Remember me
▼ Content

Affiliation

Affiliation19-04-2020 20:17
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Why do people affiliate themselves with one party?
For example, regarding the republicans and the democrats, neither party has the correct position on every issue. That would defy logic and statistics.
So why affiliate with either one when you know there are many errors with either party? It seems kind of restrictive to me. Maybe that's what people like though.
19-04-2020 21:29
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14406)
keepit wrote:Why do people affiliate themselves with one party

Because the Libertarians stand for time-tested values on which the greatest country ever was founded, and not like all the others, ever, of promising to rob Peter to pay Paul.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
19-04-2020 22:09
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
IBD,
They're borrowing from peter top pay paul.
19-04-2020 22:47
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
keepit wrote:
IBD,
They're borrowing from peter top pay paul.

Taxation is robbery...
19-04-2020 22:59
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Researchers are finding that covid19 affects the heart, kidneys, and small blood vessels. Hope fully it won't affect my brain if i get it. But then again, why wouldn't it?
19-04-2020 23:05
(14406)
keepit wrote: IBD, They're borrowing from peter top pay paul.

keepit, there is a particularly applicable word in the English language for your pronoun above: "antecedent."

Might we convince you to apply it?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
19-04-2020 23:14
(14406)
keepit wrote: Researchers are finding that covid19 affects the heart, kidneys, and small blood vessels. Hope fully it won't affect my brain if i get it. But then again, why wouldn't it?

All viruses get into the blood stream, ergo all viruses "affect" everything that receives blood.

If those "researchers" have not yet "found" that COVID-19 ALSO affects the skin, the liver, the pancreas, the eyes and lungs, for example, then why are they even being paid ... much less being lent importance?

20-04-2020 03:55
(5197)
keepit wrote:
Researchers are finding that covid19 affects the heart, kidneys, and small blood vessels. Hope fully it won't affect my brain if i get it. But then again, why wouldn't it?

Likely a load of BS, grant-fishing, nonsense. If there was more to this virus, than a mild respiratory infection, we would be taking it a lot more serious. Like a complete lockdown, until a vaccine can be administered to everyone, and checked, to see if it worked. Nobodies organs are melting down, like that late night movie.

The immune system can damage a lot of organs an tissues, which is what actually is killing people, not the infection itself.
20-04-2020 04:27
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
keepit wrote:

Your brain has already been affected by the Liberal Pathogen, let alone COVID-19... That's why you're batting 0.000
20-04-2020 06:00
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
gfm7175 wrote:
keepit wrote:

Your brain has already been affected by the Liberal Pathogen, let alone COVID-19... That's why you're batting 0.000

5717mfg,
A batting average is between .000 and 1.000. There is no batting average of 0.000. Any American would know this.
20-04-2020 07:51
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21597)
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
keepit wrote:

5717mfg,
A batting average is between .000 and 1.000. There is no batting average of 0.000. Any American would know this.

.000 is 0.000.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
20-04-2020 10:35
(5197)
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
keepit wrote:

5717mfg,

Thanks, glad to know I'm more than an average American... I didn't know that. Then again, I didn't know crap-sacks were elective surgery, or covered by Medicare, either...
20-04-2020 17:46
(3314)
James___ wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
keepit wrote:

5717mfg,

.000 and 0.000 are the same number. So is 0.00
20-04-2020 22:11
(14406)
gfm7175 wrote:.000 and 0.000 are the same number. So is 0.00

I am going to have to lay down the law on this one, in the name of the great American pastime of baseball ...

All batting averages must have three decimals. Thou shalt not have two except to proceed to three. Four shall not be had.

The leading zero is usually omitted but if someone is "battling a thousand" ... well, you can see from whence the saying comes, you must have the leading one and all three decimals.

20-04-2020 22:33
(5197)
I don't know much about climate-change-calculus they are teaching these days. But, averages represent some ratio. When you divide the number of arguments you actual won, by your IQ score, it always comes up '0'...

In climate change math, averages are always non-zero, other wise we would be always warming at an alarming rate.
20-04-2020 22:35
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:.000 and 0.000 are the same number. So is 0.00

I am going to have to lay down the law on this one, in the name of the great American pastime of baseball ...

All batting averages must have three decimals. Thou shalt not have two except to proceed to three. Four shall not be had.

The leading zero is usually omitted but if someone is "battling a thousand" ... well, you can see from whence the saying comes, you must have the leading one and all three decimals.

But yes, a batting average is typically represented in thousandths (without the leading zero). (.241, .302, .000, etc...)

EDIT: Although, IF keepit finally gets a hit, he will have whiffed so many times that a three decimal batting average won't be enough to distinguish one hit from zero hits...
Edited on 20-04-2020 22:40

Join the debate Affiliation:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact