liar whiners will NOT acknowledge the 10,000+ cubic kilometers of missing Arctic sea ice, in which it took ~33 times more energy than the U.S. uses per year, to melt such.
04-12-2017 22:21
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
monckton wrote:
Latest visualization of the startling decline of Arctic Sea Ice, showing the minimum volume reached every September since 1979, set on a map of New York with a 10km grid to give an idea of scale. It is clear that the trend of Arctic sea ice decline indicates that it'll soon be ice-free for an increasingly large part of the year, with consequences for the climate...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh3oakgxZ9w

And so? What effect does melting Arctic ice have according to your prophets of doom?
04-12-2017 23:55
(436)
Well, the cold blob has returned, or 'frigus massam corrumpit' as us intellectuals like to call it. (speculation is that this is actually due to Greenland.)
But we're getting ahead of ourselves, I was going to come to that later.
It's bad news.
05-12-2017 01:35
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
monckton wrote:
Well, the cold blob has returned, or 'frigus massam corrumpit' as us intellectuals like to call it. (speculation is that this is actually due to Greenland.)
But we're getting ahead of ourselves, I was going to come to that later.
It's bad news.

Well, you have come to nothing so far. You have quoted a few articles by corrupt politicians and stupid people like Bill Nye who unfortunately doesn't have enough training in science to know that he has had one put over on him.
05-12-2017 06:16
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy slimebag steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time (plus 1) threatener wake-me-up" wiffed: What effect does melting Arctic ice have ...
Yeah, old sick silly sleepy sleezy steenkin' AGW denier liar whiners will NOT acknowledge the 10,000+ cubic kilometers of missing Arctic sea ice, in which it took ~33 times more energy than the U.S. uses per year, to melt such.
05-12-2017 09:33
(436)
Wake wrote:
Well, you have come to nothing so far. You have quoted a few articles by corrupt politicians and stupid people like Bill Nye who unfortunately doesn't have enough training in science to know that he has had one put over on him.

OK cold blob then.
I thought a bit of Latin might bring some respectability to the conversation - it worked for the Catholics!

The cold blob in the North Atlantic describes a cold temperature anomaly of ocean surface waters, affecting the Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation (AMOC) which is part of the thermohaline circulation, possibly related to global warming-induced melting of the Greenland ice sheet.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_blob_(North_Atlantic)

Maybe it's just a working title.
05-12-2017 17:20
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
monckton wrote:
Wake wrote:

OK cold blob then.
I thought a bit of Latin might bring some respectability to the conversation - it worked for the Catholics!

The cold blob in the North Atlantic describes a cold temperature anomaly of ocean surface waters, affecting the Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation (AMOC) which is part of the thermohaline circulation, possibly related to global warming-induced melting of the Greenland ice sheet.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_blob_(North_Atlantic)

Maybe it's just a working title.

Let me repeat - the weather anomolies are nothing unusual or rare. We have had cyclic warm periods over the last 3,000 years. This isn't going to change because you want to see the human race wiped off of the face of the Earth. Rather say that in a pub and watch the result as you criticize Brexit.
05-12-2017 21:48
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleazy slimy slimebag steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time (plus 1) threatener wake-me-up" wiffs: Let me repeat -
"old sick silly sleepy sleazy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" always repeats that it is an old sick silly sleepy sleazy slimy slimebag steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner & many time (plus 1) threatener.
08-12-2017 08:29
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
Average Arctic sea ice VOLUME for December 1, for the period 1980-89, was ~19,900 cubic kilometers. Present December 1, 2017 sea ice VOLUME is ~10,900 cubic kilometers, ~9000 cubic kilometers less than the 1980-89 period for December.

Join the debate Arctic Sea Ice Minimum Volumes 1979-2017 in 30 seconds:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The new President elect of Haagen Dazs, demonstrating an ice cream filled donut017-11-2023 14:07
FASTER GLACIER MELTING MECHANISM COULD CAUSE HUGE SEA LEVEL RISES420-05-2023 19:54
Rip current in the Caspian Sea024-08-2022 11:59
Satellite Measurements-- Sea Level Rise7124-08-2022 01:36
Co2 ice samples1102-06-2022 22:44
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact