Remember me
▼ Content

Alaska, July, hottest month every recorded...

Alaska, July, hottest month every recorded...17-08-2019 20:20
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5195)
https://www.wftv.com/news/national-news/ap-top-news/alaska-records-its-warmest-month-ever-future-records-likely/976898889

The article tries to make it look horrible, but everything seems like a blessing.
The previous record was set in 2004, and broken by only 0.80 F degrees. Is global warming something that only happens every 15 years?

They touch a little on having a longer wildfire seasons, but made no reference to any actual wildfires. We have a wildfire season in Florida, as many states do, and we've had a few this year, like every year. Wildfires are normal, and natural (usually), actually a good thing, cleans up some of the mess, so new plants and trees can grow.

Most of the plants, animals, people seem to be enjoying the warm weather, and less ice. Didn't really understand the climatologist's remark,"Alaska looks the way it does because of the temperature regime, he said, and in 50 years, Alaska may look like Idaho". I've been to Idaho, a few times, different seasons as well. I didn't find it that objectionable, bad show storm messed up our plans once, but that's anywhere middle of the winter. Never been to Alaska though, but pretty sure it's a little cooler most of the year, than what I wish to tolerate. I imagine the climatologist didn't make his comments loudly, or publicly, someone would have been sent for some rope... The people are are mainly focused on conserving heat, so they may not have the proper clothing handy for longer warm spells, and their homes might no vent excess heat well. These things are easy to fix, if the warm weather were to be the normal. Was glad to see the barley crops did well, ready for an early harvest, no shortage of beer this year.
19-08-2019 07:13
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
HarveyH55 wrote:
https://www.wftv.com/news/national-news/ap-top-news/alaska-records-its-warmest-month-ever-future-records-likely/976898889

The article tries to make it look horrible, but everything seems like a blessing.
The previous record was set in 2004, and broken by only 0.80 F degrees. Is global warming something that only happens every 15 years?

They touch a little on having a longer wildfire seasons, but made no reference to any actual wildfires. We have a wildfire season in Florida, as many states do, and we've had a few this year, like every year. Wildfires are normal, and natural (usually), actually a good thing, cleans up some of the mess, so new plants and trees can grow.

Most of the plants, animals, people seem to be enjoying the warm weather, and less ice. Didn't really understand the climatologist's remark,"Alaska looks the way it does because of the temperature regime, he said, and in 50 years, Alaska may look like Idaho". I've been to Idaho, a few times, different seasons as well. I didn't find it that objectionable, bad show storm messed up our plans once, but that's anywhere middle of the winter. Never been to Alaska though, but pretty sure it's a little cooler most of the year, than what I wish to tolerate. I imagine the climatologist didn't make his comments loudly, or publicly, someone would have been sent for some rope... The people are are mainly focused on conserving heat, so they may not have the proper clothing handy for longer warm spells, and their homes might no vent excess heat well. These things are easy to fix, if the warm weather were to be the normal. Was glad to see the barley crops did well, ready for an early harvest, no shortage of beer this year.

While wildfires are normal, California and Vancouver BC have had increased fires due to their not cutting back the brush like they used to. Ecologists don't let them anymore, you see.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Join the debate Alaska, July, hottest month every recorded...:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
General motors buys 20 million parts a month from china028-12-2023 19:18
July 4, 2023 - Hottest day ever recorded20125-12-2023 14:11
Book your bargain rate Israeli Tel Aviv or Jerusalem vacation now, free 4th of July style fireworks inclu118-10-2023 05:25
Present temperature spike July '233127-09-2023 00:27
THIS MONTH'S WORLD'S LARGEST WIND TURBINE GOES OPERATIONAL529-07-2023 20:03
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact