Remember me
▼ Content

AI

Page 1 of 212>
AI31-12-2019 01:18
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Has anyone noticed that right now most interactions with business or govt involve a person at the other end that is interacting with a computer.
Guess what - that person you are interacting with will do what the computer tells them to do every time. That person at the other end of the conversation won't think for them self. These computers are in charge and it's getting worse.
Watch out.
Edited on 31-12-2019 01:19
31-12-2019 01:29
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:
Has anyone noticed that right now most interactions with business or govt involve a person at the other end that is interacting with a computer.
Guess what - that person you are interacting with will do what the computer tells them to do every time. That person at the other end of the conversation won't think for them self. These computers are in charge and it's getting worse.
Watch out.

If people are doing their jobs as data operators, not really an issue. Since Democrats want President Trump impeached and Republicans support both China and Russia, what is the law? It is what republicans decide it is? And their allies are North Korea, China and Russia.
As for the Democrats, they have none. Trump will win in 2020 and Republicans will repeal term limits for presidents.
31-12-2019 01:39
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
That's a lot of predictions of the future James. Such specific predictions don't have a good probability of being right.
Re: your election prediction. It seems to me that the election hinges on the rust belt, florida, and texas. Polls other than that don't have much relevance.
31-12-2019 01:57
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:
That's a lot of predictions of the future James. Such specific predictions don't have a good probability of being right.
Re: your election prediction. It seems to me that the election hinges on the rust belt, florida, and texas. Polls other than that don't have much relevance.

Not a prediction. trump will win. I'm a (registered) Democrat. A vote for Joe Biden is a vote for Hunter Biden. Hunter always does better when his father is in the White House. This suggests corruption.
And trump says he does better when Melania spreads her legs. Prostitutes also say they do better when they spread their legs for Trump.
Why would a president put his wife in this position?
31-12-2019 02:00
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
James,
This thread is about AI. Don't hijack it. Start you own thread.
Edited on 31-12-2019 02:04
31-12-2019 02:08
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:
James,
This post is about AI. Don't hijack it. Start you own post.

Your post was based on probability. Explain that function. If not then I am not your problem.
31-12-2019 02:10
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
James,
You're not a problem. Sure, probability is involved in anything but the main point i wanted to discuss was the dangers of AI.

I haven't figured out your purpose in distorting it.
Edited on 31-12-2019 02:11
31-12-2019 02:16
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:
James,
You're not a problem. Sure, probability is involved in anything but the main point i wanted to discuss was the dangers of AI.

Who is in control? Even you can't say. People need the opportunity to say no.
31-12-2019 03:21
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
That's the problem with AI. People will lose control. That will lead to even more global warming.
31-12-2019 03:50
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:
That's the problem with AI. People will lose control. That will lead to even more global warming.

At the moment I just want to be a racist a$$hole, okay? It's those friggin' Native Americans. They wanted me to graduate from their school while Americans told me to go to hell.
This creates a problem for me because neither Americans nor Native Americans have a clue. I mean on the one hand there is Harvey55 or GasGuzzler and on the other hand Into the Night.
And I can get 1 buck skin per scalp. Who's scalp and do I really want it? If it's an Englisher and their hair is thinning, is that really worth a buck? I think someone would be cheating me.
And then there is pubic hair. How much is that scalp worth? Is she or he a virgin and if it's a "he" and I prefer a "she", what value should I place on such a scalp?
I agree with keepit. we do need controls otherwise scalps could lose value on the open market.

If ya'all are wondering, this is when racism feels good. It's just playing up to accepted stereotypes..
Edited on 31-12-2019 03:52
31-12-2019 04:45
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
What's gotten into you?
31-12-2019 05:59
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:
What's gotten into you?

Who is you as you are me and I am the eggman.
Kookoo cachoo.
We don't need the spooks and the gooks and the red man.
You don't get it, do you. we are defined by what we hate.
As I hate you, I am. As i hate niggers, I am.
As I hate kites, I am. I am defined by by hatred and by my ignorance.
As a descendant of Chief Wahunsenacawh, or his daughter Pocahntas,
I am nothing to you. It is your hatred of my descendants that define who I am.
In Native American lore, i am a shadow warrior because you do not see me even if I use racial epithets. No ghost warrior has anything on me and that's pretty cool.
And ITN, in many ways this is pretty awesome.
A simple understanding, racial hatred is not something associated with Native Americans but is associated with white people.
Edited on 31-12-2019 06:01
31-12-2019 06:42
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
James wrote:
I mean on the one hand there is Harvey55 or GasGuzzler and on the other hand Into the Night.

IBdaMann doesn't even get a mention?? Rude.

Good grief. I got busy and stepped out for a few days...wow. James, I'm just minding my own business sitting here eating a grilled chicken breast with racist cheese on it and staring up at the jet stream. What's got you so pissed off toinght?
31-12-2019 06:57
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
GasGuzzler wrote: IBdaMann doesn't even get a mention??

I feel like I'm losing my game. Am I becomming a "has been"? Am I being forgotten faster than Diane Feinstein?

I don't know if I'm ready to face this. Should I start appealing to progressives in order to temporarily spike my ratings in a desperate pursuit of relevance?

I'm open to suggestions.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
31-12-2019 07:05
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Y'all lost me. Maybe someone will say something that i can understand here.
31-12-2019 07:11
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
keepit wrote:

Taxing the hell out of the wealthy is the best way to ensure sustainable growth and fair income for all in this global economy. There, I tossed you a bone.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Edited on 31-12-2019 07:13
31-12-2019 07:12
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote: IBdaMann doesn't even get a mention??

I feel like I'm losing my game. Am I becomming a "has been"? Am I being forgotten faster than Diane Feinstein?

I don't know if I'm ready to face this. Should I start appealing to progressives in order to temporarily spike my ratings in a desperate pursuit of relevance?

I'm open to suggestions.

What might an appeal to progressives sound like from you?!

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
31-12-2019 08:19
(14389)
GasGuzzler wrote:What might an appeal to progressives sound like from you?!

This is off the cuff so you're going to have to bear with me ...

"I think it's shameless how GasGuzzler and Into the Night claim that we can't know where Denver is. They would have us believe that it can't be known whether the sun even warms the earth because 'we don't have enough thermometers'. And don't even try to use normal every day words because all they'll do is snap 'Define manifold stack injection."

How's that for a first-effort? I'm just getting my feet wet so I'll need a little time to find my groove.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
31-12-2019 08:23
(14389)
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:

Taxing the hell out of the wealthy is the best way to ensure sustainable growth and fair income for all in this global economy. There, I tossed you a bone.

How about "For every dollar printed by the Treasury, the number of dollars remains constant."

31-12-2019 16:22
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:What might an appeal to progressives sound like from you?!

This is off the cuff so you're going to have to bear with me ...

"I think it's shameless how GasGuzzler and Into the Night claim that we can't know where Denver is. They would have us believe that it can't be known whether the sun even warms the earth because 'we don't have enough thermometers'. And don't even try to use normal every day words because all they'll do is snap 'Define manifold stack injection."

How's that for a first-effort? I'm just getting my feet wet so I'll need a little time to find my groove.

Hey, not bad! Are the recruitment PMs rolling in yet?

31-12-2019 16:24
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:

How about "For every dollar printed by the Treasury, the number of dollars remains constant."

Exactly why I don't bother to print my money. I never seen to wind up with any more than when I started.

31-12-2019 16:24
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:

Exactly why I don't bother to print my money. I never seem to wind up with any more than when I started.

Edited on 31-12-2019 16:25
31-12-2019 18:20
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
The words that will clarify this is "negotiable securities". Once the govt prints them they can be used to make certain transactions. Eventually the Treasury has to pay them off.
The difference is that the govt has to pay interest on them. In some cases it would be better to print dollars than treasuries because the govt doesn't have to pay interest on the dollar bills it prints.
31-12-2019 20:19
(14389)
GasGuzzler wrote: Hey, not bad! Are the recruitment PMs rolling in yet?

Yep, they're streaming in. I'm referring them to Engage with the IPCC. I'm hoping I can get this monetized and make a mint.

01-01-2020 00:09
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
keepit wrote:
Watch out.

Your computer is controlling YOU. Watch out!

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
01-01-2020 00:10
(21582)
keepit wrote:

News polls have no relevance whatsoever. They are completely meaningless.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
01-01-2020 00:11
(21582)
James___ wrote:
keepit wrote:
James,
This post is about AI. Don't hijack it. Start you own post.

Your post was based on probability. Explain that function. If not then I am not your problem.

Probability is not a function. It is a branch of mathematics. You both deny it.

The Parrot Killer

01-01-2020 00:12
(21582)
keepit wrote:
James,

First, you need to define 'AI'.

What do YOU consider 'AI'.

The Parrot Killer

01-01-2020 00:12
(21582)
keepit wrote:

Define 'AI'. Define 'global warming'.

The Parrot Killer

01-01-2020 00:14
(21582)
keepit wrote:

So far, you have been unwilling to understand anything.

The Parrot Killer

01-01-2020 00:16
(21582)
keepit wrote:
The words that will clarify this is "negotiable securities". Once the govt prints them they can be used to make certain transactions. Eventually the Treasury has to pay them off.
The difference is that the govt has to pay interest on them. In some cases it would be better to print dollars than treasuries because the govt doesn't have to pay interest on the dollar bills it prints.

Yes it does. The 'interest' comes in the form of inflation.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 01-01-2020 00:17
01-01-2020 00:22
(14389)
Into the Night wrote:News polls have no relevance whatsoever. They are completely meaningless.

I beg to differ.

New polls serve a clear and distinct purpose. It's the answers/responses to the poll questions that are meaningless.

The news polls are used as the basis for justifying the completely fabricated "conclusions" that are claimed to be derived from the completely meaningless answers to the completely ambiguous questions.

Without news polls, we wouldn't know what the DNC expects us to believe, we wouldn't know who the DNC wants us to think is "winning" and who needs to be cast "out of favor" amongst the DNC's obedient servants.

01-01-2020 00:29
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
ITN,
You make an almost constant stream of false claims about me and what i've said. It's not worth refuting them except once in a while just for the fun of it.
01-01-2020 00:44
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:News polls have no relevance whatsoever. They are completely meaningless.

I beg to differ.

New polls serve a clear and distinct purpose. It's the answers/responses to the poll questions that are meaningless.

The news polls are used as the basis for justifying the completely fabricated "conclusions" that are claimed to be derived from the completely meaningless answers to the completely ambiguous questions.

Without news polls, we wouldn't know what the DNC expects us to believe, we wouldn't know who the DNC wants us to think is "winning" and who needs to be cast "out of favor" amongst the DNC's obedient servants.

Polls are a marketing product, with value and purpose. Polls aren't conducted for free, or for fun. There is an expected result, and the pollsters craft those results. There are a lot of ways to control the results. What's disturb though, is we tend to believe that each poll, is based on actual people, answering questions, for that poll. In reality, they keep a database, of questions and answers, so they don't have to go through the trouble each time. People throw out junk mail, ignore robocalls, filter SPAM emails. Basically, it's tough to get people to answer surveys for free anymore. There are website you can get paid to fill out surveys. But, from what I understand, there is some bias, since the surveys they offer, and the pay, is based on previous participation.

Also tend to believe that all that data mining done online, and through phone apps, is often used as poll data as well. Sort like how climate change creates the data, to validate their astounding claims.
01-01-2020 01:00
(21582)
IBdaMann wrote:

I beg to differ.

Actually we would. The DNC is also putting out 'news' articles that push their propaganda. You make an interesting case though.

The Parrot Killer

01-01-2020 01:00
(21582)
keepit wrote:
ITN,
You make an almost constant stream of false claims about me and what i've said. It's not worth refuting them except once in a while just for the fun of it.

Void argument fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

01-01-2020 01:03
(21582)
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

I beg to differ.

Polls are a marketing product, with value and purpose. Polls aren't conducted for free, or for fun. There is an expected result, and the pollsters craft those results. There are a lot of ways to control the results. What's disturb though, is we tend to believe that each poll, is based on actual people, answering questions, for that poll. In reality, they keep a database, of questions and answers, so they don't have to go through the trouble each time. People throw out junk mail, ignore robocalls, filter SPAM emails. Basically, it's tough to get people to answer surveys for free anymore. There are website you can get paid to fill out surveys. But, from what I understand, there is some bias, since the surveys they offer, and the pay, is based on previous participation.

Also tend to believe that all that data mining done online, and through phone apps, is often used as poll data as well. Sort like how climate change creates the data, to validate their astounding claims.

The bias is unknown. The raw data is not available. The questions asked is unavailable. The cross section of those questioned is unavailable. The resulting summary conclusion is completely meaningless.

The Parrot Killer

01-01-2020 02:28
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
The thing with AI is that the computers are doing more thinking than we are.
If they could tell us when the Ross Ice Shelf was going to crack off that would be helpful. The Ross is holding back a huge amount of glacier in antarctica from sliding into the ocean, enough to raise the sea level 10 feet everywhere.
01-01-2020 10:35
(21582)
keepit wrote:

Computers don't think. They are just very fast sequencing machines.
keepit wrote:
If they could tell us when the Ross Ice Shelf was going to crack off that would be helpful.

It cracks every summer. What's new?
keepit wrote:
The Ross is holding back a huge amount of glacier in antarctica from sliding into the ocean, enough to raise the sea level 10 feet everywhere.

Argument from randU fallacy. Not enough ice.

The Parrot Killer

01-01-2020 19:18
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:
If they could tell us when the Ross Ice Shelf was going to crack off that would be helpful. The Ross is holding back a huge amount of glacier in antarctica from sliding into the ocean, enough to raise the sea level 10 feet everywhere.

It would need to have a volume of 264,583 cubic miles.
Antarctica has a surface area of 5,410,000 square miles. That means that Antarctica would need lose an amount of ice equal to 258 feet in depth across it's entire surface.
The information I found states that the Ross Ice Shelf is comparable in size to Spain and is about 0.62 miles deep. If so then it's volume is about 121,172 cubic miles. That comes out as about 4.6 feet. Isn't math fun

One issue with the Ross ice shelf is https://scripps.ucsd.edu/news/ross-sea-floats-show-why-antarcticas-largest-ice-shelf-melts-rapidly-summer
They say 40 ft if it slides into the ocean. The problem is that http://theconversation.com/climate-scientists-explore-hidden-ocean-beneath-antarcticas-largest-ice-shelf-90006.
This might be why the Ross ice shelf is warming at it's base, https://www.livescience.com/41262-west-antarctica-new-volcano-discovered.html it sits right next to an active volcano.
There's little we can do to stop Mother Nature. And if the Ross ice shelf breaks loose, this doesn't mean that other ice is going to melt as well and flow into the ocean. For all we know, Mt. Erubus might become less active because a lot of weight on it's base would be gone.
A link to a map showing both the Ross ice shelf and Mt. Erubus locations.
https://binged.it/2QeHAgb
Edited on 01-01-2020 19:19
Page 1 of 212>

Join the debate AI:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Chatbots sometimes make things up. Is AI's hallucination problem fixable?503-08-2023 13:20
WHEN IS OPEN SOURCE AI NOT OPEN SOURCE AI?4226-07-2023 02:56
Amazon, Google, Meta, Microsoft and other tech firms agree to AI safeguards set by the White House021-07-2023 19:45
Ai was used to MURDER a child..............!012-07-2023 21:29
AI Robot Soldier Video1101-07-2023 03:34
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact