Remember me
▼ Content

About the damage that Obama did to science.

Page 3 of 5<12345>
03-12-2019 10:26
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:

Trump never called for a ban in Muslims or on Islam in any way.
Are you trying to argue with the guy in the picture? You know he can't hear you (it's a jpeg, no AI in those yet). Should we try to find his address so you can write to him? Where do you think he got this shirt and what is the shirt referencing?

IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
It is people like you that wish to keep racism alive.
So you don't think it's alive and well?
It is, because people like you keep it alive and well.
So I'm doing this?:
(Charlottesville, August 12, 2017)
I own tan pants and a blue shirt.
Can you find the "Very fine people" in the picture?

Trump's speech verbatim

"TRUMP: I do think there is blame – yes, I think there is blame on both sides. You look at, you look at both sides. I think there's blame on both sides, and I have no doubt about it, and you don't have any doubt about it either. And, and, and, and if you reported it accurately, you would say.

REPORTER: The neo-Nazis started this thing. They showed up in Charlottesville.

TRUMP: Excuse me, they didn't put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down, of to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name."
Edited on 03-12-2019 10:27
03-12-2019 17:55
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Trump never called for a ban in Muslims or on Islam in any way.
Are you trying to argue with the guy in the picture? You know he can't hear you (it's a jpeg, no AI in those yet). Should we try to find his address so you can write to him? Where do you think he got this shirt and what is the shirt referencing?

No, I'm arguing with YOU.

Apparently you are too clueless to understand that.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
03-12-2019 23:14
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:
So what are your thoughts on the guy wearing the shirt? Clearly a TRUMP supporter. Do you think he's "confused"?
03-12-2019 23:57
(21582)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
So what are your thoughts on the guy wearing the shirt? Clearly a TRUMP supporter. Do you think he's "confused"?

Just as much as you.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
04-12-2019 02:09
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Just as much as you.

How so? No comment? Is he someone you agree with?
04-12-2019 03:02
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
tmiddles wrote:How so? No comment? Is he someone you agree with?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
04-12-2019 03:09
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Rather than making their case, some on this board just laugh. I thought i got away from that technique when i made it from 4th grade to 5th grade in school.
04-12-2019 04:03
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:How so? No comment? Is he someone you agree with?
(some pictures about weather)
So IBD your response to why a Trump supporter is wearing an I support the Muslim Ban Tshirt is that Einstein laughs about climate terminology?

Get a little confused about what thread you were in?
04-12-2019 05:27
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
tmiddles wrote:
TRUMP's call for a Muslim ban for example is not based on race.

You continue to sell this as a permanent ban. That is dishonest, but I get it. It's how you roll.

You continue to sell this as a ban on Muslims. That is dishonest, but I get it. It's how you roll.

The guys sweatshirt is dishonest, or he's confused, but I'm sure you can identify with both.

I'll try this one more time, although I'm quite certain I'm wasting my time because you have chosen to be offended by President Trump.

Trump called for a temporary travel ban for people arriving from certain countries that were causing the US problems. These countries happen to be mainly Muslim. He would have done the same to Canada or France or any other land that bad hombres were coming from to kill US citizens.

Now, try to follow this simple analogy. This might makes sense to even you Tmididdles!

Exercise by jogging is a good thing.
Muslims traveling to the US is a good thing.

Your right leg is part of your body, which part of your musculoskeletal system.
Muslim travel to the US is part of our immigration system.

A broken right leg is a bad thing, and part of that system is broken.
Muslims traveling to the US and killing Americans has broken part of the immigration system.

What does your doctor do with your leg? He fixes it and shut's it down for a while to make certain it is healed before you use it again. Everyone(even Tmiddles) knows that this is to prevent further damage to that system or other parts of it. He will certainly prescribe a TEMPORARY jogging ban. Is your doctor an idiot for this?....or just Trump.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Attached image:

Edited on 04-12-2019 05:50
04-12-2019 12:28
(3979)
GasGuzzler wrote:
You continue to sell this as a permanent ban.
Your attempt to assign to me a manufactured position you'd rather argue against is pointless. I have actually only quoted Trump and above shared a photo.

As President Trump issued Executive Order 13769, titled Protecting the Nation from Foreign Terrorist Entry into the United States.. He didn't call for it he did it as he had that power as President. Just as courts had the right to block it later.

Presidential Candidate Trump, with no more official power than any citizen "called for" a "ban on Muslims". Both of those phrases are Trump's, directly from him, and not my own.

The whole transcript:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UoQff8MMVM
"I'm Donald Trump and I approve this message.

The politicians can pretend it's something else but Donald Trump calls it radical islamic terrorism.

That's why he's calling for a temporary shut down of Muslim's entering the United States until we can figure out what's going on.

He'll quickly cut the heads off ISIS and take their oil.

And he'll stop illegal imigration by building a wall on our southern border that Mexico will pay for.

We will make america great again."

That's everything exactly as it's said in the 30 second spot.

Now this wonderful little gem was quite a surprise for me on this board. As a simple statement of fact I thought little of it until ITN basically announced his insanity first by claiming it never happened.

It is the gift that keeps on giving and more clearly shows the underlying demetia of some Climate Deniers than anything else. Well saying the temperature of Denver is unknownable is a close 2nd.
Edited on 04-12-2019 12:38
04-12-2019 16:18
(14389)
tmiddles wrote:Your attempt to assign to me a manufactured position you'd rather argue against is pointless.

... but you appreciate his doing so, yes?

tmiddles wrote:It is the gift that keeps on giving

Tell me about it. ... and claiming that the temperature of the undefined volume of "Denver" is "what we know" makes for a great chaser.

tmiddles wrote: Presidential Candidate Trump, with no more official power than any citizen "called for" a "ban on Muslims". Both of those phrases are Trump's, directly from him, and not my own.

You are well aware that you are overtly lying by virtue of intentionally omitting operative words. You are well aware that you are taking the whole issue completely out of context. You are well aware that you are being intentionally misleading in that regard. You are lying for the purpose of being intentionally misleading.

So ... success! You get an award.

I don't think you have fooled anyone here but you still get style points for your ongoing dishonesty.

tmiddles wrote:
The politicians can pretend it's something else but Donald Trump calls it radical islamic terrorism.

That's why he's calling for a temporary shut down of Muslim's entering the United States until we can figure out what's going on.

And he'll stop illegal imigration by building a wall on our southern border that Mexico will pay for.

We will make america great again."[/b]

Great. This is perfectly fine. You would be honest if this is what had cited and then explained in context of the Muslim terrorism. But you did not.

You lied about the context to effectively distort the message. I can only imagine that this is what was done to you ... but because you are so totally gullible you just bought the distortion without asking any questions. Now you expect everyone else to be as gullible as you were.

tmiddles wrote: As a simple statement of fact I thought little of it until ITN basically announced his insanity first by claiming it never happened.

He was correct. The distortion that you presented never happened. Into the Night never wrote that Trump never had any ads.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
04-12-2019 16:31
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
You are well aware that you are overtly lying by virtue of intentionally omitting operative words.

Nothing omitted here. This is the COMPLETE transcript verbatim:
"I'm Donald Trump and I approve this message.

[b]IBdaMann wrote:
You lied about the context ...
No I said nothing about the context other than to say Donald Trump aired this as his first campaign ad as a Presidential Candidate.

IBdaMann wrote:...never happened. ...

And this is what crazy looks like.
04-12-2019 16:39
(14389)
tmiddles wrote: Nothing omitted here.

Correct. They were nonetheless omitted here, for example:

tmiddles wrote:Presidential Candidate Trump, with no more official power than any citizen "called for" a "ban on Muslims". Both of those phrases are Trump's, directly from him, and not my own.

Now you are lying about your having lied.

Success! A toast to you!

04-12-2019 17:13
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UoQff8MMVM

No matter how hard you tap your ruby slippers wacko, this is and always will be Donald J Trumps own work and his first official campaign ad as a politician.

What's amazing is that you loons are so obsessed with never admitting you're wrong you'll just impale yourselves of this sword over and over.

The real gift here is to see, and hopefully learn from, the metal break down behind your lunacy. Since you're certainly part of a sizeable group.

You make it clear that for some people bumble bees don't fly because of aerodynamics, that facts and reality can be set aside. It explains a lot of how some "Climate Deniers" will never accept facts they don't like.
Edited on 04-12-2019 17:35
04-12-2019 17:48
(21582)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Just as much as you.

How so? No comment? Is he someone you agree with?

RQAA.

The Parrot Killer

04-12-2019 17:59
(21582)
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
You continue to sell this as a permanent ban.
Your attempt to assign to me a manufactured position you'd rather argue against is pointless. I have actually only quoted Trump and above shared a photo.

You quoted Trump out of context and search for photos of people wearing T-shirts declaring their hatred for Islam, which has nothing to do with Trump.
tmiddles wrote:
As President Trump issued Executive Order 13769, titled Protecting the Nation from Foreign Terrorist Entry into the United States.. He didn't call for it he did it as he had that power as President. Just as courts had the right to block it later.
The courts didn't block it. It is implemented.
tmiddles wrote:
Presidential Candidate Trump, with no more official power than any citizen "called for" a "ban on Muslims". Both of those phrases are Trump's, directly from him, and not my own.

Again, taken out of context. RDCF.
tmiddles wrote:

Radical Islamic terrorism is not all Muslims. Bigotry. RDCF.
tmiddles wrote:
He didn't.
tmiddles wrote:
We didn't take their oil. ISIS has no oil to take. They were a terrorist organization. They do not own any oil wells.
tmiddles wrote:
Mexico did pay for it. They are still paying for it.
tmiddles wrote:
'America' is capitalized. It is a proper noun.
tmiddles wrote:
What Trump says and does is much more than a 30 second spot. RDCF.
tmiddles wrote:
Now this wonderful little gem was quite a surprise for me on this board. As a simple statement of fact I thought little of it until ITN basically announced his insanity first by claiming it never happened.
It didn't. RDCF.
tmiddles wrote:
It is the gift that keeps on giving and more clearly shows the underlying demetia of some Climate Deniers than anything else.
YALIF.
tmiddles wrote:
Well saying the temperature of Denver is unknownable is a close 2nd.

RQAA. RDCF.

The Parrot Killer

04-12-2019 18:04
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
He didn't.
And here we have ITN, not long after arguing with a Jpeg, arguing with Trump himself.

Yes ITN. That's you arguing with the verbatim transcript of Trumps commercial. It just keeps getting funnier.
04-12-2019 18:05
(21582)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

...deleted repetitious quote out of context...
No matter how hard you tap your ruby slippers wacko, this is and always will be Donald J Trumps own work and his first official campaign ad as a politician.

RDCF. RQAA.
tmiddles wrote:
What's amazing is that you loons are so obsessed with never admitting you're wrong you'll just impale yourselves of this sword over and over.

YALIFNAP
tmiddles wrote:
The real gift here is to see, and hopefully learn from, the metal break down behind your lunacy. Since you're certainly part of a sizeable group.YALIFNAP
[quote]tmiddles wrote:
You make it clear that for some people bumble bees don't fly because of aerodynamics,

Who said bumblebees don't fly because of aerodynamics? Are you saying Trump said this too?
tmiddles wrote:
that facts and reality can be set aside.

Void argument fallacy. RDCF.
tmiddles wrote:
It explains a lot of how some "Climate Deniers" will never accept facts they don't like.

Void argument fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

04-12-2019 18:06
(21582)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
He didn't.
And here we have ITN, not long after arguing with a Jpeg, arguing with Trump himself.

Nope. I'm arguing with YOU. You are not Trump. Trump is not on this forum.
tmiddles wrote:
Yes ITN. That's you arguing with the verbatim transcript of Trumps commercial. It just keeps getting funnier.

Nope. I am arguing with you.
RDCF. RQAA.

The Parrot Killer

04-12-2019 18:11
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:
I'm arguing with YOU.
I didnt create the commercial ITN. Trump did. Those are his words not mine.

And no it doesnt say he will one day call for a ban on Muslims, or he might do it. He does it. "Calling" for something is just that. His words not mine.

I think you should see a doctor.
04-12-2019 18:15
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
He didn't.

Just curious Tmiddles...in your own words, what's the difference between Islam and radical Islam? Is there any?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
04-12-2019 18:28
(3979)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Just curious Tmiddles...in your own words, what's the difference between Islam and radical Islam? Is there any?

Of course there is. I personally agree with most of the world that "Radical Islam", an umbrella title for ISIS ect., is a serious threat we should not ignore. "The" difference? Hmmm Violence? I'm not sure. What do you think?

I also understand their strategy: provoke a superpower like the US, who you cant hope to defeat directly, into attacking the entire Muslim religeon, and get 1.8 billion allys to join you.

Trump is the best thing that ever happened for them.

It should be noted my personal political beliefs cannot edit, alter or change the reality that Trump's first campaign ad is as posted above.
Edited on 04-12-2019 18:30
04-12-2019 18:54
(21582)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
I'm arguing with YOU.
I didnt create the commercial ITN. Trump did. Those are his words not mine.

Taken out of context by YOU. RDCF.
tmiddles wrote:
And no it doesnt say he will one day call for a ban on Muslims, or he might do it. He does it. "Calling" for something is just that. His words not mine.

Taken out of context by YOU. RDCF.
tmiddles wrote:
I think you should see a doctor.

YALIF

The Parrot Killer

04-12-2019 18:57
(21582)
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

Of course there is. I personally agree with most of the world that "Radical Islam", an umbrella title for ISIS ect., is a serious threat we should not ignore. "The" difference? Hmmm Violence? I'm not sure. What do you think?

OMG! You want to ban all Muslims! You're a bigot!
tmiddles wrote:
I also understand their strategy: provoke a superpower like the US, who you cant hope to defeat directly, into attacking the entire Muslim religeon, and get 1.8 billion allys to join you.

The U.S. never attacked the entire religion of Islam (it's not called the 'Muslim religion').
tmiddles wrote:
Trump is the best thing that ever happened for them.

It should be noted my personal political beliefs cannot edit, alter or change the reality that Trump's first campaign ad is as posted above.

WTF??? You are now contradicting yourself!

The Parrot Killer

04-12-2019 19:28
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
tmiddles wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

Of course there is. I personally agree with most of the world that "Radical Islam", an umbrella title for ISIS ect., is a serious threat we should not ignore. "The" difference? Hmmm Violence? I'm not sure.

So it's a threat that should not be ignored. I agree.

How would a president Tmiddles put an immediate stop to the radical Islamic murders?

05-12-2019 06:04
(3979)
GasGuzzler wrote:
How would a president Tmiddles put an immediate stop to the radical Islamic murders?

Few quick things to establish on that point:
1- You can't stop something like that completely
2- No president has been able to.
3- Non Islamic terror is also as big an issue

So I don't claim to have the skill or ability personally to solve a problem like that.

What I would not do: "Muslim Ban"
To the point of our earlier discussion I truly believe Trump has given these groups the prize they sought. Every day he does his best to rally 1.8 billion Muslims to become our enemies.

What I would do:
The main thing I would do for all glory killing and terrorism is NEVER show the killers face, give their name, show some stupid video they made or otherwise let the next attacker know they too can be up on the media pedestal. In crimes where a rape occurs the Media strictly follows a policy never to show the victim. They won't show the children of famous people. They can follow a rule of not indulging morbid curiosity if the public doesn't want them too.

In line with that I think we as a society, and our governments, while we work hard to fight against it, should not enshrine these attacks into being presidential platforms, or the only topic of discussion on the news.

Weapons in terrorist attacks are almost always legal. With a pipe bomb here and there we know what weaponry will be unleashed on a crowd from what's available for sale. Large capacity mags, bump stocks, ect. serve no legitimate purpose. The NRA is truly insane and we need to fight their influence. "regular" guns are enough. If you rewrite the gun laws of the past there would have been far fewer fatalities in Vegas for example where the terrorist used a bump stock.
40 people are not going to try to break into your house tonight, I promise.

We should work hard on two fronts, building up a good relationship with mainstream Islam as well.

What would you do?
Edited on 05-12-2019 06:05
05-12-2019 06:22
(14389)
tmiddles wrote:
Few quick things to establish on that point:

DODGE!

tmiddles wrote:2- No president has been able to.

Nothing domestic under Trump's watch. Lots under previous administration.

tmiddles wrote:3- Non Islamic terror is also as big an issue

Off-topic.

tmiddles wrote:So I don't claim to have the skill or ability personally to solve a problem like that.

For that reason, you don't get to complain when Trump solves the problem.

tmiddles wrote:What I would not do:

Solve the problem.

tmiddles wrote:What I would do:
The main thing I would do for all glory killing and terrorism is NEVER show the killers face, give their name, show some stupid video they made or otherwise let the next attacker know they too can be up on the media pedestal.

In this scenario, you don't control the media. Also, it was not a question of what you would NOT do but one of what you WOULD do to stop Islamic terrorism. You have essentially admitted that you can think of nothing more effective than Trump's temporary Mulim ban until it was figured out what was going on. You have essentially admitted that Trumps temporary Muslim ban was, and remains, the best option on the table. You have essentially admitted that you cannot think of any more effective options. You have essentially conceded that all of your Trump Derangement Syndrome-related drivel should be ignored.

05-12-2019 13:58
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:2- No president has been able to.

Nothing domestic under Trump's watch. Lots under previous administration.

"Lots" hmmmm, interesting choice of words. So the Florida Night Club shooting which was by far the worst terrorist attack you could link to Islam during Trumps run for office and leading up to his "Muslim Ban" ad, his policyes would have prevented that?

Draw from here this is a short list of terrorist attacks since 9/11:
September 11, 2001 ISLAMIC
- Al Queda 2,977 people are killed.
Terrorist Origin Saudi Arabia,
April 15, 2013 ISLAMIC
- Boston Marathon, killing three and wounding at least 264.
Terrorist Origin, Kyrgyzstan
July 16, 2015 ISLAMIC
- military recruiting center, killing four US Marines and a Navy sailor.
Terrorist Origin, Kuwait
December 2, 2015 ISLAMIC
- Inland Regional Center in San Bernardino, California, killing 14 people.
Terrorist Origin, Chicago
June 12, 2016 ISLAMIC
- Florida Night Club, kills 49 people ,
Terrorist Origin, New York.
August 12, 2017 NAZI
- Charlotsville, Virginia, car slams into a throng of counter-protesters, One person is killed and 19 are injured.
Terrorist Origin, Ohio
October 31, 2017 ISLAMIC
- Truck Attack World Trade center, Eight people are killed. ISIS,
Terrorist Orign: Uzbekistan
August 3, 2019 NAZI
- Twenty-two people are killed in El Paso Walmart, Nazi,
Terrorist Origin: Texas

So that's 102 people who tragically lost their lives when an ideological killer committed a terrorist attacks (they don't include vegas and the attacks where no one leaves a note or has a cause). 23 people to Nazi's in two attacks and 79 to Islamic Radicals with the Florida night club making up most of that.

Still that is 79 deaths in the US due to Islamic Terrorist attacks in the 6659 days since 9/11. That's about one every 84 days.

So you really have to WANT this to be a crisis to pretend it is one.

Now I noted origin since the "Travel Ban" was aimed at preventing these attacks. None of the attackers were from a country Trump targeted with his order.

IBdaMann wrote:under Trump's watch.
Ha haha If it's a Twitter attack he's our guy.
Edited on 05-12-2019 14:01
06-12-2019 03:41
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
tmiddles wrote:
[quote]GasGuzzler wrote:

tmiddles wrote:Few quick things to establish on that point:
2- No president has been able to.
3- Non Islamic terror is also as big an issue

So I don't claim to have the skill or ability personally to solve a problem like that.

Let's see...I believe you said THIS! -

Criticizing a position without taking one, though pathetic, is effective.

That would make you effectively pathetic. Did I get that right?

tmiddles wrote:What I would not do: "Muslim Ban"
To the point of our earlier discussion I truly believe Trump has given these groups the prize they sought. Every day he does his best to rally 1.8 billion Muslims to become our enemies.

I did some digging. Pew polls show Trump with 4% HIGHER approval than Bush. I don't put much weight in polls, but the general idea is that Muslims vote ~80% democrat anyway, so it doesn't seem Trump has pissed em off all that bad. If they're typical liberals then Trump has them hacked off simply by his existence. See pew numbers at the bottom.

tmiddles wrote:What I would do:
The main thing I would do for all glory killing and terrorism is NEVER show the killers face, give their name, show some stupid video they made or otherwise let the next attacker know they too can be up on the media pedestal. In crimes where a rape occurs the Media strictly follows a policy never to show the victim. They won't show the children of famous people. They can follow a rule of not indulging morbid curiosity if the public doesn't want them too.

I agree that giving them media glory is not helping, however, I will shamelessly regurgitate IBdaMann. As president you don't control the media.

tmiddles wrote:In line with that I think we as a society, and our governments, while we work hard to fight against it, should not enshrine these attacks into being presidential platforms, or the only topic of discussion on the news.

It's not the only topic. I think I heard the word impeachment today? Anyone else??!!

tmiddles wrote:Weapons in terrorist attacks are almost always legal. With a pipe bomb here and there we know what weaponry will be unleashed on a crowd from what's available for sale. Large capacity mags, bump stocks, ect. serve no legitimate purpose. The NRA is truly insane and we need to fight their influence. "regular" guns are enough. If you rewrite the gun laws of the past there would have been far fewer fatalities in Vegas for example where the terrorist used a bump stock.
You can't make that promise and don't get to decide how I defend my land. You are welcome to come out and see for yourself how I defend it.

tmiddles wrote:We should work hard on two fronts, building up a good relationship with mainstream Islam as well.

Yes, and Trump is working hard on building a relationship with you. Do you accept?

By the way, you have still not taken a real position on actual action you would take to curb the radical Muslim terrorism.

tmiddles wrote:What would you do?

Great question...I would probably enact some kind of temporary travel ban, mostly entry from the countries causing us the most trouble.

Attached image:

Edited on 06-12-2019 03:49
06-12-2019 04:09
(14389)
GasGuzzler wrote:

Great question...I would probably enact some kind of temporary travel ban, mostly entry from the countries causing us the most trouble.

You have an excellent platform there. Have you considered running for President?

06-12-2019 05:01
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

You have an excellent platform there. Have you considered running for President?

Haven't we all?

06-12-2019 15:46
(14389)
GasGuzzler wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

Haven't we all?

Not when there are already qualified candidates such as yourself. I don't want to deal with the negativity.

I bet tmiddles would do well admitting that Trump's temprary ban was better than any option he ever proposed.

07-12-2019 05:19
(3979)
GasGuzzler wrote:I agree that giving them media glory is not helping, however, I will shamelessly regurgitate IBdaMann. As president you don't control the media.
True but a President is a leader and confining "what I would do as president" to exclude having a President advocate for something pretty much discounts most of what Presidents do since they aren't Congress either and can only ask that laws be sent to their desk.

GasGuzzler wrote:
tmiddles wrote:...
You can't make that promise....
Ah, I pretty much CAN promise that.

GasGuzzler wrote:
tmiddles wrote:We should work hard on two fronts, building up a good relationship with mainstream Islam as well.

Yes, and Trump is working hard on building a relationship with you. Do you accept?
What? I'm not mainstream Islam. He has sucked up to the Saudi's like every president and so I don't think all of Islam feels attacked.

GasGuzzler wrote:
I would probably enact some kind of temporary travel ban, mostly entry from the countries causing us the most trouble.
What trouble? You saw the list. ZERO of those events would have been effected by a PERMANENT ban on the countries on Trumps list.

So I guess you don't agree that getting Trump to piss off 1.8 billion Muslims just might be an ISIS strategy?

You said:
GasGuzzler wrote:
By the way, you have still not taken a real position on actual action you would take to curb the radical Muslim terrorism.
You kinda missed my answer which is in two parts:
1- Who cares, it's not a crisis. It's not even a mole hill. We should stop pretending it's important
2- Work on building a good relationship with mainstream Muslims. One of the president's primary powers outside of war time is to be our ambassador to the world. Obama understood this well.
07-12-2019 05:37
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
First you said this...

tmiddles wrote:I personally agree with most of the world that "Radical Islam", an umbrella title for ISIS ect., is a serious threat we should not ignore.

But then you say this?

tmiddles wrote:
1- Who cares, it's not a crisis. It's not even a mole hill. We should stop pretending it's important

I honestly hope I did not take you out of context here. I don't play that game. Please fill me in if I've missed something.

tmiddles wrote:2- Work on building a good relationship with mainstream Muslims. One of the president's primary powers outside of war time is to be our ambassador to the world. Obama understood this well.

Ahhhh, you speak of Obama's apology tour?

Edited on 07-12-2019 05:37
07-12-2019 05:45
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
GasGuzzler wrote:
First you said this...

tmiddles wrote:I personally agree with most of the world that "Radical Islam", an umbrella title for ISIS ect., is a serious threat we should not ignore.

But then you say this?

tmiddles wrote:

I honestly hope I did not take you out of context here. I don't play that game. Please fill me in if I've missed something.

tmiddles wrote:2- Work on building a good relationship with mainstream Muslims. One of the president's primary powers outside of war time is to be our ambassador to the world. Obama understood this well.

Radical Islam really does not affect the US much. In countries from Asia Minor to India to the Philippines it is important.
What has hurt the US might be the over 100,000 civilian casualties in Iraq and Americans getting away with murder. As one general said about the number of civilian casualties, they don't matter because they are not in uniform.
Stuff like that helps to fuel hatred against the US. We're supposed to be better than that, right?
07-12-2019 05:47
(3979)
GasGuzzler wrote:
First you said this...

But then you say this?
tmiddles wrote:
Yes radical Islam is a serious threat. Terrorist attacks are not, for the last 20 years at least, in the US.

Follow this: White supremacist ideology is a serious threat to our society in the US presently, but spray painted swastikas are not.

GasGuzzler wrote:
Not an expert on it but yes I believe so.
09-12-2019 07:07
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
tmiddles wrote: Yes radical Islam is a serious threat. Terrorist attacks are not, for the last 20 years at least, in the US.

Follow this: White supremacist ideology is a serious threat to our society in the US presently, but spray painted swastikas are not.

White supremacists? Really? Every one of them be damned. However, they only accounted for 50 deaths last year. That's an average month just in Chicago. I am considering being offended by this. I'll make my decision tomorrow.
09-12-2019 09:40
(3979)
GasGuzzler wrote:
tmiddles wrote: White supremacist ideology is a serious threat ...
White supremacists? Really? ...50 deaths last year.
As with "Radical Islam" it's the ideology that is the threat. The terrorist attacks within the US from any group the past 18 years are trivial matters, or at least they should be considered so.

We of course were a country with fundamental, constitutional white supremacy not so long ago so of course that's something we're more vulnerable to than Radical Islam.

I don't think any of us are worried about large numbers of US residents converting to Radical Islam. But it's standard in Saudi Arabia and much of the world is vulnerable.

This is what made Trump's policy so unmerited. Presumably he was keeping someone out of the country who might want to come commit a terrorist attack. This when none of the previous attackers would have been impacted by the ban AND with the attacks just not being a serious threat to public safety.
09-12-2019 15:56
(14389)
tmiddles wrote: We of course were a country with fundamental, constitutional white supremacy not so long ago so of course that's something we're more vulnerable to than Radical Islam.

Were we a country of "white supremacy" when Obama was elected?

tmiddles wrote:This is what made Trump's policy so unmerited.

I see you are sticking with the same tired fallacy. Trump's policy of national security and making America great again were totally warranted and totally elected to office.

tmiddles wrote: Presumably he was keeping someone out of the country who might want to come commit a terrorist attack.

Remind me, since we are using the word "presumably," how many radical islamic attacks have we had by foreigners from those countries since Trump took office? By all evidence we would be presuming correctly, yes?

tmiddles wrote: This when none of the previous attackers would have been impacted by the ban AND with the attacks just not being a serious threat to public safety.

Trump was not presuming to change the past (unlike you who would rewrite history in a heartbeat) but rather prevent radical islamist attacks from certain particular countries. How has that worked out, by the way?

10-12-2019 04:17
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:How has that worked out, by the way?

It hasn't. You can't prevent something that's not trying to happen. It's a joke.

And your argument:
Trump has prevented terrorist attacks with his policy because there haven't been attacks from the countries he blocked?

That's too dumb for even you IBD.

Because as you know there were no such attacks under any previous president.

You could claim he's keep martian invasion at bay while you're at it.
Page 3 of 5<12345>

Join the debate About the damage that Obama did to science.:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
There is still no Global Warming science.38728-02-2024 23:50
A Science Test1809-12-2023 00:53
Magic or Science706-12-2023 00:29
Science and Atmospheric Chemistry625-11-2023 20:55
The SCIENCE of the "Greenhouse Effect"29105-11-2023 22:46
Articles
Barack Obama: Securing Our Energy Future
Barack Obama: Energy Independence and the Safety of Our Planet
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact