Remember me
▼ Content

Antarctica's Effect on Sea Level Rise in Coming Centuries


Antarctica's Effect on Sea Level Rise in Coming Centuries06-05-2019 01:26
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1077)
https://climate.nasa.gov/news/2869/antarcticas-effect-on-sea-level-rise-in-coming-centuries/
06-05-2019 02:23
James___
★★★★☆
(1728)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
https://climate.nasa.gov/news/2869/antarcticas-effect-on-sea-level-rise-in-coming-centuries/



Since I have my own views, d@mn, Antarctica melts on one side and has enough snow fall to compensate on it's other side.
Also global warming really has nothing to do with Antarctica. I thought scientists pretty much accepted this. It has to do with the ozone hole caused by CFCs over it.
@All, please judge as I posted something. At the same time I'm saying you're too stupid to understand what I just posted. You guys are. If you guys weren't so stoopid then you'd consider that ozone depletion has caused a feedback loop of which ITN will say there is no ozone or it "is" but "is" can't be changed because what was "is" will always be "is" and once again we're back into the "Great Spirit" debate and if there is a God. And of course, if there's a "God" then why learn anything? Why not just get stoned instead? Much easier and the munchies are always good until Europeans depleted the food supply (Bison and Salmon).
Hopefully I hated on everyone equally. If not, let me know if you're an ignorant American or joost stoopid, okay? Thank You for perusing said information if you know how to read. I don't expect it of Americans. Go watch youtube, okay? Then you can feel smart or good or whatever it is you need. That's what it's there for, to entertain you so you can enjoy living in Hell.
By the way, you guys are AWESOOOOMe !!!!
Edited on 06-05-2019 02:31
06-05-2019 16:38
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(5040)
James___ wrote: If you guys weren't so stoopid then you'd consider that ozone depletion has caused a feedback loop ...[stuff deleted]

From the MANUAL

Feedback: noun
A feedback is a specific type of miralce employed by Climate that overcomes the physical limitations of the 1st and 2nd Laws of Thermodynamics by creating additional usable energy. Feedbacks come in various subcategories, e.g. thermal, climate, hydrostatic, radiative, etc.. This falls under Settled Science.

James___ wrote: Hopefully I hated on everyone equally.

You left out Tibetan monks. I don't see why they should be snubbed.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

When the alt-physics birds sing about "indivisible bodies," we've got pure BS. - VernerHornung

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
06-05-2019 19:02
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(9912)
James___ wrote:
It has to do with the ozone hole caused by CFCs over it.

There are no CFC's in Antarctica. CFC's do not react with ozone anyway. They are also heavier than air. They will tend to remain beneath the ozone layer.
James___ wrote:
If you guys weren't so stoopid then you'd consider that ozone depletion

Ozone is not being depleted. It is created by the action of sunlight in the presence of oxygen.
James___ wrote:
has caused a feedback loop

No magick 'feedback loop'.
James___ wrote:
of which ITN will say there is no ozone

There is ozone. It is created by sunlight. There is an ozone 'hole' at each pole in the winter of that pole, too, caused by lack of sunlight.
James___ wrote:
or it "is" but "is" can't be changed because what was "is" will always be "is" and once again we're back into the "Great Spirit" debate and if there is a God.

No god is required to produce ozone from sunlight. Strawman argument.
James___ wrote:
And of course, if there's a "God" then why learn anything?

You can always learn about your God.


The Parrot Killer
08-05-2019 02:29
Wake
★★★★★
(4031)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
https://climate.nasa.gov/news/2869/antarcticas-effect-on-sea-level-rise-in-coming-centuries/


We are presently at the high temperature peak of an interglacial period. It will NOT grow warmer but rather colder over time. Articles like this are founded upon false data.
08-05-2019 02:46
dehammer
★★★☆☆
(431)
Sorry, we passed the peak thousands of years ago. The earth is cooling about .05°c a century. The only reason we are warming is we are recovering from the little ice age. We are pretty close to the maximum it will get.
08-05-2019 11:25
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(9912)
dehammer wrote:
Sorry, we passed the peak thousands of years ago. The earth is cooling about .05°c a century. The only reason we are warming is we are recovering from the little ice age. We are pretty close to the maximum it will get.


Argument from randU fallacy. It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth. You are just making up numbers.


The Parrot Killer
09-05-2019 23:51
gfm7175
★★☆☆☆
(196)
Into the Night wrote:
dehammer wrote:
Sorry, we passed the peak thousands of years ago. The earth is cooling about .05°c a century. The only reason we are warming is we are recovering from the little ice age. We are pretty close to the maximum it will get.


Argument from randU fallacy. It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth. You are just making up numbers.

I saw a pretty looking chart... it MUST be accurate!!!!
10-05-2019 00:11
dehammer
★★★☆☆
(431)
We have proxies that we know how they react to temperature. They cant tell us with the precision of a thermometer, but it can give us close.
10-05-2019 01:54
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(9912)
dehammer wrote:
We have proxies that we know how they react to temperature. They cant tell us with the precision of a thermometer, but it can give us close.


Proxies do not measure anything.


The Parrot Killer
10-05-2019 02:10
dehammer
★★★☆☆
(431)
Your religion is showing again.
What Are "Proxy" Data?
In paleoclimatology, or the study of past climates, scientists use what is known as proxy data to reconstruct past climate conditions. These proxy data are preserved physical characteristics of the environment that can stand in for direct measurements. Paleoclimatologists gather proxy data from natural recorders of climate variability such as tree rings, ice cores, fossil pollen, ocean sediments, corals and historical data. By analyzing records taken from these and other proxy sources, scientists can extend our understanding of climate far beyond the instrumental record.


Proxies do not measure, they are a measure.
10-05-2019 02:27
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(9912)
dehammer wrote:
Your religion is showing again.
What Are "Proxy" Data?
In paleoclimatology, or the study of past climates, scientists use what is known as proxy data to reconstruct past climate conditions. These proxy data are preserved physical characteristics of the environment that can stand in for direct measurements. Paleoclimatologists gather proxy data from natural recorders of climate variability such as tree rings, ice cores, fossil pollen, ocean sediments, corals and historical data. By analyzing records taken from these and other proxy sources, scientists can extend our understanding of climate far beyond the instrumental record.


Proxies do not measure, they are a measure.


Really? What units do they use?


No, dude. proxies are not a measure either.


The Parrot Killer
10-05-2019 02:34
dehammer
★★★☆☆
(431)
The fact you do not believe in science doesn't make it wrong.
10-05-2019 16:05
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(5040)
dehammer wrote: We have proxies that we know how they react to temperature.

... but you don't know how they react to everything else ... which is what you are really measuring, i.e. how they react to everything combined and attributing that to only temperature.

Worthless. Voodoo is more scientific.

dehammer wrote: They cant tell us with the precision of a thermometer, but it can give us close.
You don't know that; you believe that. You have religious faith that the sacred signs, er, um, the "proxies" are "indicators" of the "Truth of Climate Change!"

Yeah, right.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

When the alt-physics birds sing about "indivisible bodies," we've got pure BS. - VernerHornung

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
10-05-2019 16:29
dehammer
★★★☆☆
(431)
IBdaMann wrote:
... but you don't know how they react to everything else ... which is what you are really measuring, i.e. how they react to everything combined and attributing that to only temperature.
We know how most of them react to everything in their environment. So yes, they do know SOME of them react to temperature.
Worthless. Voodoo is more scientific.

You don't know that;
You don't know the earth is round or that The sun is made of hydrogen either. You have to accept that others have studied it, or you have to totally reject all science. Obviously you decided to reject all science.
10-05-2019 17:59
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(5040)
dehammer wrote:We know how most of them react to everything in their environment.

You believe that, yes. I do not doubt you have delusions of grandeur concerning your divine knowledge and certainty about how some react to everything.

The problem is that I do not believe you have any sort of divine knowledge that bestows upon you the ability to measure temperature by instead measuring microbes. In fact, there isn't any testing agency on the planet that would accept your data being valid for any application of any importance.

You are preaching a religion and are meeting with a lack of success in gaining converts. You aren't going to find many who buy your "microbe size determines past temperatures" crap.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

When the alt-physics birds sing about "indivisible bodies," we've got pure BS. - VernerHornung

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
10-05-2019 18:56
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(9912)
dehammer wrote:
The fact you do not believe in science doesn't make it wrong.


Science is not something you 'believe' in. Science is not a religion. Science is a set of falsifiable theories. I have quoted several of them to you, but you still deny them.

Proxies are not a measurement. They are not a substitute for any measurement.

Science is a set of falsifiable theories, not measurements. Science is not inches, feet, millimeters, kilometers, deg F, deg C, degrees on a compass, lbs, grams, tons, acres, or bushels.

It is just the theories themselves.


The Parrot Killer
10-05-2019 19:22
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(9912)
dehammer wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
... but you don't know how they react to everything else ... which is what you are really measuring, i.e. how they react to everything combined and attributing that to only temperature.
We know how most of them react to everything in their environment.

You don't know what that environment was. You don't know what else affected your observations.
dehammer wrote:
So yes, they do know SOME of them react to temperature.

Your mistake is to attribute everything in a proxy to temperature, and temperature alone. Argument of ignorance fallacy. Fixation.
dehammer wrote:
[quote[Worthless. Voodoo is more scientific.

You don't know that;[/quote]
Actually, he does. Voodoo IS more scientific. At least in voodoo, theories were formed about certain poisons and tested to see if those theories held true.
dehammer wrote:
You don't know the earth is round

Even the Greeks in 500BC knew the Earth was round, dumbass. By the way, that is not science.
dehammer wrote:
or that The sun is made of hydrogen either.

It isn't. It consists of hydrogen, helium, and a few heavier elements according to spectrographic measurements. The theories behind spectroscopy are theories of science.
dehammer wrote:
You have to accept that others have studied it, or you have to totally reject all science.
Obviously you decided to reject all science.

False dichotomy fallacy. Compositional error fallacy. Science is a set of falsifiable theories. It is not measurements. It is not observations. It is not instruments. It is not a laboratory. It is not a university degree. It is not a government license. It is not a government organization. You keep trying to redefine science simply by simple assertion (no reasoning provided).

Science is defined in philosophy. Philosophy not only defines many words like these, it gives the reasoning for their definition. That is what much of philosophy does.

Philosophy has very few rules, intentionally. A argument presented in philosophy must be valid (there's that internal consistency check again!). The predicates and reasoning for that argument cannot come from any outside source or reference, else it is someone else's argument, not yours, and you are thus not making an argument at all.

That's pretty much it.

One branch of philosophy has to do with observations, which includes measurements, data, and instrumentation. This branch is called phenomenology. I have already described the problems of phenomenology to you (remember the one about observing a sunrise?). ALL observations, and instrumentation use to augment those observations are subject to the problems of phenomenology. Each one is interpreted differently by each person. A measurement is simply determining if something is an inch, or a gram, or a bushel. The meaning of that measurement is the observation. You are discarding the meanings of measurements in order to fixate on only one meaning. This is an argument of ignorance fallacy. You are not even observing any other possible meaning.

Proxies are not used in science. They carry too many meanings. Your fixation on only one is a religious stance and carries with it this fallacy.

For the meaning of 'science', I suggest you consult the philosophies of Karl Popper for a start.


The Parrot Killer
10-05-2019 23:18
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(5040)
Into the Night wrote:Proxies are not used in science. They carry too many meanings.

The problem is that they carry an indefinite number of unknown meanings. We don't know what we don't know.

At least now I know that it's acceptable to presume that I know everything.

At least now I know that I don't need a thermometer if I have microbes and only need a close temperature estimate.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

When the alt-physics birds sing about "indivisible bodies," we've got pure BS. - VernerHornung

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
11-05-2019 01:51
dehammer
★★★☆☆
(431)
Go ahead and believe your anti science religion. Nothing can change the mind of a true believer. I certainly am not going to try. It would be easier to teach a brick wall.
11-05-2019 21:55
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(9912)
dehammer wrote:
Go ahead and believe your anti science religion. Nothing can change the mind of a true believer. I certainly am not going to try. It would be easier to teach a brick wall.


Inversion fallacy. Argument of the stone fallacy. Redefinition fallacy (science <-> religion). Insult fallacy. Trolling.


The Parrot Killer
12-05-2019 00:13
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(5040)
Into the Night wrote:
dehammer wrote:
Go ahead and believe your anti science religion. Nothing can change the mind of a true believer. I certainly am not going to try. It would be easier to teach a brick wall.


Inversion fallacy. Argument of the stone fallacy. Redefinition fallacy (science <-> religion). Insult fallacy. Trolling.


How about dehammer being guilty of being gullible? ... of believing that his unfalsifiable religion is somehow falsifiable science? I wonder how easy it was to convince him. I imagine that all it took was the line "it's the scientific consensus."


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

When the alt-physics birds sing about "indivisible bodies," we've got pure BS. - VernerHornung

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
12-05-2019 01:15
dehammer
★★★☆☆
(431)
What ever you think Michael.
12-05-2019 22:01
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(9912)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
dehammer wrote:
Go ahead and believe your anti science religion. Nothing can change the mind of a true believer. I certainly am not going to try. It would be easier to teach a brick wall.


Inversion fallacy. Argument of the stone fallacy. Redefinition fallacy (science <-> religion). Insult fallacy. Trolling.


How about dehammer being guilty of being gullible? ... of believing that his unfalsifiable religion is somehow falsifiable science? I wonder how easy it was to convince him. I imagine that all it took was the line "it's the scientific consensus."

Gullibility like this is the result of illiteracy. With no or little knowledge of math, theories of science like the laws of thermodynamics or the Stefan-Boltzmann law, no or little knowledge in logic, little to no training in philosophy, there is nothing that prevents him from turning to any little lie that comes along. He literally drifts with the wind of the news media. He cannot see why they are wrong.


The Parrot Killer
12-05-2019 22:19
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(5040)
Into the Night wrote:Gullibility like this is the result of illiteracy. With no or little knowledge of math, theories of science like the laws of thermodynamics or the Stefan-Boltzmann law, no or little knowledge in logic, little to no training in philosophy, there is nothing that prevents him from turning to any little lie that comes along. He literally drifts with the wind of the news media. He cannot see why they are wrong.

For the same reason people cite Wikipedia and regurgitate all the errors therein.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

When the alt-physics birds sing about "indivisible bodies," we've got pure BS. - VernerHornung

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
13-05-2019 07:33
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(9912)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:Gullibility like this is the result of illiteracy. With no or little knowledge of math, theories of science like the laws of thermodynamics or the Stefan-Boltzmann law, no or little knowledge in logic, little to no training in philosophy, there is nothing that prevents him from turning to any little lie that comes along. He literally drifts with the wind of the news media. He cannot see why they are wrong.

For the same reason people cite Wikipedia and regurgitate all the errors therein.

Agreed. There is simply nothing to tell them otherwise, since they are illiterate.


The Parrot Killer
13-05-2019 07:51
dehammer
★★★☆☆
(431)
What ever you say Michael.




Join the debate Antarctica's Effect on Sea Level Rise in Coming Centuries:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
It's Coming - Be Prepared717-11-2019 16:46
There is no greenhouse effect1513-08-2019 23:33
Greenhouse effect of CO22713-08-2019 17:11
Sea Level Rise - Not a Worry.3316-06-2019 18:20
Rising sea levels2410-06-2019 18:22
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2019 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact