Remember me
▼ Content

Anyone explain how does N2 and O2 don't absorb electromagnetic radiation?

Anyone explain how does N2 and O2 don't absorb electromagnetic radiation?10-02-2019 14:12
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1036)
From what I heard, it's because they got 2 atoms that cancel each other out. They say CH4 does absorb which I suppose is because 4 is even number. I guess that means even number cancel out, odd number don't. I guess a hypothetical C1000H1000N1000 would not absorb any electromagnetic radiation while a hypothetical C1000H1001N1000 would, yes? However, in Terminator 2, liquid nitrogen heats up quickly, which is purely by conduction with air and ground and not by IR radiation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6N_1dlATc8
10-02-2019 15:49
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1036)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
From what I heard, it's because they got 2 atoms that cancel each other out. They say CH4 does absorb which I suppose is because 4 is even number. I guess that means even number cancel out, odd number don't. I guess a hypothetical C1000H1000N1000 would not absorb any electromagnetic radiation while a hypothetical C1000H1001N1000 would, yes? However, in Terminator 2, liquid nitrogen heats up quickly, which is purely by conduction with air and ground and not by IR radiation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zas2EovN0wI

10-02-2019 23:46
Wake
★★★★★
(4026)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:

Light is a form of electro-magnetic energy. O2 and N2 absorb energy in the upper reaches of the spectrum.

Odd number of proton elements are somewhat unstable and have far fewer stable isotopes.

So it isn't really clear why you think that any matter cannot be effected by energy in one form or another.
11-02-2019 01:06
Into the Night
★★★★★
(8003)
Wake wrote:
[quote]Tai Hai Chen wrote:

Light is a form of electro-magnetic energy.
Wake wrote:
O2 and N2 absorb energy in the upper reaches of the spectrum.

What spectrum is that, Wake. A subjective term. Meaningless.
Wake wrote:
Odd number of proton elements are somewhat unstable and have far fewer stable isotopes.

Hydrogen has three stable isotopes, Wake. Same as carbon. Helium, on the other hand, has only two.
Wake wrote:
So it isn't really clear why you think that any matter cannot be effected by energy in one form or another.

You missed the sarcasm, Wake.

The Parrot Killer
11-02-2019 01:09
Wake
★★★★★
(4026)
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

Hydrogen has three stable isotopes, Wake. Same as carbon. Helium, on the other hand, has only two.
Wake wrote:

The science denier speaks again.
11-02-2019 01:36
Into the Night
★★★★★
(8003)
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

You missing sarcasm is now 'science', Wake??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The Parrot Killer
11-02-2019 02:02
Wake
★★★★★
(4026)
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

I notice you've never gotten around to telling us how you can supposedly hold down a job and yet post 24 hours a day. Are you one of those walking dead? Maybe you are disabled but really know a lot about science like how to wipe yourself with a hook?
11-02-2019 22:07
gfm7175
★★☆☆☆
(158)
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

I notice you've never gotten around to telling us how you can supposedly hold down a job and yet post 24 hours a day. Are you one of those walking dead? Maybe you are disabled but really know a lot about science like how to wipe yourself with a hook?

Spare us all of your bulverism, Wake...

He's already explained that he is self-employed... He does not post 24 hours a day, but it seems as if he lives rent free in your head 24/7/365, however...

The Bible has a lot to say about anger... How one should be slow to it... How one should not let the sun go down on their anger... I hope you one day resolve your anger issues...
11-02-2019 23:47
Wake
★★★★★
(4026)
gfm7175 wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

He's already explained that he is self-employed... He does not post 24 hours a day, but it seems as if he lives rent free in your head 24/7/365, however...

The Bible has a lot to say about anger... How one should be slow to it... How one should not let the sun go down on their anger... I hope you one day resolve your anger issues...

He never said he was self employed. What's more how is it that you use exactly the same wording as he does in your posts? Again it seems like you're nothing more than Nightmare using a second registration so that you can get SOMEONE to agree with yourself.

For instance, neither of you seems to know the definition for the word "Bulverism" nor the proper use of it. Why would that be if you weren't the same person?
Edited on 11-02-2019 23:49
12-02-2019 01:25
Into the Night
★★★★★
(8003)
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

I notice you've never gotten around to telling us how you can supposedly hold down a job

I don't. I run my own business, Wake.
Wake wrote:
and yet post 24 hours a day.

I don't, Wake.
Wake wrote:
Are you one of those walking dead?

No, I am quite alive, I assure you.
Wake wrote:
Maybe you are disabled

Not a bit of it, Wake.
Wake wrote:
but really know a lot about science

That I do, Wake.
Wake wrote:
like how to wipe yourself with a hook?

Insult fallacy.

The Parrot Killer
12-02-2019 01:25
Into the Night
★★★★★
(8003)
gfm7175 wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

Me too. Now he wants to start a war over 'global warming'.

The Parrot Killer
12-02-2019 01:29
Into the Night
★★★★★
(8003)
Wake wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

He never said he was self employed.

I've told you so quite a few times, Wake. Pay attention.
Wake wrote:
What's more how is it that you use exactly the same wording as he does in your posts?
He doesn't.
Wake wrote:
Again it seems like you're nothing more than Nightmare using a second registration so that you can get SOMEONE to agree with yourself.

The IP log, which YOU can't access, shows the difference.
Wake wrote:
For instance, neither of you seems to know the definition for the word "Bulverism" nor the proper use of it.

Bulverism is the fallacy of discarding an argument because of who it making it and not dealing with the argument itself.
Wake wrote:
Why would that be if you weren't the same person?

Because bulverism doesn't change depending on who is using the word, Wake.

The Parrot Killer
12-02-2019 02:12
gfm7175
★★☆☆☆
(158)
Into the Night wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

I saw that... there IS a righteous time to be angry, as Jesus was when he chased the money changers out of his father's house, but in the vast majority of cases, anger tends to result from evils such as selfishness, envy, bigotry, etc... That type of anger is what engulfs Wake on a regular basis, such as his wanting to start a war over a circularly-defined buzzword... fundamentalists of any religion are typically filled with this type of unrighteous anger, and they need to find peace and comfort somehow... I've personally found that feeling in Jesus Christ, and since I've made certain related lifestyle changes, I've felt MUCH calmer and content and comforted. I do wish that sort of well being for Wake, as he clearly needs help with his anger issues...
12-02-2019 02:42
Into the Night
★★★★★
(8003)
gfm7175 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

I saw that... there IS a righteous time to be angry, as Jesus was when he chased the money changers out of his father's house, but in the vast majority of cases, anger tends to result from evils such as selfishness, envy, bigotry, etc... That type of anger is what engulfs Wake on a regular basis, such as his wanting to start a war over a circularly-defined buzzword... fundamentalists of any religion are typically filled with this type of unrighteous anger, and they need to find peace and comfort somehow... I've personally found that feeling in Jesus Christ, and since I've made certain related lifestyle changes, I've felt MUCH calmer and content and comforted. I do wish that sort of well being for Wake, as he clearly needs help with his anger issues...

Wake may be bound by the chains of his own anger, but at least Jesus Christ has put a hacksaw within his reach, if he would only use it.

The Parrot Killer
13-02-2019 22:25
Wake
★★★★★
(4026)
Into the Night wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

Wake may be bound by the chains of his own anger, but at least Jesus Christ has put a hacksaw within his reach, if he would only use it.

So what you're saying is that your entire belief system that disclaims science is based upon your religious beliefs. I was wondering why you act so insane. My late father-in-law despite being a Methodist Minister NEVER denied science like you have been doing. Ohm that's right - you don't believe that I had a minister as a father-in-law because God spoke to you from a burning bush.
13-02-2019 23:15
Into the Night
★★★★★
(8003)
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

So what you're saying is that your entire belief system that disclaims science

Christianity does not disclaim science, Wake.
Wake wrote:
is based upon your religious beliefs.

Quite the other way around, Wake.
Wake wrote:
I was wondering why you act so insane.

Insult fallacy. Psychoquackery.
Wake wrote:
My late father-in-law despite being a Methodist Minister

I don't believe you. Now you have him changing religions. How may religions was your father-in-law a minister for, Wake?
Wake wrote:
NEVER denied science like you have been doing.

I have no idea. Irrelevant.
Wake wrote:
Ohm that's right -

Ohm was right.
Wake wrote:
you don't believe that I had a minister as a father-in-law

No, I don't. You can't keep your lies straight, Wake.
Wake wrote:
because God spoke to you from a burning bush.

Nah. He didn't have to.

BTW, did you know that bushes that appear to burn but don't actually burn is, while rare, is not that uncommon? It especially happens in desert or mountainous areas. I have seen 'burning bushes', but God didn't speak to me out of them. They're actually really cool looking. I've seen locust plagues, too.

The Parrot Killer
14-02-2019 00:07
Wake
★★★★★
(4026)
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

So what you're saying is that your entire belief system that disclaims science

Christianity does not disclaim science, Wake.
Wake wrote:
is based upon your religious beliefs.

Quite the other way around, Wake.
Wake wrote:
I was wondering why you act so insane.

Insult fallacy. Psychoquackery.
Wake wrote:
My late father-in-law despite being a Methodist Minister

I don't believe you. Now you have him changing religions. How may religions was your father-in-law a minister for, Wake?
Wake wrote:
NEVER denied science like you have been doing.

I have no idea. Irrelevant.
Wake wrote:
Ohm that's right -

Ohm was right.
Wake wrote:
you don't believe that I had a minister as a father-in-law

No, I don't. You can't keep your lies straight, Wake.
Wake wrote:
because God spoke to you from a burning bush.

Nah. He didn't have to.

BTW, did you know that bushes that appear to burn but don't actually burn is, while rare, is not that uncommon? It especially happens in desert or mountainous areas. I have seen 'burning bushes', but God didn't speak to me out of them. They're actually really cool looking. I've seen locust plagues, too.
While spouting your own scienceless religion you don't seem to know what a protestant is.

You didn't see a plague locusts - you are one.
14-02-2019 01:02
Into the Night
★★★★★
(8003)
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Nah. He didn't have to.

While spouting your own scienceless religion

Science isn't religion, Wake. Neither is religion science. The two have nothing to do with each other at all.
Wake wrote:
you don't seem to know what a protestant is.

A branch Christianity that contains several religions, including Baptists, Methodists, Lutheran, and Evangelists. Your father-in-law is not a protestant minister, Wake. There is no such thing. Protestants are a set of several religions. It is not a religion in and of itself., Wake.

Trying to cover up for the inconsistency of your lies, eh?
Wake wrote:

I have seen several. I grew up in the desert, Wake. The last one I saw moved through central Nevada. That was a couple of years ago.

The Parrot Killer
14-02-2019 02:02
Wake
★★★★★
(4026)
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Nah. He didn't have to.

While spouting your own scienceless religion

Science isn't religion, Wake. Neither is religion science. The two have nothing to do with each other at all.
Wake wrote:
you don't seem to know what a protestant is.

A branch Christianity that contains several religions, including Baptists, Methodists, Lutheran, and Evangelists. Your father-in-law is not a protestant minister, Wake. There is no such thing. Protestants are a set of several religions. It is not a religion in and of itself., Wake.

Trying to cover up for the inconsistency of your lies, eh?
Wake wrote:

I have seen several. I grew up in the desert, Wake. The last one I saw moved through central Nevada. That was a couple of years ago.

More life reflections of a moron. Protestantism is the second largest form of Christianity with collectively more than 900 million adherents worldwide or nearly 40% of all Christians. It originated with the 16th century Reformation, a movement against what its followers perceived to be errors in the Roman Catholic Church.

Protestant is an entire movement away from Catholicism. There are Protestant churches if you bothered to look in your directory. But any of the SUB catagories are ALL protestants.

So now we know that you moronic half-wit don't have any religion of your own and intended to co-opt that of the only person that wasn't laughing in your face.
14-02-2019 02:08
Into the Night
★★★★★
(8003)
Wake wrote:
More life reflections of a moron.

Bulverism fallacy. Insult fallacy.
Wake wrote:
Protestantism is the second largest form of Christianity with collectively more than 900 million adherents worldwide or nearly 40% of all Christians. It originated with the 16th century Reformation, a movement against what its followers perceived to be errors in the Roman Catholic Church.

Protestant is an entire movement away from Catholicism. There are Protestant churches if you bothered to look in your directory. But any of the SUB catagories are ALL protestants.

That's what I said, Wake. It is not a religion. It is a set of religions.
Wake wrote:
So now we know that you moronic half-wit don't have any religion of your own and intended to co-opt that of the only person that wasn't laughing in your face.

Insult fallacy. I am a Christian, Wake. No, I don't own it. Bulverism fallacy. False dichotomy fallacy.

The Parrot Killer
14-02-2019 02:12
Wake
★★★★★
(4026)
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:
Protestantism is the second largest form of Christianity with collectively more than 900 million adherents worldwide or nearly 40% of all Christians. It originated with the 16th century Reformation, a movement against what its followers perceived to be errors in the Roman Catholic Church.

Wake wrote:

Insult fallacy. I am a Christian, Wake. No, I don't own it. Bulverism fallacy. False dichotomy fallacy.

Then you don't mind standing before your maker and trying to explain why you tried to slander science with your mindless hogwash. Have a good time in another sort of Desert.
14-02-2019 02:31
gfm7175
★★☆☆☆
(158)
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

Then you don't mind standing before your maker and trying to explain why you tried to slander science with your mindless hogwash. Have a good time in another sort of Desert.

The only one here who is "slandering science" is you, Wake... Inversion Fallacy.
14-02-2019 05:07
Into the Night
★★★★★
(8003)
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

Science is not a person, Wake. You can't slander it. Science is a set of falsifiable theories.

The Parrot Killer
14-02-2019 17:24
Wake
★★★★★
(4026)
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

Science is not a person, Wake. You can't slander it. Science is a set of falsifiable theories.
He says, slandering science yet again.
14-02-2019 22:20
Into the Night
★★★★★
(8003)
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

Wake wrote:

Not possible, Wake. Science is not a person.

The Parrot Killer
14-02-2019 22:48
gfm7175
★★☆☆☆
(158)
Wake wrote:

Science can't be slandered, Wake... Slander involves speaking damaging falsehoods about a person. Science is not a person.

Learn what Science is...
15-02-2019 20:49
Wake
★★★★★
(4026)
gfm7175 wrote:
Wake wrote:

Science can't be slandered, Wake... Slander involves speaking damaging falsehoods about a person. Science is not a person.

Learn what Science is...

There now - don't you feel better for purposely changing the subject? Using a legal definition to claim a commonly used definition is incorrect makes you look not very interested in truth.
15-02-2019 22:38
Into the Night
★★★★★
(8003)
Wake wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Wake wrote:

Learn what Science is...

There now - don't you feel better for purposely changing the subject?

Inversion fallacy, Wake. YOU changed the subject. YOU were the first one to use the term 'slander' with a non-person object.
Wake wrote:
Using a legal definition to claim a commonly used definition
There is only one definition of 'slander', Wake. Now you are trying to redefine 'slander' in your efforts to deny the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics and the Stefan-Boltzmann law.

The Parrot Killer
Edited on 15-02-2019 22:38

Join the debate Anyone explain how does N2 and O2 don't absorb electromagnetic radiation?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Burning fossil fuel reduce O2 and increase CO2 and CO2 is a cooling gas so why420-06-2019 06:30
What makes IPCC thinks CO2 is better than O2 at trapping heat?028-04-2019 15:40
What makes IPCC thinks N2, O2, O3 are not as good at capturing and retaining heat than CO2 can?218-04-2019 20:57
Considering O2, N2, O3 absorb more than 99% of incoming shortwave radiation, which is far more powerful118-04-2019 19:31
The first few (3 or 4) ppm CO2 absorb 99 percent of whatever IR CO2 absorbs, CO2 is certainly not logarit331-03-2019 17:58
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2019 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact