Remember me
▼ Content

Anecdote or coincidence or what?

Page 2 of 2<12
11-09-2019 16:21
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
tmiddles wrote:Over and over again they claim the 2nd LTD means radiance from a cooler body cannot be absorbed by a warmer one.

So what do you do?

hint: you present one repeatable example of something.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
11-09-2019 17:25
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
keepit wrote:the skin gets down to the ambient temp
...No skin is about 91F in a 70F room. ...

What you fail to grasp, is that skin temperature is independent of body temperature.
Not exactly. It's determined by body temperature but your skin is cooler than your heart sure. Of course your body regulates your temperature as it metabolizes the food you've eaten. You are almost always in an environment cooler than you are so it's making up the difference.

HarveyH55 wrote:
I really don't get the obsession,

Then let me explain:
This board has been shut down for 5 years by ITN/IBD insisting that you can't defy the 2nd LTD with a cooler gas having any effect on the temperature of a warmer surface. That not only is the greenhouse effect impossible but that an atmosphere has not effect at all on a planets temperature:
IBdaMann wrote:
Atmosphere has no effect on the overall total body emission or the overall average body temperature.
Into the Night wrote:
keepit wrote:
CO2 absorbtion of surface infrared ...heats the atmosphere. Surface cools but CO2 warms. No energy lost. then CO2 radiates back to the earth. Meanwhille, back at the ranch, the sun keeps pouring heat in. Temp goes up.

CO2 cannot in turn heat the already warmer surface.
You are again ignoring the 2nd law of thermodynamics.

Over and over again they claim the 2nd LTD means radiance from a cooler body cannot be absorbed by a warmer one. It is the principle argument on this forum for why we cannot talk about "Global Warming".
So don't be confused about why I think it's important.
Why is the example of you right now in the room your in right now proving them wrong? Because it's repeatable, couldn't be more relateable, and proves their weird take on the 2nd LTD dead wrong.

HarveyH55 wrote:The incidence of a slightly cooler body, warming an already warmer body, just doesn't make any sense.

Let me ask you Harvey:
Do you believe the walls around you are radiating? That infra red radiance is shining off them toward you and the infra-red radiation is hitting you?
Do you believe it's being absorbed by your body?

No, I'm not buying any of that metaphysics stuff. It's just a lot of arguing, fight, insanity. Your body's insulating properties isn't 100%, everything, even 'greenhouse' gasses. Heat leaks, which makes sense to me, we aren't meant to be motionless, and motion also generates heat, which would need to be removed. Really would make any difference what the walls are emitting, since it's weaker than what the warm body is shedding. Your body has mechanisms to increase, and decrease the amount of heat lost as well. Seriously doubt a single number represents this. I don't believe math developed for inanimate objects, applies the same way to living bodies.

I've said this all before, more than once. But guess, you are going to ask that question again. And know what? I'm tempted to go through all 7 of your threads on this silly issue, and compile a list of all the answers give to you. Since you ask the same question, I'll just include the answers for you. Every time you repeat the question, I'll just copy/paste the list of answers...
12-09-2019 09:15
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
present one repeatable example of something.

You're just goofing off. You have yet to explain why you don't consider human radiance in a room not repeatable. Blah blah blah
You are disproven in every textbook and here:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference

HarveyH55 wrote:
No, I'm not buying any of that metaphysics stuff. ..... Really would make any difference what the walls are emitting, since it's weaker than what the warm body is shedding.

With this example you've just ignored everything I've said from the beginning Harvey. No one has responded with any answer to how the calculation should be done (if they think I did it wrong). And I'll remind you it's just an example from a college physics text book. It proves this board is the victim of fraud by ITN/IBD.
Edited on 12-09-2019 09:24
12-09-2019 19:34
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
present one repeatable example of something.

You're just goofing off. You have yet to explain why you don't consider human radiance in a room not repeatable. Blah blah blah
You are disproven in every textbook and here:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference

HarveyH55 wrote:
No, I'm not buying any of that metaphysics stuff. ..... Really would make any difference what the walls are emitting, since it's weaker than what the warm body is shedding.

With this example you've just ignored everything I've said from the beginning Harvey. No one has responded with any answer to how the calculation should be done (if they think I did it wrong). And I'll remind you it's just an example from a college physics text book. It proves this board is the victim of fraud by ITN/IBD.

Repetious lies and questions that have already been answered.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Page 2 of 2<12

Join the debate Anecdote or coincidence or what?:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact