Remember me
▼ Content

Anyone tried calculating & tracking their CO2 footprint over time?


Anyone tried calculating & tracking their CO2 footprint over time?28-10-2019 16:08
James Bryce Smith
☆☆☆☆☆
(1)
Hi

I'm researching individual strategies for responding to climate change and would like to get in touch with anyone who has tried to track their personal CO2 equivalent emissions (travel, food, purchases, home etc). Please get in touch if you have tried this - I would love to speak to you about your experiences.
28-10-2019 17:38
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(5011)
James Bryce Smith wrote:
Hi

I'm researching individual strategies for responding to climate change and would like to get in touch with anyone who has tried to track their personal CO2 equivalent emissions (travel, food, purchases, home etc). Please get in touch if you have tried this - I would love to speak to you about your experiences.

This sounds like a strange pastime. Do you do the same for oxygen consumption?

.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

When the alt-physics birds sing about "indivisible bodies," we've got pure BS. - VernerHornung

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
28-10-2019 18:57
HarveyH55
★★★★☆
(1459)
It's not really such a bad idea. I'd like to see the atmospheric CO2 to reach 700-1000 ppm in my lifetime. Sort of would like to see how plants and trees do, when they have the ideal levels. I already drive a poorly maintained 2003 Ford Explorer, burn through $35-$40 a week in gas. I don't really run my air conditioner as much as I should, mostly I don't care to wear a lot of clothes. Have to take them off, if I plan on working outside. I'd be interested in a few tips, to increase my carbon contribution. Maybe there are some cheap and simple ways we all can improve the environment, for our food providers. We all must take action, before that doomsday cult kills off all our food. Plants die at 150 ppm, but don't do so well much sooner.
28-10-2019 19:09
keepit
★★★☆☆
(694)
JBS,
I've been making an effort to combat climate change by simply not spending money. You produce less CO2 if you spend less.
28-10-2019 20:04
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(9806)
keepit wrote:
JBS,
I've been making an effort to combat climate change by simply not spending money. You produce less CO2 if you spend less.


If you want to live in your self-induced poverty, that's your choice. You don't get to make that choice for others, though.


The Parrot Killer
28-10-2019 20:13
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(5011)
HarveyH55 wrote: I'd like to see the atmospheric CO2 to reach 700-1000 ppm in my lifetime. Sort of would like to see how plants and trees do, when they have the ideal levels. I already drive a poorly maintained 2003 Ford Explorer, burn through $35-$40 a week in gas. I don't really run my air conditioner as much as I should, mostly I don't care to wear a lot of clothes. Have to take them off, if I plan on working outside. I'd be interested in a few tips, to increase my carbon contribution. Maybe there are some cheap and simple ways we all can improve the environment, for our food providers. We all must take action, before that doomsday cult kills off all our food. Plants die at 150 ppm, but don't do so well much sooner.

Harvey, you were in rare form! That was one awesome post. I'm ready to support your campaign for a seat in the Senate.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

When the alt-physics birds sing about "indivisible bodies," we've got pure BS. - VernerHornung

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
28-10-2019 22:35
HarveyH55
★★★★☆
(1459)
IBdaMann wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote: I'd like to see the atmospheric CO2 to reach 700-1000 ppm in my lifetime. Sort of would like to see how plants and trees do, when they have the ideal levels. I already drive a poorly maintained 2003 Ford Explorer, burn through $35-$40 a week in gas. I don't really run my air conditioner as much as I should, mostly I don't care to wear a lot of clothes. Have to take them off, if I plan on working outside. I'd be interested in a few tips, to increase my carbon contribution. Maybe there are some cheap and simple ways we all can improve the environment, for our food providers. We all must take action, before that doomsday cult kills off all our food. Plants die at 150 ppm, but don't do so well much sooner.

Harvey, you were in rare form! That was one awesome post. I'm ready to support your campaign for a seat in the Senate.


Thanks, but I'm basically honest, I wouldn't last long in politics. I strongly suspect there will be a few seats open in the House, that will need filling.

Anyway, it's a war on climate change, and I'm satisfied with the natural changes, and it's free. I'm just being resourceful, if the opposition wants hand us a few weapons, why not make use of them.
28-10-2019 22:40
keepit
★★★☆☆
(694)
The need to spend unnecessary sums of money is psychological and it is generated by the marketeers. If you can resist the marketeers you'll find a bit of satisfaction in not spending.
29-10-2019 04:26
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(9806)
keepit wrote:
The need to spend unnecessary sums of money is psychological and it is generated by the marketeers. If you can resist the marketeers you'll find a bit of satisfaction in not spending.


You can keep your self induced poverty. You don't get to speak for anyone else.


The Parrot Killer




Join the debate Anyone tried calculating & tracking their CO2 footprint over time?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
There is no scientific theory or evidence that suggest CO2 traps heat better than O2 or N23612-11-2019 17:55
Relatable Warming Impact Articles & Studies312-11-2019 17:39
Poulation controll revisited - CO2 compensation through population control112-11-2019 17:06
Is it not true that brains shrink due to increase in CO2 displacing O2?208-11-2019 18:45
Next year will the first year since lord knows when CO2 is more than 400 ppm all year at Moana Loa305-11-2019 18:15
Articles
Appendix B - Calculating The Economic Costs of Extreme Weather Events
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2019 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact