Remember me
▼ Content

Amazon, The End Is Near...

Amazon, The End Is Near...20-09-2019 04:29
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5193)
https://www.wftv.com/news/national-news/ap-top-news/amazon-vows-to-cut-emissions-to-combat-climate-change/988029100

All the I believe it's all talk, and there will be little action, but if it's true, we should see the fall of a giant. Which, over all, should be a good thing in the end. Maybe Walmart will jump on the 'green' train as well. Both sell an incredible quantity of cheap crap, direct from China. Amazon is real bad about it too, you have to careful check the shipping, if it's something you'd like to have in a week or less, not 4-6 weeks...

Pretty sure it's mostly a numbers game, to placate the 'green' employees, and boost public image, already tarnished by the China trade wars. There will be a new trade deal, and doubtful the Chinese crap will be as cheap, least price-wise, quality, well... I like buying cheap, Chinese products, as much as anyone, but know that I own what I buy, good or bad, and not feasible to complain about, use it or toss it. With similar domestic made products, least you can expect some recourse, if it's crap. Least there is some potential to keep our money over here, fueling our own economy. Unfortunately, American companies are also greedy, and will likely raise their prices proportionally to China, and we just spend more, and same situation as before.
20-09-2019 14:00
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
At first i thought you were talking about the amazon forest.
20-09-2019 18:18
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14373)
HarveyH55 wrote:
https://www.wftv.com/news/national-news/ap-top-news/amazon-vows-to-cut-emissions-to-combat-climate-change/988029100

'Middle of the herd' no more: Amazon tackles climate change
By: JOSEPH PISANI and BANI SAPRA, AP Business Writers
Updated: Sep 19, 2019 - 7:15 PM

The company, which ships more than 10 billion items a year on fuel-guzzling planes and trucks, said it has ordered 100,000 electric vans that will start delivering packages to shoppers' doorsteps in 2021.

So Amazon will be increasing the overall creation of CO2, they just will be saying that it isn't coming from them but rather from the commercial generators that will ultimately be charging the vans.

Overall, more CO2 will be generated but Amazon will be laughing at everyone saying "it's them, not us!"

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
20-09-2019 18:35
(5193)
keepit wrote:
At first i thought you were talking about the amazon forest.

Yeah, I get creative with the titles. Sometimes they just pop in my head. The wildfires last month, was likely just nature just clean up some of the trash and debris, so the ground cover plants can grow a little better. It's never quite as destructive, as the drama make it seem.
20-09-2019 18:36
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Yep.
20-09-2019 18:48
(5193)
IBdaMann wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

'Middle of the herd' no more: Amazon tackles climate change
By: JOSEPH PISANI and BANI SAPRA, AP Business Writers
Updated: Sep 19, 2019 - 7:15 PM

The company, which ships more than 10 billion items a year on fuel-guzzling planes and trucks, said it has ordered 100,000 electric vans that will start delivering packages to shoppers' doorsteps in 2021.

So Amazon will be increasing the overall creation of CO2, they just will be saying that it isn't coming from them but rather from the commercial generators that will ultimately be charging the vans.

Overall, more CO2 will be generated but Amazon will be laughing at everyone saying "it's them, not us!"

I work for a company that has at least 26 large distribution warehouses, and we use a lot of electricity, burn a lot of diesel. Those 100,000 trucks aren't going to make a huge difference. We service convenience stores, not residential. They are way more energy dependent. Their carbon burning, also comes from the products being delivered from China. Pretty sure those cargo ships aren't painted green either. Not everything the sell, ever goes through an Amazon warehouse either, they also use other commercial shippers, like USPS,UPS, FEDEX, and DHL. A few solar panels, and electric trucks, are just window dressings. There are no 'green' cargo jets either, which is what makes Prime membership Next-Day possible.
20-09-2019 19:03
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Green jets might be coming.
20-09-2019 20:10
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
keepit wrote:

They're already here. Green livery on jets has been used on a number of occasions.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
20-09-2019 20:32
(5193)
Into the Night wrote:
keepit wrote:

They're already here. Green livery on jets has been used on a number of occasions.

So, if we paint all the coal and oil burning power plants with a nice coat of green paint, we solve the warming thing?
20-09-2019 21:36
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Your cuteness isn't a substitute for smartness.

Join the debate Amazon, The End Is Near...:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Jimmy Hoffa's body may be located which will mean the end of World Hunger and climate change both001-11-2023 20:25
Only New Central Bank Type Appear Can End Global Currency War325-07-2023 22:50
Amazon, Google, Meta, Microsoft and other tech firms agree to AI safeguards set by the White House021-07-2023 19:45
The Ukraine War Will End Immediately If The USA Receive The Benefits They Looking For015-07-2023 09:03
Make A Donation If You Want To Have A Hint Of How The Current World Conflicts End113-07-2023 20:47
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact