Remember me
▼ Content

Another dry year in the Colorado River Basin increases the need for additional state and federal actions

Another dry year in the Colorado River Basin increases the need for additional state and federal actions15-05-2018 00:47
moncktonProfile picture★★★☆☆
(436)
The infrastructure built by prior generations is working, but the best information available shows a high likelihood of significant water reductions in the Colorado River Basin in the years ahead. Concerns are increasing as forecast models predict a 52 percent chance of shortage conditions at Lake Mead beginning in 2020, with a greater than 60 percent likelihood of shortage thereafter. Over the past decade, the risk of declining to critical reservoir levels has approximately tripled.
https://www.usbr.gov/newsroom/newsrelease/detail.cfm?RecordID=62170

This is alarming. As we all know water vapour is a primary greenhouse gas - far more powerful than CO2, and pretty soon it's going to start coming out of the taps.

"Bring us your sick and tired, your educated ..."
15-05-2018 02:25
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
Oh no!!! It means the END of bottled water!!!

Oh...wait...bottled water comes out of the taps...
15-05-2018 03:19
(436)
It means the end of flushing and hitch-hiking will be popular again.
15-05-2018 03:33
(436)
Some more background info, it's going to be interesting, up there with Syria ...

The Colorado River, Climate Change and Drought
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtPSF4gvWLU
15-05-2018 20:10
(21588)
monckton wrote:
It means the end of flushing and hitch-hiking will be popular again.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I suggest you look at the Colorado river compact. It's the real reason Lake Mead is lower now.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
15-05-2018 23:02
(436)
Oh he talks about that in the lecture he's very knowledgeable, but I did look it up - I can't see rising global average temperature listed as a signatory.
I found this statement chilling ...

"The cost and effort of daily maintenance becomes an issue in itself. Knocking down the fecal cone and removing debris..."

Imagine that on your list of daily chores growing up ... brutal, be like growing up in the Manson family. I wondered what the griddle pan was for.

A FEW THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE CONSIDERING A COMPOSTING TOILET
http://greenflushrestrooms.com/considering-composting-toilet
16-05-2018 00:39
(21588)
monckton wrote:
Oh he talks about that in the lecture he's very knowledgeable, but I did look it up - I can't see rising global average temperature listed as a signatory.
I found this statement chilling ...

"The cost and effort of daily maintenance becomes an issue in itself. Knocking down the fecal cone and removing debris..."

Imagine that on your list of daily chores growing up ... brutal, be like growing up in the Manson family. I wondered what the griddle pan was for.

A FEW THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE CONSIDERING A COMPOSTING TOILET
http://greenflushrestrooms.com/considering-composting-toilet

It's not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
16-05-2018 02:36
(436)
So what you saying, it's not getting warmer or you just don't know?
16-05-2018 05:01
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
monckton wrote:

... That's his logic. You're supposed to try to prove to him that we can. Then he'd say that he taught you something.
...By the way, what's causing the drought in the Southwest might also be causing France to warm as well. I've already posted the probable cause.
16-05-2018 13:53
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
James___ wrote:
monckton wrote:

... That's his logic. You're supposed to try to prove to him that we can. Then he'd say that he taught you something.
...By the way, what's causing the drought in the Southwest might also be causing France to warm as well. I've already posted the probable cause.

...Where the rain might have gone;
https://seattle.curbed.com/2018/1/3/16847184/seattle-wettest-four-year-record-rain

..I am willing to consider that warmer water (if water goes from
-1° C to 0° C. it is warmer) creates a slightly higher pressure system. Then the jet stream has a tendency to go up into British Columbia, Canada.
..And with the Gulf Stream flowing north, it's slowed as a result. All this means is that if there were away to efficiently to remove heat being released from the eastern Us and Europe that goes up into the Arctic. If there were then the Arctic might cool.

... I think I need to start drinking again. There's just no way water in the Arctic can be heated changing both the currents and the weather.
16-05-2018 15:32
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
@All,
.It would be possible to Grand the last 20 years for the jet streams position, temperature in 4 cities and for rainfall. That would show if there's a trend associated with Arctic warming.
16-05-2018 16:08
(436)
James___ wrote:
... That's his logic. You're supposed to try to prove to him that we can.

Nah I wouldn't bother.
I'm happy to defer to the guys who think you can measure it and it's rising than waste time on someone who thinks you can't measure it therefore it's not.
I'd put him on cone-topping duty.

16-05-2018 19:22
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
monckton wrote:
James___ wrote:

Nah I wouldn't bother.
I'm happy to defer to the guys who think you can measure it and it's rising than waste time on someone who thinks you can't measure it therefore it's not.

LMAO!!!

..With what I was thinking, the 4 cities could be Seattle, USA. Los Angeles, USA. Paris, France and London, England. A spread sheet that shows everything on a graph might not be that difficult to do. Just would wonder if people would complain if using previously recorded data to find out if there's a trend or not.
..Why 2 west coast cities in the U.S. and 2 similarly positioned cities on the east side of the Atlantic ? Heat can come off the water depending on the wind. And if similar trends are found on the east side of the Pacific and the Atlantic then a common cause might be considered.
..Why am I not mentioning the Southern Hemisphere ? It doesn't have faults in Antarctica like there like the Atlantic and Gakkel Ridges.
..It could take a week or 2 to go over temperatures and rainfall, etc. for the last 20 years for the 4 cities mentioned and to put it in a spread sheet.
..The link shows one way to get information. 5 year periods could become averaged and then 4 lines would represent each 5 year period.
https://www.google.com/search?q=seattle%2C+wa.+weather+monthly+average&oq=seattle%2C+wa.+weather+monthly+average&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.11021j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
16-05-2018 19:58
(21588)
monckton wrote:
James___ wrote:

Nah I wouldn't bother.

There is no one that can measure it. Any 'data' you see concerning a global temperature is manufactured.

The problem, you see, is that there aren't enough thermometers to even begin a sensible statistical analysis.

The Parrot Killer

16-05-2018 20:02
(21588)
James___ wrote:
monckton wrote:
James___ wrote:

Nah I wouldn't bother.

LMAO!!!

..With what I was thinking, the 4 cities could be Seattle, USA. Los Angeles, USA. Paris, France and London, England. A spread sheet that shows everything on a graph might not be that difficult to do. Just would wonder if people would complain if using previously recorded data to find out if there's a trend or not.
..Why 2 west coast cities in the U.S. and 2 similarly positioned cities on the east side of the Atlantic ? Heat can come off the water depending on the wind. And if similar trends are found on the east side of the Pacific and the Atlantic then a common cause might be considered.
..Why am I not mentioning the Southern Hemisphere ? It doesn't have faults in Antarctica like there like the Atlantic and Gakkel Ridges.
..It could take a week or 2 to go over temperatures and rainfall, etc. for the last 20 years for the 4 cities mentioned and to put it in a spread sheet.
..The link shows one way to get information. 5 year periods could become averaged and then 4 lines would represent each 5 year period.
https://www.google.com/search?q=seattle%2C+wa.+weather+monthly+average&oq=seattle%2C+wa.+weather+monthly+average&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.11021j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

A useless piece of information. It certainly doesn't show anything about global temperature.

The Parrot Killer

16-05-2018 21:17
(436)
Into the Night wrote:
There is no one that can measure it. Any 'data' you see concerning a global temperature is manufactured.

The problem, you see, is that there aren't enough thermometers to even begin a sensible statistical analysis.

Well you only need one to measure the hot air you come out with.

17-05-2018 01:03
(21588)
monckton wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

What a typically fundamentalist thing to say. The Church of Global Warming is false, dude.

The Parrot Killer

17-05-2018 02:06
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
monckton wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

...Yep, go ahead and show itn's good side. Now people might actually like him.

.If you look back 1 year at a time, it looks like this year and last year were/are a little warmer. One thing I am mindful of is that the drought in the southwest US has been going on about as long as France has been having heatwaves. That's a rather odd coincidence.

https://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/LFPV/2011/5/16/MonthlyHistory.html?&reqdb.zip=&reqdb.magic=&reqdb.wmo=

..If your wondering Monckton, I think waste heat might be helping to warm the arctic which in turn helps deep faults and hydrothermal vents to heat the bottom of the north Atlantic and the Arctic Oceans. CO2 levels would/could be an indicator of the amount of heat being released into the atmosphere.
..This is where finding out how much energy between fuels and electricity is used might give an idea of the total heat generated. As one German scientists would put it, the extra heat would be an intensifier with the melting of glaciers a feedback mechanism.
Edited on 17-05-2018 02:14
17-05-2018 04:30
(436)
Into the Night wrote:
What a typically fundamentalist thing to say. The Church of Global Warming is false, dude.

Yeah I think you set that stall out long ago.
Moving things along a bit, these new federal cone-topping guidelines - is it just me but don't they give new meaning to the old saying "... walk softly, and carry a big stick?".

Join the debate Another dry year in the Colorado River Basin increases the need for additional state and federal actions:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Federal Ballot2518-03-2024 20:18
Happy New Year1203-01-2024 02:16
86 year old Jane Fonda will only date men in their 20's. Whew I'm safe204-12-2023 03:58
Deep state RFKjr assassination plot thwarted, for now.017-09-2023 15:01
The deep state has a choice, destroy Trump, or help him get reelected113-09-2023 01:14
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact