Remember me
▼ Content

Another week, more new high temperature records


Another week, more new high temperature records16-08-2020 14:50
DRKTS
★★☆☆☆
(304)
According to NOAA, based on the information supplied to them from the Global Historical Climatological Network by the meteorological groups in every country on Earth. In the last week ....

New high-temperature records: 760
New low-temperature records: 125

"The summaries below list the number of records broken for several recent periods is summarized in this table and updated daily. Due to late-arriving data, the number of recent records is likely underrepresented in all categories, but the ratio of records (warm to cold, for example) should be a fairly strong estimate of a final outcome."

These numbers are raw data, just the way some people like to insist on.

The ratio is 6 to 1 - repeat after me "global warming"
16-08-2020 15:07
duncan61
★★★☆☆
(575)
where??
16-08-2020 15:20
duncan61
★★★☆☆
(575)
I have proven BOM in Australia alter the raw data to show what they wish.You have too much faith in NOAA,NASA and the IPCC.Again explain how the ice formed up in Hudson bay all the way to Ontario and polar bears were knocking over trash cans where the people live.Where are the extreme weather events that I monitor and have not happened.I have to be a realist and it is not happening.Can you say when it is going to happen because every and I mean every model has got it wrong so far.The NASA satellite imaging of the North pole for the last 20 years shows all the ice melted but it went to Ontario 2019 and 2020 over a metre thick and guess what happened to sea levels.Nothing
16-08-2020 15:37
duncan61
★★★☆☆
(575)
Go check these people who report the real ice charts for mariners.Canadian Coast Guard
Central Region.Remember the Titanic.you can not say to the sailors there is no ice out there if there is.Go to Ontario next winter and have a look for yourself I have a cousin right there.Get out your office and go have a look for yourself and stop being so gullible
16-08-2020 15:43
DRKTS
★★☆☆☆
(304)
duncan61 wrote:
I have proven BOM in Australia alter the raw data to show what they wish.You have too much faith in NOAA,NASA and the IPCC.Again explain how the ice formed up in Hudson bay all the way to Ontario and polar bears were knocking over trash cans where the people live.Where are the extreme weather events that I monitor and have not happened.I have to be a realist and it is not happening.Can you say when it is going to happen because every and I mean every model has got it wrong so far.The NASA satellite imaging of the North pole for the last 20 years shows all the ice melted but it went to Ontario 2019 and 2020 over a metre thick and guess what happened to sea levels.Nothing


You make accusations but please publish these earth shattering results in a scientific journal subject to the rigors of the scientific method.

Polar bears are knocking over trash cans because they cant get to the ice to hunt their normal seal prey.

If you are not seeing extreme events (records set) then you need a better monitor.

On the contrary every model has not got it wrong. SciAm (2019) pointed out in a recent article that of 17 global temperature models tested 14 were shown to be accurate.

What have they got right? The increase in mean global surface temperature (tick), sea level rise (tick), nights warming faster than days (tick), high latitudes warming faster than the equator (tick), cooling of the stratosphere (tick), reduction in Earth irradiance (tic), reduction of sea ice (tick), reduction of land ice (tick), migration of planting zones poleward (tick), ......
16-08-2020 16:09
duncan61
★★★☆☆
(575)
SciAm (2019) was behind a pay wall.My big question is lets assume what you say is true regarding warming now what happens.When Don Easterbrook gave his presentation to a climate panel it was filmed in a basement in Manhattan that should be underwater but it is not.I personaly am monitoring the weather events in our cyclonic North west and Harvey is doing Florida and we will be the first to agree with the predictions however again Nothing is happening apart from Tropical storms now get reported and named.The bar has been moved again.I prefer this debate than the Covid and toilet stuff.I am genuinely interested and consider myself a querier rather than flat out denier but it all seems to be based on faith.All the carefully thermometer recorded measurements for over 100 years have been discarded.The 30s and 40s were as much as 2 degrees warmer than now Remember the battle of Britain with sunny skies in the South for days on end.I bet you have not seen good weather like that in your lifetime in England the 50s and 60s were very harsh winters.My uncle was a marine in Korea and when he came home and was discharged he was laid up for months because he could not go bricklaying as everything was frozen in.I am agreeing with Don Easterbrook that the Earth showed warming till 1998 and now we are cooling again.I have quoted Judith little who worked at BOM all her career and when she saw the claim 2016 record high temps she went over all the data for 30 years and it just was not true.I have watched this woman give her findings and seen her facial expressions and have no reason to believe she owns a petrol station.Are you suggesting in American Organisations there is no corruption.Serious,The land of the free gives whole new meaning to corruption and the public must be kept in the dark.If the truth of Vietnam had come out at the time it would not of been a few students protesting.Go to Norfolk naval base and find the truth about sea levels.If it is only happening there they should move
16-08-2020 16:33
duncan61
★★★☆☆
(575)
The polar bears are tagged and they walked down on the over 1.2 metre thick winter ice all the way to Ontario and the bears were reported to be in great condition.I went to a few polar bear sites and all bar one were pleased with the result yet one site claimed it was bad because they will get used to it and suffer in the future.I poop you not that was their take on a bumper year of ice and bear habitat
16-08-2020 17:31
HarveyH55
★★★★★
(2403)
duncan61 wrote:
The polar bears are tagged and they walked down on the over 1.2 metre thick winter ice all the way to Ontario and the bears were reported to be in great condition.I went to a few polar bear sites and all bar one were pleased with the result yet one site claimed it was bad because they will get used to it and suffer in the future.I poop you not that was their take on a bumper year of ice and bear habitat


Seals need to get out of the water, ice is handy, but dry land is just fine with them as well. Bears are omnivores, predominantly scavengers. They aren't that picky about what they eat, and they are also kind of lazy. Hunting and killing burns a lot of calories. Polar bears aren't they only critters that knock over trash cans, or forage in landfills. It's not even restricted to cold areas either, pretty much anywhere on the planet.

Food availability isn't the only cause of weight loss, or malnutrition either. There are parasites, which would be common from eating rotting foods. Animals also get diseases, like viruses and bacterial infections. Animals don't take themselves to doctors, for health issues.

It's pretty easy to find local problems, and spin it into a global issue, when it's not. 176 record high temperatures... Out of how many thousands of locations? How about a percentage of the totally locations reporting? How many broke their record high, by more than a 1/10th of a degree? How long had those record highs stood, before being broken?

For a catastrophic global warming trend, that's been going on for a couple hundred years, it's odd that we aren't breaking record highs daily, everywhere on the planet. There shouldn't be that many hundred year old records still standing, anywhere. Considering that standardize recording didn't start until 1898, it's likely a lot of records get broken every year. New locations were added over the years, since 1898, some haven't even been around a decade. These records are more of an interest, in a trival sort of way.
16-08-2020 19:58
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13295)
DRKTS wrote:
According to NOAA, based on the information supplied to them from the Global Historical Climatological Network by the meteorological groups in every country on Earth. In the last week ....

New high-temperature records: 760
New low-temperature records: 125

Random numbers. It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.
DRKTS wrote:
"The summaries below list the number of records broken for several recent periods is summarized in this table and updated daily. Due to late-arriving data, the number of recent records is likely underrepresented in all categories, but the ratio of records (warm to cold, for example) should be a fairly strong estimate of a final outcome."

These numbers are raw data, just the way some people like to insist on.
They are not raw data. They are not data at all. They are random numbers.
DRKTS wrote:
The ratio is 6 to 1 - repeat after me "global warming"

More random numbers. Define 'global warming'.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
16-08-2020 20:06
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13295)
DRKTS wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
I have proven BOM in Australia alter the raw data to show what they wish.You have too much faith in NOAA,NASA and the IPCC.Again explain how the ice formed up in Hudson bay all the way to Ontario and polar bears were knocking over trash cans where the people live.Where are the extreme weather events that I monitor and have not happened.I have to be a realist and it is not happening.Can you say when it is going to happen because every and I mean every model has got it wrong so far.The NASA satellite imaging of the North pole for the last 20 years shows all the ice melted but it went to Ontario 2019 and 2020 over a metre thick and guess what happened to sea levels.Nothing


You make accusations but please publish these earth shattering results in a scientific journal subject to the rigors of the scientific method.

Attempted force of negative proof fallacy.
DRKTS wrote:
Polar bears are knocking over trash cans because they cant get to the ice to hunt their normal seal prey.

Polar bears swim. They have no problem catching seals.
DRKTS wrote:
If you are not seeing extreme events (records set) then you need a better monitor.

Define 'extreme event'.
DRKTS wrote:
On the contrary every model has not got it wrong. SciAm (2019) pointed out in a recent article that of 17 global temperature models tested 14 were shown to be accurate.

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth. SciAm is wrong. They are denying mathematics.
DRKTS wrote:
What have they got right?

Nothing.
DRKTS wrote:
The increase in mean global surface temperature (tick),

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth. Define 'global warming'.
DRKTS wrote:
sea level rise (tick),

It is not possible to measure the global sea level. There is no valid reference point.
DRKTS wrote:
nights warming faster than days (tick),

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.
DRKTS wrote:
high latitudes warming faster than the equator (tick),

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.
DRKTS wrote:
cooling of the stratosphere (tick),

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the stratosphere globally. You cannot decrease entropy in any system. You are ignoring the 2nd law of thermodynamics again.
DRKTS wrote:
reduction in Earth irradiance (tic),

Then the Earth is cooling. You are denying the Stefan-Boltzmann law again.
DRKTS wrote:
reduction of sea ice (tick),

It is not possible to measure the global sea ice.
DRKTS wrote:
reduction of land ice (tick),

It is not possible to measure global ice and snow.
DRKTS wrote:
migration of planting zones poleward (tick),

Plants are not sensitive to temperature, other than freezes, which can damage some plants.


No argument presented. Denial of science. Denial of mathematics. Circular argument fallacy (fundamentalism).


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
17-08-2020 00:27
HarveyH55
★★★★★
(2403)
I'm not a plant guy, but everything I've been growing here in Florida, are still growing just fine. Actually, it's been really good this year, except having to mow the lawn almost weekly. I've got 4 pineapples this year, where I rarely even get one small size. Got two, that are supermarket size, a first. My night-blooming cactus has been crazy this year, already had 11 blooms, and got 4 more buds. Haven't uploaded the last video yet, but had three in the same night. Kind of a rush job setting up lights and camera. The sun was already starting to set, when I noticed them, and knew they were going to open that night. Usually, I get a night or two, and can do a test run, hopefully make the right adjustments. Haven't really gotten the effect I'm looking for yet. Generally, I get 3-5 blooms to work with each year. It's really more of a challenge to do a good time lapse than, being into the flowers though. They are huge white flowers, and only open for one night. Don't seem to bare fruit though, which would make for another video.

Doesn't really seem any warmer, so it must be the increased CO2. I never use fertilizer, just makes more weeds, and the lawn needs mowing more often.
17-08-2020 01:52
duncan61
★★★☆☆
(575)
My grape vine is going beserk and has fruit on it already.Bring on the CO2




Join the debate Another week, more new high temperature records:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
New High Temperature Records Again Outpace Lows3102-09-2020 23:24
New Temperature High Recorded in Death Valley1919-08-2020 02:27
It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth13205-07-2020 00:00
Measuring the Earth's Surface Temperature501-07-2020 21:45
Once Again, High Temperature Records Outpace Low by a Wide Margin429-06-2020 21:40
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact